20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 306.
#10551 3 years ago

Here is the corner where it hangs and I don't see where the rubber should be. Just a GI light post.
What am I missing?

IMG_1214 (resized).JPGIMG_1214 (resized).JPG
#10552 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Here is the corner where it hangs and I don't see where the rubber should be. Just a GI light post.
What am I missing?
[quoted image]

That's exactly where I hang too.

#10553 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's exactly where I hang too.

Raise the back leg levelers up a few turns.

#10554 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Raise the back leg levelers up a few turns.

Yeah leveling is a problem because this game doesn't include the bubble level. I don't (yet) have a digital level, I'm buying one today for this reason.

And I don't care what anyone says, F PINGUY app. It was all over the map last night despite repeated calibrations. At one point it kept telling me the back was too low when the leg levelers were almost out of their sockets.

#10555 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah leveling is a problem because this game doesn't include the bubble level. I don't (yet) have a digital level, I'm buying one today for this reason.
And I don't care what anyone says, F PINGUY app. It was all over the map last night despite repeated calibrations. At one point it kept telling me the back was too low when the leg levelers were almost out of their sockets.

I wasted over an hour jacking things up and down chasing PinGuy's recommendations.

#10556 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Anybody have any reviews of this product?
I've always found this game in its stock state to already be chock full of features & toys & stuff, so I have interest in very few of the mods out there, especially the cosmetic-only mods.
But this functional mod sounds attractive & useful, so I'm curious to see what users think.
Thanks,
-Jason

I would give it a negative review I found the cut marks to make some of it less clear then the OG. Angling was not as easy as I would think you have to balance bet the ramp and your line of sight.

#10557 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I own a laser tape measure that includes a built in level. It works great for me. I have never tried any of the apps for my phone.

#10558 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not really an exact science but if your floor is level leave the front ones nearly all the way in, leaving just a little room for side to side adjustment. Then screw the back ones out about 1/2 way and you'll be between 6.6-6.8, this should be enough to help eliminate any ball-hangs.

#10559 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wasted over an hour jacking things up and down.

(That's never a waste, btw...)

#10560 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What am I missing?
[quoted image]

Thats a very different corner than what I was referring to.

Mine was under the munchkin playfield.

That one is easily corrected by raising the rear leg levelers and setting a playfiled pitch of 6.3 to 6.6 degrees I think.

Adjust flipper power so that either flipper can make the ramp from a cradled posistion and have the ball slow down slightly at the top.

It should decelerate up the ramp and smoothly yet consistantly roll through.

too fast and the ball flies off the wireform or pushes thru the lock bar.

#10561 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thats a very different corner than what I was referring to.
Mine was under the munchkin playfield.
That one is easily corrected by raising the rear leg levelers and setting a playfiled pitch of 6.3 to 6.6 degrees I think.
Adjust flipper power so that either flipper can make the ramp from a cradled posistion and have the ball slow down slightly at the top.
It should decelerate up the ramp and smoothly yet consistantly roll through.
too fast and the ball flies off the wireform or pushes thru the lock bar.

To my surprise my playfield was at 6 degrees. I have raised it to 6.6 degrees and two games at this new angle didn't produce a hanging ball. This issue may be solved. Thanks pinballinreno and @bobukcat.

On flipper strength where do you stand regarding the crystal ball Weak Flippers mode and the ability to make the ramp from a cradled position? My guess is this should not be able to happen. Thoughts?

#10562 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

To my surprise my playfield was at 6 degrees. I have raised it to 6.6 degrees and two games at this new angle didn't produce a hanging ball. This issue may be solved. Thanks pinballinreno and bobukcat.
On flipper strength where do you stand regarding the crystal ball Weak Flippers mode and the ability to make the ramp from a cradled position? My guess is this should not be able to happen. Thoughts?

Yes you can make the ramp in weak flippers.

It just takes a solid hit.

#10563 3 years ago

LTG your trough fix was spot on, thanks! As for my stuck ball I got a digital level and I think that issue is now gone.

I've just spent the last 11 hours installing the 2.0 light boards and it made a big improvement. A couple of shenanigans though.

1 - I clipped the crystal ball cable like an idiot and will need to order a new one
2 - I can't find a place to plug in the 4 pin Forest/Oz Lane harness that the instructions told me to set aside for plugging into WOZLED7. Is there supposed to be a cable in the kit connecting LED7 to the 4 pin? The wiring diagram implies as much (19-003049-00).

Before/After pics:

61301618981__DC4A3849-0DBA-42FD-8EB1-4B4519AABD67.jpeg61301618981__DC4A3849-0DBA-42FD-8EB1-4B4519AABD67.jpegIMG_0083.jpegIMG_0083.jpeg
#10564 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can't find a place to plug in the 4 pin Forest/Oz Lane harness that the instructions told me to set aside for plugging into WOZLED7.

To close this out...I was way overthinking it. The 4 pin made it to LED7 easily after clipping a couple zip ties, and once plugged in it’s working 100%.

#10565 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've just spent the last 11 hours installing the 2.0 light boards and it made a big improvement.

11 hours might be a record. Congratulations!

Can anyone beat that? I spent ~14 hours so not me.

#10566 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

11 hours might be a record. Congratulations!
Can anyone beat that? I spent ~14 hours so not me.

@Hogbogged did it in 6 which I was trying to beat

#10567 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

@Hogbogged did it in 6 which I was trying to beat

He should call Guinness.

#10568 3 years ago

Well, trying to speed up the process is what led me to make a mistake and kill my crystal ball, so...

#10569 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, trying to speed up the process is what led me to make a mistake and kill my crystal ball, so...

Ok. So in all fairness, you need to add the repair time back into your total.

#10570 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok. So in all fairness, you need to add the repair time back into your total.

Ok. Add 5 minutes plus whatever they charge me for the new cable.

#10571 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What am I missing?
[quoted image]

There is a 6 inch Mylar strip under there too which catches the ball as well as it rolls around the metal guide at the 90. I removed mine and waxed there. No more hang ups.

#10572 3 years ago

One evening in so far on my 2.0 swap. Old big boards out, new ones in, power wiring and data cabling out. 4 hours or so in, got a ways to go yet

FAC6EEE0-29D5-46A8-AAF8-ADB663AAC373 (resized).jpegFAC6EEE0-29D5-46A8-AAF8-ADB663AAC373 (resized).jpegD1C54730-F42F-4293-8AD1-923954608AD5 (resized).jpegD1C54730-F42F-4293-8AD1-923954608AD5 (resized).jpeg
#10573 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

There is a 6 inch Mylar strip under there too which catches the ball as well as it rolls around the metal guide at the 90. I removed mine and waxed there. No more hang ups.

As it turns out I am still getting stuck there so I’m probably in the same boat. Thanks for the tip!

#10574 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As it turns out I am still getting stuck there so I’m probably in the same boat. Thanks for the tip!

Was tricky to get at but I didn’t have to remove the munchkin play field. I worked it with long plastic tools from both the top and bottom. Once the bottom is going nicely, you can reach it from the right side of the play field and keep working it up and off towards the top of the play field.

#10575 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If a ball is getting hung on a myular edge, its an inertia problem.

The game is playing too slow, "floaty".

Too low of a playfield pitch or flippers too weak causes low inertia.

A slow playing game is easy to control, but low inertia causes all sorts of unintended issues.

Modern games thrive on an agressive stance.

Williams 70v flippers, high speed slings, agressive pop-bumpers etc. With this comes playfield wear and broken plastics etc.

Its a balancing act to get a game to play aggressive and yet controllable.

So, if its so slow that balls are hanging on the mylar protection, speed it up.

#10576 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If a ball is getting hung on a myular edge, its an inertia problem.
The game is playing too slow, "floaty".
Too low of a playfield pitch or flippers too weak causes low inertia.
A slow playing game is easy to control, but low inertia causes all sorts of unintended issues.
Modern games thrive on an agressive stance.
Williams 70v flippers, high speed slings, agressive pop-bumpers etc. With this comes playfield wear and broken plastics etc.
Its a balancing act to get a game to play aggressive and yet controllable.
So, if its so slow that balls are hanging on the mylar protection, speed it up.

3399ACA5-04AD-464B-BBE6-BA95F2FF46B9 (resized).jpeg3399ACA5-04AD-464B-BBE6-BA95F2FF46B9 (resized).jpeg
#10577 3 years ago

What’s your vector, Victor? The level should be pointed straight up and down the playfield.

#10578 3 years ago

Sorry for the obscure physics joke.

#10579 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've just spent the last 11 hours installing the 2.0 light boards and it made a big improvement.

If you're ever in the vicinity of Eastern Pennsylvania my friend I'd like to rent you for 11 hours for a job...

#10580 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Playfields are only kinda flat, some bends and bows.

measure in 3 places.
high, center and low.

Make the average about 6.4 to 6.6

#10581 3 years ago

Seeing that it’s my only machine as of now, any tips on these I’m gonna open it up I only have an hour I work tomro again I’d appreciate anything that will help me get through this fast .

F6D1A0C9-4770-4B1B-A85F-BC02CB53CCE2 (resized).jpegF6D1A0C9-4770-4B1B-A85F-BC02CB53CCE2 (resized).jpeg
#10582 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Seeing that it’s my only machine as of now, any tips on these I’m gonna open it up I only have an hour I work tomro again I’d appreciate anything that will help me get through this fast .
[quoted image]

I think some of these are switches that haven’t been hit in a while I had the rescue error and just had to bend the switch a little bit to get it to go away.

#10583 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I think some of these are switches that haven’t been hit in a while I had the rescue error and just had to bend the switch a little bit to get it to go away.

Thanks I’ll try it .

#10584 3 years ago

First just go into switch test mode and press the switches to see if they work. It could just be that you haven’t hit them in some time as Bmanpin said.

#10585 3 years ago

The castle VUK is likely an opto. Stick a pencil in it when in switch test mode to see if it triggers. Keep coin door open while you’re doing this.

#10586 3 years ago

Context: Winkie target too low causing stuck balls

Quoted from LTG:

Bottom of the assembly. Loosen the nut, turn screw up or down to adjust the drop target as needed.

I adjusted this last night - no more stuck balls but now the game was telling me to hit the Winkie when he's already down. For cataloguing the fix for future searchers: if you adjust Winkie's hight you might also need to adjust the microswitch that triggers when he is down. There are two screws on the switch, the right one has a wide channel so you can loosen it and aim the switch assembly to the sweet spot. Very nice design, no bending of the switch arm here.

#10587 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The castle VUK is likely an opto. Stick a pencil in it when in switch test mode to see if it triggers. Keep coin door open while you’re doing this.

Not sure what opto means or where to poke it .Im going to try again tonight when home I cleared the tnplh the others for castle no luck .Im working on my pinball lingo Lmao

#10588 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not sure what opto means or where to poke it .Im going to try again tonight when home I cleared the tnplh the others for castle no luck .Im working on my pinball lingo Lmao

An opto is an optical switch that emits a light on one side and has a sensor on another. When you break the beam, so to speak, it triggers.

I always get confused with what closed means for an opto. I think it means that the beam is not broken. So likely same issue. You haven’t nailed the shot behind the castle doors in a while. Stick a pencil in the VUK hole to try to trigger it.

#10589 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not sure what opto means

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Opto_Switches or any parts supplier search for opto.

Page C-25 in the WOZ manual item #3

LTG : )

#10590 3 years ago

Thanks to all try tonight

#10591 3 years ago

88709C8F-F57D-473A-8D19-0C7F2EDB6053 (resized).jpeg88709C8F-F57D-473A-8D19-0C7F2EDB6053 (resized).jpeg
Has anyone had trouble with the mounting brackets in the Woz 2.0 light kits. I think the bracket was manufactured incorrectly compared to the pic in the instructions. Any workarounds anyone had to do?

#10592 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

[quoted image]
Has anyone had trouble with the mounting brackets in the Woz 2.0 light kits. I think the bracket was manufactured incorrectly compared to the pic in the instructions. Any workarounds anyone had to do?

Mine had the studs on top.

Do you think you can still use them though? Height wise you'll still have plenty of space to clear the rollovers that use them. The fish paper should provide electrical insulation against shorting on the bracket. (Could wrap it in e-tape before adding the fish paper + board if you wanted to be 100% sure.)

#10593 3 years ago

How many production runs of the RR woz were there? Are they all the same or are the newer runs better somehow? thanks

#10594 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

How many production runs of the RR woz were there? Are they all the same or are the newer runs better somehow? thanks

Only difference I am aware of is that the newer runs have the 2.0 lighting system. Not sure which date they switched.

#10595 3 years ago

Mine had the studs on top.
Do you think you can still use them though? Height wise you'll still have plenty of space to clear the rollovers that use them. The fish paper should provide electrical insulation against shorting on the bracket. (Could wrap it in e-tape before adding the fish paper + board if you wanted to be 100% sure.)</block-quote>
The solder points on the board keep it from sitting flat nicely. I am concerned about shorting the board too. I’d prefer to get the proper brackets. Might consider buying longer screws and standing off somehow with washers or nuts? We’ll hear what JJP says I guess, I emailed the parts department. Thanks for the feedback.

#10596 3 years ago

I’m finally getting a day soon to work on my WOZRR.To all thanks for the help .I received the rubber sling for below the lanes ,trying to order led strip for OZ they’re out of stock have video clips for both but the one thing I can’t find is how to replace a LED board in this case for rainbow.Ive been holding off on ordering as had someone over to get downstairs and run through it told me there might be a fix (NB stay red that’s all the problem)but havnt heard back.Wondering if anyone has info on a fix for that or if I need to replace a good video on how to do so .Thanks again also ordered some mods for game as this one is going nowhwhere !!

#10597 3 years ago

I think this nut and bold assembly will stand it off like intended. Fingers crossed

3495112D-2611-47A4-9A1F-36EF0153218C (resized).jpeg3495112D-2611-47A4-9A1F-36EF0153218C (resized).jpeg
#10598 3 years ago

Double post

#10599 3 years ago

So just joined the WOZ club and took delivery of what I gather is a “Green Edition.” Absolutely love the game but have a fix that y’all may know the quick and easy answer to.

After the ball ejects from the castle and travels down the wire form towards the Toto outlane side.....about 25% of the time the ball will pop over the guide rail and drain into the Toto outlane. I adjusted the screw on the wire form as far “in” toward the flippers as it can go without hitting the plastic and still no luck.

I assume I need to bend the wire form or the metal rail that separates the out lane from the flipper lane?

I’m not too savvy with bending parts so wanted to see if anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks in Advance

#10600 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I’m not too savvy with bending parts

Raise it up a bit with washers or a spacer.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

14,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 24.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/212?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.