20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 306.
#11501 3 years ago

helping buddy update his woz game code. Hr is running 4.10...

is there a quick explanation? Looks like I need to install program to help read the code? is this done on my pc or on the thumb drive?
A quick help thread would be awesome. Been 3-4 years since I updated a a JJP pin.

#11502 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

helping buddy update his woz game code. Hr is running 4.10...
is there a quick explanation? Looks like I need to install program to help read the code? is this done on my pc or on the thumb drive?
A quick help thread would be awesome. Been 3-4 years since I updated a a JJP pin.

Unetbootin or Rufus - dialog boxes step by step on our website under full install instructions. Download 7.02 full install. Use unetbootin to build the stick for you. Take time. Usb Sandisc cruzer glide 16gb blank stick. No bigger than 32 at any rate. Make sure stick is empty cause full install formats it first.
Answer yes to all. Remove stick and install in usb cable front left side with GAME POWER OFF.
Power on. Wait. It will rewrite the drive for you.

#11503 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Unetbootin or Rufus - dialog boxes step by step on our website under full install instructions. Download 7.02 full install. Use unetbootin to build the stick for you. Take time. Usb Sandisc cruzer glide 16gb blank stick. No bigger than 32 at any rate. Make sure stick is empty cause full install formats it first.
Answer yes to all. Remove stick and install in usb cable front left side with GAME POWER OFF.
Power on. Wait. It will rewrite the drive for you.

thx. i have a new cruzer sandisk 16. Ill try and report back. So I load unetbootin on my desktop or on the blank stick?

update. trying it now...seems to be extracting to thumb drive. so far so good.

#11504 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So I load unetbootin on my desktop

Yes. Then open that and use it to put the update on the USB stick.

LTG : )

#11505 3 years ago

I never noticed until today that the tree closest to the witch will lean towards the witch when the lower magnet is activated.

#11506 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I never noticed until today that the tree closest to the witch will lean towards the witch when the lower magnet is activated.

It the pop bumper ring cracked?

#11507 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Then open that and use it to put the update on the USB stick.

anyone have a pic of what the file should look like on flash drive? friend is a coupe hour drive and want to verify I have the files set up correct.

#11508 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I don’t know! I will have to take a look. I just thought it was because of the magnet being so strong and never noticing in the past.

#11509 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I don’t know! I will have to take a look. I just thought it was because of the magnet being so strong and never noticing in the past.

The flat metal plate the tree bolts to loose ? Or hex stand off broken ?

#11510 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

anyone have a pic of what the file should look like on flash drive

DSC00403 (resized).JPGDSC00403 (resized).JPGDSC00404 (resized).JPGDSC00404 (resized).JPG
#11511 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Think I’m good then

0AB972F6-1DCC-419E-B3F1-E7E9C2697F91 (resized).jpeg0AB972F6-1DCC-419E-B3F1-E7E9C2697F91 (resized).jpeg
#11512 3 years ago

Not to argue the point but I have setup a 2.0 and a regular LED woz at the factory years ago and people couldn't tell which was which. That said, there are some on here who are adamant that the 2.0 LEDs are dimmer so YMMV.

Where is the easiest was to check that the boards were indeed updated to 2.0?

#11513 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

2.0 uses cat5 cables all over the place, the older systems do not.

#11514 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

2.0 uses cat5 cables all over the place, the older systems do not.

From jerseyjackpinball.com you can download the WOZ manual. Under Support under Downloads under Wizard Of Oz. Page C-54 shows data harnesses, page E-24 shows the cat5 cables and B.A.G. Board and HUB Board.

Easy to compare to what is in your game.

#11515 3 years ago

Quoted from LTG:

The flat metal plate the tree bolts to loose ? Or hex stand off broken ?

I checked everything out. Nothing broken or loose. It’s just the natural looseness of the tree and the magnet makes it lean. I bet many do this. But people never notice.

#11516 3 years ago

Finally melted the Witch! Awesome game mode...

#11517 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I checked everything out. Nothing broken or loose. It’s just the natural looseness of the tree and the magnet makes it lean. I bet many do this. But people never notice.

Interesting, mine doesnt do this.

#11518 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Such a great feeling i'snt! I beat it a week or more ago and haven't done it sense. Incredibly rewarding. Congratulations!!

#11519 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Such a great feeling i'snt! I beat it a week or more ago and haven't done it sense. Incredibly rewarding. Congratulations!!

Yes, I was very proud of myself! I was all excited to tell my wife (who is not into pinball at all), and I ran upstairs to tell her only to find out she was yelling for me to help with the kids and groceries but I was too engaged to hear her... whoops! haha

But I was surprised to see that there is no high score or anything for melting the witch.

#11520 3 years ago

Funny thing about melting the witch... Previous owner had never gotten to battle the witch. Didn't play it much. Bought it from him in July.

Sooo.. I buy the game. Don't know anything about the rules for the first few weeks - playing the old "shoot the flashing light" without understanding anything. Not only do I get to battle the witch twice in those first few weeks but melted her both times - not really understanding what I did to get there. Then I started reading up on the rules. Of course I'm thinking "Now that I know HOW to battle her it'll be so much easier".

Pfffft... Took me forever(months) to battle the witch again. I have gotten there 8 times since those first 2 times (total of 10 now in audits). Have I melted her again? Hell no... Not even CLOSE... GAH!!

Seems that now that I know how to beat her, I just can't. Uggh..

Reminds my of when I bought RFM. Totally beat it (won Attack Mars) within 48 hours of ownership. That was 5 months ago. I was disappointed and sad and understood the "It's too easy of a game" comments.... Of course I never got close again since. lol.

#11521 3 years ago

Soooo, have anyone really gotten to Somewhere Over The Rainbow mode? Do you actually have to complete Rescue Multiball, Crystal Ball Multiball and the others or just start them?

Also, how do you start Haunted Forest Multiball. Ive done it once but completely by chance.

#11522 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Soooo, have anyone really gotten to Somewhere Over The Rainbow mode? Do you actually have to complete Rescue Multiball, Crystal Ball Multiball and the others or just start them?
Also, how do you start Haunted Forest Multiball. Ive done it once but completely by chance.

Yes you need to complete Rescue multiball and many other things (collect 8 jewels in total). It's in the manual page A-20.

I've been close. 5 of 8 jewels collected. Fought the witch THREE times during that marathon of a game and never melted her. I was also missing master fireball frenzy and complete Rescue multiball(got super jackpot but not mega jackpot).

Haunted forest Multiball is the 5th Haunted mode. Starts like the others.

BB721860-F2EB-4BAB-B2A8-3C099FC17E28 (resized).jpegBB721860-F2EB-4BAB-B2A8-3C099FC17E28 (resized).jpeg
#11523 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

getting 7 of 8 emeralds is pretty common.
The hardest is the rescue multiball one, its near impossible.

Pinballgoddess is one of the best WOZ players out there, and still hasnt managed it.
She gets 7 of 8 emeralds all the time.

I have joked about having me gain this emerald with the glass off, first, before she plays, but she refuses lol.

Im confident due to the difficulty of this, a lot the people that purport doing it are cheats.

Read the rules on it, its near impossible.

#11524 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes you need to complete Rescue multiball and many other things (collect 8 jewels in total). It's in the manual page A-20.
I've been close. 5 of 8 jewels collected. Fought the witch THREE times during that marathon of a game and never melted her. I was also missing master fireball frenzy and complete Rescue multiball(got super jackpot but not mega jackpot).
Haunted forest Multiball is the 5th Haunted mode. Starts like the others.[quoted image]

The hardest is the rescue multiball one, its near impossible.
pinballgoddess is one of the best WOZ players out there, and still hasnt managed it.
She gets 7 of 8 emeralds all the time.
I have joked about having me gain this emerald with the glass off, first, before she plays, but she refuses lol.
Im confident due to the difficulty of this, a lot the people that purport doing it are cheats.
Read the rules on it, its near impossible.

Good info. But wow, thats like unbelievably hard.

Found this on youtube. This guy is amazing.

#11525 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thank you.

#11526 3 years ago

Common? Maybe for the best. I don’t think I’ve gotten over 3 in years of playing.

#11527 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That Karl DeAngelo guy is pretty good too!

#11528 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That Karl DeAngelo guy is pretty good too!

#11529 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Common? Maybe for the best. I don’t think I’ve gotten over 3 in years of playing.

I've been able to get 5 fairly frequently in these past few weeks. 6 is my max. Have yet yo master fireball frenzy or the rescue multiball jewel. It's incredibly difficult, but rewarding. Granted its the only game I've really been playing since I got it.

#11530 3 years ago

Just found this sticker decal in the coin box of my YBR, anyone know where it’s supposed to be placed?

3E0B2075-4ED2-4F6A-B035-3F59FF4D42CC (resized).jpeg3E0B2075-4ED2-4F6A-B035-3F59FF4D42CC (resized).jpeg
#11531 3 years ago

I've been able to get 5 fairly frequently in these past few weeks. 6 is my max. Have yet yo master fireball frenzy or the rescue multiball jewel. It's incredibly difficult, but rewarding. Granted its the only game I've really been playing since I got it.

I get 3 consistently, the 50 YBR, the emerald city multiball and fireball frenzy. The other 4 are out of reach for me at this point unless I would have 30 balls.

#11532 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Just found this sticker decal in the coin box of my YBR, anyone know where it’s supposed to be placed?[quoted image]

Left apron

#11533 3 years ago

An easy question for the wizards here.

Sporadically (sometimes feels frequent, other times it's ages between occurrences), during a game, many of the PF lights will freeze on with some apparently random color.

This is always remedied by power cycling the machine. (I haven't found another method to get them to behave.)

I have a vague recollection of seeing posts about needing to fuss with(?) a set of cables (where they plug into the computer?).

ECLE SN 0196, very early run (first run?), 5V light boards w/ a couple 7.5V boards in there.

Thank you in advance for pointing me in the right direction!
-Jason

PS--This issue has been here & there for some time, but I melted the witch today (have done a handful of times, but certainly not frequently) & didn't get the full light show, so that was the last straw for me!

#11534 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I haven't found another method to get them to behave.

I'd convert it to the 2.0 light system.

#11535 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Sporadically (sometimes feels frequent, other times it's ages between occurrences), during a game, many of the PF lights will freeze on with some apparently random color.
This is always remedied by power cycling the machine. (I haven't found another method to get them to behave.)
I have a vague recollection of seeing posts about needing to fuss with(?) a set of cables (where they plug into the computer?).
ECLE SN 0196, very early run (first run?), 5V light boards w/ a couple 7.5V boards in there.
-Jason
PS--This issue has been here & there for some time, but I melted the witch today (have done a handful of times, but certainly not frequently) & didn't get the full light show, so that was the last straw for me!

Look in the manual for the diagram showing the light boards and how the data lines run from one to the other in series. Identify your last working board. Reseat all cables on that board and the next one downstream. If that doesn’t fix it, try bypassing either board by following the directions in the manual. One of those boards will very likely be faulty and need to be replaced.

It might be time to consider an upgrade to the 2.0 lighting system.

#11536 3 years ago

LTG , Nokoro

Thanks for the replies, but the request is to aid in finding the info about the trick to adjust a cable when a light board temporarily goes out.
I tried searching but failed.

(No need to bypass a bad board--there is no bad board--the locked lights are random & different every time, happen only occasionally, & all is well after a restart.)
(Can't go to 2.0 boards at this time.)

Thank you!
-Jason

#11537 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

-Jason

If its a loose wire problem resolved by moving the big black hose of wires,

Try replacing the big bundle of wal-nuts with lev-r-nuts.

Its a much more stable connection.

#11538 3 years ago

If its a loose wire problem resolved by moving the big black hose of wires,
Try replacing the big bundle of wal-nuts with lev-r-nuts.
Its a much more stable connection.

When they lock, observe the portion of the chain that is still cycling the lights correctly. At the point where the locking begins, there you will find your loose cable or bad or going bad board.

#11539 3 years ago

I would look on the computer side from the big black hose. Mine get stuck to the playfield sometimes when I lift it and it pulls the big connector

#11540 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

ltg , nokoro
Thanks for the replies, but the request is to aid in finding the info about the trick to adjust a cable when a light board temporarily goes out.
I tried searching but failed.
(No need to bypass a bad board--there is no bad board--the locked lights are random & different every time, happen only occasionally, & all is well after a restart.)
(Can't go to 2.0 boards at this time.)
Thank you!
-Jason

Hopefully, it is just a cable, but I had the exact same thing happen, and it was one of my boards starting to fail.

#11541 3 years ago

Probably a dump question but can the flying monkey mech be added to the YBR edition? Thanks.

#11542 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Probably a dump question but can the flying monkey mech be added to the YBR edition? Thanks.

No the software won't run it

#11543 3 years ago

I know there is a lot of opinions on this but thought I’d ask. I really like the YBR edition but really bummed it does not have the flying monkey mech. Has anyone else bought the YBR an regretted it? It’s just one mech but it is so cool and I think that is what people remember.

#11544 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I know there is a lot of opinions on this but thought I’d ask. I really like the YBR edition but really bummed it does not have the flying monkey mech. Has anyone else bought the YBR an regretted it? It’s just one mech but it is so cool and I think that is what people remember.

I have an ECLE - the monkey mech is really not that consequential IMO.

ECLE vs YBR is highly subjective.
YBR is likely to cost a bit more and give you a little less tweaking.
The benefits of YBR:

- All the best mods
- Sparkle
- Radcals
- Yellow color (subjective but I like it best)
- Light board system is already 2.0
- Computer system and cabinet are their latest and greatest
- Volume control on the front panel

#11545 3 years ago

I'm occasionally getting this image on my crystal ball. Any insight into why? Also installed cliffy's in this area and now the connector going to the crystal ball will work itself loose. Was this originally glued in place or are the connectors worn and loose allowing it to walk out?

Thanks for the insight!

20201128_172134 (resized).jpg20201128_172134 (resized).jpg
#11546 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I bought a NIB YBR back in May. I have always thought the Monkey Mech was awesome. It sucks that JJP decided to take it out but I understand why they did. I do feel that the sparkle playfield, yellow armor, wood apron, 2.0 board set, and shiny Radcals help but I do wish they kept it. From what I have been told is that it is one less headache to worry about but it is a cool mech.

Do I regret not buying a used WoZ that has one? No.

#11547 3 years ago

I'm occasionally getting this image on my crystal ball. Any insight into why? Also installed cliffy's in this area and now the connector going to the crystal ball will work itself loose. Was this originally glued in place or are the connectors worn and loose allowing it to walk out?
Thanks for the insight!
[quoted image]

Mine has done the same thing occasionally lately nothing knock on wood! I think if you unplug the cable plug it back in and then make sure it’s secure as long as the ball isn’t knocking it loose as it rolls by you should be OK although I know there are numerous posts on this! It could also be possibly a bad mini monitor? Or you may need a new SD card maybe try taking it out and reinserting that’s what has fixed mine...for now. I know LTG has offered some advice on this as well.

#11548 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I know LTG has offered some advice on this as well.

Reseat connector at motherboard and to crystal ball - be sure it is on tight there. Reseat the SD card behind the ball.

#11549 3 years ago

Thanks for the insight!
[quoted image]

Sometimes its just a "cold" boot.
Re-booting fixes it, might be a loose, dirty or marginal connection on the crystal ball. Thats where the video data is.

Hot glue the connector on.

#11550 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I did too recently after 3 years of ownership. Loved the warm white incandescent look when it happened.I don’t play it a real lot and haven’t cracked the mil yet.Just shy of 800k. 2800 plays there about since new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.