image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 306.
#10401 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Just curious would a test lead connected to the diode leg be a sufficient heat sink?

I’m not sure but if you search for one on amazon, there are a few options all about $5-7. Here is what I use:

Heat Sink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VNUZYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_y9pYEbKX9V3TD

#10402 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Happy memorial weekend

Happy?

I will say a lot of people say this and it sorta creeps me out. Memorial Day is for remembering our dead. Do we say happy 9-11? Happy Pearl Harbor? Or happy anniversary of your grandfather's death? "Hey Jim? Didn't your grandpa die 3 years ago today? Happy 3 year anniversary of his death, buddy!"

Sorta weird, I always thought. Back to pinball...

#10403 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Happy?
I will say a lot of people say this and it sorta creeps me out. Memorial Day is for remembering our dead. Do we say happy 9-11? Happy Pearl Harbor? Or happy anniversary of your grandfather's death? "Hey Jim? Didn't your grandpa die 3 years ago today? Happy 3 year anniversary of his death, buddy!"
Sorta weird, I always thought. Back to pinball...

Or you can celebrate the joy of freedom and be thankful to the ones who gave their lives for it.

#10404 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd use a small needle nose pliers with a rubber band on it so you can grip the diode leg and have it stay there for soldering and cooling.
LTG : )

Yes that would do a much better job. Thank you ol’ great one!

#10405 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m not sure but if you search for one on amazon, there are a few options all about $5-7. Here is what I use:
Heat Sink amazon.com link »

On order. Thank you my friend

#10406 3 years ago

So I’m new!!! I’m so damn happy she’s in her place...Ryan from CGC and Jesse were over early today n dialed me in!!! Can’t say enough bout these guys if your in area n need help this is the tag team!!!!Contact me I’ll set u up w them .. Anyway my scores are weak I know but after they set up downstairs and straightened out plays like a far superior machine than what we were playing when I set up temporarily in kitchen.....Ryan’s checking on a couple things after that I’m golden couldn’t be happier !!!Im 1/2 way to second pin $ wise and I know what it is..So I asked before ,but got nothing ,here’s a second effort what was your first pin n do you still have it? I’m so exited first one n now I know what a dialed in professional Balcer and team machine plays like I’m outta my skin...4th best day of my life behind 2 kids born n marriage to wife(gotta cover myself boys!).

5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
#10407 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So I’m new!!! I’m so damn happy she’s in her place...Ryan from CGC and Jesse were over early today n dialed me in!!! Can’t say enough bout these guys if your in area n need help this is the tag team!!!!Contact me I’ll set u up w them .. Anyway my scores are weak I know but after they set up downstairs and straightened out plays like a far superior machine than what we were playing when I set up temporarily in kitchen.....Ryan’s checking on a couple things after that I’m golden couldn’t be happier !!!Im 1/2 way to second pin $ wise and I know what it is..So I asked before ,but got nothing ,here’s a second effort what was your first pin n do you still have it? I’m so exited first one n now I know what a dialed in professional Balcer and team machine plays like I’m outta my skin...4th best day of my life behind 2 kids born n marriage to wife(gotta cover myself boys!).
[quoted image][quoted image]

What pin are you getting next?

#10408 3 years ago

Beg my pardon but I’m not fluent in abrevs but it’s Iron Maiden Legacy prem Or Le....I got WOZ as a family game first(I flipping love it!!)then told crew I’m picking next on my own !!! Lmao that’s the plan mid sum as I’m working siders to pay for my new hobby (or sickness)!!After tgat my boys (12 n 11) want family guy and Spider-Man vault respectively!

#10409 3 years ago

Daditude I just turned 50 n spent years w no hobby after stopped playing golf when kids born .Im so damn happy n I’ll say it clear if golf is a Sport so is Pinball!!! By the way what was your first pin ?

#10410 3 years ago

Oh and do you still have it ? Enquiring minds wanna know....lmao

#10411 3 years ago

Yesss..#108 Landed in rome .

5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
#10412 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh and do you still have it ? Enquiring minds wanna know....lmao

Glad you’re stoked! It’s fun to read enthusiastic posts like yours. Lots of folks probably aren’t answering your “what was your first pin and do you still have it” question here because this is a club thread, reserved mainly for talking about WOZ. Answering a fun question like that here tends to derail the thread. Your question is perfectly suited for being its own topic. Start a new topic then circle back and post a link to it here!

#10413 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Glad you’re stoked! It’s fun to read enthusiastic posts like yours. Lots of folks probably aren’t answering your “what was your first pin and do you still have it” question here because this is a club thread, reserved mainly for talking about WOZ. Answering a fun question like that here tends to derail the thread. Your question is perfectly suited for being its own topic. Start a new topic then circle back and post a link to it here!

A question for this thread might be: What pin in your collection is never leaving? And, the answer, of course, is WOZ!

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

A question for this thread might be: What pin in your collection is never leaving? And, the answer, of course, is WOZ!

What he said!

#10415 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What they both said!

#10416 3 years ago

I just bought an ECLE and look forward to taking delivery.

I'll want to stream it - as I understand it the ECLEs are VGA, is that true across the board or did they switch to DVI/HDMI at some point in the production run?

Thanks!

#10417 3 years ago

what a fantastic welcome thank you I wasn't expecting it....‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

#10418 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'll want to stream it - as I understand it the ECLEs are VGA, is that true across the board or did they switch to DVI/HDMI at some point in the production run?
Thanks!

My standard has dvi and VGA coming out of the pc, but uses VGA for the monitor (which is some silly resolution that isn't standard). It's like 1200 something by 1024 resolution. I ordered a 1080p monitor which should be here soon, an can report back here if that works with dvi at 1080p. Don't see why it wouldn't

#10419 3 years ago

Considering a ECLE with light boards that are 7.5 revision 2.

We're there issues with these that will eventually require the 2.0 kit upgrade?

#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks!

My ECLE (#899, 7.5 buffered light boards) has DVI running to the backbox monitor.

#10421 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Sorry meant to quote you in my last post too..but I have had some connector related issues (same light boards you mentioned), but has been solved twice with just reseating the data connectors. I am tempted to order the 2.0 light kit just to have it, but the game plays perfect and I rather play than take it all apart right now

#10422 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Sorry meant to quote you in my last post too..but I have had some connector related issues (same light boards you mentioned), but has been solved twice with just reseating the data connectors. I am tempted to order the 2.0 light kit just to have it, but the game plays perfect and I rather play than take it all apart right now

I recall reading that everyone at some point will need the 2.0 lights, bit wanted to know if these 7.5 rev 2 were problematic.

#10423 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

My standard has dvi and VGA coming out of the pc, but uses VGA for the monitor (which is some silly resolution that isn't standard). It's like 1200 something by 1024 resolution. I ordered a 1080p monitor which should be here soon, an can report back here if that works with dvi at 1080p. Don't see why it wouldn't

Its 1366 x 768

720p resolution...

Plenty of resolution for CGI or any digital images.

Moving to 1080p is often not even noticeable on 27" screens

But not everyone (including me) has that good of eyesight! Lol.

As always YMMV...

#10424 3 years ago

I recall reading that everyone at some point will need the 2.0 lights, bit wanted to know if these 7.5 rev 2 were problematic.

Oh sorry about that. Tbh, I feel anything pinball related is problematic lol. I feel the 7.5 rev 2 "should" be solid, since it has the buffering circuit incorporated by a little daughter board attached. However, the 2.0 system is redesigned, less cabling and therefore less physical interconnects (which any interconnect is the first thing I look at).

I only have had my woz for about 8 months, so I might not be the best person to answer your original question.

If you haven't checked out the descriptions of the differences of the board sets on pinwiki though, I would suggest that too:

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jersey_Jack_Repair_Guides

#10425 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Oh sorry about that. Tbh, I feel anything pinball related is problematic lol. I feel the 7.5 rev 2 "should" be solid, since it has the buffering circuit incorporated by a little daughter board attached. However, the 2.0 system is redesigned, less cabling and therefore less physical interconnects (which any interconnect is the first thing I look at).
I only have had my woz for about 8 months, so I might not be the best person to answer your original question.
If you haven't checked out the descriptions of the differences of the board sets on pinwiki though, I would suggest that too:
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jersey_Jack_Repair_Guides

2.0 is way less problematic!

Its cleaner and more robust.

However the GI needs a software boost. Its dimmer on WOZ.

We need a GI brightness enhancement to perfect it.

#10426 3 years ago

Likely you will have issues eventually. When and how often seems to be very game and location dependent. I had issues every winter when the air became dry and staticky before I upgraded to 2.0.

#10427 3 years ago

Also, it’s not the connectors themselves in the pre-2.0 lights that are the problem. The problem is that all the boards are daisy chained together like cheap Christmas lights. One goes out, everything downstream goes out.

#10428 3 years ago

With 7.5 rev 2, if a light went out, could you simply replace that single light/board?

#10429 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its 1366 x 768
720p resolution...
Plenty of resolution for CGI or any digital images.

No bro. Just believe me next time. Lol

As for the resolution, not for me. Next to my other games it is pretty noticable. But also, the monitor sorta sucks. The contrast and pic isnt as good as my other two, thus the change.

20200525_132917 (resized).jpg20200525_132917 (resized).jpg

#10430 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As for the resolution, not for me. Next to my other games it is pretty noticable. But also, the monitor sorta sucks. The contrast and pic isnt as good as my other two, thus the change.
[quoted image]

I have my WOZ next to my TH.

I can't see the difference.

But then again my eyes probably are not as keen as yours.

#10431 3 years ago

With 7.5 rev 2, if a light went out, could you simply replace that single light/board?

Yes.

#10432 3 years ago

Yes, but the larger light boards are $200 +/- each. The small GI ones are about $20-30 each. If you have issues, you’ll get sick of replacing them and spending that money. The upgrade is $800 and about 12-14 hours of your time. It is not too bad, though. Just time consuming. I broke it up over a few weekends and actually had some fun doing it. Just make sure the pin is priced appropriately for having the older lighting system.

#10433 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

that could only be the Unix interface boot resolution, it does not necessarily means the game plays at the same one. It would be interesting to check actually, I should have when we streamed and split the video output out

#10434 3 years ago

I’m having trouble with the ball getting stuck under the house somewhere usually coming down the lanes.I have machines right side up against a wall couldn’t see it .Its been happening alot.When I get home from work tonight I’m gonna open up and have a look besides any hanging cables does anyone know some things I should look for thanks a bunch.

#10435 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m having trouble with the ball getting stuck under the house somewhere usually coming down the lanes.I have machines right side up against a wall couldn’t see it .Its been happening alot.When I get home from work tonight I’m gonna open up and have a look besides any hanging cables does anyone know some things I should look for thanks a bunch.

Under the.... house?

#10436 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Probably right at the top of the shooter lane. There’s a slightly flat spot there that a slow rolling ball can come to rest on. Next time I take my munchkinland playfield off, I’m going to see if I can make an adjustment. In the meantime, get good at nudging it lose without tilting. Usually a forward/backward series of nudges does the trick.

#10437 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Under the.... house?

Roughly ,I know it’s right below the lanes .I just havnt had much time been working so much but tonight I will open it up .

#10438 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Probably right at the top of the shooter lane. There’s a slightly flat spot there that a slow rolling ball can come to rest on. Next time I take my munchkinland playfield off, I’m going to see if I can make an adjustment. In the meantime, get good at nudging it lose without tilting. Usually a forward/backward series of nudges does the trick.

I’m obviously new to this .Ive been having to tilt because the nudge won’t work .I only get a handful of games in here n there until work slows down .Please don’t laugh but what’s the bad side of tilting ? Just showing up in audits making it look like it was in a arcade ?

#10439 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Make sure you are using fresh carbon steel balls. When my balls get magnetized, they hang up there more often.

#10440 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Make sure you are using fresh carbon steel balls. When my balls get magnetized, they hang up there more often.

I’m not sure to tell you the truth.The guy I bought from said they were the original balls.Thank You I’ll look into that too.

#10441 3 years ago

Oh

Quoted from Nokoro:

Ooohhh I get it.Order new balls.Lmao thanks

#10442 3 years ago

I bought a lightly used HUO game with 7.5 rev 2 boards and had problems immediately. After replacing a handful of boards I gave up and upgraded to 2.0.

#10443 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m having trouble with the ball getting stuck under the house somewhere usually coming down the lanes.

Rubber ring around the slingshot under the rear of the spinning house playfield broken ?

If so -

#10444 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m not sure to tell you the truth.The guy I bought from said they were the original balls.Thank You I’ll look into that too.

If you’re new to pinball, one tip is to swap out the balls every ~500 games plus or minus. They can get dinged which causes playfield wear.

Also, carbon steel balls (as opposed to chrome steel) are better for games with magnets as they retain magnetism less. They can still get slightly magnetized over time, which is why swapping them out every so often helps.

#10445 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rubber ring around the slingshot under the rear of the spinning house playfield broken ?
If so -

Thanks on way hoke finally .

#10446 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If you’re new to pinball, one tip is to swap out the balls every ~500 games plus or minus. They can get dinged which causes playfield wear.
Also, carbon steel balls (as opposed to chrome steel) are better for games with magnets as they retain magnetism less. They can still get slightly magnetized over time, which is why swapping them out every so often helps.

That’s the first thing I’m going to do tomarro order a new set I appreciate the help a bunch.

#10447 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

In the event that the upper sling rubber is not broken (which will definitely cause a problem):

The problem is most likely the rubber on the left under the mini playfield, at the end of the lane.

It often slips up out of its notch if its installed twisted.

You can immediately see that its wrong as it will be snug, high agsinst the plastic instead of down much lower in its notch.

Without removing anything you can push it down into its notch.

If the rubber is out if its notch this leads to a flat spot reported earlier.

There is no flat spot if the rubber is down into its notch.

People assume that this is how its supposed to be, its not.

Its a very common ptoblem that is easily fixed in moments.

#10448 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In the event that the upper sling is not broken.
The problem is most likely the rubber on the left under the mini playfield, at the end of the lane.
You can immediately see that its wrong as it will be snug, high agsinst the plastic instead of down much lower in its notch.

S%+! ...I wish I would’ve took pics but when I got home (havnt seen family since thur night they were at camper I was working 14s) there was a tan noodle like thing sticking up toward glass in the center of the backside of upper right Playfield.As I wanted to play a couple w kids I quickly stuffed it up underneath where house is at (like a idiot) and wanted to get through a couple games then it kept happening the ball just sits at the peak behind house where that tube was .Im sorr anyway another long ass day going to sleep I’m trying to work a 12 on side job Tomro so I can get paid n continue putting $ away for #2(WHO....DOES ...#2...WORK....FOR...)I’ll watch what was sent tomro evening I’m sure I’ll be back on this tread for advice be good all !!!

#10449 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:In the event that the upper sling is not broken.

Yes this makes sense .Thank you I’ll check this out tomro night when I can .

#10450 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I have to thank you for explaining your issue with the bracket that drops the Winkie target. I never knew the target was supposed to drop during a ball search because mine never has dropped on its own since I bought it NIB. I always thought it’s was an oversight by JJP. I looked at mine and the brass bracket did not line up with the opening. Probably just like yours. I had to take apart the whole drop target assembly to be able to bend the bracket. Looks like the brass bracket was not attached/properly aligned to the silver bracket. Works now though!
Thanks again rager170!

Hey, just saw this and glad it helped!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

13,000 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/209?hl=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.