image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 306.
#1001 8 years ago

I noticed two things today on my new woz. Shaker motor seems to be a little noisy, kind of a scratching noise. Possibly hitting cover? I removed cover and tightened screws, so what could it be? Second, I here and feel a loud thud in the middle of some games. Does knocker fire during gameplay based on achievements?

#1002 8 years ago

Can you all help with recommendations on where to buy one new for a great price, BUT with confirmed great service after the sell? I'm especially looking for excellent tech support because this would be my first pin. Lastly, if you know someone who is sadly having to sell their 75th Anniversary (only one I want) then are they a reliable seller? I SOOOOOoOO want to join this forum!

I just remodeled my office into a man cave yesterday by closing in a wall for this pin!

#1003 8 years ago
Quoted from GorfFan:

Can you all help with recommendations on where to buy one new for a great price, BUT with confirmed great service after the sell? I'm especially looking for excellent tech support because this would be my first pin. Lastly, if you know someone who is sadly having to sell their 75th Anniversary (only one I want) then are they a reliable seller? I SOOOOOoOO want to join this forum!
I just remodeled my office into a man cave yesterday by closing in a wall for this pin!

If you can use a volt meter you should be OK. Tech support at JJP is excellent and they can guide you through any problems. Try Joe at Pinballstar.

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I noticed two things today on my new woz. Shaker motor seems to be a little noisy, kind of a scratching noise. Possibly hitting cover? I removed cover and tightened screws, so what could it be? Second, I here and feel a loud thud in the middle of some games. Does knocker fire during gameplay based on achievements?

The knocker fires if you reach the free game score threshold that fluctuates based on scores as a default setting. Probably your loud thud. For the shaker, I'd take the cover off and run it in test to eliminate any cover issues. Good luck, it's a fantastic game!! Best game all time? It's close if not the best!

#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you can use a volt meter you should be OK. Tech support at JJP is excellent and they can guide you through any problems. Try Joe at Pinballstar.

I second the Joe vote. He's awesome, great communication and good follow through post-sale.

#1006 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

contact jjp support, you might need a new shaker

#1007 8 years ago

I finally got a few games on my green after setting it all up. I LOVE it. Amazing machine and the only pin I own that has caught the eye of my female staff.

Quite the process. Scratched the crap out of the leg powder coat with the slighted touch with the wrench!! Is there a touch up kit? My powder coat was soft to the touch. Could almost dent it with my fingernail. I'm a little worried about the green wireforms!

Anyway, I love it. Has to be the best game ever. Or very close. I own tz, mmr, ij (Williams) swde, Pinbot, Sttng, and this is on par or way better than all.

Anyone have an in depth rule and scoring guide? Right now I'm just practicing shots but I'll get there.

#1008 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have an in depth rule and scoring guide? Right now I'm just practicing shots but I'll get there.

Then a flowchart on page 20 of the manual.
WozRules_(resized).jpgWozRules_(resized).jpg
src:
http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_0_June_2014.pdf

Granted, because I'm guilty of being a non-manual-referencing dude, we didn't know this for the first week of ownership and snapped iPhone photos of the on-screen / attract mode version instead and used those.

This thread, I thought, was a good starting point aside from the manual's overview stuff:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rulesheet-written

There were a couple of decent youtubers out there too, sorry I don't have those links handy ATM.

#1009 8 years ago

Thanks! Any idea about a touch up kit?

#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I would contact JJP directly.

#1011 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That soft to the touch powder coat is not right...I'd definitely inquire about that!

#1012 8 years ago

I would definitely contact them about legs. Get pics of the new green machine. My family has all said woz is our family favorite, and that is saying a bunch beings I have acdc and metallica in the collection. Love it. I'm not uploading 5.05 though with the bugs I've read about. I'm waiting for 6.0

#1013 8 years ago

This question has probably been asked before, but does WOZ usually run at the list price or will distributors quote for less like is seen with Stern games. And if so, is it a pretty decent amount less like Stern is?

#1014 8 years ago

From my recent search, it looks like dealers are all pretty consistent on price. I only found one dealer offer a RR at 9k shopped (automated services). Most were 9.25-9.5k and didn't figure in shipping. With stern, my metallica search rendered a much bigger fluctuation in price when calling around.

#1015 8 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

This thread, I thought, was a good starting point aside from the manual's overview stuff:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rulesheet-written
There were a couple of decent youtubers out there too, sorry I don't have those links handy ATM.

I think this thread is a bit more complete rulesheet wise (but I may be biased and readily admit to borrowing heavily from the thread you mentioned): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2

And the video I think you are referencing is linked to from here --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/19#post-2762475

#1016 8 years ago

Wow! I just put up my personal best and GC score of $681,000. Had one killer ball where I was able Stack a lights on crystal ball, munchkin mode, and castle multi ball. I also made it to the witch battle (I think) here each white shot increased the jackpot. What else was I supposed to do in that mode? I don't think I I beat her.
In that same game I had a bonus of 249k. I had a friend over watching who is getting ready to buy his first pin so it was awesome to see him go crazy too.

#1017 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow! I just put up my personal best and GC score of $681,000. Had one killer ball where I was able Stack a lights on crystal ball, munchkin mode, and castle multi ball. I also made it to the witch battle (I think) here each white shot increased the jackpot. What else was I supposed to do in that mode? I don't think I I beat her.
In that same game I had a bonus of 249k. I had a friend over watching who is getting ready to buy his first pin so it was awesome to see him go crazy too.

Every time you hit a white shot it turns red. Hit 4 white or red shots to advance to the next stage. The more white shots you turned red the higher your jackpot is. Lock a ball in the castle VUK, then combo ramp to witch via the munchkin playfield to melt her. Enjoy the rewarding mode after that...discover that for yourself.

#1018 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

From my recent search, it looks like dealers are all pretty consistent on price. I only found one dealer offer a RR at 9k shopped (automated services). Most were 9.25-9.5k and didn't figure in shipping. With stern, my Metallica search rendered a much bigger fluctuation in price when calling around.

How long ago was this $9,000 price with shipping?

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow! I just put up my personal best and GC score of $681,000

WOZ is unusual with it's low scoring but have they changed it again now scoring in $'s
Lol sorry couldn't resist.

#1020 8 years ago

With my winnings I just purchased 50 new pins

#1021 8 years ago

#1022 8 years ago

I have played this at a friends house. Its simply amazing. Im a fan of the machine. I dont own one but would like to be in the WOZ appreciation club.

To really get and idea of how good this pin is you need someone to show you all the modes and tips etc how the game plays.

Did i say AMAZING!

#1023 8 years ago

I recently installed Pinball Bulbs brightening kit. It really made a huge difference in playing with lights off. The only thing I wish that came factory. Well done PB!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1024 8 years ago

All i have to say is I WANNTTS IT"S....drooool...drooool....drooool!

#1025 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I recently installed Pinball Bulbs brightening kit. It really made a huge difference in playing with lights off. The only thing I wish that came factory. Well done PB!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice throne room mod...

#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Nice throne room mod...

Yes, I apologize for not mentioning it! Finishes off it perfectly!

#1027 8 years ago

Been playing mine a bit the last few days. I seem be able to melt the witch with some regularity now. A long way from sotr but maybe some day...

#1028 8 years ago

What do you guys have the "Ball Save" setting set to?

#1029 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

#1030 8 years ago

That's what I have mine at too, but I was playing last night and it seemed like I was getting drain after drain. So I was thinking about setting it so I get to use the flippers at least one during the ball...

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Mine is set at 5.

#1032 8 years ago

If I understand correctly, JJP has finished making WOZ's, so they can transition to TH, can anyone confirm this, and also does anyone know how many WOZ's were made in total?

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

If I understand correctly, JJP has finished making WOZ's, so they can transition to TH, can anyone confirm this, and also does anyone know how many WOZ's were made in total?

I've heard from two reliable distributors that this is the case.

Don't know total numbers though. My guess is around 3k

#1034 8 years ago

Hi Woz owners. Not sure if I've introduced myself but I'm new in the club a few weeks ago. Love my green standard Woz. I have a couple questions though.

I have a standard playfield light leftover from another pin I bought from pinball bulbs or someplace like that. Is there any place I can hook it in to get it powered? It looks like standard bulbs. It has long wires with alligator clips. Can I just strip some wires below the playfield that lead to playfield lighting (there's a nice lamp that seems to light the munchkin playfield) and clip it in? Or onto a board? These are likely dumb questions, but thanks for your help.

My monkey ball capture seems to rarely work lately. Most times on a weak shot, the monkey comes down before the ball even gets to the magnet and leaves with nothing. Other times it drops the ball in the lock and the ball just rolls out. I then have an unexpected multiball. Anyone have this problem? Seems to be since I updated code, but I updated very early, so I didn't have a firm grasp on pre-update play.

#1035 8 years ago

Welcome and congratulations!
Once you trigger the switches on the orbit the monkey will come down regardless of whether the ball is at the magnet.
If the ball is falling from the lock back down onto the playfield I had the same problem, where the ball drops and activates the switch (from monkey to upper playfield), there is a rubber strip on the R/H side of the switch as you stand at the machine that I found was too firm so it was replaced with a strip of adhesive foam (much softer) cut to size. Ball never bounced out since. I'm sure someone more apt with the lighting will give better advise than me so I'll leave that one. Never had an unexpected multiball the way you have explained.

#1036 8 years ago

Hi Woz fans. Newish owner. Trying to understand some behavior and if it is normal to Woz. First is the "character" rollovers. Mine are very tall, even above my factory installed playfield protector (which I like a lot, btw). They frequently divert the ball out of its path. If this is not normal, is there a way to adjust?

Next is a shaker motor question. Mine definitely shakes, but makes kind of a whining noise like its straining and is very low frequency of shakes.

Finally, my witch target (or magnet) makes a weird hum or whine only sometimes. It's fairly frequent but not repeatable. I took off the glass to try to recreate it for this video.

Please see video links. This is my first time trying YouTube so forgive if I screwed up. Is there no way to put video online in pinside?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. But I love the game and want it to be its best. Amazing piece of tech.

#1037 8 years ago

Bump?

#1038 8 years ago

The rollovers on mine will cause the ball to divert when its rolling at slower speed, So that seems normal.
The noise the shaker is making when you hit the witch sounds weird... It's hard to tell in a video where its coming from, but I don't hear that on mine.

#1039 8 years ago

Thanks for the input. Shaker is the first video and doesn't involve the witch. That weird hum/beep is always associated with the witch. However, it doesn't always seem to be a witch target hit. Maybe just when it passes over the magnet?

#1040 8 years ago

Call Frank at JJP and ask. Never hear that on my game.

2 weeks later
#1041 8 years ago

I'm in.
IMG_20160217_213510_(1)_(resized).jpgIMG_20160217_213510_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160217_230833_(resized).jpgIMG_20160217_230833_(resized).jpg

#1042 8 years ago

Considering a WOZ!

Would like some owners to chime and help out.

1. first, what are the current prices at or what should I expect to pay for standard, ECLE, and RR75. Nib and/or huo.

2. what's missing from the standard compared to the LE?

3. to get through a good majority of the game features, are we looking at marathon 45 min+ LOTR game times? What's the overall consensus on ball times; short, medium, long? I understand setup plays a factor, so I'm just looking for an overall guesstimate. From my limited play it seems it's a fairly medium to long ball time game. Keefer is my favorite programmer so I imagine it has to be long ball times to get through a majority of his code.

4. speaking of code; does it have many road blocks or pigeon holing for getting to end game wizard mode(s)? For example, LOTR - you can have everything lit for valinor but if you don't destroy that ring then you find yourself having to play all 3 multi balls yet again.

5. Anything else I should know if looking to buy? Build date? Etc...

Thanks!

#1043 8 years ago

hi. i have a nib woz rr for trade or sale, northern nj. replaced it with a ecle that i am picking up at pinfest/allentown. pm for info. will also consider trades. a prepaid hobbit Smaug le comes to mind. thanks, ant

#1044 8 years ago

Eskaybee here is some info:

2: Standard has stainless steel trim, no wood apron, no shaker and no invisigalss. That is it difference wise

3. 45 minutes is somewhere over the rainbow so that is a valinor sort of game. You can melt the witch (attainable wizard mode but hard) in about 10 minutes, maybe a bit less. It is hard to have really long games. It can be a bit brutal at times but then you can have some longer balls too.

4. A lot is involved in getting to SOTR so don't hold your breath on getting there with the glass on!

5. if you can get past the theme it really is a fun game. One thing I really like about it is there are so many things going on I can approach it differently each time. My strategy tends to evolve on each game depending on what happens early on.

Cheers

#1045 8 years ago

This game (my best) took about 20min

IMG_20160213_095730_(resized).jpgIMG_20160213_095730_(resized).jpg

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

IMG_20160213_095730_(resized).jpg

Grwat score. I have such a hard time breaking a million.

#1047 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

IMG_20160213_095730_(resized).jpg

5 balls right?

#1048 8 years ago

I probably did earn 2 extra balls

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

5. if you can get past the theme it really is a fun game.
Cheers

Or, if like many people you don't have to get past the theme but like or love it, that's a big plus. WOZ gets three thumbs up from me!

#1050 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I probably did earn 2 extra balls

So set to 3? Wow, champion. Nothing other than factory and 3 balls? Thats pretty impressive man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.