Topic Stats

• 10,968 posts
  • 568 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 259 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,504 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6D508107-3266-4B95-83AF-EA754E54C2B8 (resized).jpeg
5643270B-F9F5-4B41-8678-D2BD94B30DE5 (resized).jpeg
1865A459-0B3A-4FEA-8366-9292DE4708B8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200729_153442 (resized).jpg
57700D7D-9074-48A4-B454-3B421AB1CEB4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
1C4194CF-4D19-43DE-978F-3BBC630682A0 (resized).png
5AFEC510-2058-4A31-985E-83790D47106D (resized).png
61tR+ncjHGL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
5BDA97FC-AEBE-47C9-BB03-4490D7444A45 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_IMG_7058 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10968 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 220.
#10851 24 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I’m having a hard time removing back glass to access the back box , don’t u just turn the key and lift the translite up ? It doesn’t even budge any help ?

The back glass on our ruby red is a very tight fit. Had to tap it while trying to remove it to get it loose. When reinstalling, had to really work it/make sure the glass was all the way down to get the lock to engage properly.

#10852 24 days ago

If anyone is looking to sell 7.5 boards (need rainbow) please PM me thank you!

#10853 23 days ago

Has anyone installed the lantern mod in the castle ? Was looking for help I cut the wires behind bugle spotlight at this point can I leave the mesh covered wires there and proceed to install new wires or do I absolutely have to pull that out ? Thanks for any help.

#10854 23 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone installed the lantern mod in the castle ? Was looking for help I cut the wires behind bugle spotlight at this point can I leave the mesh covered wires there and proceed to install new wires or do I absolutely have to pull that out ? Thanks for any help.

I took mine out. I’m not saying you couldn’t let them in but it would be a real bitch installing the new wire. I tried to leave it but in the end just clipped the existing wire and fished the new one

#10855 23 days ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I took mine out. I’m not saying you couldn’t let them in but it would be a real bitch installing the new wire. I tried to leave it but in the end just clipped the existing wire and fished the new one

I ended up leaving old mesh covered wire in there and tagged it .Thanks to Yelobird @the ModCouple looks great !!

4DC27BBD-1E31-411A-AB91-2AA7D4CD2508 (resized).jpegF5DCF009-D8C7-46EF-978A-F6A808136D0C (resized).jpeg
#10856 23 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I ended up leaving old mesh covered wire in there and tagged it .Thanks to Yelobird @the ModCouple looks great !![quoted image][quoted image]

Your learning fast looks great. Now you need to get on the Gouvia list and swap out that tubed witch.

#10857 23 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now you need to get on the Gouvia list

Ah...witch list? There has been a bunch of them! It will not be long now!

#10858 23 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your learning fast looks great. Now you need to get on the Gouvia list and swap out that tubed witch.

Thanks buddy ,yes that n a wizzard mod I don’t mind spending on this one cause it’s here to stay !!!

#10859 23 days ago

I’d bet it will be a long time until we have a new widebody pin with this much fun in it !!long long time .This is a keeper..By the way the doors are great what a difference!!

Quoted from Yelobird:

#10860 22 days ago

On to the next ...I have haunted forest Led to install but the one I’m worried about is the PIngraffix side blades.The playfield always pulls tight to left side I’m going to fix this issue first before I ruin new side art .Has anyone had this issue I quickly looked at it the other night didn’t see anything that looked wrong if any insight is greatly appreciate as always !! Training wheels are off I’m ready to get at it!!!

#10861 22 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

On to the next ...I have haunted forest Led to install but the one I’m worried about is the PIngraffix side blades.The playfield always pulls tight to left side I’m going to fix this issue first before I ruin new side art .Has anyone had this issue I quickly looked at it the other night didn’t see anything that looked wrong if any insight is greatly appreciate as always !! Training wheels are off I’m ready to get at it!!!

Order these protectors and your good for all games now and in the future.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#10862 22 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Order these protectors and your good for all games now and in the future.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Awsome thanks !! I just ordered wax from them I never seen it but was only looking at cleaning products .

#10863 19 days ago

I opened a separate thread but wanted to post here in case someone doesn't read the other. I'm hoping someone can provide me some guidance...

Our WOZ standard edition was playing near perfect up until yesterday when I decided to see if I could tweak the Crystal Ball. The screen would occasionally scramble from clear images to fuzz. So I leaned in to unplug/replug as well as reseat the SD card. I also bought the Crystal Ball Mod so I removed it to see what might be involved in the install.

When I went to install reinstall the original Ball, the connector was very tight and I couldn't tell which way the connector went. While leaning in, I accidentally depressed the start button and started a game. I was able to connect the Crystal Ball correct and upside down. I did this while the game was on to see if I could get the screen working. During the confusion, I flipped the game on/off/on... several times to see if the screen would come on, not realizing this is very bad to do with this game. Crystal Ball screen came on, but was upside down RGB lettering. Not realizing this is correct start-up, that as when I got nervous, thinking the connector was upside down, so I reversed the connector.

Currently:

The game powers on, loads files, all RGB lights are flowing on playfield and the backbox display goes into attract mode,

BUT:

1) Crystal Ball and other features, Wizard Head, spots, etc have gone dark.
2) The Start Button no longer flashes, so I am unable to start a game.
3) All of the service buttons no longer work

I removed the service box cover. All of the fuses on the I/O board look fine and their red indicator LEDs are lit. The fan is running on the power board.

I called JJP service and was told that I may have done something to the I/O board. I told them that I would try to figure it out. They said if I can't figure it out, I can open a case and send the I/O board in for diagnosis and repair. I researched jump starting the game with the paper clip but Tech Support said that shouldn't be necessary because the fn is running and the part of the game is in attract mode.

Anyone have a similar experience or a possible solution? Thanks.

thumbnail_IMG_7042 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7045 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7058 (resized).jpg
#10864 19 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I opened a separate thread but wanted to post here in case someone doesn't read the other. I'm hoping someone can provide me some guidance...
Our WOZ standard edition was playing near perfect up until yesterday when I decided to see if I could tweak the Crystal Ball. The screen would occasionally scramble from clear images to fuzz. So I leaned in to unplug/replug as well as reseat the SD card. I also bought the Crystal Ball Mod so I removed it to see what might be involved in the install.
When I went to install reinstall the original Ball, the connector was very tight and I couldn't tell which way the connector went. While leaning in, I accidentally depressed the start button and started a game. I was able to connect the Crystal Ball correct and upside down. I did this while the game was on to see if I could get the screen working. During the confusion, I flipped the game on/off/on... several times to see if the screen would come on, not realizing this is very bad to do with this game. Crystal Ball screen came on, but was upside down RGB lettering. Not realizing this is correct start-up, that as when I got nervous, thinking the connector was upside down, so I reversed the connector.
Currently:
The game powers on, loads files, all RGB lights are flowing on playfield and the backbox display goes into attract mode,
BUT:
1) Crystal Ball and other features, Wizard Head, spots, etc have gone dark.
2) The Start Button no longer flashes, so I am unable to start a game.
3) All of the service buttons no longer work
I removed the service box cover. All of the fuses on the I/O board look fine and their red indicator LEDs are lit. The fan is running on the power board.
I called JJP service and was told that I may have done something to the I/O board. I told them that I would try to figure it out. They said if I can't figure it out, I can open a case and send the I/O board in for diagnosis and repair. I researched jump starting the game with the paper clip but Tech Support said that shouldn't be necessary because the fn is running and the part of the game is in attract mode.
Anyone have a similar experience or a possible solution? Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this same thing happen to me on the crystal ball. There is a fuse, no one mentions much, I think is fuse 7. It is a automotive type fuse,not glass, located at the front end away from the rest. You need needle nose plyers to pull it. It can be tested like the rest. Also,visually on that one. It runs the ball. Hard to find, JJP didn't carry it, if you need it, check Ebay. Can send a picture if you can't find it.

#10865 19 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I had this same thing happen to me on the crystal ball. There is a fuse, no one mentions much, I think is fuse 7. It is a automotive type fuse,not glass, located at the front end away from the rest. You need needle nose plyers to pull it. It can be tested like the rest. Also,visually on that one. It runs the ball. Hard to find, JJP didn't carry it, if you need it, check Ebay. Can send a picture if you can't find it.

It is located close to the plugin for the ball.

#10866 19 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

It is located close to the plugin for the ball.

Found the 2 fuses (blades) near the ball plugin on the board. Thank you. I'll look for replacements. Now to try to figure out how to get the rest of the game back...

#10867 19 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Found the 2 fuses (blades) near the ball plugin on the board. Thank you. I'll look for replacements. Now to try to figure out how to get the rest of the game back...

Happy to see that you're going to repair it. There it was a lot of chaos when you got nervous, next time don't drink so much coffee before installing mods

#10868 19 days ago

Trying to convince my wife I need 2 more games so my key holder will look more complete

5BDA97FC-AEBE-47C9-BB03-4490D7444A45 (resized).jpeg
#10869 19 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

We’re they out? I found them on EBay. Hard to find, but, reasonable. It fixed mine. I blew one messing with the ball, too.If one was out, it might fix more. Some of the GI are on it , too.

#10870 18 days ago

Okay I'm still having issues with my emerald city multiball lock holding the balls during multiball start. If I press both flippers and skip the full intro, it starts. If I don't, there is like a 50% chance the balls release. Whenever new players come by to play, this happens to mostly to them. The coils work great all the time and in tests, and the game always sees the balls..... what the hell is this?!?! What can I possibly do to fix this? I'm confused as to how to fix this when I cannot relplicate it.

#10871 18 days ago

Just joined the club yesterday with an ECLE w/2.0 lights.

Now I need to mod the shit out of it to make it even more awesome.

I heard about the witch thing coming up soon... is there an actual waiting list or has it been filled a long time ago?

Also, i have a new set ofPinstadium Fusions sitting around. Was thinking of throwing those in since the game is pretty dark. Anybody here done it?(the fusions with the extra flashers, not the base model). Looking for suggestions for flashers to tap into.

#10872 18 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just joined the club yesterday with an ECLE w/2.0 lights.

Congratulations. If you have any problems, post them here. Lots of great help for WOZ on Pinside.

LTG : )

#10873 18 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Congratulations. If you have any problems, post them here. Lots of great help for WOZ on Pinside.

I almost posted but figured it out on my own. Had the left audio channel not functional and crappy intermittent right channel. The cable (or filter) from the mobo to the amp board was flaky. Put in a temp cable without a filter. Sound is back and consistent but with a very slight buzz obviously. Will look into getting a cable with filter. Saw that JJP is out of stock...

I did lose video signal during a game today(first game after upgrading to 7.02). Wiggled all the cables but nothing. Rebooted and video was ok. Hasn’t happened since and played lots tonight. BTW the upgrade process seemed to throw a lot of linux error messages. But it did go through and does show 7.02.

Still need to tweak coil power for a few things. Trough popper has a hard time occasionally and it takes 5-6 attempts to get the ball in the lane. Wizard hole tends to dump stdm. Audio problem was my priority. Tomorrow tweaks and pinstadiums.

Thanks Lloyd.

#10874 18 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Will look into getting a cable with filter.

This ? amazon.com link »

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wizard hole tends to dump stdm.

Try stronger first in Settings - Coils.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Trough popper has a hard time occasionally and it takes 5-6 attempts to get the ball in the lane.

Try stronger or weaker. Then this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#10875 18 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

This ? amazon.com link »

Try stronger first in Settings - Coils.

Try stronger or weaker. Then this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Thanks. Hadn’t thought of checking Amazon. It’ll be here on Friday

#10876 18 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I.... I have a problem two posts above you. Help!!

#10877 18 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

I had that happen but it was just the munchkin house got a wee bit into the lane adjusted it toward side ...

#10878 18 days ago

Hitting the flippers rattled it loose ...that’s what happened to mine .

#10879 18 days ago
Quoted from jorant:

Check for cold solder joints on the coil first. Reheat them with a little flux. Make sure all the wire threads are attached so its not hanging by a thread. Many of the games had cold joints here and there throughout the game.

Change the balls out with regular high carbon non magnetized balls if you havent already.

Get the playfield pitch up to 6.2 to 6.5 but no higher.

Adjusting the locking bar if its been altered is an adventure. It can take a bit if time and patience.

#10880 17 days ago

I had my crystal ball go dark and it took a long time to find this fuse was blown. Not a JJP or, any retail near me. I found them on EBay. They are located next to the plugin on the board for the crystal ball.

image (resized).jpg
#10881 17 days ago

I took your advice but found these on Amazon and Prime has them being delivered tomorrow.

amazon.com link »

61tR+ncjHGL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
#10882 17 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I took your advice but found these on Amazon and Prime has them being delivered tomorrow.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Never thought of Amazon. That is them. The crystal ball plugin on top is tricky, it blew mine. Odd they would have this type of fuse in it. Some GI’s are on it, too. Easy to change, and test.

#10883 17 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Never thought of Amazon. That is them. The crystal ball plugin on top is tricky, it blew mine. Odd they would have this type of fuse in it. Some GI’s are on it, too. Easy to change, and test.

Automotive type 12v to 32v fuses can be common, but maybe not at 1.0a

#10884 17 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I had my crystal ball go dark and it took a long time to find this fuse was blown. Not a JJP or, any retail near me. I found them on EBay. They are located next to the plugin on the board for the crystal ball.
[quoted image]

Dont they sell these at any hardware store or car repair store?

#10885 17 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

They do sell the mni-blades at most stores... Walmart, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts. The lowest I found them carry was a 3 amp. Having trouble already, I was not willing to risk over fusing. The 1 amp was just hard to find as pinballinreno mentioned.

#10886 17 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I tried at a local Ace hardware, they said the same, too low amperage. I went to an automotive, and Walmart, too. Gave up and went to Ebay. I see Amazon does,too. The manual doesn't say. When it blows, everything else still runs. Only way to check it, is pull it. I was very happy to find the problem, though.

#10887 17 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

They do sell the mni-blades at most stores... Walmart, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts. The lowest I found them carry was a 3 amp. Having trouble already, I was not willing to risk over fusing. The 1 amp was just hard to find as pinballinreno mentioned.

Quoted from HIPPY:

I tried at a local Ace hardware, they said the same, too low amperage. I went to an automotive, and Walmart, too. Gave up and went to Ebay. I see Amazon does,too. The manual doesn't say. When it blows, everything else still runs. Only way to check it, is pull it. I was very happy to find the problem, though.

Interesting...

#10888 17 days ago

I’m planning on joining the club if someone would sell me their Ruby Red LE.

Searching for one high and low and it may take a while it looks like.

#10889 17 days ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

I’m planning on joining the club if someone would sell me their Ruby Red LE.
Searching for one high and low and it may take a while it looks like.

I will leave a note with my will letting my heirs now you are interested! But I think I still have some good decades left, so I wouldn’t hold my breath while waiting for mine!

Good luck with your search.

I would make a bet that JJP will make another batch of NIB in the future if you are interested in a NIB. I would put the word out to a distributor or two in the chance they make some more. I was lucky and bought mine NIB last year when they did another run of them.

#10890 17 days ago

I would be very happy for the help thanks again

Quoted from LukyDuck:

I will leave a note with my will letting my heirs now you are interested! But I think I still have some good decades left, so I wouldn’t hold my breath while waiting for mine!
Good luck with your search.
I would make a bet that JJP will make another batch of NIB in the future if you are interested in a NIB. I would put the word out to a distributor or two in the chance they make some more. I was lucky and bought mine NIB last year when they did another run of them.

#10891 17 days ago

Never heard of this co but try them

5AFEC510-2058-4A31-985E-83790D47106D (resized).png
#10892 16 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Thank you hippy ! Brilliant. I ordered those 1 amp mini-fuses because I didn't have any lying around. Came in yesterday. I replaced both on the far lower right corner near where the crystal ball plugs in and reinstalled the I/O board. Everything works... coin door buttons, start button, playfield features. All good. Would never had thought to look at those as they are well hidden and not near any of the main fuses that have LED indicators.

#10893 16 days ago

Thx

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Never heard of this co but try them
[quoted image]

#10894 16 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Thank you hippy ! Brilliant. I ordered those 1 amp mini-fuses because I didn't have any lying around. Came in yesterday. I replaced both on the far lower right corner near where the crystal ball plugs in and reinstalled the I/O board. Everything works... coin door buttons, start button, playfield features. All good. Would never had thought to look at those as they are well hidden and not near any of the main fuses that have LED indicators.

Outstanding, glad I could help.

#10895 16 days ago

anyone else in this club could help with any leads would appreciate it - thx in advance

#10896 16 days ago

Happy weekend hope all is well .Was wondering if anyone has installed this mod n how you like it I’d appreciate any input thanks

1C4194CF-4D19-43DE-978F-3BBC630682A0 (resized).png
#10897 14 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here's one that has me stumped. Audio issues. Had a channel out (right). Bypassed the filter and went with straight cable 3.5mm M-M. Sound is fully back with a bit of hum.

If I connect a ground loop filter I have NO sound whatsoever. Nuthin. Nada. Tried different filters too. Doubt they are all bad as they are new.

Same using the aux jack at the back. If I connect directly to my sub it works great. If I install an in-line ground loop filter I get..... You guessed it... NOTHING!

My guess would be an amplifier board issue... Sounds like it's only working because I am getting an incorrect ground path. Once I block it with the filter sound goes out completely. ltg ... What's your take on this? Maybe the guys from pinnovators have an idea since it's their Amp lllvjr ?

Also had monkey issues but after checking it it was obvious this thing had never been lubricated after leaving JJP. Did that and now issues are gone.

#10898 14 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

What's your take on this?

I think you are right, an issue on that board.

#10899 13 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I installed pinstadium with UV in my woz. Took it out and sold it about a week later. One of the big reasons, the witch flashes when it rises and when it’s hit. That flash is localized so your eye is drawn to the witch. That effect is ruined with the entire game flashing... especially when you have multiple balls going and the entire game is flashing. I found it completely distracting.
Some people love’m, some people hate’m.

Why didn’t you just not hook up the flashers? New to the club, 837 ECLE Have light issues right out the gate

#10900 11 days ago

This popped up on a mailer for movie collectables that I get.

Any die hard fans? haha Goes for $3,500. It can be talked down a bit..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10968 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 220.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside