BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 305.
#10501 3 years ago

So being a new ECLE owner what mods are highly recommended to get and through who? I searched Google for WoZ mods and it seems everybody and their sister made mods as well as the same ones.

I currently have Steve's Crystal Ball and soon to be Witch 2.0 mod coming.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Terrific news. The dvi monitor works with woz.... the bad news? The fucking screen came broken. It doesn't look broken until you plug it in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks! Was looking forward to seeing how this panned out.

#10502 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Terrific news. The dvi monitor works with woz.... the bad news? The fucking screen came broken. It doesn't look broken until you plug it in.

Unbelievable. Did you get it from JJP?

#10503 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Unbelievable. Did you get it from JJP?

Twisted quarter. Already emailed them and filed a claim with FedEx

#10504 3 years ago

Hi! Woz newb here! I just got the ruby red 75th can anyone tell me why I am getting 2 balls in the shooter lane? I have six balls that’s what it says to install but I when I hit start 2 get put into the shooter lane!
7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg7CB00E97-64FA-4617-BF90-F39969662F47 (resized).jpeg

#10505 3 years ago

I believe it’s 5 balls installed.

#10506 3 years ago

Yep. 5 ball, not 6.

#10507 3 years ago

Bust out that wallet!!! Lmao you can get a nice threesome for that price .Better come w guitar ,hat,front row w passes next show and a cameo in next video!!

2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png2FB562F8-3E26-48B4-AE9D-AA54109AF560 (resized).png
#10508 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yep. 5 ball, not 6.

I appreciate the insight guys are the best I swear underneath the lockdown bar it says install six balls no wonder I am having a problem why would it say install six balls? I’m going to take one out.

#10509 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I appreciate the insight guys are the best I swear underneath the lockdown bar it says install six balls no wonder I am having a problem why would it say install six balls? I’m going to take one out.

6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg6F805F78-5374-4296-BB2A-9C76C00B141E (resized).jpeg
#10510 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

[quoted image]

Someone grabbed the wrong sticker by mistake.

#10511 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Bust out that wallet!!! Lmao you can get a nice threesome for that price .Better come w guitar ,hat,front row w passes next show and a cameo in next video!!
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that was at 25,000 for a while. Sheesh!

#10512 3 years ago

Hey all posted before with no luck but looking for input on mods.... what mods people feel are a must and most importantly who to purchase from. Finding the same mods are sold by different places with price ranging all over the place! (i.e. lighted balloon mod sells for 24.99 on Mezel's site but also on Pinballmods site for 38.00).

The machine I have (ECLE) came with a set of castle walls that appear to be made of foam-like material and painted. Not sure who made them but wonder if there's a better set out there?

#10513 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hey all posted before with no luck but looking for input on mods.... what mods people feel are a must and most importantly who to purchase from.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/the-wizard-of-oz-jjp

LTG : )

#10514 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. Saw their doors n spot lamp. Here’s a picture of what came with my machine. Any idea as to who made these walls and door?

81396B64-6787-41DB-85AE-E17DD921A049 (resized).jpeg81396B64-6787-41DB-85AE-E17DD921A049 (resized).jpeg

#10515 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks Lloyd. Saw their doors n spot lamp. Here’s a picture of what came with my machine. Any idea as to who made these walls and door?
[quoted image]

Early modfather walls and witch well.

#10516 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hey all posted before with no luck but looking for input on mods.... what mods people feel are a must and most importantly who to purchase from. Finding the same mods are sold by different places with price ranging all over the place! (i.e. lighted balloon mod sells for 24.99 on Mezel's site but also on Pinballmods site for 38.00).
The machine I have (ECLE) came with a set of castle walls that appear to be made of foam-like material and painted. Not sure who made them but wonder if there's a better set out there?

IMO no mods are really a must for games except protection mods like Cliffys.

#10517 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

[quoted image]

Looks like your game looks pretty good as is. For me the only Must have for WOZ is additional lighting. How you choose to implement is your call as there are many great options out there but I will say this game truly pops (art esp) with better lighting. Good luck and congrats on an awesome game!

#10518 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Early modfather walls and witch well.

Thanks!

Quoted from Rager170:

IMO no mods are really a must for games except protection mods like Cliffys.

Yeah I am not a big mod person but I like ones that add some subtle ones or ones that enhance the game like the lights in the tree eyes or the castle walls. Thanks for the post!

Cliffy set came with the game so I will install them!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like your game looks pretty good as is. For me the only Must have for WOZ is additional lighting. How you choose to implement is your call as there are many great options out there but I will say this game truly pops (art esp) with better lighting. Good luck and congrats on an awesome game!

Yeah I am on the fence with this one, as previously posted, I am not a bi fan of the Pinstadium but have seen them installed on this game and they looked very good. I like the fact you can adjust the lighting as well but the fact you have to remove them anytime you want to lift the playfield is a drawback.

Actually have the PinballBulbs kit, came with the game, but don't like the fact that it's adding numerous spotlights....just my preference! So if anyone wants to buy the PinballBulbs kit (still sealed) PM me.

#10519 3 years ago

Has anyone installed Pingraffix art blades to their WoZ? I just got them in the mail and am looking for install opinions. My ghostbusters was super easy. Unplugged 3 connectors and took the entire playfield out. WoZ has a lot more connectors.

Thoughts?

#10520 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Has anyone installed Pingraffix art blades to their WoZ? I just got them in the mail and am looking for install opinions. My ghostbusters was super easy. Unplugged 3 connectors and took the entire playfield out. WoZ has a lot more connectors.
Thoughts?

I can only recommend removing the playfield. I have ruined so many sets trying to put them in with the playfield in, that I have completely given up on doing it any other way.

#10521 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks!

Yeah I am not a big mod person but I like ones that add some subtle ones or ones that enhance the game like the lights in the tree eyes or the castle walls. Thanks for the post!
Cliffy set came with the game so I will install them!

Yeah I am on the fence with this one, as previously posted, I am not a bi fan of the Pinstadium but have seen them installed on this game and they looked very good. I like the fact you can adjust the lighting as well but the fact you have to remove them anytime you want to lift the playfield is a drawback.
Actually have the PinballBulbs kit, came with the game, but don't like the fact that it's adding numerous spotlights....just my preference! So if anyone wants to buy the PinballBulbs kit (still sealed) PM me.

Lol sounds like we were on the same start path... I also had the Pin bulbs kit with my machine and for me personally having so many chrome spot lamps everywhere just detracted from the Incredible theme aspect of this game. I personally opted to do the PS lights on this game and have been Really pleased. Tough (expensive) pill to swallow but on This title they paid for themselves. Not promoting just my opinion. As for removing them, Hopefully you will spend more time enjoying this Amazing game and less time lifting the hood but popping them off really only takes a few seconds honestly. Don't love it but not really a life challenge. There are several DIY variations also on this forum if your prefer. Good luck!

#10522 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I can only recommend removing the playfield. I have ruined so many sets trying to put them in with the playfield in, that I have completely given up on doing it any other way.

My wife and I just worked on putting Pingraffix art blades on her WOZ. Got one side done and saved the other side for another day. I have to say, what a huge P.I.T.A. Wrinkled, had to use a blow dryer to try to even them out when installing. There were some small folds we just have to live with because it wouldn’t go on straight otherwise. Managed to hide the couple folds pretty well. I put Stern blades on Ghostbusters and it was so much easier. Not looking forward to putting the other side on.

#10523 3 years ago

Ok. SUCCESS IN PINGRAFFIX BLADES!! So, I pulled the playfield toward me until the furthest back rubber sat on the lock down bar area (lockdown bar removed of course). I propped up the back of the playfield above the height of the side rails. Then there it was! Fully available side to stick to. I use basic small clamps from harbor freight and “lock” it in place. Then I slowly peel away the back and stick on. No wrinkle. Just perfect!

26AD9A6C-227A-4E23-8AE9-F6E038D99984.jpeg26AD9A6C-227A-4E23-8AE9-F6E038D99984.jpeg5E3BAD25-C8AC-4EE6-BFE4-6C6BDC1FD235.jpeg5E3BAD25-C8AC-4EE6-BFE4-6C6BDC1FD235.jpeg
#10524 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “This Wizard of Oz playfield is a "Production Reject" because of a "minor" mark on it. The mark is just above the "O" in "OZ" and to the left of the magnet hole. The playfield ha...”
2020-06-02
Vienna, VA
225 (Firm)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 423 times

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

My wife and I just worked on putting Pingraffix art blades on her WOZ. Got one side done and saved the other side for another day. I have to say, what a huge P.I.T.A. Wrinkled, had to use a blow dryer to try to even them out when installing. There were some small folds we just have to live with because it wouldn’t go on straight otherwise. Managed to hide the couple folds pretty well. I put Stern blades on Ghostbusters and it was so much easier. Not looking forward to putting the other side on.

I hear ya. I did the GB ones also by removing the playfield. WOZ isnt one that I want to remove. I have a set at home that I have basically said ill never put on as I know they will get ruined haha.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10526 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

For an additional cost, you can get a set of Pinstadium's "Hovers", which make it so you no longer need to remove them to lift the play field. I got these and it solved that issue.

#10527 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

For an additional cost, you can get a set of Pinstadium's "Hovers", which make it so you no longer need to remove them to lift the play field. I got these and it solved that issue.

Did they install okay on WOZ? I've thought about ordering them but I honestly don't find it that bad to remove the magnet mounted ones now that I remember to do it each time.

#10528 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Ok. SUCCESS IN PINGRAFFIX BLADES!! So, I pulled the playfield toward me until the furthest back rubber sat on the lock down bar area (lockdown bar removed of course). I propped up the back of the playfield above the height of the side rails. Then there it was! Fully available side to stick to. I use basic small clamps from harbor freight and “lock” it in place. Then I slowly peel away the back and stick on. No wrinkle. Just perfect!

I noticed in this picture that you removed the witches tube and put in trees. I had the same idea but never could find trees to fit well.

Can I ask where you got them from?

#10529 3 years ago

Also,

I know the two people who make the castle walls are Modfather and Back Alley Creations. Back Alley doesnt offer a witches well.

Any thoughts on whos are better? They both look nice.

#10530 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed in this picture that you removed the witches tube and put in trees. I had the same idea but never could find trees to fit well.
Can I ask where you got them from?

I bought these trees off amazon. They were around $12 and came in a 28 pack. Only needed 3 or so. Couldn’t stand the witch’s tube. Not once have they trapped the ball or blocked anything. If you’re near Phoenix you can have a couple of trees for free! Haha. Prop up your playfield and do the side art stickers. Looks incredible and is easy if you do what I did in the pictures I posted.

361049C4-30C2-4576-B31A-23180E227166.jpeg361049C4-30C2-4576-B31A-23180E227166.jpeg
#10531 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I bought these trees off amazon. They were around $12 and came in a 28 pack. Only needed 3 or so. Couldn’t stand the witch’s tube. Not once have they trapped the ball or blocked anything. If you’re near Phoenix you can have a couple of trees for free! Haha. Prop up your playfield and do the side art stickers. Looks incredible and is easy if you do what I did in the pictures I posted.
[quoted image]

Very nice of you but unfortunately I live in CT. Ill try to track them down on amazon.

What did you use to prop up the playfield to prevent it from falling forward or back?

#10532 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Very nice of you but unfortunately I live in CT. Ill try to track them down on amazon.
What did you use to prop up the playfield to prevent it from falling forward or back?

I use small flat priorty mail boxes set onto the cab internal rear side rails.

You can also just stack a couple cardboard boxes of a suitable height in the center of the cab tucked under the rear edge.

Be very careful not to tip the playfield out of the game.

If i do this, i wrap a phone book in a bath towel and set it on the rear of the playfield to give it a little more weight.

#10533 3 years ago

If i do this, i wrap a phone book in a bath towel and set it on the rear of the playfield to give it a little more weight.

I wonder how many people have a phone book in their home these days. Probably more than I would guess.

#10534 3 years ago

I use small flat priorty mail boxes set onto the cab internal rear side rails.
You can also just stack a couple cardboard boxes of a suitable height in the center of the cab tucked under the rear edge.
Be very careful not to tip the playfield out of the game.

Great idea! I wouldnt have thought to use boxes like that.

Thanks!!

#10535 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I wonder how many people have a phone book in their home these days. Probably more than I would guess.

Do you know I keep getting them in my mail and they immediately go to recycling. I havent looked at a phone book since the 90s lol. Jeez, save the trees already!

#10536 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did they install okay on WOZ? I've thought about ordering them but I honestly don't find it that bad to remove the magnet mounted ones now that I remember to do it each time.

Yeah, they installed fine. You get a total of 6 Hovers, 3 per side.. 2 short, 2 medium, and 2 long. You only need to actually use 2 of the 3 per side and with WOZ, I used the 2 short and 2 mediums. I did not need (and couldn't use) the 2 long ones due to the upper playfields. Here are photos of where I have them attached. You see the front 2 from the sides, but from the player's perspective, you really do not notice them at all. And with the 2 on each side in these positions, there is plenty of support and never a need to remove anything when you lift the playfield.

woz1 (resized).jpgwoz1 (resized).jpgwoz2 (resized).jpgwoz2 (resized).jpgwoz3 (resized).jpgwoz3 (resized).jpgwoz4 (resized).jpgwoz4 (resized).jpg

#10537 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I hear ya. I did the GB ones also by removing the playfield. WOZ isnt one that I want to remove. I have a set at home that I have basically said ill never put on as I know they will get ruined haha.

I installed a set on my game. Wasn’t looking forward to it but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I pulled the playfield out of the game, and laid it gently on the front of game. Blades went on smoothly, then put playfield back. It wasn’t that bad to move, and I’m not the strongest chap. You can do it my friend!

#10538 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For me the only Must have for WOZ is additional lighting. How you choose to implement is your call as there are many great options out there but I will say this game truly pops (art esp) with better lighting.

I think I'm in the minority. The stock lighting pleases me.

The only exception was putting in a lit Winkie target. It was completely impossible for me to see if the stock black target was up or down. This affected gameplay, so it was a priority for me.

Thanks,
-Jason

#10539 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I think I'm in the minority. The stock lighting pleases me.
The only exception was putting in a lit Winkie target. It was completely impossible for me to see if the stock black target was up or down. This affected gameplay, so it was a priority for me.
Thanks,
-Jason

I agree and did the same with the winkie target. Its a great mod!

#10540 3 years ago

Hey all, proud owner of ECLE #930!

I’m doing the usual “tweak out the issues” things and I’m having a few problems. I’m hoping some of these are well known with well known answers.

1. The trough is struggling quite a bit. I’ve tried increasing and decreasing the coil power. I am not sure about the game leveling; it is level side to side but no idea on front to back because there’s no bubble on this game. That pinguy app everyone raves out is terrible and gave me a different answer every time. After fighting it for an hour I gave up. I’ll buy a digital level.

2. I’m seeing stuck balls on the right orbit just above the munchkinland where there is a right angle metal rail there. I do not believe the balls are magnetized - they are brand new from Titan - common issue?

3. Lastly, when the Winkie target is down, it’s too low and creates a place for the ball to stick. Adjustable?

Thanks everyone!

#10541 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey all, proud owner of ECLE #930!
I’m doing the usual “tweak out the issues” things and I’m having a few problems. I’m hoping some of these are well known with well known answers.
1. The trough is struggling quite a bit. I’ve tried increasing and decreasing the coil power. I am not sure about the game leveling; it is level side to side but no idea on front to back because there’s no bubble on this game. That pinguy app everyone raves out is terrible and gave me a different answer every time. After fighting it for an hour I gave up. I’ll buy a digital level.
2. I’m seeing stuck balls on the right orbit just above the munchkinland where there is a right angle metal rail there. I do not believe the balls are magnetized - they are brand new from Titan - common issue?
3. Lastly, when the Winkie target is down, it’s too low and creates a place for the ball to stick. Adjustable?
Thanks everyone!

I can answer the pin guy app.
First remove your phone case if you have one
Make sure you calibrate it properly. Flat surface hit the button gently so the phone doesn't move
Put the phone on the playfield and don't touch it.
Keep the sound off and continue levelling until it all goes green.
Once all green remove the phone put the glass back and use pin guy again to set the glass level.

And the stuck ball I don't have the problem but someone else posted that there can be a piece of mylar there that can block the ball

#10542 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Bottom of the assembly. Loosen the nut, turn screw up or down to adjust the drop target as needed.

Quoted from zaphX:

1. The trough is struggling quite a bit.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Quoted from zaphX:

2. I’m seeing stuck balls on the right orbit just above the munchkinland where there is a right angle metal rail there. I do not believe the balls are magnetized -

Hold a paper clip to them to check.

#10543 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bottom of the assembly. Loosen the nut, turn screw up or down to adjust the drop target as needed.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Hold a paper clip to them to check.

Thank you very much for the quick help Lloyd!

#10544 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m seeing stuck balls on the right orbit just above the munchkinland where there is a right angle metal rail there. I do not believe the balls are magnetized - they are brand new from Titan - common issue?

This happens on my RRWOZ with a medium to soft plunge. The ball will stop at the mylar edge. Some have gone ahead and mylar'd the whole area below the OZ lanes to solve the problem.
I have also seen posts that there is a rubber that is doing the blocking.
I just lean forward and with my hands on either side of the machine right where the ball is and give it a good side to side shake. This frees the ball without tilting.

#10545 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This happens on my RRWOZ with a medium to soft plunge. The ball will stop at the mylar edge. Some have gone ahead and mylar'd the whole area below the OZ lanes to solve the problem.
I have also seen posts that there is a rubber that is doing the blocking.
I just lean forward and with my hands on either side of the machine right where the ball is and give it a good side to side shake. This frees the ball without tilting.

For a couple years I thought it was the mylar edge.

Pinballgoddess is an expert at getting a ball to hang up, seconds into a perfectly adjusted game, lol.
She would hang a ball there every other game.

Taking pity on her (and out of frustration), I pulled out the mini playfield and couldnt get a ball to settle on the mylar edge at all.

But I did notice to the left, at the end of the dorothy lane there is a rubber that gets kicked up out of its notch, way up against the plastic.

When this happens, the ball easily rests in a little nook that appears, without the rubber there to fill the area.

With the rubber properly positioned its impossible for the ball to hang there, unless the mylar is so worn that its peeling up terribly.

My game has a lot of plays on it (1.5 million flips in the audits) and the mylar is flat and smooth.

#10546 3 years ago

For a couple years I thought it was the mylar edge.
I pulled out the mini playfield and couldnt get a ball to settle on the mylar edge at all.
But I did notice to the left, at the end of the dorothy lane there is a rubber that gets kicked up out of its notch, way up against the plastic.
When this happens, the ball easily rests in a little nook that appears, without the rubber there to fill the area.
With the rubber properly positioned its impossible for the ball to hang there, unless the mylar is so worn that its peeling up terribly.
My game has a lot of plays on it (1.5 million flips in the audits) and the mylar is flat and smooth.

For me it looked like it was landing right on the metal corner there.

#10547 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For me it looked like it was landing right on the metal corner there.

That metal corner is supposed to have a rubber to fill the corner.
If the rubber is high the corner allows a ball to rest.

If the rubber is in its notch, the ball cant rest there any more.

Its very easy to overlook, as all seems normal looking at it from the top.

The rubber is only up about 1/4" and looks perfectly normal.

It fooled me for years.

#10548 3 years ago

and the mylar is flat and smooth.

Mine is flat and smooth as well. Do you have to remove the playfield to find/fix the rubber?

#10549 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Mine is flat and smooth as well. Do you have to remove the playfield to find/fix the rubber?

I have readjusted it a couple times now.

The sling action is what moves it up from the constant bouncing.

You do not have to remove anything to push the rubber down!

Just poke your finger in there and shove it back down or use a smooth probe of some sort.

I use a lot of Popsicle sticks and wooden spoons as tools.

You can reach it from the top, below the sling to the left, at the end of a plastic there, in the corner.

#10550 3 years ago

I have readjusted it a couple times now.
The sling action is what moves it up from the constant bouncing.
You do not have to remove anything to push the rubber down!
Just poke your finger in there and shove it back down or use a smooth probe of some sort.
I use a lot of Popsicle sticks and wooden spoons as tools.

Alright
I'm gonna give it another shot. It would be great to have this solved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/211?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.