767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 306.
#1051 8 years ago

Don't forget the RR75 has the tornado and nicer castle walls which look really nice in the game. The ECLE and some early standards have the direct print and clear coated cabinets which look great. In the end I got a RR so I didn't have to worry about light boards or playfield issues but not a deal braker as long as you check build dates.

#1052 8 years ago

Karl Deanghelo posted this to FB.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1053 8 years ago

I'm trying to get the updater file on a USB drive, but the software JJP supplied fails to recgonize my USB drive. I reformatted it to FAT32 and everything but still get nothing in the software. Anyone know a solution to this? Can I just download some other ISO burner and use that? (would really rather not though, all the ISO software I've seen in the past is annoying bloatware)

EDIT: I saw on the JJP website that they only had the loader tool listed as Windows and Mac, however upon Google searching my problems with it, I found that there is a Linux version, and it seems to work better. I downloaded that onto my main PC and it detected my USB drive perfectly. Suck it Microsoft

#1054 8 years ago

I don't think I could get 11.8 million even with the glass off. My best is 1.2 million with 5 WOZ balls and 2 of my own. Mine's at 3 balls now so I'm not sure I can do even that.

#1055 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So set to 3? Wow, champion. Nothing other than factory and 3 balls? Thats pretty impressive man.

Sure is. I've got mine set to 3 balls as well but am liberal on the extra ball settings. Just set another new high yesterday which was 2.3 Mil. Just about got to SWOTR. Had 7 of the diamonds but just couldn't get the Mega jackpot on Rescue to get that diamond. I still have yet to get a mega jackpot.

The new code that's being tested really gives you the opportunity for higher scores. The add-a-ball feature keeps your multiballs going much longer than before. When you stack a Haunted and/or Munchkin mode with a multiball, there's the potential for scoring great bonus points. Throw in a Crystal Ball mode and you're points are doubled. I've had a bonus of over 350K and I've heard others claim bonuses in the 1 Mil range.

I also just recently moved the post on the left outlane which has helped keep balls in play longer. I was getting frustrated with balls just falling into that vacuum sucking lane. I probably averaged one tilt per game just trying to nudge the machine to prevent that from happening. Now about 50% of those hit the rubber on the post and bounce back into play. Had to bend the metal ball guide just a bit to be able to move it to the outer most hole. I know the purists out there probably cringe at my easier-than-factory settings but it's the only way I'll ever be able to achieve SWOTR.

#1056 8 years ago

This may have been mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere but for all new buyers I would STRONGLY suggest you add a Cliffy protector to the edge of the Munchkinland mini playfield. I ordered the whole kit right after buying my WOZ in the fall and held off on doing the difficult ones until it was time for the first really in-depth cleaning. When I went to take my mini PF I noticed that the clear is chipped off on the edge back over the RAI rainbow targets, thankfully it's under a metal ball guide so the ball can't contact it to make it worse and you can't see if when playing but the damage is done! I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not installing it sooner. Removing the mini PF looks daunting but it's not that bad if you follow the instructions in the manual, the only part that gave me trouble was making sure the wires from the spinning house motor stayed down through the hole when manipulating the mini PF into place. I would also recommend you replace the rubber ring on the "OZ" sling up there while you have the mini-PF off if your game has a good number of plays on it.

#1057 8 years ago

Joining the club! Got tired of waiting on GB to come out, and ordered a new WOZ 75th to be delivered next week. Being I am originally from Kansas, it will fit nicely with the home motif!

#1058 8 years ago

Would like to hear your thoughts on the available Cliffy protectors for WOZ and whether or not you have them installed? I realize all playfields will wear over time, but is there a need right out of the box?

Thanks

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Would like to hear your thoughts on the available Cliffy protectors for WOZ and whether or not you have them installed? I realize all playfields will wear over time, but is there a need right out of the box?
Thanks

Damage can happen at anytime on a game. Plastic protectors and Cliffys on a game out of a box are always a good idea.

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thanks

Only the Munchkinland one is really needed. The others are pretty optional.

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks for the response. I didn't really want to start calling distributors yet because I'm several months away from making a purchase. I was just wondering what the ballpark distributor price for a standard was.

I am in about the same position as you. I am probably a couple of months away from deciding and placing an order. I'm trying to decide between WOZ and the Hobbit but I am already doing some preliminary research. Prices are all over the place online. The best price appears to be Joe @ Pinballstar at $8000 for a standard. Next seems to be Automated at $8500 for a standard with a shaker and Invisiglass. Most expensive is JJP at $8500 (no shaker or Invisiglass, those are $500 extra). Shipping can make or break who is the best.

#1062 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I am in about the same position as you. I am probably a couple of months away from deciding and placing an order. I'm trying to decide between WOZ and the Hobbit but I am already doing some preliminary research. Prices are all over the place online. The best price appears to be Joe @ Pinballstar at $8000 for a standard. Next seems to be Automated at $8500 for a standard with a shaker and Invisiglass. Most expensive is JJP at $8500 (no shaker or Invisiglass, those are $500 extra). Shipping can make or break who is the best.

Thanks. Assuming no March surprises in my finances, I'm about 1-2 months away from joining this club. I can't wait!

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Got mine from automated. Don't go by the price on the website.....call Mike and ask him for any pricing specials. I called all of the distributors and he had the best package price. He was the same base as a couple of others, but he also threw in shipping to my front door. I don't know if this is standard across the board, but he also includes a full manual and an extra set of plastics. Don't forget to add sales tax if you buy local.

#1064 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Only the Munchkinland one is really needed. The others are pretty optional.

I wasn't going to install the protectors on the rollovers but being the owner of a CV that has a chip out of the clear by one of the rollovers changed my mind. Completely agree about the Munchkinland one.

#1065 8 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I wasn't going to install the protectors on the rollovers but being the owner of a CV that has a chip out of the clear by one of the rollovers changed my mind. Completely agree about the Munchkinland one.

I have the throne room cliffy installed, and it keeps lifting up the Mylar. I may be removing it... I have all of them installed, including shooter lane and Inlane switches... I don't have the roll overs though, and my cv's look fine too, but anything is possible

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Got mine from automated. Don't go by the price on the website.....call Mike and ask him for any pricing specials. I called all of the distributors and he had the best package price. He was the same base as a couple of others, but he also threw in shipping to my front door. I don't know if this is standard across the board, but he also includes a full manual and an extra set of plastics. Don't forget to add sales tax if you buy local.

Automated will do 9K delivered for the RR.

#1067 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Automated will do 9K delivered for the RR.

Yep...

#1068 8 years ago

Has anyone attempted to buy head decals from JJP?

I nicked my today by accident.... For me, don't care, but wondering if it will matter to someone if I ever decide to sell

#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Got mine from automated.

Ditto, me too. Need to call and talk to Mike.

Once the dust settles I will call Mike on TH.

#1070 8 years ago

Now WOZ code 6.06 is now up.

#1071 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Now WOZ code 6.06 is now up.

Too bad it's undownloadable...fails over and over.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you sure you're giving it a chance? It "sticks" at around file 29 for quite some time but eventually everything loads. Took me about 15 minutes.

#1073 8 years ago

Don't give up on the update. Mine worked on the first try. Make sure your checksum is right. If not re-download it.

#1074 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Worked 1st time for me. Download took about 12 minutes. Putting it onto the USB with unetbootin took a little longer but all good and it up and running on the game.

#1075 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Worked 1st time for me. Download took about 12 minutes. Putting it onto the USB with unetbootin took a little longer but all good and it up and running on the game.

Hey Paul, what sort of internet speed you got over there? I'm sitting at 17Mbps download and this is taking for evaaa. Calculating a 4hr download.

#1076 8 years ago

#1077 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey Paul, what sort of internet speed you got over there? I'm sitting at 17Mbps download and this is taking for evaaa. Calculating a 4hr download.

About 5.5mbps

#1078 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

About 5.5mbps

Hmmm. Maybe it's clogged at the JJP end? Lots of people hitting the severs maybe? If that's even a thing.

#1079 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hmmm. Maybe it's clogged at the JJP end? Lots of people hitting the severs maybe? If that's even a thing.

It can be slow if there are lots of people trying to download at the same time. I got lucky for a change.

#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

My download always ends before the full file size...checksum isn't correct. I'll try again tomorrow. I guess it's just traffic killing it?

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Are you sure you're giving it a chance? It "sticks" at around file 29 for quite some time but eventually everything loads. Took me about 15 minutes.

Not even getting that far...can't download it fully, is ending early on me thinking it's done.

#1082 8 years ago

Try using a different browser, I don't know what system or browser you have but it's worth a shot. My first attempt to d/l it was really slow and it failed at about 2.1 GB. I restarted it around 10:00 PM and then the speeds were much faster and it finished the d/l in less than an hour.

#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Damage can happen at anytime on a game. Plastic protectors and Cliffys on a game out of a box are always a good idea.

I have WOZ plastic protectors ready to ship...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-pf-plastic-protectors-for-sale

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It took me 6 attempts to finally get the download to complete.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It took me 6 attempts to finally get the download to complete.

I'm on my 20th attempt...tried Firefox, IE, and chrome. I have a fast connection, should take about 20 minutes total. It got to 3gigs once, but usually fails/ends around the 500mb mark. Not sure what else to do.

#1087 8 years ago

Fwiw, I had issues downloading the beta the other day. Think it took 4 hours. I let it go when I went to bed and it had downloaded with no issues. So hopefully the rest of you will have similar luck just slow.

#1088 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm on my 20th attempt...tried Firefox, IE, and chrome. I have a fast connection, should take about 20 minutes total. It got to 3gigs once, but usually fails/ends around the 500mb mark. Not sure what else to do.

Head over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code fellow WOZ owner posted a dropbox link recently, I just used it and it worked fine for me.

#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Head over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-600-code fellow WOZ owner posted a dropbox link recently, I just used it and it worked fine for me.

Link is dead...still can't download.

#1090 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Link is dead...still can't download.

Yeah, drop box took it down already. I was lucky enough to grab it as soon as he posted it. But Alex put up a new link on RackCDN that should work just as good:

http://9e125918d0e012a34216-a1176de1e90091ce5de7930765adf534.r96.cf2.rackcdn.com/WizardOfOz-v6.06.iso

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

3 attempts yesterday took about 50min.

#1092 8 years ago

No troubles up in Queensland. Took 4 hours, but worked perfectly when installed. Anyone else notice it's much easier to light RAINBOW now? Seem to be spinning the house all the time on the way to other multiballs.

#1093 8 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yeah, drop box took it down already. I was lucky enough to grab it as soon as he posted it. But Alex put up a new link on RackCDN that should work just as good:
http://9e125918d0e012a34216-a1176de1e90091ce5de7930765adf534.r96.cf2.rackcdn.com/WizardOfOz-v6.06.iso

RackCDN worked for me...took about 30 mins. I'll try to install tonight, though looking at the release notes has me maybe wanting to stick with 6.04.

#1094 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm trying to get the updater file on a USB drive, but the software JJP supplied fails to recgonize my USB drive. I reformatted it to FAT32 and everything but still get nothing in the software. Anyone know a solution to this? Can I just download some other ISO burner and use that? (would really rather not though, all the ISO software I've seen in the past is annoying bloatware)
EDIT: I saw on the JJP website that they only had the loader tool listed as Windows and Mac, however upon Google searching my problems with it, I found that there is a Linux version, and it seems to work better. I downloaded that onto my main PC and it detected my USB drive perfectly. Suck it Microsoft

love Linux.

#1095 8 years ago

New code Multiball got a little too intense for TOTO last night............

toto3_(resized).jpgtoto3_(resized).jpg

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Toto2_(resized).jpg

Bad dog! Bad!

#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Aw cute. He was trying to help by pushing down on the switches.

No way a cat would do that.

#1098 8 years ago

I'm in the club now and loving this game!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1099 8 years ago

Nice throne room shroud....

1 week later
#1100 8 years ago

Finally! This time I did not choke and I melted that @#%*ing witch! Great programming and lights! Nice reward!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.