767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 306.
#10051 4 years ago

Nothing happened and nothing was done different. Literally just one day playing and noticed the crystal ball wasn’t right. I was troubleshooting when I reseated the card and cable. Then imaged a new card. Then updated software. Then imaged the original card. Still lagging. So to answer, I was in the troubleshooting stages when I tried a new image on a new card

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Nothing happened and nothing was done different. Literally just one day playing and noticed the crystal ball wasn’t right. I was troubleshooting when I reseated the card and cable. Then imaged a new card. Then updated software. Then imaged the original card. Still lagging. So to answer, I was in the troubleshooting stages when I tried a new image on a new card

Maybe grab a new screen when they become available.

#10053 4 years ago

I really think JJP should release the code for the screen. It can't be all that complex (it's a basic function of this screen to do what they are doing) so it's not like they are giving away government secrets. They release game code but if they go belly up then we have no way to replace this screen until someone writes code and gets new video clips. At least this way we can reprogram screens (I have the cable) and duplicate the SD cards.

I asked a few JJP people and basically I got the response that the only way to get a working screen was to buy it from them. I say, in this day and age, we should be able to repair items as much as possible at home.

#10054 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I say, in this day and age, we should be able to repair items as much as possible at home.

Whilst I agree with you that's not the way it is! Companies make a boatload out of parts and repairs. Was watching some news show that talked about how John Deere doesn't allow for anyone, who buys JD equipment, to know the software and what not that runs their machines. They force these farmers to pay to have their machines hauled into a JD place to have it service. We're talking about this big farm equipment that cost thousands to just haul to JD for service. One guy found a Russian site that allowed him to hack the software on his JD tractor so he could do it himself.

Actually found the episode....interesting to watch: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xykkkd/why-american-farmers-are-hacking-their-tractors-with-ukrainian-firmware

#10055 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Whilst I agree with you that's not the way it is! Companies make a boatload out of parts and repairs. Was watching some news show that talked about how John Deere doesn't allow for anyone, who buys JD equipment, to know the software and what not that runs their machines. They force these farmers to pay to have their machines hauled into a JD place to have it service. We're talking about this big farm equipment that cost thousands to just haul to JD for service. One guy found a Russian site that allowed him to hack the software on his JD tractor so he could do it himself.
Actually found the episode....interesting to watch: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xykkkd/why-american-farmers-are-hacking-their-tractors-with-ukrainian-firmware

Yeah, been following that for a while as a software developer it is very interesting. I've run in to similar things in car repair, but generally there are people out there enterprising enough to have created work arounds for specialized tools and software. Still hard to program your own smart key in many cases, almost impossible.

I can't imagine they are making much of anything on the screens. Their price isn't much more than retail and even with a bulk discount it can't be that profitable. The SD card as well. Then again, those things seem to break a ton so maybe them and 4D are making a killing on replacing WOZ screens lol.

#10056 4 years ago

Hello. Does anyone know what to use for a touch up paint on an ECLE side rail? I did a stupid thing. I pulled the PC cover to change the motherboard battery and the edge of the cover nicked the side rail. It's a very small chip, but it bugs the crap outta my OCD.

Thanks,
Chris

#10057 4 years ago

Nice!

Yeah, I asked the seller to make sure that it was nothing visible and he confirmed.

Just received my playfield - with the exception of a small defect near the shooter lane it looks fantastic!

#10058 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Hello. Does anyone know what to use for a touch up paint on an ECLE side rail? I did a stupid thing. I pulled the PC cover to change the motherboard battery and the edge of the cover nicked the side rail. It's a very small chip, but it bugs the crap outta my OCD.
Thanks,
Chris

Krylon sells a paint that sort of gets you part of the way there. You can then use some nail polish or mix up some green spray paint in to this one and dab it on with a tiny applicator. My wife happens to have a ton of UV activated nail polish so I leveraged some of that. I also have green resin that can UV curve if you want some. It's a bit of a bitch to deal with and you need a UV light to cure it but it makes a rock hard finish.

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K03804A00-Glitter-Blast-Diamond/dp/B005574KQS/ref=sr_1_2

https://www.amazon.com/Mudder-Disposable-Applicators-Automotive-Available/dp/B07XYYX9B5/ref=sr_1_1

It won't be a perfect match but this is part of what we use to paint the witch flames and it is a very close match. The scratch will still be there and you'll be able to see it but it will bug you less, from a fellow OCD.

#10059 4 years ago

It's a DMG image of the card.

Is that easy to copy to another card?

#10060 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is that easy to copy to another card?

It’s simple. At least with a MacBook Pro. I literally downloaded the file. Put in a card, and wrote it. Easy as that

#10061 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

It’s simple. At least with a MacBook Pro. I literally downloaded the file. Put in a card, and wrote it. Easy as that

What if you have a PC? Wonder if simply copying the image and transferring would work?

#10062 4 years ago

I can convert it, there are other converters out there as well. I am guessing an IMG will work, if you need it let me know and I'll look.

#10063 4 years ago

I can convert it, there are other converters out there as well. I am guessing an IMG will work, if you need it let me know and I'll look.

Im just curious and always planning for future issues haha. Figuring if it was easy to copy, I would just save it on my hard drive with my WOZ backup..

#10064 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im just curious and always planning for future issues haha. Figuring if it was easy to copy, I would just save it on my hard drive with my WOZ backup..

Oh you can, I guess I can just post it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w-tcg6Y3b-kOzs39J4BOfgDkKhn55RWV

#10065 4 years ago

Dumb question, is there a shortcut to end games on JJP games (like holding left and start on sterns)? I have kids who press start and walk away, drives me nuts and have not found a solution for JJPs other than opening the door and going into the menu.

#10066 4 years ago

Hey, thanks for that! Much appreciated!!

#10067 4 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Dumb question, is there a shortcut to end games on JJP games (like holding left and start on sterns)? I have kids who press start and walk away, drives me nuts and have not found a solution for JJPs other than opening the door and going into the menu.

Good to know for Stern machines too. I was at a pin arcade a few months ago and there were so many games left mid game.. Was annoying.

#10068 4 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Yeah, it's in the game settings. Most modern games have it, usually something like "Game Restart" and none, fast and slow. Don't recall what or where it in JJP but it's there.

#10069 4 years ago

Yeah, it's in the game settings. Most modern games have it, usually something like "Game Restart" and none, fast and slow. Don't recall what or where it in JJP but it's there.

Game restart yes, game end I don't think so.

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey, thanks for that! Much appreciated!!

Thank you from me also!!!

#10071 4 years ago

Hi All,

Question, is there a way to increase the volume for the dialogue call-outs? The sounds are loud but whenever there is any of the characters talking it is barely noticeable. When you start a game and the witch laughs, you can barely hear it. I went into the sound settings but didn't appear to find anything that would fix it. I just updated the code and that didn't help either. I am wondering if there is a lose speaker wire or something but I have the worst luck troubleshooting things on my own and usually end up making issues worse so wanted to throw this out to the masses to see if there is anything I am missing. Thanks in advance.

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Hi All,
Question, is there a way to increase the volume for the dialogue call-outs? The sounds are loud but whenever there is any of the characters talking it is barely noticeable. When you start a game and the witch laughs, you can barely hear it. I went into the sound settings but didn't appear to find anything that would fix it. I just updated the code and that didn't help either. I am wondering if there is a lose speaker wire or something but I have the worst luck troubleshooting things on my own and usually end up making issues worse so wanted to throw this out to the masses to see if there is anything I am missing. Thanks in advance.

I would think something is loose somewhere. Check the connections to the metal box in the cabinet. One time I pulled mine slightly and the voices went very quiet.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Hi All,

There are many adjustments for sound in the servive menu.

You can adjust the percentages there as well a effects volume.

#10074 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would think something is loose somewhere. Check the connections to the metal box in the cabinet. One time I pulled mine slightly and the voices went very quiet.

I'm with Rager on this one.
My audio cord needs jiggling sometimes(probably should replace it) but jiggling works for now. The jiggling has to occur where it is connected to the extension for me, as opposed to right at the pc input.

#10075 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There are many adjustments for sound in the servive menu.
You can adjust the percentages there as well a effects volume.

in the service menu, in the "speech" setting, it looks like there are 3 categories, "running - repeat - manual". it says "press ENTER to change mode. Is "enter" the black button, if so, it doesn't do anything.

I checked all the connections, they are good. it has to be a volume adjustment but not seeing how to increase the sound for "speech".

#10076 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

in the service menu, in the "speech" setting, it looks like there are 3 categories, "running - repeat - manual". it says "press ENTER to change mode. Is "enter" the black button, if so, it doesn't do anything.
I checked all the connections, they are good. it has to be a volume adjustment but not seeing how to increase the sound for "speech".

Do you have the manual?

Its really helpful in learing how things work.

Its on the JJP website.

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My audio cord needs jiggling sometimes(probably should replace it) but jiggling works for now.

You might unplug it and clean it, see if that helps.

LTG : )

#10078 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Do you have the manual?
Its really helpful in learing how things work.
Its on the JJP website.

good call, i only have the cd-rom and don't have a cd drive on my computer. will look on there site. just seems strange that i can toggle between the sounds on the setting board but can't adjust them.

#10079 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Hi All,

Pull the ground loop out of the mix speech should go back to normal, then purchase another one from anybody outside of JJ they respectfully did not get a good brand in, they fail often.

#10080 4 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Pull the ground loop out of the mix speech should go back to normal, then purchase another one from anybody outside of JJ they respectfully did not get a good brand in, they fail often.

thanks, just so you know, i am borderline pinball illiterate, are you referring to the green ground wire? The manual doesn't help, just tells you how to increase certain sounds, but i have done that and checked the connections.

can you be more specific? thanks for helping a brother out, just not sure what you mean by "ground loop". thanks again, always impressed with how much people help. really appreciate it.

#10081 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

thanks, just so you know, i am borderline pinball illiterate, are you referring to the green ground wire? The manual doesn't help, just tells you how to increase certain sounds, but i have done that and checked the connections.
can you be more specific? thanks for helping a brother out, just not sure what you mean by "ground loop". thanks again, always impressed with how much people help. really appreciate it.

He is talking about a ground loop isolator. They look something similar to this.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10082 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

He is talking about a ground loop isolator. They look something similar to this.[quoted image]

okay, i think i am tracking with you. i looked in the manual, looks like it's J5, which is a 3.5mm audio output for the headphones. if i disconnect it and still play it while i order one, will it ruin anything?

#10083 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

okay, i think i am tracking with you. i looked in the manual, looks like it's J5, which is a 3.5mm audio output for the headphones. if i disconnect it and still play it while i order one, will it ruin anything?

No, i really dont think so. What that does is it prevents humms and static noises from entering the speakers. Personally, I dont think thats your issue but it could be. You just never know with these things.

I had an issue like yours and it ended up being that the RCA's for the audio got weird. A little wiggly push in to secure the connection to the CPU metal box fixed it. Then when i lowered the playfield, it happened again. So I went back and again, secured them best I could and its stayed fixed.

This was just my experience but as mentioned, it could be other things. You just never really know.

#10084 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, i really dont think so. What that does is it prevents humms and static noises from entering the speakers. Personally, I dont think thats your issue but it could be. You just never know with these things.
I had an issue like yours and it ended up being that the RCA's for the audio got weird. A little wiggly push in to secure the connection to the CPU metal box fixed it. Then when i lowered the playfield, it happened again. So I went back and again, secured them best I could and its stayed fixed.
This was just my experience but as mentioned, it could be other things. You just never really know.

RCA cables look like this.

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks so much for your help. So, I disconnected the 3.5mm cable from the port going into the metal box, and disconnected the ground isolator, went to plug it all back, then realized there are 3 3.5mm ports, green blue and pink and i didn't look before i plugged it back in so then there was no sound at all. lol. so i plugged everything back in, including the isolator, it worked. lol go figure.

I thought since the port in the metal box was pink, i thought it should plug into the 3.5mm pink port leading into the box but it worked when i plugged it into the blue port.

either way, it appears to be working an wouldn't have figured it out without your help so thank you so much. stay safe out there!

#10086 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Hi All,

I had the exact same problem a couple years ago. Pull out the RCA cables, clean and slightly crimp the plug ends so it fits tighter to the jack when you plug them back in. Haven't had a problem since.

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Hi All,

I found that the zip ties inside the box were putting side pressure on the red/white rca cables. Removing the zip ties and reseating them on the connectors fixed the problem for me.

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Mine has this exact same issue. I have to gently lower the playfield and moving the cables along to prevent it.

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thanks so much for your help. So, I disconnected the 3.5mm cable from the port going into the metal box, and disconnected the ground isolator, went to plug it all back, then realized there are 3 3.5mm ports, green blue and pink and i didn't look before i plugged it back in so then there was no sound at all. lol. so i plugged everything back in, including the isolator, it worked. lol go figure.
I thought since the port in the metal box was pink, i thought it should plug into the 3.5mm pink port leading into the box but it worked when i plugged it into the blue port.
either way, it appears to be working an wouldn't have figured it out without your help so thank you so much. stay safe out there!

These are the same as a computer. Should be the Green connection for audio out.

#10090 4 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

I found that the zip ties inside the box were putting side pressure on the red/white rca cables. Removing the zip ties and reseating them on the connectors fixed the problem for me.

Interesting.. I am going to look at this on mine. Could be my issue as well as others that are mentioning it.

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Whoops, I didnt read all the way that it worked.. and good, becuase what I thought was wrong haha. Either way, neither would give you a problem as it simply wouldnt work.

Curious, did removing the ground loop isolator fix the problem? If not, you can put it back.

#10092 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Be prepared for this to happen again and with more frequency if not excellent but if it happens again and moving the wires does not help toss the issiolaton device and replace - trust me I almost killed woz over this issue.

#10093 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Whoops, I didnt read all the way that it worked.. and good, becuase what I thought was wrong haha. Either way, neither would give you a problem as it simply wouldnt work.
Curious, did removing the ground loop isolator fix the problem? If not, you can put it back.

initially it didn't work but it could have been because i plugged the end that is outside of the metal box into the pink port so i reconnected everything back the way it was and for giggles fired it back up and it worked. i had taken the playfield up and down too many times and didn't feel like doing it again to disconnect the isolator. but if it happens again i know what to do. i just got this pin and have been playing it with the sound only half working, now that it works it's a whole new experience. much better.

#10094 4 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Be prepared for this to happen again and with more frequency if not excellent but if it happens again and moving the wires does not help toss the issiolaton device and replace - trust me I almost killed woz over this issue.

will do man, thanks for the insight. will probably order a new one just in case cuz they're not expensive. thanks again my friend.

#10095 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

initially it didn't work but it could have been because i plugged the end that is outside of the metal box into the pink port so i reconnected everything back the way it was and for giggles fired it back up and it worked. i had taken the playfield up and down too many times and didn't feel like doing it again to disconnect the isolator. but if it happens again i know what to do. i just got this pin and have been playing it with the sound only half working, now that it works it's a whole new experience. much better.

Ok great, glad to hear its working correctly now. So was it most likely a loose wire?

#10096 4 years ago

I have had problems with my winkie drop target for some time now. The test shows that the target is stuck open. I am not by any means an electrical guy, can someone tell me what this means and how do I fix this? Thanks.

#10097 4 years ago
Quoted from irishpin:

I have had problems with my winkie drop target for some time now. The test shows that the target is stuck open. I am not by any means an electrical guy, can someone tell me what this means and how do I fix this? Thanks.

Check that the switch isnt loose or missing its screws.

Sometimes it needs to be turned slightly so that the actuator tab on the drop target hits it better.

Its attached to a clear plastic mount.

Click it with a finger, make sure it makes a slight click sound.

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from irishpin:

Also make sure that its working correctly. I had an issue with mine where it wasnt going down when it should have been. I didnt realize until the problem was fixed how often it goes down by itself.

#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from irishpin:

Also to mention to the problem I had, it was caused by me needing to bend the target bracket to allow more room for the target to move. When I did this, it wouldnt allow the metal arm connected to the coil to hit the target to lower it on its own. It took a bit of tweaking (bending of parts) to get to work right.

#10100 4 years ago

Did anyone hear anything about the "horse with a different color" collection on ball launch bug? I thought someone had said a while back that this was a known bug and being fixed. Any update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/202?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.