767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 306.
#11451 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

WAIT! WHAT? NIB RR. Did it have a twin!!!?? Talk about find of the year.
Was it the seller out of Az. I saw they had a NIB standard for sale and next to it I saw another NIB WOZ it looked like.

False alarm. The NIB RR had damage, so owner took back. But, he helped me out on other pins. Too bad, it really was a NIB RR. I found a nice RR from another Pinsider. No, it was from a gent in Atlanta, GA.

#11452 3 years ago

https://ebay.com/usr/super-shop-online
Thought I’d just share with the group, found these awhile back, this company has just about everything character from almost any movie and or band. They are thick cardboard stand ups and or wall mounts. Makes for a great addition in my humble opinion.

0E64DC32-8E98-4C1C-8B9B-8B8BF93378E3 (resized).jpeg0E64DC32-8E98-4C1C-8B9B-8B8BF93378E3 (resized).jpeg
#11453 3 years ago

Hi, I am wondering if anyone as ever done a beskope decalc to hide the black trapeze between the 2 rails of the flying monkey? Something that would match both side of the backboard decalc ( dark forest, stormy sky, flying monkeys and so on ). Or maybe the monkey would eventually torn/scrap the decalc?
Cheers Étienne

#11454 3 years ago

A little issue...my RR won’t power on, checked fuse at power switch and all good there it looks. Power supply outlet works. I have a newer run of the ruby red so it has the newer back box. Pretty sure this was from a fast power on power off in fact it did get plugged in without it being shut off and then plugged in too quickly. Is there a reset button I need to look for anywhere? I’ve seen some threads about this but it looks like it just relates to the older versions.

F6033553-5780-4BF6-8B81-2F0099525030 (resized).jpegF6033553-5780-4BF6-8B81-2F0099525030 (resized).jpeg
#11455 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

A little issue...my RR won’t power on, checked fuse at power switch and all good there it looks. Power supply outlet works. I have a newer run of the ruby red so it has the newer back box. Pretty sure this was from a fast power on power off in fact it did get plugged in without it being shut off and then plugged in too quickly. Is there a reset button I need to look for anywhere? I’ve seen some threads about this but it looks like it just relates to the older versions.
[quoted image]

Jump start it:

#11456 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Jump start it:

And it’s the paper clip for the win thanks for that!

#11457 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

And it’s the paper clip for the win thanks for that!

That is what happens when the power is cut to the pin prior to it completely booting up.

#11458 3 years ago

SO I am looking at maybe getting one of these. Is there any common problems or things I want to look out for? Will be getting a regular one and not the LE version.

Any cool mods I can tell by looking? Things that break easy that may not go noticed unless looked for?

thanks in advance.

#11459 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

SO I am looking at maybe getting one of these. Is there any common problems or things I want to look out for? Will be getting a regular one and not the LE version.
Any cool mods I can tell by looking? Things that break easy that may not go noticed unless looked for?
thanks in advance.

IMO, you want to have 2.0 boards or risk of them going bad in the future. The complaint with these 2.0 boards is that the GI isnt as bright as other boards.

#11460 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

IMO, you want to have 2.0 boards or risk of them going bad in the future. The complaint with these 2.0 boards is that the GI isnt as bright as other boards.

Not to argue the point but I have setup a 2.0 and a regular LED woz at the factory years ago and people couldn't tell which was which. That said, there are some on here who are adamant that the 2.0 LEDs are dimmer so YMMV.

#11461 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Not to argue the point but I have setup a 2.0 and a regular LED woz at the factory years ago and people couldn't tell which was which. That said, there are some on here who are adamant that the 2.0 LEDs are dimmer so YMMV.

Oh interesting. I have no experience with other boards as mine came with the 2.0. Ive seen a video here and there comparing and people complaining about the brightness, so thats all I am going off of..

#11462 3 years ago

You can increase the brightness of the LEDs in settings. I found when I put 2.0 on the max setting, it was no different than the old version 1 boards. Some people say the GI is a bit dimmer though. I haven’t noticed all that much but GI is just dim on WOZ in general.

#11463 3 years ago

what is a fair price for these these days? not enough for sale to rally gauge as they are all over.

#11464 3 years ago

what is a fair price for these these days? not enough for sale to rally gauge as they are all over.

Varies based on which model and which light board version. I would say prices seem to have ticked up a bit across the board.

#11465 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You can increase the brightness of the LEDs in settings. I found when I put 2.0 on the max setting, it was no different than the old version 1 boards. Some people say the GI is a bit dimmer though. I haven’t noticed all that much but GI is just dim on WOZ in general.

Are you sure? I thought the LED settings were for inserts only? Those I dont need any brighter.

#11466 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Varies based on which model and which light board version. I would say prices seem to have ticked up a bit across the board.

Yeah, finding a RR for much less than retail seems to be really hard to do with a few exceptions like the routed one that is posted on here for $7500. There is a HUO YBR posted for about $9500 which is the lowest I think I've seen that model listed for as well.

#11467 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Are you sure? I thought the LED settings were for inserts only? Those I dont need any brighter.

Sorry. I think you might be right. I misread your post.

Yes, the inserts are definitely just as bright, especially if you up them in the settings. The GI might be a different story, but it never bothered me, and you can always add some spotlights to brighten things up.

#11468 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Sorry. I think you might be right. I misread your post.
Yes, the inserts are definitely just as bright, especially if you up them in the settings. The GI might be a different story, but it never bothered me, and you can always add some spotlights to brighten things up.

Not a problem... It never bothers me either. I assume maybe it would if I had the old boards in that were brighter, then put new ones in and noticed the difference.

#11469 3 years ago

thanks in advance.

Get it that’s all I can say! I think the lighting thing is overblown anyway I purchased from a second owner w 7.5s I had one issue that was present when I bought it the NB in rainbow stayed red .I purchased a complete backup set for 250 just for piece of mind and they’re still in the box after testing them. As far as mods go I don’t think there’s another game with more options .Buy it and make it your own and a side note like someone just said they’ve been ticking up in value as the last RRs NIB I seen for 10.5k-11k .As time goes on I doubt you will see a loaded widebody like this again so I’d imagine the value is at its lowest point right now .Just my 2 cents of course .

#11470 3 years ago

Wow. Had the game of the year(for me!) last night even though I missed the opportunity to melt the witch twice in the game (almost got a third chance). I have melted her before.

Anyway blew my previous GC score by more than double. 2.7M game. 5 jewels. I can see getting to "Over the Rainbow" at some point. Before last night I thought it impossible.

Been having a good week. Destroyed (more than doubled) by GC scores on JPLE, MMrRE, and WOZ.

#11471 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wow. Had the game of the year(for me!) last night even though I missed the opportunity to melt the witch twice in the game (almost got a third chance). I have melted her before.
Anyway blew my previous GC score by more than double. 2.7M game. 5 jewels. I can see getting to "Over the Rainbow" at some point. Before last night I thought it impossible.
Been having a good week. Destroyed (more than doubled) by GC scores on JPLE, MMrRE, and WOZ.

Nice score! I just melted the witch last week for the first time. Incredible feeling. I feel the same way about reaching SOTR, it is possible. Im trying to focus on some of the harder to achieve tasks (for me) such as munchkin multiball and 50 loops on the yellow brick road ect. Love this game.

#11472 3 years ago

what are the quickest steps to melt the witch, and how do you know it was melt in previous games ? Is there a specific GC on that ?

#11473 3 years ago

in the middle of the monitor is a circle with four large gems and 8 small gems. Light the four large gems then hit the witch to start Witch Melt Mode.
The four large gems are for Fireball Frenzy, Rescue Multiball, Emerald City Multiball and a Munchkin mode. You just have to start each mode once to light a gem.
When you start the Witch Melt Mode you have to turn all of the white arrows red by shooting the shots, a total of 4 shots. First time through, any of the shots will do, after that you need to shoot the individual shots. These shots are Crystal Ball, Throne Room, Right & Left Orbit. Then shoot the castle, ball will stay in the hole for a short time while you shoot the ramp and then when the ball falls through the hole from the munchkin playfield to the upper right flipper you nail the witch.
Nothing to it.
If all goes well you will end up with a melted witch and a huge adrenaline rush.

#11474 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

in the middle of the monitor is a circle with four large gems and 8 small gems. Light the four large gems then hit the witch to start Witch Melt Mode.
The four large gems are for Fireball Frenzy, Rescue Multiball, Emerald City Multiball and a Munchkin mode. You just have to start each mode once to light a gem.
When you start the Witch Melt Mode you have to turn all of the white arrows red by shooting the shots, a total of 4 shots. First time through, any of the shots will do, after that you need to shoot the individual shots. These shots are Crystal Ball, Throne Room, Right & Left Orbit. Then shoot the castle, ball will stay in the hole for a short time while you shoot the ramp and then when the ball falls through the hole from the munchkin playfield to the upper right flipper you nail the witch.
Nothing to it.
If all goes well you will end up with a melted witch and a huge adrenaline rush.

And a Melt the Witch Multiball!!

#11475 3 years ago

Sounds fun

#11476 3 years ago

It is a blast

#11477 3 years ago

It's an incredible feeling! The multi-ball is badass as well. Hopefully as I complete it a few more times my nerves won't be as shot and I can keep making my way over the rainbow. It also does track on your game audits how many times you've fought and beaten the witch. I have fought 25 times (me and the household) and won only once so far.

#11478 3 years ago

For now, I try to solve my led board issues.
It's related to cables that are failing one after the other.
I didn't manage to find the exact replacement for now, except in the official store.
Would like to get a better connector as these one are crap..

#11479 3 years ago

Has anyone successfully loaded a custom image in the utilities?

I have a FAT32 formatted USB stick. I have images in both PNG and JPG formats, under 2MB, in the pinballimages/ folder and..... nothing. I go to the load custom graphic and they don't show up. I followed the manual instructions exactly.

#11480 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have a FAT32 formatted USB stick. I have images in both PNG and JPG formats, under 2MB, in the pinballimages/ folder and..... nothing. I go to the load custom graphic and they don't show up. I followed the manual instructions exactly.

I have a custom image on mine but it's been so long ago that I don't remember the actual size, file format, etc. I used.

#11481 3 years ago

Mine works as a png. The file size on my picture is 1.98 MB
I know the picture can't be too tall or wide. You have to play with the dimensions.
950 width pixels
1311 height pixels

#11482 3 years ago

height 1311 pixels

#11483 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Files need to be on a USB stick in a root /pinballimages directory. The game will provide a browser to select which one you want.
- JPG and PNG files are supported. Size limit is 2MB.

Maybe try a different USB stick ?

LTG : )

#11484 3 years ago

Custom image for what exactly?

#11485 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Well it’s in the menu. I was curious to see where/how it would show it in the attract mode. I gave up. Can’t get any picture to show up from the usb drive. Tried a dozen files, sizes, jpg, png, vertical pics, horizontal pics, 3 different usb sticks, FAT, FAT32, NTFS, nothing works for me.

I know the internal usb cable is good because I updated the software some months ago. The light on the usb stick lights up when it’s read. Nothing comes up.

#11486 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well it’s in the menu. I was curious to see where/how it would show it in the attract mode. I gave up. Can’t get any picture to show up from the usb drive. Tried a dozen files, sizes, jpg, png, vertical pics, horizontal pics, 3 different usb sticks, FAT, FAT32, NTFS, nothing works for me.
I know the internal usb cable is good because I updated the software some months ago. The light on the usb stick lights up when it’s read. Nothing comes up.

Takes several cycles of attract mode to show IIRC

#11487 3 years ago

This!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11488 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This!
[quoted image]

Still makes me think of NY everytime I see that logo.

#11489 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Still makes me think of NY everytime I see that logo.

Even with the iconic Pinball Y'all water tower on top? Blasphemy!!

#11490 3 years ago

You can put on picture on each JJP game.

#11491 3 years ago

I’m having a helluva time trying to adjust the Winnie drop target switch on my YBR. Currently when you hit it only once it will go down and stay down for the entire ball. Next ball it will pop back up and fire off 5 times in a row before stopping. Any ideas will be helpful.

965A880A-E937-4EA7-A96A-337698286E3E (resized).jpeg965A880A-E937-4EA7-A96A-337698286E3E (resized).jpeg
#11492 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Any ideas will be helpful.

Here are a couple pictures that may help. The tab on the drop target pushes the arm of the switch closed. And releases it open when it goes back up. You can test in Tests - Switches - Matrixed.

To adjust you can loosen the screws a tiny bit and rotate the switch body up od down as needed. ( your screw in the slotted hole, is it tight ? ) then tighten the screws. Not to much as you'll bind the switch.

Be sure it is assembled right. And the flat metal arm not bent up and effecting the part that shoves the tiny knob into the switch body.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPG
#11493 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Get it that’s all I can say! I think the lighting thing is overblown anyway I purchased from a second owner w 7.5s I had one issue that was present when I bought it the NB in rainbow stayed red .I purchased a complete backup set for 250 just for piece of mind and they’re still in the box after testing them. As far as mods go I don’t think there’s another game with more options .Buy it and make it your own and a side note like someone just said they’ve been ticking up in value as the last RRs NIB I seen for 10.5k-11k .As time goes on I doubt you will see a loaded widebody like this again so I’d imagine the value is at its lowest point right now .Just my 2 cents of course .

Your 2 cents worth is right on IMHO. Have owned my game 3+ years. I too purchased a complete backup board set (unfortunately for $400) for peace of mind about a year and a half ago and haven't had to touch them. Such an awesome game all around that can be cosmetically tailored to your liking in many ways.

#11494 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can put on picture on each JJP game.

Interesting, thanks for clarifying. Does that replace the entire attract mode or add an image somewhere in the attract sequence?

#11495 3 years ago

Does that replace the entire attract mode or add an image somewhere in the attract sequence?

Just adds an image. Comes up occasionally in attract mode or in attract mode scroll through with the flipper buttons to see all the various screens.

#11496 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased this by chance yet?
It’s made by “shapeways”.
Built for jjp woz. Looks amazing!

72567682-81D0-4DA8-B44F-8A7B0FF968EF (resized).png72567682-81D0-4DA8-B44F-8A7B0FF968EF (resized).png
#11497 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinforlife:

Has anyone purchased this by chance yet?
It’s made by “shapeways”.
Built for jjp woz. Looks amazing!
[quoted image]

I believe they are unpainted from Shapeways...

#11499 3 years ago

Thank you both very much! I was worried if these were actually real or not. Really appreciate the info.

#11500 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here are a couple pictures that may help. The tab on the drop target pushes the arm of the switch closed. And releases it open when it goes back up. You can test in Tests - Switches - Matrixed.
To adjust you can loosen the screws a tiny bit and rotate the switch body up od down as needed. ( your screw in the slotted hole, is it tight ? ) then tighten the screws. Not to much as you'll bind the switch.
Be sure it is assembled right. And the flat metal arm not bent up and effecting the part that shoves the tiny knob into the switch body.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That was a big help! Got it working! THANKS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/230?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.