Topic Stats

• 11,290 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by LukyDuck
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,542 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200917_183253 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200917_183258 (resized).jpg
20200914_193153 (resized).jpg
2F9EEF97-7EFA-435C-92A6-AE952154EB17 (resized).jpeg
FC0DDF7D-B0EB-4EAB-9E07-B18D8667C29A (resized).jpeg
0AB094B3-7055-4F4F-BA6A-CEB4D98C92A8 (resized).jpeg
20200907_105145 (resized).jpg
20200907_104852 (resized).jpg
IMG_2630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2628 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2615 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11290 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 226.
#11251 4 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Nice job !!! Looks great

Much appreciated! Thank ya Kkoss24

#11252 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinforlife:

Completed a slight mod, bad thing is emerald city gets covered more... if your interested it’s cheap to do. Little rolled cotton and a lighter to smooth the fuzz and add contour. Definitely adds another layer imho lol.
[quoted image]

How much for this mod, thinking at least 50$, and will you have a LE version?

#11253 3 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

How much for this mod, thinking at least 50$, and will you have a LE version?

Honestly hadn’t thought of making to sell. More was just sharing with the group.

#11254 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinforlife:

Loose pillow cotton, roll between hands to slightly form. Just overlap the base and twist around and slightly tuck and hold while using a lighter to melt fibers together. Hot glue would work as well.

Looks great!

#11255 3 days ago

I'm looking at purchasing a Ruby Red in my area and when playing tonight the ball struggled getting up the crystal ball lane. It will shoot half way up and then fall back down. This happens two or three times before having enough power to move onward. This issue happened each time the ball landed in that area. Any ideas on cause or if an easy fix?

Also game has a center post beneath flippers, is this a standard on this game as it doesn't appear added afterwards.

Appreciate any insight you can provide!

#11256 3 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

I'm looking at purchasing a Ruby Red in my area and when playing tonight the ball struggled getting up the crystal ball lane. It will shoot half way up and then fall back down. This happens two or three times before having enough power to move onward. This issue happened each time the ball landed in that area. Any ideas on cause or if an easy fix?
Also game has a center post beneath flippers, is this a standard on this game as it doesn't appear added afterwards.
Appreciate any insight you can provide!

Center post is standard on WOZ.

The coil power to make the crystal ball VUK is easily adjustable in software. I wouldn't give it a second thought! (I actually turned mine DOWN so the ball wouldn't go flying off the wireform.)

#11257 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The coil power to make the crystal ball VUK is easily adjustable in software. I wouldn't give it a second thought! (I actually turned mine DOWN so the ball wouldn't go flying off the wireform.)

I was hoping those were my answers!! Appreciate the quick response. Looks like I'm getting a WOZ then!

#11258 3 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

I was hoping those were my answers!! Appreciate the quick response. Looks like I'm getting a WOZ then!

You won’t regret it !!

#11259 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I turned mine down. I turn most of mine down just enough to get where it needs to go. I never feel the need to have the ball flying through ramps at higher powers.

#11260 2 days ago

Decided on not being that fond of the gap between roofline on Muchkin homes. I believe we all have serious mental issues and that’s alright in my book lmao. Now the question, does anyone know if brand/makeup of pinballs used can cause sensor issues ? Every once in awhile search mode kicks in....

2F9EEF97-7EFA-435C-92A6-AE952154EB17 (resized).jpegFC0DDF7D-B0EB-4EAB-9E07-B18D8667C29A (resized).jpeg
#11261 2 days ago

It looks like you put Trump's hair on those huts.

Be patient; I think gouveia has something wonderful cooked up in that super-creative brain of his to deal with the munchkin huts. Should be coming down the pike sometime this decade.

#11262 2 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It looks like you put Trump's hair on those huts.
Be patient; I think gouveia has something wonderful cooked up in that super-creative brain of his to deal with the munchkin huts. Should be coming down the pike sometime this decade.

Yeah.... sadly I’ll have to agree. Definitely needs more cow bell too lol. Pretty sure I’m just gonna build something from the ground up.

#11263 2 days ago
Quoted from Pinforlife:

Decided on not being that fond of the gap between roofline on Muchkin homes. I believe we all have serious mental issues and that’s alright in my book lmao. Now the question, does anyone know if brand/makeup of pinballs used can cause sensor issues ? Every once in awhile search mode kicks in....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Super shiny (higher chrome content) balls can get magnetized pretty quickly in WOZ and then they will stick together in the trough, not roll down properly and this can lead to random ball searches and other undesirable behavior. There are shims you can put in the trough to help mitigate this but the best bet is you take all of them out of the game, put them next to each other on a flat surface and see if they stick together when you move one. If they do replace them with standard carbon steel balls.

#11264 2 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Super shiny (higher chrome content) balls can get magnetized pretty quickly in WOZ and then they will stick together in the trough, not roll down properly and this can lead to random ball searches and other undesirable behavior. There are shims you can put in the trough to help mitigate this but the best bet is you take all of them out of the game, put them next to each other on a flat surface and see if they stick together when you move one. If they do replace them with standard carbon steel balls.

THANK YOU!! I will be giving these a try! Apologize if this is an issue, still figuring the sight out. Thanks again

#11265 2 days ago

Would like some input please. In the attached picture there is pooling under "There's no place like home" in the left bottom corner. Would this cause any hesitation on your part as a buyer? This is the only thing wrong I've seen on the entire game. Going to look at it shortly for purchase. Appreciate any input!!

20200914_193153 (resized).jpg
#11266 2 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

Would like some input please. In the attached picture there is pooling under "There's no place like home" in the left bottom corner. Would this cause any hesitation on your part as a buyer? This is the only thing wrong I've seen on the entire game. Going to look at it shortly for purchase. Appreciate any input!!
[quoted image]

Hard to tell the severity of the pooling from your picture. The pooling could lead to chipping. Would need better picture of the pooling to determine but the obvious factor is ..... is the seller's asking price reflect the pooling?

#11267 2 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hard to tell the severity of the pooling from your picture. The pooling could lead to chipping. Would need better picture of the pooling to determine but the obvious factor is ..... is the seller's asking price reflect the pooling?

He wasn't aware of it until I pointed it out. We haven't discussed a discount because of it. Im concerned of potential resale value if i ever need to part with it.

#11268 1 day ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

[quoted image]

Are you talking about under the word “There’s”?

You sure that’s not some weird reflection or artifact in the picture?

#11269 1 day ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

[quoted image]

I have the same type of "artifact/pooling" if that's what you call it in that location as well. I put down a piece of mylar which everyone should do anyway to protect the beating that part of the playfield gets. The other important place for mylar is around the tree pops.

#11270 1 day ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Are you talking about under the word “There’s”?
You sure that’s not some weird reflection or artifact in the picture?

Its a small bubble under that word. It won't affect gameplay I believe just wanted some confirmation before proceeding. Appreciate your input and will comb this thread to get caught up.

Im officially in the club gentleman!

#11271 1 day ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

[quoted image]

Are you sure it is not mylar?

#11272 1 day ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I'm not sure of anything. We got it home pretty late last night, so will get the glass of and take better pictures/investigate when I get home. If it doesn't come with mylar in that area than I wouldn't think it would be. The guy I bought it from has never done any maintenance or adjustments to any of his machines and it's been in his basement since purchase.

#11273 1 day ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

Im officially in the club gentleman!

Congrats! Great game!

#11274 1 day ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is the mylar!! Awesome turn of events @

#11275 17 hours ago

I greased my monkey & witch the other day (preventatively--they were behaving, & they're whisper quiet now), when I noticed that the "CAPTURE DOROTHY" light at the back panel was swung way out of position, so that it wasn't shining through the insert.

I've often struggled to determine if both Winged Monkey Lock inserts behind the trees were pulsing, or if they were actually solid but only appeared to be pulsing because of neighboring light activity.

Wow, there's a light back there!!! It's useful!!! It looks cool!

Wow, I think this light has been out of place for the FOUR YEARS that I've owned this game. I had no idea. *blush*

-Jason

IMG_20200917_183253 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_183258 (resized).jpg
#11276 9 hours ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I greased my monkey & witch the other day (preventatively--they were behaving, & they're whisper quiet now), when I noticed that the "CAPTURE DOROTHY" light at the back panel was swung way out of position, so that it wasn't shining through the insert.
I've often struggled to determine if both Winged Monkey Lock inserts behind the trees were pulsing, or if they were actually solid but only appeared to be pulsing because of neighboring light activity.
Wow, there's a light back there!!! It's useful!!! It looks cool!
Wow, I think this light has been out of place for the FOUR YEARS that I've owned this game. I had no idea. *blush*
-Jason
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pinside confessional, glad you got it figured out!

#11277 8 hours ago

I have "greased the monkey" too, but it still sounds loud when in operation. Never had it "whisper quiet." When I got the machine, it wasn't moving much. When I "greased the monkey," it now moves to operate freely, but again, it's pretty loud. Does that mean it might be binding and something needs adjustment?

#11278 8 hours ago

Sooooo.....what’s the best product to grease my monkey ? Lmao no really what type of grease is best to use I’m due I can hear it .

#11279 8 hours ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sooooo.....what’s the best product to grease my monkey ? Lmao no really what type of grease is best to use I’m due I can hear it .

White lithium grease is what we used in the factory

#11280 8 hours ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Super Lube. Best stuff ever. A little goes a long ways.
amazon.com link »

#11281 7 hours ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I dont agree with white lithium.. no offense to others who use it. I constantly find it gunking up after a short while and then I have to clean it off. Maybe im applying too much but ive had to do this process twice with it and its just an annoyance to me.

I took advice and bought the super lube as mentioned. Havent used it yet but I believe it to be thinner than the lithium grease.

#11282 7 hours ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont agree with white lithium.. no offense to others who use it. I constantly find it gunking up after a short while and then I have to clean it off. Maybe im applying too much but ive had to do this process twice with it and its just an annoyance to me.
I took advice and bought the super lube as mentioned. Havent used it yet but I believe it to be thinner than the lithium grease.

I mentioned it because that's what the factory uses; YMMV...

#11283 7 hours ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I used really light oil, worked a treat.

#11284 6 hours ago

I used Magnalube

amazon.com link »

-Jason

#11285 5 hours ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I used Magnalube
amazon.com link »
-Jason

I used white lithium and like others have said, it's a bit messy and "slings around." I might give magnalube or superlube a spin.

#11286 5 hours ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I used white lithium and like others have said, it's a bit messy and "slings around." I might give magnalube or superlube a spin.

White lithium can dry out and get chalky.

Pure silicone grease will not dry out that way but, both will attract black dust and have to be cleaned with naptha every couple thousand plays.

#11287 5 hours ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

White lithium can dry out and get chalky.
Pure silicone grease will not dry out that way but, both will attract black dust and have to be cleaned with naptha every couple thousand plays.

LTG mentioned I should clean before adding grease. I didn't clean. Maybe I should clean and re-apply the grease. What is naptha?

Thanks.

#11288 4 hours ago
Quoted from Navystan:

LTG mentioned I should clean before adding grease. I didn't clean. Maybe I should clean and re-apply the grease. What is naptha?

Naptha is lighter fluid.

LTG : )

#11289 39 minutes ago

The screen on my crystal ball might be dead. Does anyone know the cost to replace it? Do I have to get the entire thing or can the screen just be replaced?

There was some burn-in on it that looked like a cowboy in the upper left corner but it always showed an image. Now it looks like red dark clouds and is static.

#11290 9 minutes ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The screen on my crystal ball might be dead. Does anyone know the cost to replace it? Do I have to get the entire thing or can the screen just be replaced?
There was some burn-in on it that looked like a cowboy in the upper left corner but it always showed an image. Now it looks like red dark clouds and is static.

From Barry at JJP...

Display PN 17-000001-00 $119.99
SD Card PN 15-000012-01 $21.99

My screen has been freezing while in attract mode for the last few months. Tried everything Barry mentioned with no luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 11290 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 226.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside