767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 306.
#10151 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hello all. Will you welcome me to your flock? I am a soon to be be a new member and am super excited!
I have The Hobbit and Dialed In. Love them both. Saw Woz at a pinball show two years ago and was shocked how beautiful it was. I was really impressed. It appears to be far deeper than either of those games, is that right? How can you possibly keep track of all the goals in this game!? I barely could keep track in tspp and this game makes tspp look like fish tales. Lol

Congrats. Won't lie its a complicated rule set I have honestly yet to figure out. Should make for some fun lock down fun. Enjoy.

#10152 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

How can you possibly keep track of all the goals in this game!? I barely could keep track in tspp and this game makes tspp look like fish tales. Lol

Watch this. It really helps and is a good tutorial.

#10153 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Oh I did already. Thank you! This is obviously slightly older code, as he blatantly back handed the crystal ball shot over and over, which has now been thwarted.

By the way, that series of multiballs at the crystal ball confuses me. Every "award" is like, "hey, here's a multiball. Go fuck yourself." Lol

#10154 4 years ago

Doing some prototyping of a new mod

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10155 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh I did already. Thank you! This is obviously slightly older code, as he blatantly back handed the crystal ball shot over and over, which has now been thwarted.
By the way, that series of multiballs at the crystal ball confuses me. Every "award" is like, "hey, here's a multiball. Go fuck yourself." Lol

It is risk / reward. Every crystal ball MB rewards you with 2x playfield scoring but also punishes you with something like weak flippers or no hold flippers, etc. Try to stack them with another MB like emerald city and also a munchkin mode like munchkin frenzy. Crazy points that way.

#10156 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Appreciate that link. Actually explained a few things I didn’t know.

#10157 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

carefully Pound it back into shape with a rubber mallet, while waiting for replacements?

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s a bit tricky to get them off. I think I will need to get a new set.

Anyone have an extra set of green side rails they would sell? I got a response from someone yesterday followed quickly by a warning from pinside it was a scammer whose account was deactivated.

Thanks again.

#10158 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s a bit tricky to get them off. I think I will need to get a new set.
Anyone have an extra set of green side rails they would sell? I got a response from someone yesterday followed quickly by a warning from pinside it was a scammer whose account was deactivated.
Thanks again.

JJP still has them.

#10159 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

You might get lucky and find one somewhere. Good luck! I will never get rid of my WOZ RR!

Man I can’t believe I missed the last RR run. Looks like everyone has plentiful YBR editions but nothing else. Bummer.

#10160 4 years ago

JJP still has them.

That’s awesome! I hope to talk with them tomorrow.

#10161 4 years ago

Where could a fella find a shaker for this? I see pi ball life has jjp shakers, but something mist have changed after hobbit, because it only lists dialed in, potc and Wonka work with it?

#10162 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hello all. Will you welcome me to your flock? I am a soon to be be a new member and am super excited!
I have The Hobbit and Dialed In. Love them both. Saw Woz at a pinball show two years ago and was shocked how beautiful it was. I was really impressed. It appears to be far deeper than either of those games, is that right? How can you possibly keep track of all the goals in this game!? I barely could keep track in tspp and this game makes tspp look like fish tales. Lol

That’s the cool part of the lcd screen. Every goal is well detailed and tells you in a quick glance where you are at and what’s left.

#10163 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Man I can’t believe I missed the last RR run. Looks like everyone has plentiful YBR editions but nothing else. Bummer.

I bet if you are patient and determined you could get one the next time they are run. My thoughts are that they can build more in the future and will. I would keep an eye on the forums and a few distributors websites. I think I saw someone post on pinside the last time they were released and that is how I got mine. I just got lucky reading the post and calling my distributor to buy it as soon as I heard about it.

#10164 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Anyone have a set of green ECLE side rails they might sell?
There was some damage to my game today, and the rails bent during a sudden shift and force on the cabinet. You can see in the pictures they don't line up with the back box. You can also see the bend.
I was thinking of trying to take them off and just bend them back, but someone suggested I try to get new ones because I won't be able to bend them back without leaving a lot of marks. Any thoughts? If new rails are called for please send me a message if you have any. I did leave messages for JJ today but figured I would ask here as well. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The guy doing the powder coating does a great job with these. I bought a set of rails for my machine and they came out excellent.

#10165 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The guy doing the powder coating does a great job with these. I bought a set of rails for my machine and they came out excellent.

This was the one for powder coating..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

#10166 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Welcome and congrats! Game is all around awesome, you're going to love it!

#10167 4 years ago

Thanks so much. I reached out to JJP, and they might not have the rails. They will let me know, and I will keep this link handy in case I need to go the powder coating route. Thanks again.

#10168 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Thanks so much. I reached out to JJP, and they might not have the rails. They will let me know, and I will keep this link handy in case I need to go the powder coating route. Thanks again.

I sent you a PM.

#10169 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

You can't go wrong with Robert. His work is top notch and he can match the factory color perfectly. He did the coin door for my ACNC and matched the factory blue. You cant tell it was done separately. He also did all of the armor on my SS and the armor and wireforms for my JD. I know he has done WOZ pins of all the different colors before as well. Just shoot him a PM.

#10170 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

You can't go wrong with Robert. His work is top notch and he can match the factory color perfectly. He did the coin door for my ACNC and matched the factory blue. You cant tell it was done separately. He also did all of the armor on my SS and the armor and wireforms for my JD. I know he has done WOZ pins of all the different colors before as well. Just shoot him a PM.

That's awesome to know. I've been in touch with him already this morning. JJP is out of ECLE rails, so I am hoping Robert can make my game look good again with some new, shiny, straight green rails.

#10171 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

That's awesome to know. I've been in touch with him already this morning. JJP is out of ECLE rails, so I am hoping Robert can make my game look good again with some new, shiny, straight green rails.

He will... As mentioned above, his work is excellent and prices are fair.

#10172 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

JJP posted the exact color already, so you wont even have to match it.

#10173 3 years ago

Still on the hunt for a new RR Woz machine! These are proving to be hard to find! yellow Brick Roads all over the place. Hopefully when things get back to normal a new run will be made.

#10174 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Still on the hunt for a new RR Woz machine! These are proving to be hard to find! yellow Brick Roads all over the place. Hopefully when things get back to normal a new run will be made.

I have a RR with 2.0 boards that will be going up for sale soon. All of our mods are on it, some not released yet. A few states away but maybe you're interested.

#10175 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I have a RR with 2.0 boards that will be going up for sale soon. All of our mods are on it, some not released yet. A few states away but maybe you're interested.

I appreciate the offer but looking for one new in box.

As it turns out as of today I found a distributor that has 2 available but I had no clue that the price on these new went from $9,500 to $10,500. Crazy that in less than a year from when I originally set out to purchase one, RR editions have a $1,000 price increase! That was surprising.

#10176 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

As it turns out as of today I found a distributor that has 2 available but I had no clue that the price on these new went from $9,500 to $10,500. Crazy that in less than a year from when I originally set out to purchase one, RR editions have a $1,000 price increase! That was surprising.

Better than $11,500 without a monkey!

#10177 3 years ago

What was the reason for taking out the monkey anyways?

#10178 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Stupidity.

#10179 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Funny stuff on price increase. I bought my RR, nib, in2014, for $8500, free shipping. I thought that was really high at the time. Still love it.

#10180 3 years ago

The 1k price increase in less than a year was shocking. At first thought it was a mistaken price quote in the email the distributor sent. I asked to clarify that it was $10,500 not what I was quoted less than a year ago of $9,500. The distributor told me there has been a $1,000 price increase since last June when I originally inquired on new WoZ Ruby Red machines. I’m a buyer at $9,5000. With an extra 1k added To WoZ, there are other other machines that I will now look at instead. JJP should update their website because although out of stock, they still show the $9500 price for Ruby Reds.

#10181 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The 1k price increase in less than a year was shocking. At first thought it was a mistaken price quote in the email the distributor sent. I asked to clarify that it was $10,500 not what I was quoted less than a year ago of $9,500. The distributor told me there has been a $1,000 price increase since last June when I originally inquired on new WoZ Ruby Red machines. I’m a buyer at $9,5000. With an extra 1k added To WoZ, there are other other machines that I will now look at instead. JJP should update their website because although out of stock, they still show the $9500 price for Ruby Reds.

I thought Ruby Reds were still selling for $9,500 if in stock?

#10182 3 years ago

Was it a $1k JJP imposed price increase, or $1k mark up by distributor? I guess with the yellow brick road edition out there collecting dust at $11.5k, may as well have the more inclusive RR edition match it in price.

#10183 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought Ruby Reds were still selling for $9,500 if in stock?

Not according to the distributor I contacted, I was told there has been a $1,000 price increase on Ruby Red’s since I last inquired in June.

Quoted from DruTheFu:

Was it a $1k JJP imposed price increase, or $1k mark up by distributor? I guess with the yellow brick road edition out there collecting dust at $11.5k, may as well have the more inclusive RR edition
match it in price.

Good question that I did not ask. I don’t know if distributors can put mark-ups On pinball machines? Why would you mark up a Wizard of Oz Ruby Red? Must come from JJP for the last run? When I originally asked JJP if they had any in stock to buy direct they told me to call up the distributor that has them.

He has 3 in stock @ $10,500- I told him I’d be a buyer at $9,500 yesterday like they were quoted to me last June. I would imagine that if he could, he would sell at that price. Maybe JJP increased the prices on Ruby Red’s 1k?

#10184 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Not according to the distributor I contacted, I was told there has been a $1,000 price increase on Ruby Red’s since I last inquired in June.

Good question that I did not ask. I don’t know if distributors can put mark-ups On pinball machines? Why would you mark up a Wizard of Oz Ruby Red? Must come from JJP for the last run? When I originally asked JJP if they had any in stock to buy direct they told me to call up the distributor that has them.
He has 3 in stock @ $10,500- I told him I’d be a buyer at $9,500 yesterday like they were quoted to me last June. I would imagine that if he could, he would sell at that price. Maybe JJP increased the prices on Ruby Red’s 1k?

Oh really?? So a new RR would be $10,500 to buy??

#10185 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

They certainly can mark-up games and sell them for whatever they want, the fact they have three and no other distributors have any may be because he's asking $10500 for them though.

#10186 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Good move on offer. These games are already expensive as it is.
I feel this is a distro mark up but could be wrong. What distributor may I ask?

#10187 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh really?? So a new RR would be $10,500 to buy??

Yes. There has been a $1,000 price increase on New Ruby Red’s according to the info I got from the distributor.

Quoted from bobukcat:

They certainly can mark-up games and sell them for whatever they want, the fact they have three and no other distributors have any may be because he's asking $10500 for them though.

Maybe it is a mark up then? Would make sense I guess. I do not pay mark ups for anything, cars especially. If I see a mark up, that’s when I walk. I walked because I took what was said to me as a JJP initiated price Increase. Felt kind of strange to go up so much in less than a year. It did made sense to me since Stern did same in the new year. I would be surprised for a distributor mark up on a WoZ RR. Still puzzling. The distributor did not say it was a mark up just that there has been a price increase.

If it is a mark up I get the hustle, get what you can get, just not from me.

If it is a mark up rolling the supply and demand dice, the dist. could’ve sold one for $9,500 yesterday. Still could today.

On the flip side as far as supply and demand goes, you’d think there would be a mark-down on Yellow Brick Road Editions since they are everywhere. I’d be a buyer for a YBR at $9,000-$9,500 new. Seems like a fair price for taking a super cool mech out. After a year YBR’s are still everywhere.

JJP shows $9,500 on their site but out of stock?

BCCBCB76-ED77-4EAC-99BB-B5E54B63D6B4 (resized).jpegBCCBCB76-ED77-4EAC-99BB-B5E54B63D6B4 (resized).jpeg
#10188 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Good move on offer. These games are already expensive as it is.
I feel this is a distro mark up but could be wrong. What distributor may I ask?

I emailed JJP and they sent me to Pinballs.com

#10189 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Didn't fit in there with the switch to the new cabinet.

And it often had problems. So someone decided to make it a virtual monkey.

LTG : )

#10190 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Didn't fit in there with the switch to the new cabinet.
And it often had problems. So someone decided to make it a virtual monkey.
LTG : )

Gotcha thanks. Was always curious on that one.

#10191 3 years ago

$9,500 “cash on glass” for a NIB....I would think distros would search you out for a for sure sale. Maybe put out a Wanted ad.

#10192 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

$9,500 “cash on glass” for a NIB....I would think distros would search you out for a for sure sale. Maybe put out a Wanted ad.

Right?! You’d think so since there are 3 available that have been sitting around since December/Jan or so when the last run was made collecting dust and you have someone ready and willing to buy. With the new 1k price increase maybe the Profit margin is not so swell.

I emailed JJP just to clarify. Haven’t heard back yet. I think I will post a wanted add.

#10193 3 years ago

Question for you guys. The bulbs for my GI are super dark. I cannot see any setting to change that? Yes, there aren't as many bulbs, but they are flat out barely on. Am I missing something?

I have the 2.0 board upgrade for a 2013 standard edition. I check under all the little bulb domes, and they line up perfectly. Surely the game isn't THIS dark... is it? The GI may as well not even be on. Is there something I can do to make them actually bright?

Edit: I even went to pinstadium's website, and their BEFORE picture looks brighter than mine lol. Is it possible that the person before me didn't hook up the 2.0s correctly? Like, tied into the wrong power?

#10194 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Question for you guys. The bulbs for my GI are super dark. I cannot see any setting to change that? Yes, there aren't as many bulbs, but they are flat out barely on. Am I missing something?
I have the 2.0 board upgrade for a 2013 standard edition. I check under all the little bulb domes, and they line up perfectly. Surely the game isn't THIS dark... is it? The GI may as well not even be on. Is there something I can do to make them actually bright?
Edit: I even went to pinstadium's website, and their BEFORE picture looks brighter than mine lol. Is it possible that the person before me didn't hook up the 2.0s correctly? Like, tied into the wrong power?

2.0 gi is barely perceptible in a lit room. Pathetic. JJP claimed they were going to try to do something about it, but nothing so far.

#10195 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

2.0 gi is barely perceptible in a lit room. Pathetic. JJP claimed they were going to try to do something about it, but nothing so far.

Maybe mine aren't working right? Mine look straight up off in a lit room, and barely perceptible in a dark room.

20200428_123622 (resized).jpg20200428_123622 (resized).jpg
#10196 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Funny stuff on price increase. I bought my RR, nib, in2014, for $8500, free shipping. I thought that was really high at the time. Still love it.

I thought $7500 was a stretch for the red anniversary edition back when i ordered my ECLEWOZ for $6500...

I just preferred the green, which is odd since im red/green color-blind lol...

With all matts mods and steves mods, i wont sell it.

It plays like a dream!

#10197 3 years ago

I picked up (first pin) for 7500 BOD nov 2015...I fixed a couple issues but am taking it downstairs soon and will have a local tech dial it up as I am new to this .Was wondering what is a moderate $ per hour for a tech to come out .I know parts I need and what they cost I just want to make sure guy is not gouging me as I do a lot of remodel work for people and I’m fair to all.Thanks for input n yes this game is great !! I’m sorr to NIB buyers but I was glad to see this game stretch to 10,500 new .I was worried I overpaid .

#10198 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Maybe mine aren't working right? Mine look straight up off in a lit room, and barely perceptible in a dark room.[quoted image]

Yeah - that looks more extreme than my experience of 2.0. I don’t know what to say about that.

#10199 3 years ago

I thought $7500 was a stretch for the red anniversary edition back when i ordered my ECLEWOZ for $6500...
I just preferred the green, which is odd since im red/green color-blind lol...
With all matts mods and steves mods, i wont sell it.
It plays like a dream!

The 6.5 ECLE was long gone by the time I jumped in. I ponied up cash in fall of 2011 and the ECLE was selling for 7.5K at that time.
Then at the end of 2013 they announced the 75th anniversary RRWOZ for 9k, 7 years ago. The option that is cutoff was invisiglass for an extra 250.

I wouid love to know if anyone got a NIB RRWOZ for 7.5K
Capture4 (resized).jpgCapture4 (resized).jpg

#10200 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I picked up (first pin) for 7500 BOD nov 2015...I fixed a couple issues but am taking it downstairs soon and will have a local tech dial it up as I am new to this .Was wondering what is a moderate $ per hour for a tech to come out .I know parts I need and what they cost I just want to make sure guy is not gouging me as I do a lot of remodel work for people and I’m fair to all.Thanks for input n yes this game is great !! I’m sorr to NIB buyers but I was glad to see this game stretch to 10,500 new .I was worried I overpaid .

What still needs fixing? It may be simple, and we can talk you through it. Or if you’re not comfortable, we may be able to tell you how involved it would be for a tech to fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/204?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.