Topic Stats

• 10,450 posts
  • 555 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 251 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,412 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200525_132917 (resized).jpg
5F0CA0EB-BA75-4167-BBD6-52E2EE424E09 (resized).jpeg
36266128-1D1F-4F6A-83A3-5AFC90B5B39C (resized).jpeg
5F9AFFBA-A515-4D93-8923-D29C8C388D76 (resized).jpeg
61810B47-2487-491B-8990-E51514FB777A (resized).jpeg
5D3A0522-469C-47AC-A1B4-014B4C2C94AC (resized).jpeg
00F80674-683F-4A86-BFFA-0D1FCEF108CA (resized).jpeg
400e6ddb5a5c9de05fbf6e5f0ab9894817e6ad9a (resized).jpg
IMG_2228 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (6) (resized).jpg
E806904B-B871-4342-995A-78970A07A04E (resized).jpeg
6407A27F-4E00-48EC-981C-9E31225A7386 (resized).jpeg
DF575CEF-117F-492E-8304-20E2CFCC8C52 (resized).jpeg
8359095F-A52D-4979-A898-F248CEDF8CDA (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200521-151905 (resized).png
19946BCB-DED8-4062-8049-EB65E4286101 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10450 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 209.
#10001 62 days ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Really? interesting..

Its a setting in the service menu.

#10002 61 days ago
Quoted from Gamer85:

Really? interesting..

There is an adjustment in the settings for being able to kill the pops with both flippers. You can set it to never, always or only when the Haunted Forest mode is ready to start. I believe the latter is the default setting.

#10003 59 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There is an adjustment in the settings for being able to kill the pops with both flippers. You can set it to never, always or only when the Haunted Forest mode is ready to start. I believe the latter is the default setting.

On my RR, the default is holding in the flipper buttons, shuts the pops down. Anytime. In addition to holding the flippers to stop the pop bumpers, the flipper switches are two position switches on my RR. Part way in activates the main flippers only. All the way in activates all flippers. So you can use the first position, to get up the right orbit without hitting the RH middle flipper and the upper play field flippers do not activate.

#10004 58 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93946

Just upgraded my lights so trying to make up some money with the old ones if anyone can use them.

Thanks

#10005 58 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93946
Just upgraded my lights so trying to make up some money with the old ones if anyone can use them.
Thanks

You might want to revise your ad with what version of board, buffered or not, etc. Potential buyers will be asking.

#10006 58 days ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

You might want to revise your ad with what version of board, buffered or not, etc. Potential buyers will be asking.

Was just thinking that same thing

#10007 57 days ago

My Ruby Red now has “check switch #12 house home stuck open “. Tried reseating Optos , no help. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.

#10008 57 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Tried reseating Optos ,

At the opto driver board ? If so plug them into a different spot and see if they work, though registering as something else. If not, you know the opto failed.

LTG : )

#10009 56 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

My Ruby Red now has “check switch #12 house home stuck open “. Tried reseating Optos , no help. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.

have you been able to make the house spin during gameplay? if not, go into the Full Menu -> Tests -> Device Tests-> Spinning House and run the house test.

#10010 56 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

At the opto driver board ? If so plug them into a different spot and see if they work, though registering as something else. If not, you know the opto failed.

I am the one that had to change my spinning house, a while back. Maybe you remember, I hope. I moved the opto connectors, no sound at all on the Brown one ( drive). Sound like the U shaped opto? Do I have to remove the mini- Playfield to get at it? Thanks, again.

#10011 56 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I am the one that had to change my spinning house, a while back. Maybe you remember, I hope. I moved the opto connectors, no sound at all on the Brown one ( drive). Sound like the U shaped opto? Do I have to remove the mini- Playfield to get at it? Thanks, again.

Correction, make that the orange,( return ) No sounds.

#10012 56 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Do I have to remove the mini- Playfield to get at it?

I don't recall. You can look underneath and see if there is room. If so you'd have to lift the playfield for the connectors anyway.

#10013 56 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't recall. You can look underneath and see if there is room. If so you'd have to lift the playfield for the connectors anyway.

You are right, no room. Gotta pull it, again. At least I am experienced at it. Would you recommend ordering just that one, and a spare?

#10014 56 days ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Would you recommend ordering just that one, and a spare?

A spare wouldn't hurt.

#10015 56 days ago

Will do. Meant to meet you at TPF. Probably next year. Thanks, again.

#10016 56 days ago

If anyone is wanting a playfield I bought one of these and they are in fantastic condition. The defect in mine is not really even noticeable.

ebay.com link

#10017 55 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If anyone is wanting a playfield I bought one of these and they are in fantastic condition. The defect in mine is not really even noticeable.
ebay.com link

Wow great price.

What was the defect that yours had exactly?

#10018 55 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow great price.
What was the defect that yours had exactly?

It was under the Castle playfield area which is completely invisible when the playfield is installed. It looked like the edge of the plywood chipped and it was filled. I wouldn't have questioned it if was even listed as a perfect playfield. I can't speak for all of them but I questioned the seller and he made me comfortable that I wouldn't be disappointed.

#10019 55 days ago

Please can some one help me. My friend has a WOZ and has a problem with it.
He needs to locate the USB to USB mini cable supposedly the data cable from the io board.
He’s having a few problems with lights out and told this cable might be the cause
not seated properly, but can’t find it. Please can some one advise.

Thankyou in advance Simon

#10020 55 days ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

He needs to locate the USB to USB mini cable supposedly the data cable from the io board.

Should be easy to find. Page C-54 in the manual. Runs from I/O board to W6 LED board. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Wizard Of Oz. I/O board pinouts start on page D-138

Probably not his problem though. This might help :

Please check out page C-54 in the manual ( you can download it at jerseyjackpinball.com ) that page shows the data harness path. From W6 to #29, to #1, to #2, to #3, etc. etc.

Please go into Tests - LEDs - All LEDs, this turns any working all white. Lift playfield and lean on backbox. You can see the working ones kind of glow.

They are wired in series, a straight line. Find the last working one, the one after it that is out is the bad one. With the power on, you can by pass the data harnesses on the LED boards, bypass the bad one, and turn off in settings. ( be sure and turn it back on when you replace it ) this will help you identify a bad one.

As an example, say #15 was out. You can run the data harness from red on W2, to green on #16 instead of #15. If the rest light up, you know #15 is the bad one.

With the power on you can move data harnesses. They go red to green from board to board. Don't mess with the power connectors with the power on.

#10021 55 days ago

ebay.com link

Thank you for the heads up Harry. Almost pulled the trigger when he had it up before, but was taken down before I could get it. Now it's mine!

#10022 55 days ago

ebay.com link

Looks like you might have gotten a good one. I looked at those about a year ago but didn’t buy one because many inserts still had bits of the casting arms visible, like they were installed without sanding them all the way off first.

#10023 55 days ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Thank you for the heads up Harry. Almost pulled the trigger when he had it up before, but was taken down before I could get it. Now it's mine!

Nice!

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Looks like you might have gotten a good one. I looked at those about a year ago but didn’t buy one because many inserts still had bits of the casting arms visible, like they were installed without sanding them all the way off first.

Yeah, I asked the seller to make sure that it was nothing visible and he confirmed.

#10024 55 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I bought one direct from the seller from his site. They go for 125 to 200 dollars. I believe he Coin Op Parts buys most of the seconds from all of the Pinball OEMs. The one I bought last year from them was 135 shipped and looked perfect from what I could tell. I believe the listings above are from the same seller.

https://www.coinoppartsetc.com/shop/all?search=Wizard

#10025 55 days ago

ebay.com link

I purchased one from this seller as well. No defect visible what so ever. Under the house playfield the green line was just a little bit not-so-solid printed. Completely invisible when installed and would never even know it if my current RR had this same printing as well. Excellent for wall art currently and perfect for a playfield swap in 10 years!

#10026 54 days ago

Explored a new area of the game today - realized there was no mini game to get this ball back . Gave me a reason to do a wipe down and re-adjust the crystal ball connections.

Be safe and happy playing everyone.

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
#10027 54 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be easy to find. Page C-54 in the manual. Runs from I/O board to W6 LED board. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Wizard Of Oz. I/O board pinouts start on page D-138
Probably not his problem though. This might help :
Please check out page C-54 in the manual ( you can download it at jerseyjackpinball.com ) that page shows the data harness path. From W6 to #29, to #1, to #2, to #3, etc. etc.
Please go into Tests - LEDs - All LEDs, this turns any working all white. Lift playfield and lean on backbox. You can see the working ones kind of glow.
They are wired in series, a straight line. Find the last working one, the one after it that is out is the bad one. With the power on, you can by pass the data harnesses on the LED boards, bypass the bad one, and turn off in settings. ( be sure and turn it back on when you replace it ) this will help you identify a bad one.
As an example, say #15 was out. You can run the data harness from red on W2, to green on #16 instead of #15. If the rest light up, you know #15 is the bad one.
With the power on you can move data harnesses. They go red to green from board to board. Don't mess with the power connectors with the power on.

Wow thanks for taking the time to help us
out over here, don’t think we could have fixed it with out all this information.
Thankyou and please stay safe over there.
Simon

#10028 53 days ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Wow thanks for taking the time to help us
out over here, don’t think we could have fixed it with out all this information.
Thankyou and please stay safe over there.
Simon

We’re all very lucky to have Lloyd the Great as he is one of the greatest assets we pinheads have!!

#10029 53 days ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

We’re all very lucky to have Lloyd the Great as he is one of the greatest assets we pinheads have!!

Let's not get carried away here. While I appreciate the kind words. Many, many people help others here.

I hate being singled out and slighting others who help to.

#10030 53 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Let's not get carried away here. While I appreciate the kind words. Many, many people help others here.
I hate being singled out and slighting others who help to.

Lloyd is literally the only reason I know how to fix pinball machines, or know how to do restorations, or am even in this hobby to begin with. If he didn't give me the confidence to fix my first machine (a WOZ), I wouldn't be nearly as knowledgeable about the hobby as I am.

None of the other people around here have done anything to help. Not one. It's all been Lloyd, and nothing but.

I'll die whispering his name in obeisance.

#10031 53 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lloyd is literally the only reason I know how to fix pinball machines, or know how to do restorations, or am even in this hobby to begin with. If he didn't give me the confidence to fix my first machine (a WOZ), I wouldn't be nearly as knowledgeable about the hobby as I am.
None of the other people around here have done anything to help. Not one. It's all been Lloyd, and nothing but.

Nobody has ever been of help to you?? Thats too bad. Many, many people on pinside have been helpful in general it seems.

#10032 53 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Nobody has ever been of help to you?? Thats too bad. Many, many people on pinside have been helpful in general it seems.

I think he’s joking.

#10033 53 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think he’s joking.

hahha went over my head I guess. I was gonna say! lol

#10034 53 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So you're saying it's his fault we have to put up with you on here, maybe he's not so great after all!! (Just kidding of course)

#10035 53 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think he’s joking.

When a school teacher is using big words. He's joking.

Quoted from bobukcat:

So you're saying it's his fault we have to put up with you on here, maybe he's not so great after all!!

Now that is great.

I most humbly apologize for attracting miscreants to Pinside. I hope everyone can find it in their hearts to forgive me.

#10036 53 days ago

While we’re praising ltg , I will add that he offered me repair advice on one of my first posts on my first pin when I was really in over my head nearly 6 years ago. Without that advice, and the advice of others over the years, I never would have stayed in this hobby, and certainly wouldn’t have had the courage to buy more pins, like WOZ, that I own today.

#10037 53 days ago

Thanks again Lloyd, we are still now up and running with our WOZ

#10038 53 days ago

Same experience with Lloyd. Sometimes the only one to respond to my questions and re-questions on the same topic.

On another note..

#10039 53 days ago

Ok, so all this amazing talk about Lloyd. Maybe he can help. My crystal ball is “lagging”. The videos that are supposed to play are playing late. Meaning they don’t match up to gameplay. I have reseated all cables, flashed a new sd card image (thanks to harryhoudini for the image), and even updated the software to run 7.02. Still lagging. Where do I go from here?

#10040 53 days ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Ok, so all this amazing talk about Lloyd. Maybe he can help. My crystal ball is “lagging”. The videos that are supposed to play are playing late. Meaning they don’t match up to gameplay. I have reseated all cables, flashed a new sd card image (thanks to harryhoudini for the image), and even updated the software to run 7.02. Still lagging. Where do I go from here?

New screen. Gotta order it from JJP. Either it's that or the signal from the IO board to play the videos but I would think that is less likely.

#10041 53 days ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I don’t think it is uncommon to lag. It is an imperfect toy that was a cool idea but execution never really matched expectation. However, if it is significantly lagging all the time, that might be something.

#10042 53 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t think it is uncommon to lag. It is an imperfect toy that was a cool idea but execution never really matched expectation. However, if it is significantly lagging all the time, that might be something.

Yeah, I guess the question is how much lag.

#10043 53 days ago

It’s about a 3-5 second lag. It worked perfectly for the entire time I’ve owned the game. Over a year. Then a few weeks ago out of the blue it started lagging. The screen seems fine. Images are good. Just now lagging. It’s weird. Like when you get the crystal ball for the witch to give you something (ie weak flippers, lights on, etc) after it gives you whatever then the screen displays the witch looking into the crystal ball.

#10044 53 days ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

It’s about a 3-5 second lag. It worked perfectly for the entire time I’ve owned the game. Over a year. Then a few weeks ago out of the blue it started lagging. The screen seems fine. Images are good. Just now lagging. It’s weird. Like when you get the crystal ball for the witch to give you something (ie weak flippers, lights on, etc) after it gives you whatever then the screen displays the witch looking into the crystal ball.

Its somewhat normal. bad sdcards write and read super slow.

But order a new screen while you can get them IMHO.... and a sdcard.

Easy to replace.

#10045 53 days ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Mine has always had some kind of a lag, I figured it was related to the time between getting the command and loading the asset.

I never though about it but it might be a good idea to test a high speed sd card. Anyone knows if the card can be copied ?

#10046 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Mine has always had some kind of a lag, I figured it was related to the time between getting the command and loading the asset.
I never though about it but it might be a good idea to test a high speed sd card. Anyone knows if the card can be copied ?

I would certainly think it can be copied one way or another.

#10047 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Harryhoudini was gracious enough to share the image file for the sd card. I have a high speed one in there and it still lags. Just weird that it used to be spot on and look nice. Then out of the blue it started lagging. Gonna try some other stuff today. Maybe reroute the wire more directly to avoid any other interference. That’s the only thing I can think of.
Thanks for all the help. It’s nice to have a pinball community

#10048 52 days ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Harryhoudini was gracious enough to share the image file for the sd card. I have a high speed one in there and it still lags. Just weird that it used to be spot on and look nice. Then out of the blue it started lagging. Gonna try some other stuff today. Maybe reroute the wire more directly to avoid any other interference. That’s the only thing I can think of.

To help define the scenario. What happened that you needed the image file in the first place? Was it Fine after that change and for how long? Falls under the possible “what is the last thing I did” troubleshooting. Could be a bad card, issues with the image copy, format, or the actual board. Knowing the Stages of your issue may help define the solution.

#10049 52 days ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

What kind of file was it? Curious...

#10050 52 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What kind of file was it? Curious...

It's a DMG image of the card.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10450 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 209.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside