BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 305.
#11551 3 years ago

Do any of the online stores sell the tiny-tiny adjustment hex bolts used to adjust the witch switch mech? Do they have a name/size?

thanks I lost one

#11552 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Do any of the online stores sell the tiny-tiny adjustment hex bolts used to adjust the witch switch mech? Do they have a name/size?
thanks I lost one

is it listed in the manual?

#11553 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-2-56-x-12-black-microswitch-screw.html

LTG : )

#11554 3 years ago

Thanks LTG. per the manual the piece I need is 91-2002-00 56 Hex nut and flat washers

#11555 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

thanks I lost one

I’m pretty sure I’ve bought from Bolt Depot in the past when I need an odd screw. The only issue is you pay .20 cents for the screw and $7 for shipping if I remember correctly. But I think they have everything.

#11556 3 years ago

thanks. Just ordered from bolt depot. $5.64 to my house

#11557 3 years ago

is there a consensus on which version is the best? looking to add one to my collection. I heard Ruby Red 2.0 is where it's at, is that true?

#11558 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

is there a consensus on which version is the best? looking to add one to my collection. I heard Ruby Red 2.0 is where it's at, is that true?

As an owner of a RR converted to 2.0, I say yes. But in all honesty, they are all good. You can’t go wrong. The RR versions probably have the most bling, but other versions have cool stuff like yellow sparkle on the playfield (YBR) or wooden apron (ECLE). The only thing to really be aware of is that the YBR lacks the monkey mech, and that not getting 2.0 could lead to more unreliable light boards.

#11559 3 years ago

so I'm about to rejoin the club with my fav version of the game (ECLE) but with 2.0 boards.

Question - any ECLE owners use pinstadiums that will go out/turn off when the all lights mode is turned on? I recall them not working previously (the pins would stay on, killing that effect).

Also - I likely end up buying these mods for the third time but if anyone has any extra tornado, wizard torches or lit ballon mods, PM me

Thanks!

#11560 3 years ago

I have a RR nov 15 with the original 7.5s...I bought a spare working set for 250 havnt used any yet.

#11561 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a ECLE! My monkey mech works but every time he drops the ball at the castle it hits and falls off the edge onto the playfield below instead of staying up top. Anyone know of a fix for this? Also what tweaks should I know - playfield level - flipper power etc to get it tuned in? Thanks and excited to start learning this awesome game!

#11562 3 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

My monkey mech works but every time he drops the ball at the castle it hits and falls off the edge onto the playfield below instead of staying up top. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Adjust the limit switch for the monkey mech up by the castle so the monkey travels a little farther.

#11563 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

As an owner of a RR converted to 2.0, I say yes. But in all honesty, they are all good. You can’t go wrong. The RR versions probably have the most bling, but other versions have cool stuff like yellow sparkle on the playfield (YBR) or wooden apron (ECLE). The only thing to really be aware of is that the YBR lacks the monkey mech, and that not getting 2.0 could lead to more unreliable light boards.

Does YBR have the 2.0 boards? Not sure what you meant by not getting 2.0? Thanks.

#11564 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does YBR have the 2.0 boards?

Yes.

#11565 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm about to rejoin the club with my fav version of the game (ECLE) but with 2.0 boards.
Question - any ECLE owners use pinstadiums that will go out/turn off when the all lights mode is turned on? I recall them not working previously (the pins would stay on, killing that effect).
Also - I likely end up buying these mods for the third time but if anyone has any extra tornado, wizard torches or lit ballon mods, PM me
Thanks!

I have plenty of extra lit balloon mods

https://pinballmods.co/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/WOZ-flickering-flame-balloon-JJP

#11566 3 years ago

One year ago I bought a NIB RR WOz and absolutely love this game! I’m fighting the witch all the time but haven’t melted her yet. Had a buddy over a month ago and he posted a 1.2 million grand champion on my game (with my help of course lol). Now I’m desperately trying to beat his score daily and get SO close before the witch cackles at me and it’s over! GnR on order but I can tell you that it has some BIG shoes to fill in my house. Very proud of this game and there is no doubt it is bolted to the floor as the center piece of the room. So the question is when the GnR LE comes do I put it next to Woz or MB and leave Woz to stand alone. Or I could put the GnR alone I guess. Ahhh LOVE these problems.

#11567 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks!

I have an RR and have had OG PinStadiums on it for a long time because the game really needs some extra light. With the original 7.5 buffered boards the GI interaction with the PSs worked very well. There's been discussion about whether they should or not during certain modes but it worked with nice fading effects. When I did the upgrade to the 2.0 board system I abondoned the GI integration for two reasons - it was no longer fading on and off and it was also causing the LED board I had it hooked to (one of the small individual ones IIRC) was exhibiting weird ghosting-like behavior. My theory is that the sensing circuit was adding capacitance or impedance, or both to the LED drive circuit. Now Scott has said, and possibly provided video, I've never followed up on it, that it does work with the fading effects on the 2.0 boards so it's entirely possible I just hooked it up wrong, my set was behaving differently, etc. You might want to check the dedicated PS thread for that.

#11568 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does YBR have the 2.0 boards? Not sure what you meant by not getting 2.0? Thanks.

Yes it does. Sorry for the confusion. I meant that to be a separate statement and not tied to the YBR statement.

#11569 3 years ago

Thank you, I will order this mod.

What are some must have mods for YBR? I just found one and will have it in a week or so.

#11570 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Thank you, I will order this mod.
What are some must have mods for YBR? I just found one and will have it in a week or so.

Congrats!

I'm not impartial, but I have everything we sell on our game.
https://pinballmods.co/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods

Side art blades, personally I think it's a must have. Out of all the blades for all the games I think these are some of the best.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades

I would suggest the backalley items, but YBR already has them all.

#11571 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

What are some must have mods for YBR?

Get the munchkin playfield protector if it doesn't have one already.
Just look at the beating my protector has taken and imagine what would have happened to the edge of the munchkin playfield if this wasn't there.

I got mine at passion for pinball aka Cliffy and recommend it, but there are other alternatives.
This is really the only must have mod.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

IMG_2092.JPGIMG_2092.JPG
#11572 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Get the munchkin playfield protector if it doesn't have one already.
Just look at the beating my protector has taken and imagine what would have happened to the edge of the munchkin playfield if this wasn't there.
I got mine at passion for pinball aka Cliffy and recommend it, but there are other alternatives.
This is really the only must have mod.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm
[quoted image]

That's definitely a must add mod. I'd also say Steve Gouveia's Witch 1.0 or 2.0 mods are also must have... works of art!

#11573 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That's definitely a must add mod. I'd also say Steve Gouveia's Witch 1.0 or 2.0 mods are also must have... works of art!

anyone know where to get those witch mods? I don’t see it on pin side market. Thanks.

#11574 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

anyone know where to get those witch mods? I don’t see it on pin side market. Thanks.

Check here often. Guys receiving the 2.0 version are selling their 1.0 versions here mostly.

Otherwise you can't. It's a limited run and the list is closed.

#11575 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Here is Steve's thread on the mod(s): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/97#post-5986553

You may want to keep checking it or even post that you are interested in anyone selling their 1.0 because a number of his original mods will be listed for sale when people get their 2.0 mod. So if you post interest there, you may get a PM from someone and work out a deal. Expect to pay about $200 for the 1.0 mod.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11576 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

The only place to find them is in the link Calfdemon posted ^above^.

I just sold my witch 1.0 for $185 shipped, for reference.

Steve's witch and monkey mods are ridiculously awesome, tho! I'd definitely seek them out.

#11577 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:anyone know where to get those witch mods? I don’t see it on pin side market. Thanks.

FWIW Harry Houdini is also selling a witch/well/lighted smoke mod that is very similar to the Gouveia and very nice looking.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-woz-flaming-witch-with-realistic-fire-mod-development

I was lucky enough to get the Gouveia and it is my preference but I figured you'd like to know what other options are available.

Quoted from 27dnast:

The only place to find them is in the link Calfdemon posted ^above^.
I just sold my witch 1.0 for $185 shipped, for reference.
Steve's witch and monkey mods are ridiculously awesome, tho! I'd definitely seek them out.

That's about right. I just sold my 1.0 with the lermods light strip for 200 shipped. S&H& insurance was $15 btw.

#11578 3 years ago

Hello all,

Proud owner of a JJP RRWOZLE here, and after having this trouble free machine in my collection for over a year now, I'm having my first LED board issue.
In reading through the procedure to bypass the bad board (Board 7) I don't think the cable coming from board 6 is long enough to reach board 8 to bypass.

Let me know if I'm missing something... I'm working with JJP to get a replacement board and a 16" cable to bypass the board.

I believe these are 7.5V light boards V1.4, and DOM is 8/15.

#11579 3 years ago
Quoted from MartianMan:

In reading through the procedure to bypass the bad board (Board 7) I don't think the cable coming from board 6 is long enough to reach board 8 to bypass.

See if it will reach #9, bypassing 7 and 8. Turn them both off in settings. Turn them back on after you replace 7 and get data harnesses back in the right spots.

#11580 3 years ago

Very good. I'll give it a try and report back...

#11581 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Congrats!
I'm not impartial, but I have everything we sell on our game.
https://pinballmods.co/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods
Side art blades, personally I think it's a must have. Out of all the blades for all the games I think these are some of the best.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/official-jjp-wizard-of-oz-pinblades
I would suggest the backalley items, but YBR already has them all.

I was just looking at these art blades and was going to see if anybody has pics of these installed on a RR, and also do we need a protector over these blades?

#11582 3 years ago
Quoted from MartianMan:

Hello all,
Proud owner of a JJP RRWOZLE here, and after having this trouble free machine in my collection for over a year now, I'm having my first LED board issue.
Let me know if I'm missing something... I'm working with JJP to get a replacement board and a 16" cable to bypass the board.
I believe these are 7.5V light boards V1.4, and DOM is 8/15.

Try reseating all connectors. I had some flickering too, but after reseating connectors on several boards and just pushing everything tight on all boards, problems all gone.

#11583 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I was just looking at these art blades and was going to see if anybody has pics of these installed on a RR, and also do we need a protector over these blades?

As for protecting any side are just buy a set of the protectors from PBL that you slide in and out when lifting the playfield. They work like a charm.

#11584 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I had them on my RR and they are going on my ECLE soon. They work perfectly on every version, IMHO.

Protectors are a must on every side blade out there. I thought I could get away with soft felt on the sides of my playfield and the blade material combined with the forces of the playfield just are not a good combination. Get the PBL ones like bobukcat said: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iQRa1g5xWw5u7uvp6

#11585 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See if it will reach #9, bypassing 7 and 8. Turn them both off in settings. Turn them back on after you replace 7 and get data harnesses back in the right spots.

Worked great, thanks again!

#11586 3 years ago

I have a set of 7.5 boards - pm if interested. $290 + shipping

#11587 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No the software won't run it

Is it possible to swap an ECLE hard drive into a YBR?

Would that solve the software problem?

#11588 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is it possible to swap an ECLE hard drive into a YBR?
Would that solve the software problem?

Nope

#11589 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Probably a dump question but can the flying monkey mech be added to the YBR edition? Thanks.

It was my understanding that the monkey mech will not fit in the newer cabinets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/204#post-5621004

#11590 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It was my understanding that the monkey mech will not fit in the newer cabinets.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/204#post-5621004

This seemed to be up for debate because the newest RRs are possibly built with the new cabs (computer, etc. moved to the backbox) but I don't know that this has been confirmed to be true or not. Regardless, if you want the monkey you don't want the YBR.

#11591 3 years ago

Hello I just started my research into possibly getting a WOZ. I'm interested in a machine that has a monkey mech and not interested in YBR. Does anyone know if a new RR edition will be released again?

#11592 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hello I just started my research into possibly getting a WOZ. I'm interested in a machine that has a monkey mech and not interested in YBR. Does anyone know if a new RR edition will be released again?

They removed the mech because of reliability issues. Seriously doubt they would add it again in whatever the next edition will be.

#11593 3 years ago

Finally ordered the art blades from pin graphics. Can’t wait to see them installed.

#11594 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They removed the mech because of reliability issues.

Really? This sounds to me like something the company would say when they did something to save money.
Changing the lighting system was due to reliability.

#11595 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

JJP isn’t going to be producing those again for a while, given the fact GNR orders are excessive. You should contact JJP distributors and see if they have any left... or just buy a HUO.

#11596 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

JJP isn’t going to be producing those again for a while, given the fact GNR orders are excessive. You should contact JJP distributors and see if they have any left... or just buy a HUO.

However, given JJP's history, it is entirely likely that more RR's, YBR's or some new WOZ flavor (RREC in time for Xmas anybody?) will be produced in the future given it is an amazing machine and strong demand is likely to continue.

#11597 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

However, given JJP's history, it is entirely likely that more RR's, YBR's or some new WOZ flavor (RREC in time for Xmas anybody?) will be produced in the future given it is an amazing machine and strong demand is likely to continue.

Wouldn’t disagree. But I wouldn’t expect anything before spring, possibly summer

#11598 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wouldn’t disagree. But I wouldn’t expect anything before spring, possibly summer

I have been wanting a WOZ YBR but I may wait. Sounds like there is some certainty for another run. Thanks.

#11599 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This seemed to be up for debate because the newest RRs are possibly built with the new cabs (computer, etc. moved to the backbox) but I don't know that this has been confirmed to be true or not. Regardless, if you want the monkey you don't want the YBR.

My RR was built last year (2019) with the computer in the back box. Some of the wiring is different also. They improved the monkey mech with different parts.

#11600 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I have been wanting a WOZ YBR but I may wait. Sounds like there is some certainty for another run. Thanks.

I doubt YBR is going to be re-run, ever. Pretty sure it was a sales flop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/232?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.