New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 87617)

WOZ Fan Club - members only

By TigerLaw

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,550 posts
  • 584 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by chalkup8
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,574 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201128_172134 (resized).jpg
3E0B2075-4ED2-4F6A-B035-3F59FF4D42CC (resized).jpeg
BB721860-F2EB-4BAB-B2A8-3C099FC17E28 (resized).jpeg
0AB972F6-1DCC-419E-B3F1-E7E9C2697F91 (resized).jpeg
DSC00404 (resized).JPG
DSC00403 (resized).JPG
72567682-81D0-4DA8-B44F-8A7B0FF968EF (resized).png
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
965A880A-E937-4EA7-A96A-337698286E3E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
F6033553-5780-4BF6-8B81-2F0099525030 (resized).jpeg
0E64DC32-8E98-4C1C-8B9B-8B8BF93378E3 (resized).jpeg
a0f6cd6b47c51df14b75efb9c0dbe3eac6fd3c84 (resized).jpg
A45F5768-2A56-4661-B7D7-5B3A47FD2A37 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Old GI Single RGB LED bd revisions (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11550 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 231.
#11351 41 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Person taking the picture has skinny legs ?
LTG : )

that’s funny

#11352 41 days ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Noticed anything odd in this picture?
[quoted image]

Yes he got a RR with a missing topper so JJP sent him a new RR with the topper.

I just love JJP !

#11353 41 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Person taking the picture has skinny legs ?

This was my first thought! One is missing a topper.

#11354 41 days ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

Is it the evolution of the backbox size or the 2 WOZ 75th?!?!?! I'd like one of those please, thanks.

#11355 41 days ago

Boy, you guys have a "Woz" (way) with great humor.

I especially like JJP sent me another RR since the first one didn't have topper. That's what I call great customer service.

The one one the left was DOA, even though it was a NIB. So, the one on the right, I just purchased. It's perfect. The other one will be gone by next Saturday.

#11356 41 days ago

Hi,
My woz 7.5v 1.1 is not happy with the crash test of having 8 kids at home.
Leds are going wild..
I've seen that twisting or moving cables under the playfield on the middle right part did solve temporarily the issue but any vibration bring the issue back.

Is there any guide to troubleshiit this led issue? To try to find the culprit connector or wire?
Otherwise, the game play perfectly well..
Thanks a lot.

#11357 40 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
Leds are going wild..
I've seen that twisting or moving cables under the playfield on the middle right part did solve temporarily the issue but any vibration bring the issue back.
Is there any guide to troubleshiit this led issue? To try to find the culprit connector or wire?
Thanks a lot.

Paye ton 2.0

More seriously, tell us more about what's going on. Are they all working but behaving weirdly ?

#11358 40 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

To try to find the culprit connector or wire?

I'd go over power connectors to each LED board first. Loose connector or loose wire in a connector.

#11359 40 days ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

The ECLE and YBR versions are missing.

#11360 40 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
Leds are going wild..
Thanks a lot.

Trace the lighting harness back to the cluster of push-in wire connectors. Wiggle there. If that triggers/solves the issue, replace all of the push-in connectors with something better. JJP used quick connectors with stranded wire that were only rated for solid wire. Stranded wire eventually fails in these connectors, causing the exact issue you are describing. (Don’t ask me how I know).

#11361 39 days ago

On Mr Pinball today there's a ECLE for sale at 7k. No affiliation with seller just figured for 7k someone might want it!

Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition., 2013 Jersey Jack: $7000 This pinball machine has 260 plays and still looks perfect.
Dallas, Texas 75243

#11362 39 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

On Mr Pinball today there's a ECLE for sale at 7k. No affiliation with seller just figured for 7k someone might want it!
Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition., 2013 Jersey Jack: $7000 This pinball machine has 260 plays and still looks perfect.
Dallas, Texas 75243

At that price I'd worry about a scam.

#11363 39 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

At that price I'd worry about a scam.

Yeah but that's what I paid for mine 4 months ago so it something not too far out there! On MR. Pinball he provides his number, I didn't want to publish it here, so anyone can call him and look into it!

Again, I have no affiliation with the seller but figured it's worth looking into for 7k.

#11364 39 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Trace the lighting harness back to the cluster of push-in wire connectors. Wiggle there. If that triggers/solves the issue, replace all of the push-in connectors with something better. JJP used quick connectors with stranded wire that were only rated for solid wire. Stranded wire eventually fails in these connectors, causing the exact issue you are describing. (Don’t ask me how I know).

thanks, that's indeed my current plan. any ref for updated connector that may be great sized ?

#11365 39 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I agree.

That giant cluster of wal-nuts is really dumb.

The lighting fails every time you move the big black hose lol.

Replace them all with lever nuts.

#11366 39 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but that's what I paid for mine 4 months ago so it something not too far out there! On MR. Pinball he provides his number, I didn't want to publish it here, so anyone can call him and look into it!
Again, I have no affiliation with the seller but figured it's worth looking into for 7k.

To further thus discussion just a little. It's just so difficult to tell if you're dealing with a matchstick type scenario. There's a Ruby Red on there also for 7000 from a little while back that is a scam confirmed and the ad is extremely convincing as a legit listing. Sure the price is a tad low but condition always warrants asking price and 7000 isn't out of the ballpark. There was a 75th here last week for 7700 in PA that I tried for but missed out on and I was after that one within minutes of the posting. I sent a pm and received no response. Watched it all day and sent another desperation pm 8 hours later. Sold. Seller finally responded but I'm sure a local with cash snatched it right up and my lack of long term activity on pinside (even though I've lurked for years before finally joining) assisted his initial non response.
Point is it's just so dang difficult to tell unless you're local and put eyes on or know the person.
I wouldn't consider buying a pin unless that person was on this site with pedigree of some sort and pictures for sure along with an extensive description. Then you hope you get the real deal. The only other option is NIB or used from the big boys like I was forced to do coming back in a few years ago. You pay the premium for used and since I don't plan on selling my pins I need to nail my final 2 selections. I have 3 currently.
I myself am looking for a 75th WOZ and/or a mint TSPP. There's a decent TSPP in Clinton Md. I'm just curious why it still hasn't sold even though it's loaded to the max. Maybe my paranoia, maybe I'm holding hope for that 75th WOZ sweet deal to pop up or maybe my 20 year Navy radar is dialed in a little too tight.
Point is we are all a little gun-shy I think because it's not our parents world anymore.(I'm 54 for era reference)
Stinks we have to be so skeptical but it's reality and vigilance is key to longevity in my world past and present.

#11367 39 days ago

Is it possible to convert the spinner to an opto switch?

Has anyone done it? I think it would be an improvement to have less friction for lighter shots to get through.

#11368 39 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is it possible to convert the spinner to an opto switch?
Has anyone done it? I think it would be an improvement to have less friction for lighter shots to get through.

A drop of super-lube silicone oil on the spinner is all you need.

The stuff is amazing.

#11369 39 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

A drop of super-lube silicone oil on the spinner is all you need.
The stuff is amazing.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

#11370 39 days ago

Speaking of spinner, does anyone get rejects from that shot? Sometimes, I'll make that shot really fast and it rejects out. I've looked at the rail and the lane, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would cause it.

#11371 39 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Speaking of spinner, does anyone get rejects from that shot? Sometimes, I'll make that shot really fast and it rejects out. I've looked at the rail and the lane, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would cause it.

All the time! Sometimes it seems like it goes up towards the pops only to reject back out and usually SDTM. Very frustrating when that happens.

#11372 39 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah... often. When two balls are on the left flipper, you can back hand it all day long 100%. But from the right flipper, I'd say I have about a 70% chance of it going in on a clean shot.

#11373 39 days ago

How exactly are the spins from the spinner incorporated into the rules of the game?

If the spins don't advance progress toward something, they aren't worth the increased difficulty in making the shot.

#11374 38 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

All the time, it doesn't bother me too much except during melt the witch when I finally manage to hit that shot and the ball comes back !

#11375 38 days ago

Ok. Thanks for the replies. Just making sure mine wasn't misadjusted or anything like that. I'd like to see if I can get a slo-mo video of it happening to see what's going on there.

#11376 38 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Yeah... often. When two balls are on the left flipper, you can back hand it all day long 100%. But from the right flipper, I'd say I have about a 70% chance of it going in on a clean shot.

Try back handing it three times in a row without hitting any other switches and see what happens.

#11377 38 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ok. Thanks for the replies. Just making sure mine wasn't misadjusted or anything like that. I'd like to see if I can get a slo-mo video of it happening to see what's going on there.

From what I've seen it happens when I hit it hard from the right flipper, it bounces on the rail and come back through the spinner

#11378 38 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

From what I've seen it happens when I hit it hard from the right flipper, it bounces on the rail and come back through the spinner

That's what feels like happens to me too. A slow-mo video would be able to tell us for sure.

#11379 38 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's what feels like happens to me too. A slow-mo video would be able to tell us for sure.

I bent the flatrail a little to soften the arc slightly.

I also lowered the flipper bats angle 1/16", this helped a lot on my game. Makes the throne room more accessable.

Some experimentation was needed on my part to get it right.

Still it rejects once in awhile, but its a lot better.

#11380 38 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I bent the flatrail a little to soften the arc slightly.
I also lowered the flipper bats angle 1/16", this helped a lot on my game. Makes the throne room more accessable.
Some experimentation was needed on my part to get it right.
Still it rejects once in awhile, but its a lot better.

So you bent the rail outward? Kind of what I was thinking.

#11381 38 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So you bent the rail outward? Kind of what I was thinking.

Yeah, the bend appears to be a little sharp. Opening it up and creating a little more graceful curve helps a lot.

#11382 38 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Try back handing it three times in a row without hitting any other switches and see what happens.

I'm aware of what happens. I actually successfully hit it three times by not cheating, but got punished for it.

#11383 37 days ago

I would appreciate a little help troubleshooting an issue I'm having.

For a couple of weeks, sound was dropping down to very faint especially losing the higher pitches (witch's scream at beginning, vocal callouts, but with music less subdued, but quieter). A reboot or jostling the machine would work. I thought it might be speaker cables, so I fiddled with those and a couple of times thought that maybe fixed it.

Last couple of weeks, issue is now always there. I again tried speaker cable fiddling to no avail. Thought it might be a bad cable, so bought a replacement, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions on steps I should do to try to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

#11384 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

For a couple of weeks, sound was dropping down to very faint especially losing the higher pitches (witch's scream at beginning, vocal callouts, but with music less subdued, but quieter). A reboot or jostling the machine would work. I thought it might be speaker cables, so I fiddled with those and a couple of times thought that maybe fixed it.
Last couple of weeks, issue is not always there. I again tried speaker cable fiddling to no avail. Thought it might be a bad cable, so bought a replacement, but that doesn't work.
Thanks in advance.

Yes sir. Here's what you do. There is a ground loop isolator (noise filter) most likely installed between your sound board input (pink jack) and the motherboard output (male mike cable 3.5mm from green PC jack on motherboard). Bypass that, plug directly into pink jack. Fixed? But noisy? Replace ground loop isolator. IF NOT the isolator then what you do is take the male mic cable going into the pink jack and pull it out JUST a tiny bit to the point immediately before it is all the way clicked into the jack. This shifts the weight balance on the 3-legs of the jack. The connector will stay there perfectly with no help at that spot and if they were not before your problems will be gone. PM me if you need more.

#11385 37 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes sir. Here's what you do. There is a ground loop isolator (noise filter) most likely installed between your sound board input (pink jack) and the motherboard output (male mike cable 3.5mm from green PC jack on motherboard). Bypass that, plug directly into pink jack. Fixed? But noisy? Replace ground loop isolator.

There might be two of these in your game. One on the back wall and one inside the big metal box with all the boards.

You can swap them to isolate if one is bad.

amazon.com link »

#11386 37 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

There might be two of these in your game. One on the back wall and one inside the big metal box with all the boards.
You can swap them to isolate if one is bad.
amazon.com link »

Kick the tires and light the fires Big Daddy!

#11387 37 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Kick the tires and light the fires Big Daddy!

Why we are on this particular mission, we'll never know. But I do know, here today, that the JJP Tech Knights will emerge victorious once again.

#11388 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Last couple of weeks, issue is now always there. I again tried speaker cable fiddling to no avail. Thought it might be a bad cable, so bought a replacement, but that doesn't work.
Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem and the fix was to adjust the RCA cables going into the PC box.

#11389 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem and the fix was adjusting the RCA cables that connect to the PC box.

#11390 37 days ago

Thank you pinballomatic and LTG for your help. Your troubleshooting helped me to get it fixed. Much appreciated! Nice to have my game back

#11391 37 days ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Thank you pinballomatic and LTG for your help. Your troubleshooting helped me to get it fixed. Much appreciated! Nice to have my game back

That's what Lloyd is here for... me not so much...

#11392 36 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

thanks, that's indeed my current plan. any ref for updated connector that may be great sized ?

ok, so I've found the board and connectors that are creating the issue.
It's a small board #1 that brings light below the rainbow playfield.
When i pull strongly both cables, the lights are perfectly working, so I think I'd need to change these 2 connectors and the plugs.
What would be the references for these ones ??

Thanks

#11393 36 days ago

I'm looking to mod my witch. What's the best castle wall/witch mod and where to get it?

Any other MUST HAVE RR WOZ mods?

thanks

#11394 36 days ago

Did the crystal ball connector come with clear silicone holding it onto the ball computer board or was this a fix by the previous owner? My ball wiring connector keeps moving slightly causing the CB to not work. Suggestions?

#11395 36 days ago
Quoted from d0n:

Did the crystal ball connector come with clear silicone holding it onto the ball computer board or was this a fix by the previous owner? My ball wiring connector keeps moving slightly causing the CB to not work. Suggestions?

Hot glue from the factory because the vibration may cause it to slide back or fall off in shipping. Glue dries out over time and the connector can still get loose. Make sure it is tight.

#11396 36 days ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm looking to mod my witch. What's the best castle wall/witch mod and where to get it?
Any other MUST HAVE RR WOZ mods?
thanks

Lior’s OZ lanes mod
Steve G’s monkey mod - no longer being made
Steve G’s witch 2.0 mod - list full
Steve G’s witch 1.0 mod - no longer in production, but owners are starting to sell due to buying witch 2.0 mod

There are other mods that people will mention and I do not own.

#11397 36 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

ok, so I've found the board and connectors that are creating the issue.
It's a small board #1 that brings light below the rainbow playfield.
When i pull strongly both cables, the lights are perfectly working, so I think I'd need to change these 2 connectors and the plugs.
What would be the references for these ones ??
[quoted image]
Thanks

check the pins on the circuit board, maybe reheat them with a little flux.
cracked pins do this a lot.

#11398 36 days ago

I've already resoldered the pins to dig out this point. Seems more an issue of cable pins..
I don't want to solder directly wires on the board

#11399 35 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Dallas, Texas 75243

Well it looks like seller heard his price was too low.

Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition., 2013 Jersey Jack: $8000
This pinball machine has 260 plays and still looks perfect.
Eric
Dallas, Texas 75243

#11400 35 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Well it looks like seller heard his price was too low.
Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition., 2013 Jersey Jack: $8000
This pinball machine has 260 plays and still looks perfect.
Eric
Dallas, Texas 75243

Or they are upping the scam legitimacy. Pinside lurker purhaps.
Makes me think the seller is aware of pinside or a member/lurker maybe? If so, wouldn't it make sense to post up here and increase your chances dramatically. Regardless, it still has my radar up. If I had a machine for sale this is my first stop. If you are involved in pinball in any consistent way you've most likely heard of pinside at some point. I mean they know about Mr. Pinball so....
There's another listing here with one in New York. I pm'd seller first day of ad and asked them to post pictures because in the listing they stated they would. Heard nothing back and there's still no photos and it's been a fair amount of time. Immediately I think its a scam. True or not post something up and don't respond to inquiries or follow through with your intent to post pictures, updates or whatever and I'll never call or contact you again. Perception is reality in my world.
I'm looking specifically for a 75th RR in the Northeast so these are out of my range and model.
Have a good weekend pinball peoples.
r/
Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 11550 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 231.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside