767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 306.
#11801 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I may be in the minority but I like the fact that WOZ is dark. I have dimmable can lights above my machines so I can light it up more if needed but I really like the dark mysterious look of the game

Well I wouldn’t have minded a little brighter GI but I don’t mind that WOZ is dark either. Have a small floor lamp near by with low wattage bulb and if need be I turn it on and it adds just enough light to playfield while still keeping that eerie atmosphere.

#11802 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

yeah my woz and Wonka are so dark, I just got them and am trying to figure out how to tastefully add some light. pinstadiums seem a bit much...

I agree, I’m looking for ideas to add a couple spot lights. Pinstadium is ridiculously too expensive. I can’t see the left side art blades, so I really just need to light up the middle and left side of play field.

My hobbit is well lit from factory with spotlights

#11803 3 years ago

Added some side art and pinstadium omegas to my Emerald City just now, which along with Titan rubbers are my three must-do mods on every modern game that doesn't have them. WoZ really benefits from extra light. First game with the new lights, got my #1 (not GC) score. People taking about the PS lights blowing out the table, but you can adjust the brightness. I think I have mine at 65%.

IMG_20201229_195715.jpgIMG_20201229_195715.jpg

Anyone still sell the stand-up decals?

#11804 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Added some side art and pinstadium omegas to my Emerald City just now, which along with Titan rubbers are my three must-do mods on every modern game that doesn't have them. WoZ really benefits from extra light. First game with the new lights, got my #1 (not GC) score. People taking about the PS lights blowing out the table, but you can adjust the brightness. I think I have mine at 65%.
[quoted image]

That’s a great photo. Looks like you have plenty of light but still keeps the dark mood.

#11805 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That’s a great photo. Looks like you have plenty of light but still keeps the dark mood.

Thanks. The extra light goes a long way towards seeing the art and tracking the ball, but you're right, dimming it down a bit still keeps the mood of the table. I'm thinking about blacking out the section of the left stadium rail above the forest to keep that completely dark. Maybe just a few winds of electrical tape, but not sure if that'll melt after a while.

#11806 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

[quoted image]

I just did the same. PS look really good but can’t be brighter than 60 or so. Get a green trough light too looks great

#11807 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Here's an available quality target decal supplier that I bought from:

http://www.wozmods.com/

Others options can be found via Google or on eBay.

#11808 3 years ago

Tech question:

I have the most recent software revision installed. Per JJP tech help, I've been asked to re-load the software with a complete ISO update.

I've followed the download instructions on JJP website. When I attempt to install, my game seems to indicate that it sees the USB stick. Installs something that takes a matter of (maybe) 25 seconds... and then the game is ready to play.

The issue my game exhibits (the witch begins to laugh at the start of a game, but abruptly goes silent... all other sounds and music in the game work 100%) hasn't seemed to go away. But, I have a pretty good feeling that the ISO update isn't happening. Shouldn't it take 5-10 minutes to install?

Wondering what I'm doing wrong, here.

#11809 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Should take a lot longer to install.

You following the Full Install instructions ? Got the update on the USB stick right ? Loading into game right ?

Something is missing if it does something in 25 seconds.

LTG : )

#11810 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should take a lot longer to install.
You following the Full Install instructions ? Got the update on the USB stick right ? Loading into game right ?
Something is missing if it does something in 25 seconds.

Yes, I’m 99% sure I’m following all of the steps

The game wouldn’t be recognizing the full update as the current code on the game and bypassing a new install, would it?

#11811 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, I’m 99% sure I’m following all of the steps
The game wouldn’t be recognizing the full update as the current code on the game and bypassing a new install, would it?

Try bypassing the cable and plugging the stick directly into the motherboard

#11812 3 years ago

I found a few goodies in the hallmark store

20201231_202535 (resized).jpg20201231_202535 (resized).jpg20201231_202605 (resized).jpg20201231_202605 (resized).jpg
#11813 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Tech question:
I have the most recent software revision installed. Per JJP tech help, I've been asked to re-load the software with a complete ISO update.
I've followed the download instructions on JJP website. When I attempt to install, my game seems to indicate that it sees the USB stick. Installs something that takes a matter of (maybe) 25 seconds... and then the game is ready to play.
The issue my game exhibits (the witch begins to laugh at the start of a game, but abruptly goes silent... all other sounds and music in the game work 100%) hasn't seemed to go away. But, I have a pretty good feeling that the ISO update isn't happening. Shouldn't it take 5-10 minutes to install?

A bad USB cable can cause exactly this even with a USB 2.0, 4 or 8gb stick.
I had the replace the cable.

Plugging into the rear of the computer is a good temporary solution.

Also maybe try a different USB stick.

WOZ likes USB 2.0 sticks better than USB 3.0.

#11814 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys with the green on their tree pops, do you have a link where you bought, Amazon if possible? Thanks

Petco and Petsmart sell these. You should be able to zoom in on the tags and find them somewhere.

1ADB1EC0-9F90-4635-A967-0284A2DB5D46 (resized).jpeg1ADB1EC0-9F90-4635-A967-0284A2DB5D46 (resized).jpeg2F2F761E-485F-4559-A677-CE74A251907A (resized).jpeg2F2F761E-485F-4559-A677-CE74A251907A (resized).jpeg
#11815 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Petco and Petsmart sell these. You should be able to zoom in on the tags and find them somewhere.

Yep - this looks like what I bought at Petco for my WoZ trees:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-hedge-ball-aquatic-decor

One plant ball will be more than enough for all three trees. I touched the leaves up with various shades of green craft paint and then sprayed them with a matte coat to make them look more realistic and less plastic-like. I've only done one tree so far - here's a current pic that shows the trees both with and without the leaves.
WoZ trees (resized).jpgWoZ trees (resized).jpg

#11816 3 years ago

That looks very cool, I might have to spruce up my trees on the RR. How are you guys attaching the tree leaves to the trees, hot glue gun? Post some pics when it’s all done!

#11817 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks very cool, I might have to spruce up my trees on the RR. How are you guys attaching the tree leaves to the trees, hot glue gun? Post some pics when it’s all done!

E6000. It’s a lot cleaner than a glue gun and can be removed even if it’s dried and set, if necessary.

#11818 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

E6000. It’s a lot cleaner than a glue gun and can be removed even if it’s dried and set, if necessary.

Never heard of E6000. Would you recommend using it to keep the connector in place for the crystal ball as well? Mine keeps coming loose after a few games.

#11819 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Never heard of E6000. Would you recommend using it to keep the connector in place for the crystal ball as well? Mine keeps coming loose after a few games.

Hot glue the connector on.

Hot glue works really well and scrapes off easily.

Just dont melt the connector with the hot tip of the glue gun.

#11820 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - this looks like what I bought at Petco for my WoZ trees:
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-hedge-ball-aquatic-decor
One plant ball will be more than enough for all three trees. I touched the leaves up with various shades of green craft paint and then sprayed them with a matte coat to make them look more realistic and less plastic-like. I've only done one tree so far - here's a current pic that shows the trees both with and without the leaves.
[quoted image]

This was perfect. I'm not nearly as talented as you guys with this stuff but I was happy with the end product. I used the smallest amount of hot glue for easy removal of I wanted. Thanks for the help

20210102_132517 (resized).jpg20210102_132517 (resized).jpg20210102_133538 (resized).jpg20210102_133538 (resized).jpg
#11821 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This was perfect. I'm not nearly as talented as you guys with this stuff but I was happy with the end product. I used the smallest amount of hot glue for easy removal of I wanted. Thanks for the help
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice. Did you get it from petco?

#11822 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Looks nice. Did you get it from petco?

Yep link above

#11823 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You gotta get the munchkin playfield edge guard from Cliffy, maybe.

#11824 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You gotta get the munchkin playfield edge guard from Cliffy, maybe.

I have it (actually have the entire set). I really don't like adding cliffys as they take away from the beauty. I much rather see the wood. When I need to install it, I will but for now, I like it as is.

Once you put the cliffy on, it can be perfect underneath or a routed mess - all the same. I like to see the HUO goodness for now.

#11825 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have it (actually have the entire set). I really don't like adding cliffys as they take away from the beauty. I much rather see the wood. When I need to install it, I will but for now, I like it as is.
Once you put the cliffy on, it can be perfect underneath or a routed mess - all the same. I like to see the HUO goodness for now.

The munchkin playfield cliffy prevents the damage but will not cover the damage that has already happened on the top from chipping artwork. In other words, once the damage caused by the ball striking the edge of the playfield has happened it is visible even with the cliffy installed. The cliffy prevents the damage from ever happening.

#11826 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The munchkin playfield cliffy prevents the damage but will not cover the damage that has already happened on the top from chipping artwork. In other words, once the damage caused by the ball striking the edge of the playfield has happened it is visible even with the cliffy installed. The cliffy prevents the damage from ever happening.

Agreed. I would highly recommend installing at least that one. It should be considered mandatory. And, it looks stock; doesn’t take away from the look at all. You won’t regret installing it, but it is very likely you will regret not installing it sometime soon.

#11827 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Molotow black paint marker fixed the chipping on mine pretty good before I added the Cliffy. Looks factory.

So, its not too tragic of a touch-up.

#11828 3 years ago

Pixels Arcade LCD display that replaces the Wizard. Where is a connection that is under 12.5v to tap into on a YBR edition?

#11829 3 years ago

Hi All,
Well I just got an Emerald WoZ. I was so excited about getting it. I have a standard one and love it so I just got the Emerald. Looks great but got it home and it is having issues. One switch was not working so I found a broken off wire which I soldered and works great. Now the plumb bob and Monkey have sensor issues. Need to check sensor for monkey. Any suggestions? Major concern is that the lights work sometimes and sometimes it is only one light board working. I play my other WoZ and it works perfect. My new emerald lights really don't work when switches hit and then some do. The weird thing is when I turn it off, different things come on and then other times they don"t. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

IMG_6019 (resized).JPGIMG_6019 (resized).JPG
#11830 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi All,
Well I just got an Emerald WoZ. I was so excited about getting it. I have a standard one and love it so I just got the Emerald. Looks great but got it home and it is having issues. One switch was not working so I found a broken off wire which I soldered and works great. Now the plumb bob and Monkey have sensor issues. Need to check sensor for monkey. Any suggestions? Major concern is that the lights work sometimes and sometimes it is only one light board working. I play my other WoZ and it works perfect. My new emerald lights really don't work when switches hit and then some do. The weird thing is when I turn it off, different things come on and then other times they don"t. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
[quoted image]

If it's giving you a D27 error, it could be because you haven't closed the switch in awhile. Monkey magnet sense only works by doing the magnet sense test under device test correctly.

#11831 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If it's giving you a D27 error, it could be because you haven't closed the switch in awhile. Monkey magnet sense only works by doing the magnet sense test under device test correctly.

Hi,
It is D#06 error on the monkey. I find out that the lights issue is when the game is on for over 5 to 10 minutes or so. The bottom lights are just staying on with a few out. Hit targets and they stay the same.
Thanks,
Tom

#11832 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi,
It is D#06 error on the monkey. I find out that the lights issue is when the game is on for over 5 to 10 minutes or so. The bottom lights are just staying on with a few out. Hit targets and they stay the same.
Thanks,
Tom

Right okay. Open coin door, pull out top white interlock switch to restore high power, tests, device tests, magnet sense test. Roll ball up right orbit. The game must see the opto under the house AND the top right orbit made rollover or else it will not turn the magnet on. If it does turn the magnet on and catches the ball, check the magnet sense box on the monitor. If it legitimately doesn't work, check that the PCB behind the back panel is both plugged in and facing the correct way (components face in towards the back panel). Also make sure it hasn't been damaged by overtightening.

Lighting chain attached

WoZ C-52_Cable Routing - Copy (resized).jpgWoZ C-52_Cable Routing - Copy (resized).jpg
#11833 3 years ago

Right okay. Open coin door, pull out top white interlock switch to restore high power, tests, device tests, magnet sense test. Roll ball up right orbit. The game must see the opto under the house AND the top right orbit made rollover or else it will not turn the magnet on. If it does turn the magnet on and catches the ball, check the magnet sense box on the monitor. If it legitimately doesn't work, check that the PCB behind the back panel is both plugged in and facing the correct way (components face in towards the back panel). Also make sure it hasn't been damaged by overtightening.
Lighting chain attached [quoted image]

It does recognize it and works. That is the thing. Sometimes the monkey will only go halfway and sometimes it will make it down and get the ball. Maybe the monkey needs to be greased?

#11834 3 years ago

How would I know if I have bad light boards? The lights work when it first starts but then most just stayed lit. Would it be bad light boards or power issues before the light boards? It happens mostly to the lower light boards.

#11835 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

It does recognize it and works. That is the thing. Sometimes the monkey will only go halfway and sometimes it will make it down and get the ball. Maybe the monkey needs to be greased?

Definitely grease it if it hasn't been.

#11836 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

It happens mostly to the lower light boards.

Follow the diagram on Steve's post 11832. The data harnesses going in a straight line. W6 to #29 to # 1 to #2 etc. etc. They don't always go numerically. Follow the diagram. Find the last working LED board. The first one after it that is messed up is the bad LED board.

#11837 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

How would I know if I have bad light boards? The lights work when it first starts but then most just stayed lit. Would it be bad light boards or power issues before the light boards? It happens mostly to the lower light boards.

Follow the chain - put the game in test menu so all the lights are forced white. Follow the chain I sent to you. Where the chain breaks, it is either the last lit board or the first dark board that you need to bypass using the data cables. DO NOT plug in or unplug the POWER cables with the game on (violet and black wires). You will damage things. Data cables are okay to move with the power on.

Edit - just listen to Lloyd.

#11838 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the diagram on Steve's post 11832. The data harnesses going in a straight line. W6 to #29 to # 1 to #2 etc. etc. They don't always go numerically. Follow the diagram. Find the last working LED board. The first one after it that is messed up is the bad LED board.

Follow the chain - put the game in test menu so all the lights are forced white. Follow the chain I sent to you. Where the chain breaks, it is either the last lit board or the first dark board that you need to bypass using the data cables. DO NOT plug in or unplug the POWER cables with the game on (violet and black wires). You will damage things. Data cables are okay to move with the power on.
Edit - just listen to Lloyd.

Thanks Guys! I will check this out. If it is a bad board, do you need to replace all boards to the new ones or can one board be replace or repaired?
Tom

#11839 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Thanks Guys! I will check this out. If it is a bad board, do you need to replace all boards to the new ones or can one board be replace or repaired?
Tom

One can be replaced.

#11840 3 years ago

One can be replaced.

That is good. I have the board set from JJP that cost $800. So I can just replace the ones that need it.
What is the best grease for the Monkey?
Thanks!

#11841 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

If it is a bad board, do you need to replace all boards to the new ones or can one board be replace or repaired?

You can order a new board from the website. If the data harness reaches, you can bypass a board. As an example say #22 is bad. You can run the data harness from #21 to #23 instead. Turn #22 off in Settings. When you get a new board, install it. Get data harnesses back in the right order. And turn the board back on in settings.

jerseyjackpinball.com - go to Store - Parts - Wizard of Oz.

#11842 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Maybe the monkey needs to be greased?

If you want to grease your monkey. I'd clean off the old grease. See picture. The monkey slides on the lower smooth rod and travels on the threaded rod. The red arrows point to them.

I'd remove old grease from the threaded rod and top of the smooth rod. Then put a thin bead of grease on the top of the smooth rod and then on the threaded rod.

Run the monkey up and down a few times in Tests - Devices - Monkey. And your monkey should be good for a long time.

monkey (resized).JPGmonkey (resized).JPG
#11843 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

That is good. I have the board set from JJP that cost $800. So I can just replace the ones that need it.
Thanks!

To be clear, the $800 board set that it sounds like you bought is likely the 2.0 board set. Those cannot be swapped for version 1 boards. Did you in fact buy the 2.0 conversion kit to do an upgrade someday?

#11844 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

To be clear, the $800 board set that it sounds like you bought is likely the 2.0 board set. Those cannot be swapped for version 1 boards. Did you in fact buy the 2.0 conversion kit to do an upgrade someday?

Yes, the previous owner had them with it when I purchased it. So I am sure they are the conversion kit.
Thank you!

#11845 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I have the board set from JJP that cost $800. So I can just replace the ones that need it.

Please read Nokoro post. If you bought the $800 2.0 light board set. Don't try replacing them from the 2.0 set. Not the same system, won't work.

Quoted from PinballT:

I use a grease for garage door openers. Anything can be used. You can search this topic for the word grease and see what all comes up.

#11846 3 years ago

Definitely grease it if it hasn't been.

Grease both the threaded and the rider below the threaded rod as well. Use white lithium or super lube. I use white lithium. Careful when you test it after because that threaded rod will spin that grease everywhere. Don't cake it on either. No reason to put it on like it was shot out of a fire hose.
My monkey was wonky when I was shaking mine down but.... running device tests first to verify operation and travel, a couple adjustments to both the monkey and the opto, a little cleaning and some new grease and he was flying down and snatching balls like you read about.
Also, watch this video to get comfortable with troubleshooting the Monkey and magnet. I'm not saying this is the end all be all video but he hits some major things to check and its a visual reference to gain confidence. This game is intimidating but if you make it small by working within small areas at a time it will be easier. Focus on one problem at a time. You seem to have more than one gremlin so pick one and only troubleshoot that one first. Get that monkey working and you'll be pumped when it comes to taking on the LED issue.

#11847 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Yes, the previous owner had them with it when I purchased it. So I am sure they are the conversion kit.
Thank you!

If the kit has a B.A.G Board and HUB board, and a bunch of ethernet cables. It's the 2.0 conversion kit.

Now might be a good time to install it.

#11848 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Grease both the threaded and the rider below the threaded rod as well. Use white lithium or super lube. I use white lithium. Careful when you test it after because that threaded rod will spin that grease everywhere. Don't cake it on either. No reason to put it on like it was shot out of a fire hose.
My monkey was wonky when I was shaking mine down but.... running device tests first to verify operation and travel, a couple adjustments to both the monkey and the opto, a little cleaning and some new grease and he was flying down and snatching balls like you read about.
Also, watch this video to get comfortable with troubleshooting the Monkey and magnet. I'm not saying this is the end all be all video but he hits some major things to check and its a visual reference to gain confidence. This game is intimidating but if you make it small by working within small areas at a time it will be easier. Focus on one problem at a time. You seem to have more than one gremlin so pick one and only troubleshoot that one first. Get that monkey working and you'll be pumped when it comes to taking on the LED issue.

I take too long to type apparently. Listen to Lloyd and Steve mostly but hopefully all our other inputs will maybe cover something of use as well.
Maybe it's time to do that changeover to the actual 2.0 system. I'm waiting for them to come back in stock myself. Fix the monkey first. LOL!

#11849 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

hopefully all our other inputs will maybe cover something of use as well.

Please continue to do so. Something can be missed. Or posted a bit differently and is understood better. All helps the person get the most out of their game.

Quoted from mikepmcs:

I take too long to type apparently.

I'm usually responding to multiple things in many different places. So I often come and go.

#11850 3 years ago

Oh yeah. Get a set of inside cabinet protectors if you don't already have them from JJP.
Call JJP first and see if they'll sell a set of the ones they supplied me with when I got my Wonka CE. They are a must have in my opinion.

If not, buy these.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.