BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 305.
#10601 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Raise it up a bit with washers or a spacer.
LTG : )

Does the guide rail just “pop” out in order to put a washer etc. to prop it up?

#10602 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I think this nut and bold assembly will stand it off like intended. Fingers crossed [quoted image]

Please share your success story when you're done!

#10603 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So just joined the WOZ club and took delivery of what I gather is a “Green Edition.” Absolutely love the game but have a fix that y’all may know the quick and easy answer to.
After the ball ejects from the castle and travels down the wire form towards the Toto outlane side.....about 25% of the time the ball will pop over the guide rail and drain into the Toto outlane. I adjusted the screw on the wire form as far “in” toward the flippers as it can go without hitting the plastic and still no luck.
I assume I need to bend the wire form or the metal rail that separates the out lane from the flipper lane?
I’m not too savvy with bending parts so wanted to see if anyone faced the same issue?
Thanks in Advance

If you could post pictures I could compare yours against mine.

#10604 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

How many production runs of the RR woz were there? Are they all the same or are the newer runs better somehow? thanks

I bought a new RR last fall. No idea about how many runs there have been. I believe several things are different. On my RR the computer is in the back box. Lights are newer. There are minor differences with the monkey mod parts. They improved some parts. Might be more that I am not aware of. Oh and the RR is just better. Ha ha ha

#10605 3 years ago

Thanks y’all. I did a final adjustment to where I thought it may hit the plastic and it worked!

#10606 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So just joined the WOZ club and took delivery of what I gather is a “Green Edition.” Absolutely love the game but have a fix that y’all may know the quick and easy answer to.
After the ball ejects from the castle and travels down the wire form towards the Toto outlane side.....about 25% of the time the ball will pop over the guide rail and drain into the Toto outlane. I adjusted the screw on the wire form as far “in” toward the flippers as it can go without hitting the plastic and still no luck.
I assume I need to bend the wire form or the metal rail that separates the out lane from the flipper lane?
I’m not too savvy with bending parts so wanted to see if anyone faced the same issue?
Thanks in Advance

lower the VUK power a little.

#10607 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Thanks in Advance

It's probably hitting the slingshot plastic, try moving the end of the wireform the ball rolls down out towards the outlane a little.

Edit: sorry just saw I was way behind and you have it fixed.

#10608 3 years ago

I wonder if anyone in the Dallas area would like their lightboards upgraded to 2.0?

I've done it twice now and it's a fairly enjoyable project for me. HMU

#10609 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wonder if anyone in the Dallas area would like their lightboards upgraded to 2.0?

I had fun doing my 2.0 upgrade too, I was thinking of offering the same here in the bay area, I really would enjoy doing another one.

#10610 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Please share your success story when you're done!

2.0 kit installed!!! 4 evenings and she’s done. Ready to play some games again.

20663AC1-DFEF-40B1-A2B4-822AB1C5326F (resized).jpeg20663AC1-DFEF-40B1-A2B4-822AB1C5326F (resized).jpeg
#10612 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I had fun doing my 2.0 upgrade too, I was thinking of offering the same here in the bay area, I really would enjoy doing another one.

Quoted from zaphX:

Quoted from adol75:

How about Pennsylvania???

#10613 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

How about Pennsylvania???

Too many vampires.

#10614 3 years ago

Hey folks, I just bought a 2019 rerelease RR WOZ (#707) with only 84 games played. It's mint in every way BUT... I got it home today, set it up, leveled it and in the middle of second game, it just powered off by itself. It won't turn back on. I've tried changing outlets but no luck.

this is my first JPP game and I am sort of bewildered. Is there a reset or fuses or something I should be looking for?

103315375_3357693270920950_1428143269183449316_o (resized).jpg103315375_3357693270920950_1428143269183449316_o (resized).jpg

#10615 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Hey folks, I just bought a 2019 rerelease RR WOZ (#707) with only 84 games played. It's mint in every way BUT... I got it home today, set it up, leveled it and in the middle of second game, it just powered off by itself. It won't turn back on. I've tried changing outlets but no luck.
this is my first JPP game and I am sort of bewildered. Is there a reset or fuses or something I should be looking for?
[quoted image]

Sounds stupid, but did you make sure the power plug didnt detach or come loose where it connects to the machine?

#10616 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sounds stupid, but did you make sure the power plug didnt detach or come loose where it connects to the machine?

Congrats on the great pickup! Have to start at layer one (I'm a networking guy) so not a stupid question. Assuming that's been checked look to see if any of the LEDs are on in the computer box and of course the main fuse in the power box where the power switch is.

#10617 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Congrats on the great pickup! Have to start at layer one (I'm a networking guy) so not a stupid question. Assuming that's been checked look to see if any of the LEDs are on in the computer box and of course the main fuse in the power box where the power switch is.

Thanks. Thats how I typically try to think about things. Start from the ground and work my way up. Often its something simple thats overlooked causing an issue.

#10618 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That's exactly what it seemed like happened. No leds on the computer board. Game is completely powered down. I called tech support and after some trial and error, it seems like the fuse assembly or power switch may be bad? The main fuse wasn't "locking in" to its receptacle. Tested on a meter and the fuse it good. I got it to power on for a split second while manipulating the black fuse cap but then nothing. Fuse still tests good.
I removed the metal plate/cover and everything appears normal under there.
i'm still baffled.

#10619 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

That's exactly what it seemed like happened. I called tech support and after some trial and error, it seems like the fuse assembly or power switch may be bad? The main fuse wasn't "locking in" to its receptacle. Tested on a meter and the fuse it good. I got it to power on for a split second while manipulating the black fuse cap but then nothing. Fuse still tests good.
I removed the metal plate/cover and everything appears normal under there.
i'm still baffled.

Hot-wire in a temporary in-line fuse holder so you can play it until you can replace the faulty one!

#10620 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hot-wire in a temporary in-line fuse holder so you can play it until you can replace the faulty one!

I would love to but I don't have one and honestly wouldn't know how to do that. I don't want to screw up my new game

#10621 3 years ago

Uggghhh so frustrating when you get a new game and you have major issues. I feel for ya.

#10622 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

could I just run an alligator jumper wire across the two connections (temporarily) on the back of the fuse assembly? Would that be relatively safe? I'm dying to play this game!
LOL

#10623 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

could I just run an alligator jumper wire across the two connections (temporarily) on the back of the fuse assembly? Would that be relatively safe? I'm dying to play this game!
LOL

Never a good idea to have 110VAC bare like it would be with an alligator clip, bare minimum you need to tape it up real well to prevent it from shorting to anything. If you don't feel comfortable working with it then it's probably best not to though I can certainly understand your pain. You have a meter, did you test the switch and fuse holder (with it unplugged!!!) using continuity test?

#10624 3 years ago

Frequently on a plunge, I hear a metal smack of the ball striking something. From my vantage point I can't see what it is.
Normal / expected WOZ behavior?

#10625 3 years ago

Not normal. Are you getting good plunges? If not, check out my posts #2129 and #2348.

#10626 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Not normal. Are you getting good plunges? If not, check out my posts #2129 and #2348.

Plunges seem fine - I'm able to skill shot to the OZ lanes, short-plunge to the upper flipper or rocket it through the orbit as I wish. Just sometimes there's a smack.

#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Plunges seem fine - I'm able to skill shot to the OZ lanes, short-plunge to the upper flipper or rocket it through the orbit as I wish. Just sometimes there's a smack.

Is the e clip on the shooter tip hitting the metal housing that has the lines indicating strength of plunge. If so, you may have to tighten the lockdown bar against the cabinet or check to see if anything has gotten bent.

#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is the e clip on the shooter tip hitting the metal housing that has the lines indicating strength of plunge. If so, you may have to tighten the lockdown bar against the cabinet or check to see if anything has gotten bent.

No, nothing like that, the shooter is fine. It's just the ball striking something in the upper right of the machine.

#10629 3 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the resolution/refresh rate of the WOZ video output? I'm trying to capture it for streaming and so far having no luck.

Using a VGA splitter -> VGA->HDMI adapter -> Avermedia Live Gamer Portable 2+ (my go-to for LCD captures.)

It couldn't see any signal.

#10630 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

[quoted image]
Has anyone had trouble with the mounting brackets in the Woz 2.0 light kits. I think the bracket was manufactured incorrectly compared to the pic in the instructions. Any workarounds anyone had to do?

Yes. They were manufactured wrong. Just went through there same thing, but made them work. No choice.

#10631 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, nothing like that, the shooter is fine. It's just the ball striking something in the upper right of the machine.

Last idea. Is the lower right corner of your munchkin playfield screwed down too tight, and is the ball hitting the edge of the cliffy? That happened to me once a long time ago. But, perhaps that’s not the right area that you’re describing.

If not, I give up.

#10632 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Frequently on a plunge, I hear a metal smack of the ball striking something. From my vantage point I can't see what it is.
Normal / expected WOZ behavior?

My WOZ plunger used to eat rubber tips like crazy. I finally replaced it and no longer have this issue. Anyway when the metal of the plunger hit the ball it was more of a click or plink sound than a smack. Just an idea.

#10633 3 years ago

Does anyone know the JJP parts phone number and if they are back in business after the C19 & Move close?

#10634 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Does anyone know the JJP parts phone number

Hasn't changed - 732-364-9900

I don't know if parts are set up yet from the move or how shipping them is going.

#10635 3 years ago

I have 2 issues on my 2019 re-release with just 85 total games on it.

1. The ball travels through the OZ rollovers and then get stuck on top of a kicker. It seems like there SHOULD be a rubber ring surrounding this kicker but there is not one. See pic. If it is indeed missing a rubber ring, how in the world can I get it on there! It is deep within the game. It seems like JJP workers forgot to put a rubber ring here. Don't they do any kind of quality control... like playing each game before boxing it up?

2. Rescue switch error. The right side of the door never opens... only the left opens. I assume the right side door should open right? What to do to fix it?

I need to thank LTG Lloyd for helping me restart the computer and get my game playable again. He's a huge help to the jjp community.

IMG_20200615_124832_copy_1728x1728 (resized).jpgIMG_20200615_124832_copy_1728x1728 (resized).jpg

#10636 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

1. The ball travels through the OZ rollovers and then get stuck on top of a kicker. It seems like there SHOULD be a rubber ring surrounding this kicker but there is not one. See pic. If it is indeed missing a rubber ring, how in the world can I get it on there! It is deep within the game. It seems like JJP workers forgot to put a rubber ring here. Don't they do any kind of quality control... like playing each game before boxing it up?

It probably broke. Turn that slingshot power down.

#10637 3 years ago

Thanks but how in the heck does an 8 month old game with just 85 plays break a ring?

And it's such a known issue that JPP has made a video on how consumers must fix it?!

Can't JPP redesign this area or at least double up on the rubbers here? Or maybe use titan rings or something?

#10638 3 years ago

LLoyd your restart method worked. thank you. JPP should put a reset switch on the coin door.

IMG_20200615_092118_copy_1382x1382 (resized).jpgIMG_20200615_092118_copy_1382x1382 (resized).jpg

#10639 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Thanks but how in the heck does an 8 month old game with just 85 plays break a ring?
And it's such a known issue that JPP has made a video on how consumers must fix it?!
Can't JPP redesign this area or at least double up on the rubbers here? Or maybe use titan rings or something?

Mine broke with less games and time on it than yours. You should feel lucky. You got more for your money!

I replaced mine and have not had any issues since. I never changed the kicker strength either.

#10640 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Rescue switch error. The right side of the door never opens... only the left opens. I assume the right side door should open right? What to do to fix it?

If you are referring to the double doors, I had issues with mine doors not opening shortly after buying it. With mine, I had to remove the playfield and tighten up the lock screws for the door shafts. No issues since tightening them.

I should add that both doors open and close simultaneously.

#10641 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Default on that slingshot rubber is too strong.

#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It probably broke. Turn that slingshot power down.

Does anybody know how many inches that ring is in the upper sling? I looked at mine and I have the power turned down but after about 80 plays it still seems like it won’t last much longer.

#10643 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Does anybody know how many inches that ring is in the upper sling? I looked at mine and I have the power turned down but after about 80 plays it still seems like it won’t last much longer.

E4A8DB4A-EB60-48E7-A225-649F446459E7 (resized).pngE4A8DB4A-EB60-48E7-A225-649F446459E7 (resized).png1D98EC70-A07A-4F57-9F0F-E7740A214DED (resized).png1D98EC70-A07A-4F57-9F0F-E7740A214DED (resized).png

#11 is 2”

#10644 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

2" white rubber is the factory default.

#10645 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Mine had a cut in it from the original install. It happens...

Its a very tight area near the metal siderail.

You have to stretch the rubber to thin it a bit when installing on that corner. Or risk a small cut.

Properly installed ir will last thousands of plays.

#10646 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

2.0 kit installed!!! 4 evenings and she’s done. Ready to play some games again.
[quoted image]

Congrats! You won't be happier. That 2.0 is worth the time and money. Well a free replacement would have been nice but that wasn't an option

#10647 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

My original rubber ring on my NIB in 2015 broke with less than 50 plays on it. I replaced it with a Titan and never looked back. Several thousand plays on it now.

#10648 3 years ago

There’s a short video run-through showing how to replace the upper sling rubber. You should be able to find it somewhere in this forum.

#10649 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

There’s a short video run-through showing how to replace the upper sling rubber. You should be able to find it somewhere in this forum.

Post 1036 above.

#10650 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I have 2 issues on my 2019 re-release with just 85 total games on it.
2. Rescue switch error. The right side of the door never opens... only the left opens. I assume the right side door should open right? What to do to fix it?
I need to thank LTG Lloyd for helping me restart the computer and get my game playable again. He's a huge help to the jjp community.
[quoted image]

Can you tell us what is needed to restart the computer if it stops working? Is this caused by the battery dying?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 24.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/213?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.