767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 306.
#10201 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Maybe mine aren't working right? Mine look straight up off in a lit room, and barely perceptible in a dark room.[quoted image]

It looks like you're in attract mode there and since the GI participates in the lightshow that's not a good indicator, take a snap with a game started and the ball in the shooter lane.

#10202 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It looks like you're in attract mode there and since the GI participates in the lightshow that's not a good indicator, take a snap with a game started and the ball in the shooter lane.

Here is a video as well...

20200429_123504 (resized).jpg20200429_123504 (resized).jpg
#10203 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

Looks normal to me. If not brighter than my machine haha.

#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh dear. Well okay then, thank you.

#10205 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Agreed, looks very normal for WOZ which is why they've sold so many Pinstadium kits for it (please don't derail the thread into a PS debate, I know it's an extremely polarizing subject and I almost hate to mention it).

I'm not real familiar with Hobbit (I've played it few times but that's it) however it is clearly much brighter, did they use something other than the LED boards under the PF with light pipes for GI on that?

#10206 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

That’s par for the course, unfortunately.

#10207 3 years ago

Anyone have problems distinguishing yellow and orange lit horse inserts? You can tell there is a difference, but you have to really investigate if your "yellow" insert isn't actually orange. Is this normal?

#10208 3 years ago

Sorr fell asleep last night busy all day .The wizard works with what it’s supposed to do but doesn’t light up .The crystal ball worked when first home but nothing at all now.The NB stays red on rainbow .I tried quick unplugs with nothing. I have to check lighting wires on wizard ,I’m guessing LED control board on rainbow and crystal ball have no idea ...I’ll finally have time to dive in this weekend any help will be greatly appreciated .

#10209 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sorr fell asleep last night busy all day .The wizard works with what it’s supposed to do but doesn’t light up .The crystal ball worked when first home but nothing at all now.The NB stays red on rainbow .I tried quick unplugs with nothing. I have to check lighting wires on wizard ,I’m guessing LED control board on rainbow and crystal ball have no idea ...I’ll finally have time to dive in this weekend any help will be greatly appreciated .

Wizard: you may need a new LED strip. This is a common failure point for some as I’ve read in this thread.

CB: search this thread. Others have had to deal with this. You may need to reseat the connectors and SD card.

NB on rainbow: unfortunately, you probably need a new board from JJP. This will require removing the munchkin playfield to replace which is a little involved but totally doable, and there are great instructions in the manual. You are likely not on the 2.0 lighting system which means you may have board failures from time to time. You can upgrade but it costs $800 and takes about 12-14 hours of your time. I did it, and I’m not very handy. But if you are new to pinball, it can seem like a big lift at first. The 2.0 system uses phone like data cables to go to each board. The earlier lighting system uses other data cables which travel from board to board in series and have green or red sharpie marks on the connectors.

#10210 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wizard: you may need a new LED strip. This is a common failure point for some as I’ve read in this thread.

This happened to my NIB when I got it. New strip fixed it. They are very finicky for some reason. Even mine will flicker quickly at times.

#10211 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

CB: search this thread. Others have had to deal with this. You may need to reseat the connectors and SD card.
NB on rainbow: unfortunately, you probably need a new board from JJP. This will require removing the munchkin playfield to replace which is a little involved but totally doable, and there are great instructions in the manual. You are likely not on the 2.0 lighting system which means you may have board failures from time to time. You can upgrade but it costs $800 and takes about 12-14 hours of your time. I did it, and I’m not very handy. But if you are new to pinball, it can seem like a big lift at first. The 2.0 system uses phone like data cables to go to each board. The earlier lighting system uses other data cables which travel from board to board in series and have green or red sharpie marks on the connectors.

You dont have to remove the munchnin PF to replace the rainbow board.
It comes of pretty easy, but the little rubber holders are tricky to reinstall without damaging them.

The biggest issue is the $217 for the replacement.

I just replaced mine from my spares a couple weeks ago, and bought a new one from JJP.

Get some spare rubber holders when you order the new board, just in case.

#10212 3 years ago

Ok so I got some clarification from JJP today. There HAS NOT BEEN a $1,000 price increase on Ruby Red’s. It is a dealer mark up of $1,000 from Automated Services / Pinballs.com which is fine. No hate on the hustle. Just glad it’s not coming from JJP.

I just wish the distributor clarified that when I asked about the price increase. I feel they owe their possible customer at least that. Builds trust and at least they show they are straightforward. Car dealerships Around here at least have a Dealer Mark up sticker on the window.

With that said, if you are an authorized JJP dealer and you have a New in Box Ruby Red or the Emerald Green version of the Ruby Red available for $9,500 you have a buyer today. PM me.

#10213 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You dont have to remove the munchnin PF to replace the rainbow board.
It comes of pretty easy, but the little rubber holders are tricky to reinstall without damaging them.

Didn’t know that. I stand corrected.

I do agree with you about the rubber standoffs. I hate those things.

#10214 3 years ago

Thanks for the follow up.

Sounds like it’s a supply and demand related markup by the distro since not imposed by JJP. Someone will eventually bite on the $10.5k price.....one day.

Good luck with your hunt, there may be something to find out there.

#10215 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Ok so I got some clarification from JJP today. There HAS NOT BEEN a $1,000 price increase on Ruby Red’s. It is a dealer mark up of $1,000 from Automated Services / Pinballs.com which is fine. No hate on the hustle. Just glad it’s not coming from JJP.
I just wish the distributor clarified that when I asked about the price increase. I feel they owe their possible customer at least that. Builds trust and at least they show they are straightforward. Car dealerships Around here at least have a Dealer Mark up sticker on the window.
With that said, if you are an authorized JJP dealer and you have a New in Box Ruby Red or the Emerald Green version of the Ruby Red available for $9,500 you have a buyer today. PM me.

Ouch. Mike has been jacking his prices up as of late. More so than usual.

#10216 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Ouch. Mike has been jacking his prices up as of late. More so than usual.

Automated / pinballs.com has their Ruby Red WoZ advertised here on Pinside Market for $10,500 now as well. $450 for shipping.

Would love to snag but I just can’t bring myself to pay the 1k for nothing. I could use that 1k to support some of the mod community and snag some of the mods I would want. Hopefully they come down back to the $9500 soon. If they do I will bite. Until then, nope.

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Im surprised by that actually. I have bought all my games from them. But if there is demand and no more to be seen, then I can understand it. Thats sales like anything else. Mike is a good guy there.

#10218 3 years ago

Check Star Amusements in Dallas, PA. also. He's on pinside.com as well somewhere.

#10219 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im surprised by that actually. I have bought all my games from them. But if there is demand and no more to be seen, then I can understand it. Thats sales like anything else. Mike is a good guy there.

Either supply and demand or times are rough. I get both. I imagine all 3 will sell this week For $10,500 if the demand is there.

#10220 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Check Star Amusements in Dallas, PA. also. He's on pinside.com as well somewhere.

correction. It's PinballStar, and I believe that Automated is the only distributor left with 75th-anniversary editions.

#10221 3 years ago

I think you are right. I have emailed many of the listed JJP authorized distributors and everyone has responded the same way: Haven’t had RR’s for a long time but I can sell you a YBR. Seems like YBR’s are plentiful.

Surprised that Automated still has them though. Maybe held some back to be the last with them, then mark them up. Boom! Instant supply/demand mark up. Smart.

#10222 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Automated / pinballs.com has their Ruby Red WoZ advertised here on Pinside Market for $10,500 now as well. $450 for shipping.
Would love to snag but I just can’t bring myself to pay the 1k for nothing. I could use that 1k to support some of the mod community and snag some of the mods I would want. Hopefully they come down back to the $9500 soon. If they do I will bite. Until then, nope.

Do yourself a favor and avoid Automated Services / Pinballs.com.
Pinside is filled with horror stories of people dealing with them.
Many involve RRWOZ.

To be fair a lot of people have had good experiences as well with this company but based on what I have heard and seen with their bait and switch tactics I say skip the grief. You really don't want a machine that bad.

#10223 3 years ago

You are correct. I want it, but don’t need it. Definitely not paying a mark up. Pretty much have an icky feeling about this so that is a good indication to trust my instincts and walk. Might snag a Wonka from my local distributor.

#10224 3 years ago

Thanks for the help.I am handy w everything but this is overwhelming only because I’m working a lot on side to buy my second I don’t have much time right now and feel I’m rushing every time I try troubleshooting .Im gonna have a local tech come by he said he will walk me thru fixes I’ll feel better working with him on some of these issues and from there I feel confident I’ll be fine just right now I got the fever n need a second pin.Time will free up as I don’t do side jobs June -sept as in Midwest that’s all the outdoor time we get .Im going to replace LED board for rainbow but will help a local out w some work and learn from him .Thsnks all for the help I’ll catch up eventually!!

#10225 3 years ago

I have been playing lots of WOZ during quarantine and making some good scores. Unfortunately my Winkie drop target (clear mod) broke and I can't find the spring to install the stock one back in the game. Does anyone know where to get a 13-7009-00 Drop Target Extension Spring? I already ordered the replacement drop target and sent an email asking JJP if they sell the spring.

#10226 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have been playing lots of WOZ during quarantine and making some good scores. Unfortunately my Winkie drop target (clear mod) broke and I can't find the spring to install the stock one back in the game. Does anyone know where to get a 13-7009-00 Drop Target Extension Spring? I already ordered the replacement drop target and sent an email asking JJP if they sell the spring.

Is this the mezel mod drop target? The old one or the new "improved" one? I ordered it and sure hope mine lasts at least a little while.

#10227 3 years ago

I think it was the new one. I ordered it from Mezel Jan 14, 2019. Who else sells them? Is there a better stringer design out there?

#10228 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I think it was the new one. I ordered it from Mezel Jan 14, 2019. Who else sells them? Is there a better stringer design out there?

indypinhead here on Pinside sells the best one and its way more durable than the others...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

#10229 3 years ago

Is Indypinhead still selling the lit stand up targets? If so, I’d like to buy one for my WOZ RR. Thanks

#10230 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is Indypinhead still selling the lit stand up targets? If so, I’d like to buy one for my WOZ RR. Thanks

Send him a PM. That's what I did a while ago and he was selling them even though his add was down.

#10231 3 years ago

I cant find the link to buy the led strip for the throne room. I kinda remember it was on ebay.

Can anyone help me ?

#10232 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I cant find the link to buy the led strip for the throne room. I kinda remember it was on ebay.
Can anyone help me ?

the throne room led strip is 12v.

any of the cheap $8.99 amazon12v strip lights will work, just cut to fit and solder the wire to it.

Maybe get green or even the new cobb led strip light.

#10233 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Can anyone help me ?

Go to Cometpinball and pick up a 12v led strip for $1.95. Plug and play with the Matrix strips. Good luck.

#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Go to Cometpinball and pick up a 12v led strip for $1.95. Plug and play with the Matrix strips. Good luck.

Comet matrix LED stuff is amazing! And so easy to install.

#10235 3 years ago

Thank you ! An unlit throne room did start to feel frustrating !

#10236 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Do yourself a favor and avoid Automated Services / Pinballs.com.
Pinside is filled with horror stories of people dealing with them.
Many involve RRWOZ.
To be fair a lot of people have had good experiences as well with this company but based on what I have heard and seen with their bait and switch tactics I say skip the grief. You really don't want a machine that bad.

Id disagree with this. I think people say they dont like them simply due to the prices on used games. But they are definitely reputable. Ive bought 4 games from them and even one of my WOZ was a complete dud, he took it back and gave me a brand NIB as replacement. Doesnt get much better than that.

#10237 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Comet matrix LED stuff is amazing! And so easy to install.

Ive never understood the matrix stuff from them. It plugs into where a bulb normally goes, in order to route a bulb elsewhere.. but do you lose the bulb that is plugged into?

#10238 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id disagree with this. I think people say they dont like them simply due to the prices on used games. But they are definitely reputable. Ive bought 4 games from them and even one of my WOZ was a complete dud, he took it back and gave me a brand NIB as replacement. Doesnt get much better than that.

I agree. His used prices are insane and even his new prices as of late have sucked. His attitude isn't the best on the phone, but he does stand by his customers when shit goes wrong. I bought a few games from there, and one of them was a ghosting inserts star trek that he got me a new populated playfield for pretty quickly.

#10239 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I agree. His used prices are insane and even his new prices as of late have sucked. His attitude isn't the best on the phone, but he does stand by his customers when shit goes wrong. I bought a few games from there, and one of them was a ghosting inserts star trek that he got me a new populated playfield for pretty quickly.

Wish I could have a good experience myself but “Prices“.

To his credit, he answered all of my emails quickly (although vaguely regarding “There was a price increase”). I think the way it was worded I assumed JJP increased the price instead of Automated / pinballs.com adding the 1k dealer mark up themselves.

That said, going through Pinside search, definitely mixed reviews. I think it does say something when JJP tells you to go to them however. They directed me straight to Pinballs.com. That was reassuring to me. Most complaints I read was about their pricing, not service. Their prices are high but people are buying. Who’s fault is that? They charge high, people buy, not their fault!

Those Ruby Reds are Probably all gone by now with a cool, free 3k In his pocket. Don’t blame him.

I’m Still on the hunt however. I’ve decided to not go the YBR route, Wonka is Still a possibility, but man, WoZ is what I truly want. Hopefully they do another run once they reopen and things get back on track. If not, that’s the way it goes.

#10240 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

That said, going through Pinside search, definitely mixed reviews.

Compare them to KingPin Games, Abel Electronics or PinballSTAR not even close. Automated is probably the largest distributor period.
But if you are a private owner, you want to go with one of these companies. Best reps in the biz.

#10241 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

To his credit, he answered all of my emails quickly (although vaguely regarding “There was a price increase”). I think the way it was worded I assumed JJP increased the price instead of Automated / pinballs.com adding the 1k dealer mark up themselves.
That said, going through Pinside search, definitely mixed reviews. I think it does say something when JJP tells you to go to them however. They directed me straight to Pinballs.com. That was reassuring to me. Most complaints I read was about their pricing, not service. Their prices are high but people are buying. Who’s fault is that? They charge high, people buy, not their fault!
Those Ruby Reds are Probably all gone by now with a cool, free 3k In his pocket. Don’t blame him.
I’m Still on the hunt however. I’ve decided to not go the YBR route, Wonka is Still a possibility, but man, WoZ is what I truly want. Hopefully they do another run once they reopen and things get back on track. If not, that’s the way it goes.

Frankly, I wouldn’t get all hung up on powder coating. Rr, emerald, standard... they all play exactly the same. I’d steer clear of YBR due to lack of a monkey but any of the other three are equally fine.

#10242 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Here's a RR in your backyard for 8500 ... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/180#post-5630661

#10243 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Forget about Wonka and get a WOZ it’s a true masterpiece.

#10244 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

They are JJP's biggest distributor.

#10245 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Forget about Wonka and get a WOZ it’s a true masterpiece.

I have them both. They are both great games. WOZ is very floaty, Wonka is fast. Both have short ball times IMO.

Wonka is really awesome but WOZ as a whole is just incredible. WOZ being a wide body really makes it shine. Both great games.

#10246 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have them both. They are both great games. WOZ is very floaty, Wonka is fast. Both have short ball times IMO.
Wonka is really awesome but WOZ as a whole is just incredible. WOZ being a wide body really makes it shine. Both great games.

Also to add, the sound quality on WOZ is definitely better. Both have fun callouts...

#10247 3 years ago

WOZ stops being floaty when you up the pitch and increase the flipper strength. My WOZ is fast and brutal.

I go back and forth between games. Right now, I’m on a WOZ kick again in terms of what I’m playing. I’m reminded every time I turn it on and plunge a ball just what a masterpiece it is.

#10248 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

WOZ stops being floaty when you up the pitch and increase the flipper strength. My WOZ is fast and brutal.
I go back and forth between games. Right now, I’m on a WOZ kick again in terms of what I’m playing. I’m reminded every time I turn it on and plunge a ball just what a masterpiece it is.

I dont know if I believe pitch or flipper strength has anything to do with it. Id say is a design of the game. Theres two orbits and 1 ramp, and the rest is almost target hitting.

#10249 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. That one is literally over the bridge from me. I’m looking for a NIB for now though.

#10250 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Thanks for the heads up. That one is literally over the bridge from me. I’m looking for a NIB for now though.

Id imagine that if any private seller happens to have a NIB, its going to have a mark up as well. And I dont really blame them. Dont know if you will see them NIB again. Maybe I am wrong

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/205?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.