20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 306.
#10351 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

Congrats, I just took delivery of #160
I find this game very difficult compared to The Hobbit. Maybe just need to get used to the lower score system and shorter games.

Close the outlanes all the way up.
Lower the sling power a little.

Increase the ball save time to 20 seconds.

#10352 3 years ago

When I got mine the ball times were so short I thought I had made a mistake buying it. I played it a hell of a lot and now I can control the ball better than most any other game I own, play with strategy and only get burned by quick drains occasionally. WOZ will not give you long games very often, which makes them so great and so fun. You are on the WOZ journey, keep playing. A lot.

Don C

#10353 3 years ago

Joined the club! #930 will be here in a couple of weeks, ready for me to do the 2.0 surgery.

#10354 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I closed the out lanes, and also had to lower the sling strength, cause the sling would shoot the ball over the ramps into the out lanes.

I will definitely increase the ball save time today. Thanks for the tips!

#10355 3 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:When I got mine the ball times were so short I thought I had made a mistake buying it. I played it a hell of a lot and now I can control the ball better than most any other game I own, play with strategy and only get burned by quick drains occasionally. WOZ will not give you long games very often, which makes them so great and so fun. You are on the WOZ journey, keep playing. A lot.
Don C

Exactly my thoughts. I am used to The Hobbit, and since delivery of WOZ, I thought I made a mistake buying it, but I know I have a lot to learn. I have taken the time this week to study the playfield, and read more online how to get into the different modes.

#10356 3 years ago

My games with WOZ either last 2 min or 20 min.

#10357 3 years ago

What? No.

#10358 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

Congrats, I just took delivery of #160
I find this game very difficult compared to The Hobbit. Maybe just need to get used to the lower score system and shorter games.

It's harder. No question.

Screenshot_20200521-151905 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200521-151905 (resized).png
#10359 3 years ago

Darn 258 millions ! How is that even possible ? I could do it if I put rubbers on the outlanes !

#10360 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Darn 258 millions ! How is that even possible ? I could do it if I put rubbers on the outlanes !

If I played all day without draining once I couldn't get that score. Something doesn't make sense.

#10361 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I scored less than half that, and it was incredibly difficult. My best score to date, though, by a large margin. It took over an hour. My hands were hurting.

#10362 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I scored less than half that, and it was incredibly difficult. My best score to date, though, by a large margin. It took over an hour. My hands were hurting.

How. What on earth?

I don't mean to offend, but I feel you're pissing down my back and telling me it's raining. The top 4 scores for this game, the only believable one is number four at over 7 million. And that's the only one with a pic for proof.

For instance, this video is from an AMAZING player. He's a member here. This game was an hour and did about 5 mil. His high score list shows upwards of 9 mil. How on effing earth did you get that high? I'd love to see you stream a game so I can see what voodoo magic is at work.

#10363 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

How. What on earth?
I don't mean to offend, but I feel you're pissing down my back and telling me it's raining. The top 4 scores for this game, the only believable one is number four at over 7 million. And that's the only one with a pic for proof.

For instance, this video is from an AMAZING player. He's a member here. This game was an hour and did about 5 mil. His high score list shows upwards of 9 mil. How on effing earth did you get that high? I'd love to see you stream a game so I can see what voodoo magic is at work.

Yep, picture or it didnt happen.

#10364 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My avg. game time per WOZ log is 17mn (on 1500 games so far), my longest game was around 30 minutes and I still ended below 1 million points.

I'm still playing to complete modes and not so much with score in mind but my best games had multiple multiballs at once and a munchkin mode.

Do you keep going at stacking modes to reach this type of score in so little time ? Or am I missing some secret scoring.

#10365 3 years ago

My best score is 3.2 million and change. Lots of huge mode stacking. Easily over a half hour of “work”. I don’t think an extra half hour of awesome would increase my score fifty fold.

#10366 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My avg. game time per WOZ log is 17mn (on 1500 games so far), my longest game was around 30 minutes and I still ended below 1 million points.
I'm still playing to complete modes and not so much with score in mind but my best games had multiple multiballs at once and a munchkin mode.
Do you keep going at stacking modes to reach this type of score in so little time ? Or am I missing some secret scoring.

Yes, stacking stacking and stacking. That will bring up the multipliers. Set up the rescue multiball, crystal ball and EC multiball then start rescue along with the others once it gets going. Then keep it in play as long as possible.

I have made a 3 million score, two 2 million scores and the rest are in the 1 million range just below 2 million.

My games run anywhere from 20-40 min’s. I start getting tired around 20-30 mins and need to take a short break to rest my hands. I have messed up wrists which don’t help when I get a long game.

#10367 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

My best score is 3.2 million and change. Lots of huge mode stacking. Easily over a half hour of “work”. I don’t think an extra half hour of awesome would increase my score fifty fold.

I think the 119 mil and above scores are fake.
The very best players get 5-8 mil per hour maybe a little more.

120 mil game would be 16-20 hours or so, do the math. a 250 mil game? yeah right lol.

Its fake if theres no pic, along with all the other near scores in the top 8.

I expect to see 80, 90, 100 105, 110 115, 119 mil etc in the high score list.

A guy posted 12 mil on hobbit, his prior scores in the list didnt break 1 mil lol.

So, let me see the ladder up to this score, or it didnt happen.

I watched @pinballgoddes hit 7.7 mil and was shocked. The game was a little more than 100 minutes.

She was exhausted when done.

Her ladder shows the progression.

We all know a fake score when we see it lol. Good times all around...

Pinside is fun!

#10368 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

How. What on earth?

Yep, picture or it didnt happen.

Quoted from adol75:

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes, stacking stacking and stacking. That will bring up the multipliers. Set up the rescue multiball, crystal ball and EC multiball then start rescue along with the others once it gets going. Then keep it in play as long as possible.
I have made a 3 million score, two 2 million scores and the rest are in the 1 million range just below 2 million.
My games run anywhere from 20-40 min’s. I start getting tired around 20-30 mins and need to take a short break to rest my hands. I have messed up wrists which don’t help when I get a long game.

I think the 119 mil and above scores are fake.
The very best players get 5-8 mil per hour maybe a little more.
120 mil game would be 16-20 hours or so, do the math. a 250 mil game? yeah right lol.
Its fake if theres no pic, along with all the other near scores in the top 8.
I expect to see 80, 90, 100 105, 110 115, 119 mil etc in the high score list.
A guy posted 12 mil on hobbit, his prior scores in the list didnt break 1 mil lol.
So, let me see the ladder up to this score, or it didnt happen.
I watched @pinballgoddes hit 7.7 mil and was shocked. The game was a little more than 100 minutes.
She was exhausted when done.
Her ladder shows the progression.
We all know a fake score when we see it lol. Good times all around...
Pinside is fun!

Stacking, a lot of Luck, extra balls, huge multiball scoring. Everything essentially has to be perfect. I don't think there is any other way.

I'm sure there are some other big scores out there that haven't been shared. Unfortunately, that is one of the corners of pinside that people don't always contribute to.

#10369 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

like getting horses.

Agree! This side aspect is sometimes the reason for play. Same with the other goals as mentioned. So many game games in 1. When choosing which machine to play for the evening, WoZ gets a few different considerations!...

#10370 3 years ago

Lol! I was looking back to see what everyone was so floored by, and I realized I accidentally added a number. I fixed it since, but my score was 13 mil, not 113 mil. I was reading the others as 21mil and 25mil!!

My score was still very good and I'm sure that are are others up there that haven't been shared, but I agree...im not sure it's possible to get more than 20-30 million. If there is a way, I don't know it and I've never heard of it.

#10371 3 years ago

I asked this earlier.

Quoted from chalkup8:

Jorant
What’s the best collect you’ve had with getting the horses?
Have you had 7 seven horses running at once ?
Really like this sideshow of the game.

#10372 3 years ago

What a fun WOZ night, 2,9 million and 6 out of 8 diamonds.

The community is so nice and we made so many friends around the globe that we will stream in English once a week. Sunday night ? Let us know when and follow us on www.twitch.tv/livecatchpinball.
We will also stream Wonka, excited to get my very clean hands on it very soon.

#10373 3 years ago

Recently new to club my first pin love this game .Newbie but been working on things .Got the crystal ball working 2 of the leads were bent on Playfield plug straightened and all good.I have a tech (manager at CGC) coming over sat morning to help get it downstairs (see pic finally done w 2/3 basement ) and troubleshoot 2 other issues .We have a mutual friend he’s going to disk me in and talk about 2nd which will be 1of the 3 CGC top 3 machines.Blah Blah I know but the other 2 issues is NB in rainbow stays red or off I’ve looked at clips peeps sent but I can’t figure this one out I’m leaving for my guy.But the other the Wizard is working properly but just doesn’t light up .Underneath looks good I straitened wires on connection but the top I havnt taken apart yet .Wires seem to connect to a small board on top I’m guessing it’s there looks like leads are soldered to it and they are not loose .Any help would be appreciated thanks .

#10374 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Any help would be appreciated thanks .

If you have 12 volts at the LED strip, then the LED strip is bad.

LTG : )

#10375 3 years ago

That’s her spot to right of window .And when I say finishing basement 100% done here w Me ,wife n 2 boys .Im texting them all trades and am proud of what they’re learning.My 12 yr old was one who suggested the connection on crystal ball didn’t look flush .Go figure he also downloaded 7.2 for me .

6407A27F-4E00-48EC-981C-9E31225A7386 (resized).jpeg6407A27F-4E00-48EC-981C-9E31225A7386 (resized).jpeg8359095F-A52D-4979-A898-F248CEDF8CDA (resized).jpeg8359095F-A52D-4979-A898-F248CEDF8CDA (resized).jpegDF575CEF-117F-492E-8304-20E2CFCC8C52 (resized).jpegDF575CEF-117F-492E-8304-20E2CFCC8C52 (resized).jpegE806904B-B871-4342-995A-78970A07A04E (resized).jpegE806904B-B871-4342-995A-78970A07A04E (resized).jpeg
#10376 3 years ago

Is that 12 volts light strip for rainbow or wizard? Sorr but I’m really new to this I’m putting the effort in I promise not wasting peeps time.

#10377 3 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I asked this earlier.

Oh I'm so sorry. Most horses ever was a whopping 6. I suck. My bonus today I had, thanks to those horses, was 800k! 800k is a not too shabby game (for me), and I got them all in the bonus thanks to horses. If you aren't collecting them, you're leaving points just sitting on the table.

#10378 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is that 12 volts light strip for rainbow or wizard?

Wizard.

rainbow is a board with a bad LED.

#10379 3 years ago

Thank you LTG I will try to troubleshoot tomarro night .

#10380 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh I'm so sorry. Most horses ever was a whopping 6. I suck. My bonus today I had, thanks to those horses, was 800k! 800k is a not too shabby game (for me), and I got them all in the bonus thanks to horses. If you aren't collecting them, you're leaving points just sitting on the table.

How do you get this high with the horses ? I thought they were giving little points when you go to collect.

#10381 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh I'm so sorry

hey, no probs jorant.its a busy site and lots of stuff doesnt get answered or is missed.

From what I can gather is there's a maximum of showing 7 running horses at once (only had 6 at one time for me).
The cow seems to be the most valuable followed by the red horse (on the RR version anyway).
The chameleon horse may be worth the least, because it can be matched to any color.
Four horses of the same color (in my case, purple) paid 8K for the one collect.
Four horses of a different color with a red horse or cow in there has reaped 4.6K
Backhanding the shot for HOADC is more reliable than of the tip from the left flipper.

#10382 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

How do you get this high with the horses ? I thought they were giving little points when you go to collect.

A successful collection of horses — meaning all the same color or all different colors — will multiply your munchkin score at bonus collection time. So, for instance, if you happen to start a MB while you have munchkin frenzy going and let’s say a crystal ball mode as well, then every switch hit is banking points at 2x frenzy value to be awarded at bonus time. Now let’s say you have also successfully collected horses on that ball. Then that munchkin bonus gets multiplied even further. I believe my highest bonus was 400,000 doing something like that. Doctor6 bonus of 800,000 is even better and doable if you get extremely lucky like this.

#10383 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Because the horses collected for that ball will multiply your rainbow modes that collect after draining (again, just for that ball). So it isn't the horses by themselves that are lots of points, it's the multipliers they give afterwards.

#10384 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

A successful collection of horses — meaning all the same color or all different colors — will multiply your munchkin score at bonus collection time. So, for instance, if you happen to start a MB while you have munchkin frenzy going and let’s say a crystal ball mode as well, then every switch hit is banking points at 2x frenzy value to be awarded at bonus time. Now let’s say you have also successfully collected horses on that ball. Then that munchkin bonus gets multiplied even further. I believe my highest bonus was 400,000 doing something like that. jorant bonus of 800,000 is even better and doable if you get extremely lucky like this.

Thank you ! I had no idea, it's too early to turn the game on, one of the moments where I wish I had a man cave, but I can't wait to try and finally get some big scores.

#10385 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Thank you ! I had no idea, it's too early to turn the game on, one of the moments where I wish I had a man cave, but I can't wait to try and finally get some big scores.

Just wait until you build up a huge bonus only to tilt and see this displayed: “Bonus Lost 340,000”.

#10386 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

only to tilt and see this

I took the plumb bob right out of the game. Yes, there's a brief error message on start up,but would rather nudge the game more for longer ball times,more fun.

#10387 3 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I took the plumb bob right out of the game. Yes, there's a brief error message on start up,but would rather nudge the game more for longer ball times,more fun.

I always find nudging to be more challenging with WOZ. The thing is so darn heavy.

#10388 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I always find nudging to be more challenging with WOZ. The thing is so darn heavy.

When all your games are heavy, you get used to it

#10389 3 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Yes, there's a brief error message on start up,

In the settings you can turn that off, and the red dot.

If you want to check for errors, with the game turned on open the coin door and hit the enter button, and errors will be on the screen.

#10390 3 years ago

Joined the club last weekend. Nice addition that I'm really enjoying right now. Makes me want another JJP in the future.

Image from iOS (6) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (6) (resized).jpg
#10391 3 years ago

Well no wonder my Glenda switch wasn't working. Does anyone know where this white wire goes and does it have to soldered or is there another "easier" way?

IMG_2228 (resized).jpgIMG_2228 (resized).jpg
#10392 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well no wonder my Glenda switch wasn't working. Does anyone know where this white wire goes and does it have to soldered or is there another "easier" way?[quoted image]

Looks like it goes on the bottom metal lug in your picture. You will need to remove the old solder, put the wire in, and solder it back in place with the bottom leg of that diode. Use a heat sink on that diode leg when you are doing it so as to not damage the diode.

#10393 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Looks like it goes on the bottom metal lug in your picture. You will need to remove the old solder, put the wire in, and solder it back in place with the bottom leg of that diode. Use a heat sink on that diode leg when you are doing it so as to not damage the diode.

Nokoro is right. White wire goes to the black end of the diode. Same as many of your other switches.

#10394 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Looks like it goes on the bottom metal lug in your picture.

The red arrow points to the spot.

400e6ddb5a5c9de05fbf6e5f0ab9894817e6ad9a (resized).jpg400e6ddb5a5c9de05fbf6e5f0ab9894817e6ad9a (resized).jpg
#10395 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Use a heat sink on that diode leg when you are doing it so as to not damage the diode.

Just curious would a test lead connected to the diode leg be a sufficient heat sink?

#10396 3 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Just curious would a test lead connected to the diode leg be a sufficient heat sink?

I'd use a small needle nose pliers with a rubber band on it so you can grip the diode leg and have it stay there for soldering and cooling.

#10397 3 years ago

Sweet baby Jesus I have a lot to learn !!!

#10398 3 years ago

On another note happy as a Pig in shit she’s finally going down to basement Tomro morning there’s her spot .Had my highest game I’ve played about 30 since I got it completely new to this .Lets take a vote is this a sickness or a hobby ? Looking forward to finally being able to get out to a pincade ,2-3 months ready for 2nd Lmao my vote is “Sickness”.

00F80674-683F-4A86-BFFA-0D1FCEF108CA (resized).jpeg00F80674-683F-4A86-BFFA-0D1FCEF108CA (resized).jpeg5D3A0522-469C-47AC-A1B4-014B4C2C94AC (resized).jpeg5D3A0522-469C-47AC-A1B4-014B4C2C94AC (resized).jpeg61810B47-2487-491B-8990-E51514FB777A (resized).jpeg61810B47-2487-491B-8990-E51514FB777A (resized).jpeg
#10399 3 years ago

Happy memorial weekend n I wanna hear about your first pins and if you still have them ..Sorr I’m geeking out big time I’m a big fan of this sport from here in out!!!

#10400 3 years ago

Yes if golf is a sport then Pin is a sport!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/208?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.