20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 306.
#10751 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its the box that connects the 3.5mm line. Looks something like this.
But im surprised that would cause voice issues and such. Ground Loop Isolators are to keep humms and static noises out of speakers. [quoted image]

I replaced the old one in my WOZ RR that originally came with machine with this, fixed all my audio problems so far. The volume would go up and down, sometimes just stop, and also weird static/humming, all gone now.

#10752 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I replaced the old one in my WOZ RR that originally came with machine with this, fixed all my audio problems so far. The volume would go up and down, sometimes just stop, and also weird static/humming, all gone now.

Interesting. Ive had issues with voices going low and found it to be the RCA cables.

But regardless, glad you were able to find the problem.

#10753 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting. Ive had issues with voices going low and found it to be the RCA cables.
But regardless, glad you were able to find the problem.

I replaced the rca cables and still had the low volume voices. Bypassed the ground loop isolator and the issue was resolved.

#10754 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I replaced the rca cables and still had the low volume voices. Bypassed the ground loop isolator and the issue was resolved.

Good to know incase the issue comes back to me.

#10755 3 years ago

Had a fun time making some needed adjustments on my YBR today. First, my Winkie target would stay down and not pop back up on its own unless I ran test mode. Turns out the lock screw in back of mech had fallen out and the switch had also lost a screw.

While making those adjustments I noticed the pictured clip and nut loose in the back of the cab. Any suggestions where to look so I can put these back where they belong?

DB761E98-DCDC-4B7E-B4E3-867948885382 (resized).jpegDB761E98-DCDC-4B7E-B4E3-867948885382 (resized).jpeg
#10756 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Had a fun time making some needed adjustments on my YBR today. First, my Winkie target would stay down and not pop back up on its own unless I ran test mode. Turns out the lock screw in back of mech had fallen out and the switch had also lost a screw.
While making those adjustments I noticed the pictured clip and nut loose in the back of the cab. Any suggestions where to look so I can put these back where they belong?
[quoted image]

The clip goes on the tab that pokes through the cash box slot.

The nut, no idea but that one should be easier to find a mate for.

#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The clip goes on the tab that pokes through the coin door slot.

Holds down cashbox and cover.

Quoted from zaphX:

The nut, no idea but that one should be easier to find a mate for.

I wonder if it's for one of the four bolts holding the coin door on ?

LTG : )

#10758 3 years ago

Does anyone else frequently get a loud metal smack and loss of momentum when plunging?

#10759 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone else frequently get a loud metal smack and loss of momentum when plunging?

Yes. Another thing I found today was that the tip on my plunger was broken off. Put a new one on today as well. Maybe yours is the same?

B3B33D24-73ED-4BD6-B969-93D00594A3CD (resized).jpegB3B33D24-73ED-4BD6-B969-93D00594A3CD (resized).jpeg
#10760 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes. I have yet to put a slow motion camera in place to see why though.

#10761 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Holds down cashbox and cover.

I wonder if it's for one of the four bolts holding the coin door on ?

It’s Not one of the four bolts holding the coin door, must be from somewhere else. I appreciate that because I did not think to look there.

#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Yes. Another thing I found today was that the tip on my plunger was broken off. Put a new one on today as well. Maybe yours is the same? [quoted image]

Could be, I am fairly sure all the rubbers in the game are original from 2013. However none are visibly worn because the game was barely used when I got it.

#10763 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

Cash box clip.
Coin door nut.

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I did this a while ago when I had the same problem. Hope it helps.

I felt like if Darth Vader was making a tutorial

Deep voice

#10765 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just thinking, does your machine have a cliffy protector around the muchkinland edge? Perhaps the metal is sticking out towards the shooter lane and the ball is hitting it on its way up?

#10766 3 years ago

Ive owned a RR WOZ for about one year, and never really played it because of sound issues. But now that Im playing it more and more, what a absolutely amazing game. I love it. I dont know what is going on half the time, especially with some of those crazy multiballs, but its fantastic. The sound on JJP is just crazy good, they are just really really fun games, and immersive. Can't wait to see what the next JJP game looks like.

#10767 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just thinking, does your machine have a cliffy protector around the muchkinland edge? Perhaps the metal is sticking out towards the shooter lane and the ball is hitting it on its way up?

Nope, no cliffys - game was bone stock on arrival. Only mods have been silent fans and a Pinnovators front panel volume mod.

#10768 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ive owned a RR WOZ for about one year, and never really played it because of sound issues. But now that Im playing it more and more, what a absolutely amazing game. I love it. I dont know what is going on half the time, especially with some of those crazy multiballs, but its fantastic. The sound on JJP is just crazy good, they are just really really fun games, and immersive. Can't wait to see what the next JJP game looks like.

I enjoy the game too and think its a brilliant design! Look in your manual or get the ruleset from https://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/WOZ-Rulesheet-Version-1-26.pdf and read through it - it helped me immensely to figure out what was going on.

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

The first thing I do when I find a part on the bottom of the cabinet is look up. Most likely came from something above its current resting place. Where in the cabinet did you find it? Front, back, under the witch, etc.

#10770 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice ya'll. You were right, it was the allen screw on the door shaft needing to be tightened to make both doors work. thanks!Now all problems are fixed. i just need to install the pinstadium fusion now!

IMG_20200625_114756 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_114756 (resized).jpg
#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Back to the subject how woukd I see what lighting system I have ,I’ve been looking .Born 11/25/15.Ive been buying stuff I need and some mods to install going to clean/wax machine take my time and do it right and all at once .I have 2 issues only besides lil stuff I’ve been on here before with it and kept all sent to me through emails thanks to all .They are out of LED strip for the wizzard which is problem 1 that’s easy enough .Problem 2 is the NB in rainbow stay red and I want to be 100% sure that I need new board I’m looking for any advice on a McGiver tyke fix for this thss as is again and best to all!!!

Most likely a bad board. Had n do same in mind. I applied slight pressure to led and it worked fine. Actually wedged a small piece of clear plastic between led and the rainbow plastic before my upgrade arrived. Don't recommend that PITA effort . If you have 7.5, don't upgrade until you absolutely have to.

Just a crazy thought in hindsight. I had the same thing happen to an led in my stern ST flood lamp. I applied a little crazy glue to hold it place while I applied pressure. Perfecto! Can't explain, but it has held for a month now and wished I had tried before I bought 2.0 upgrade.

#10772 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think I found the answer, searching pinside revealed a loose crystal ball cable can cause this and mine turned out to be 1/2 off when I checked it.
WOOT

Just saw this. Yep! That's exactly the problem. Crazy how it is all tied together.

#10773 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

The first thing I do when I find a part on the bottom of the cabinet is look up. Most likely came from something above its current resting place. Where in the cabinet did you find it? Front, back, under the witch, etc.

Both were in the way back of cab.

#10774 3 years ago

I saw a metal decorative strip that covers the bare wood edge above the rainbow targets for sale... somewhere. Anyone know it's sold?

Any other MUST HAVE mods?

#10775 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I saw a metal decorative strip that covers the bare wood edge above the rainbow targets for sale... somewhere. Anyone know it's sold?

Probably part of the Cliffy set for WOZ.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

It is indeed a protective cliffy for the munchkinland playfield. It is probably the only absolutely necessary cliffy in the game. Without it, that playfield is at serious risk of getting chipped at any time.

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

Most likely a bad board. Had n do same in mind. I applied slight pressure to led and it worked fine. Actually wedged a small piece of clear plastic between led and the rainbow plastic before my upgrade arrived. Don't recommend that PITA effort . If you have 7.5, don't upgrade until you absolutely have to.
Just a crazy thought in hindsight. I had the same thing happen to an led in my stern ST flood lamp. I applied a little crazy glue to hold it place while I applied pressure. Perfecto! Can't explain, but it has held for a month now and wished I had tried before I bought 2.0 upgrade.

I had similar experience with many of the little single GI boards and tried reflowing solder on them multiple times. It would fix the issue for about two weeks and then it would come back so I got tired of it and did the 2.0 upgrade.

#10778 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I had similar experience with many of the little single GI boards and tried reflowing solder on them multiple times. It would fix the issue for about two weeks and then it would come back so I got tired of it and did the 2.0 upgrade.

How was your 2.0 experience? I found it to be really fun, and gave me a personal feeling of connection to my machine.

#10779 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How was your 2.0 experience? I found it to be really fun, and gave me a personal feeling of connection to my machine.

It was pretty straightforward and thanks to advice from others who did it before me I only had to re-position one board to make the cables reach. It wasn't $800 worth of fun but at least my game no longer becomes unplayable because of LED board issues now.

#10780 3 years ago

My friend just got his new YBR. Any ideas on what to look for? This is his text to me:

99E32985-F720-4815-AA7D-E016ED356B7D (resized).png99E32985-F720-4815-AA7D-E016ED356B7D (resized).png
#10781 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My friend just got his new YBR. Any ideas on what to look for? This is his text to me:

Was it okay before he updated it ? If so please have him start over fresh. If he got the download from the USA Mirror, try the EU Mirror.

#10782 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Is the Crystal Ball cable firmly plugged in? That sure sounds a lot like the problem I just experienced on my ECLE.

#10783 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Was it okay before he updated it ? If so please have him start over fresh. If he got the download from the USA Mirror, try the EU Mirror.

It was like this the first time he played. I told him to do a fresh install. Same results.

#10784 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the Crystal Ball cable firmly plugged in? That sure sounds a lot like the problem I just experienced on my ECLE.

Let me check with him.

#10785 3 years ago

Hello anybody else having problems with parts from JJP ?
I have been trying to purchase the 2.0 Light upgrade kit for my WOZ for over 6 weeks now a have been dealing with Barry Engler JJP(SVC MGR) saying he will get the kit together and ship it out but he is not ?
I have called him 3 times last month keeps saying again he will get it out but does not ??

This is getting old very quick

#10786 3 years ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

Hello anybody else having problems with parts from JJP ?
I have been trying to purchase the 2.0 Light upgrade kit for my WOZ for over 6 weeks now a have been dealing with Barry Engler JJP(SVC MGR) saying he will get the kit together and ship it out but he is not ?
I have called him 3 times last month keeps saying again he will get it out but does not ??

The question I have is, does JJP have all the parts on hand to build a complete kit? I would ask. Maybe he has not told you he is waiting for a part or parts and the part/s keep taking longer to arrive than he planned.

If he states that they have all the parts on hand, then it is taking too long to complete the order, in my opinion.

#10787 3 years ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

I am sorry for the delays.

I believe they are waiting on some parts. And since the move from NJ to Chicago. Things have not gone as smoothly as hoped. Then add in the shut downs because of the virus.

Barry gets promised parts or supplies. He acts on that information. Then the parts or supplies don't happen. Leaving him hanging.

He isn't jerking you off on purpose. He wants to get you the kit as quick as he can.

Because of all of this. Giving you an exact date when it will ship, might not be accurate right now. Barry is doing the best he can, in the strangest of times.

#10789 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am sorry for the delays.
I believe they are waiting on some parts. And since the move from NJ to Chicago. Things have not gone as smoothly as hoped. Then add in the shut downs because of the virus.
Barry gets promised parts or supplies. He acts on that information. Then the parts or supplies don't happen. Leaving him hanging.
He isn't jerking you off on purpose. He wants to get you the kit as quick as he can.
Because of all of this. Giving you an exact date when it will ship, might not be accurate right now. Barry is doing the best he can, in the strangest of times.

I think we all need to remember this sometimes. Jjp has sent me parts 3 times for my 3 machines, always expeditiously. Outside of the huge retailers, it’s still a pretty screwed up environment getting things sourced and employees in. Lost in the fold is a lot of high tech components are still struggling to inventory from the China shutdown in January and feb. I’m not saying cut indefinite slack but it’s still hard.

#10790 3 years ago

Just got my WOZ YBR. What a beautiful machine and what a difficult game! Can someone post links of some good “How-To” videos for gameplay? Thanks!

#10791 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Just got my WOZ YBR. What a beautiful machine and what a difficult game! Can someone post links of some good “How-To” videos for gameplay? Thanks!

This is the best I know of. Takes you through all the rules right up to the final wizard mode. And, there’s a surprise ending if I remember correctly.

#10792 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

zaphX put together some really nice pictures with shots.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-explanation-of-basic-rules-goals

#10793 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

And then there is these from the pdf manual..

79AF7DAD-07BA-493A-ABDC-BC60BFA824D8 (resized).png79AF7DAD-07BA-493A-ABDC-BC60BFA824D8 (resized).png6A247AC3-9350-45C9-9334-CA035232B823 (resized).png6A247AC3-9350-45C9-9334-CA035232B823 (resized).png9AA0AE27-444B-4B12-9CBB-558F85995768 (resized).png9AA0AE27-444B-4B12-9CBB-558F85995768 (resized).pngA736AFAC-BDAB-4717-B42C-E3A1D4F1853D (resized).pngA736AFAC-BDAB-4717-B42C-E3A1D4F1853D (resized).pngA81CD84D-791A-4846-97E2-AE5454CFA1D8 (resized).pngA81CD84D-791A-4846-97E2-AE5454CFA1D8 (resized).pngCB4FF469-5B16-40EB-B9D8-8DFE833A5E65 (resized).pngCB4FF469-5B16-40EB-B9D8-8DFE833A5E65 (resized).pngFC39A329-4C75-445B-B47F-D5D5854E88FC (resized).pngFC39A329-4C75-445B-B47F-D5D5854E88FC (resized).pngF27E00A3-69E4-4D41-9D08-D25DD8C1A6A9 (resized).pngF27E00A3-69E4-4D41-9D08-D25DD8C1A6A9 (resized).pngF06C9846-69DC-484D-8FA7-1CDD89A8A867 (resized).pngF06C9846-69DC-484D-8FA7-1CDD89A8A867 (resized).png7170830D-193B-4ADE-8AB5-3DFF625D230F (resized).png7170830D-193B-4ADE-8AB5-3DFF625D230F (resized).png
#10794 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

And then there is these from the pdf manual..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!

#10795 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

If I’m reading this right if I have a 7.5 and one led board goes out then I have to upgrade whole set ?

#10796 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If I’m reading this right if I have a 7.5 and one led board goes out then I have to upgrade whole set ?

No. You can buy replacement 7.5 boards from JJP. But, they are expensive and prone to failure. The upgrade kit avoids having the issue reoccur frequently.

#10797 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Nah, just buy the single board.

If it becomes a problem, maybe upgrade.

#10798 3 years ago

I’m going to try the glue fix .I was pushing in it and started changing colors ...then if fails I’ll have to decide .I have heard the 2.0 subpar to the 7.5 any thoughts on this .I appreciate u guys thanks !

#10799 3 years ago

Hi 2.0 adopters. Just wondered are the light posts supposed to be missing on 15 and 20? Getting it all done, 1 red board but that's fine.

0250D6C6-34DF-443D-9384-D6546D753F49 (resized).jpeg0250D6C6-34DF-443D-9384-D6546D753F49 (resized).jpeg0F18535F-F38D-4F60-8EE8-EBF8AB1C8ABB (resized).jpeg0F18535F-F38D-4F60-8EE8-EBF8AB1C8ABB (resized).jpeg625D0081-7176-44B2-B88C-48C9F066EEC3 (resized).jpeg625D0081-7176-44B2-B88C-48C9F066EEC3 (resized).jpeg
#10800 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just wondered are the light posts supposed to be missing on 15 and 20?

No. Should have the frosted GI tubes sticking up through the playfield in the holes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.