767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 306.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Agreed that my settings need some changes to increase difficulty (and the reason I included them so people could comment). Curious what settings you use though? And also playfield slope?
I'm thinking of going to pure default settings except for ball save (maybe 6 or 8 seconds) and extra ball instead of free game... and 7 degree pitch.
Also have found that my witch isn't registering hits near the bottom so I'm going to have to determine how to adjust that...

Mine is set up about as steep as it can get. Haven't checked pitch but levelers are all the way out. I don't have a ball save which I do think makes the game really hard as shots to the witch are really dangerous.

#952 8 years ago

I have my game set at 6.5 degrees and every once in a great while get a ball hang up. Does setting it to 7 degrees help this? It gets hung up on skill shots without a full plunge towards the pop bumpers, ie. going for skill shots. Rare but annoying when happens. Also still get shots that rattle around despite all attempts and suggestions in adding a plastic and making other adjustments to attempt to make plunger shots not hit or rattle around some times.

#953 8 years ago

Where is the best place to buy a rubber ring kit for Woz? I just had a rubber break at the very top of the playfield (right underneath where you have the rollovers to increase your bonus before the pop bumpers. Thought it was odd that the rubber was white when it looks like every other rubber in the game is black. Maybe the 1st owner had one break and changed it out with white?

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Thought it was odd that the rubber was white when it looks like every other rubber in the game is black. Maybe the 1st owner had one break and changed it out with white?

It's white deliberately. For the right amount of bounce.

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Where is the best place to buy a rubber ring kit for Woz? I just had a rubber break at the very top of the playfield (right underneath where you have the rollovers to increase your bonus before the pop bumpers. Thought it was odd that the rubber was white when it looks like every other rubber in the game is black. Maybe the 1st owner had one break and changed it out with white?

I recommend Titan competition silicone, especially for that ring that takes a beating from the slingshot.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#956 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I recommend Titan competition silicone, especially for that ring that takes a beating from the slingshot.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

I'll second that. The website is great - I just ordered one of the user-defined rubber kits for my WOZ (the "easy-to-install" kit) and it was shipped out the next day. It looks great installed so I am planning to order more to install in some of the more challenging spots.

The online WOZ manual is a great resource if you want to construct your own kit. (pages C76-77)

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

This has been posted elsewhere but should be in this thread as well.
An awesome video of play with the new code 5.05 by a very skillful player, Karl Deangelo.
Video setup is also high quality and easy to watch. He almost makes getting to SOTR look easy.
His game play and comments will give everyone some hints on strategies and techniques. I have watched it twice
» YouTube video

that was one of the most impressive pinball things ive ever seen. I learned a lot.

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi all. I'm seriously considering getting a Standard WOZ. I have a few questions.

In the US, what is the typical distributor price I should expect to pay for the standard version NIB delivered?

Finally, I need to free up some more funds and am looking at April of next year to purchase. Do you know if they will still be available NIB at that time?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Bump.

#959 8 years ago

There will certainly still be WOZ NIB but what you will pay is uncertain. As for pricing I would call a distributor and ask. I use Buddy Herron from Mountain Entertainment http://www.buddyspinball.com He goes by Doughslinger on Pinside.

#960 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

There will certainly still be WOZ NIB but what you will pay is uncertain. As for pricing I would call a distributor and ask. I use Buddy Herron from Mountain Entertainment http://www.buddyspinball.com He goes by Doughslinger on Pinside.

Thanks for the response. I didn't really want to start calling distributors yet because I'm several months away from making a purchase. I was just wondering what the ballpark distributor price for a standard was.

#961 8 years ago

I second that on Buddy Herron (Doughslinger), great guy to deal with and one hell of a nice guy.

#962 8 years ago

Best score to date today. 893k. 803k on ball one! What a choke! Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!! Was scoring really well, hadn't even started rescue MB. Thought I was on course for 2mil, haha.

#963 8 years ago

Does anyone know the adjustment option to keep the extra ball score minimum from rising?

#964 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone know the adjustment option to keep the extra ball score minimum from rising?

According to the manual page B-22 there is a replay boost setting and there is a score award boost setting. You can turn those to off.

#965 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

According to the manual page B-22 there is a replay boost setting and there is a score award boost setting. You can turn those to off.

I liked the replay setting boosting for a replay, and set scoring levels for an extra ball. Just because I really liked the replay light show, but didn't want it every game.

#966 8 years ago

My family sucks at pinball, and they get upset that I achieve eb and they can't reach it after I play a few games, lol

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I liked the replay setting boosting for a replay, and set scoring levels for an extra ball. Just because I really liked the replay light show, but didn't want it every game.

To me if you are going to have an extra ball award it should be for a fixed score to give comparable results between each game you play. For when a replay is awarded I agree it does not matter when or if it gives it out since it does not affect your score.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Finally! image.jpeg

Sweet! Congrats

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Finally! image.jpeg

The game is always super fun when you get scores in the 1 million ballpark.

#971 8 years ago

I just picked up a WOZ ECLE so I guess I'm in the club.
Proud owner of WOZ ECLE #973

#972 8 years ago

Congrats on getting your WOZ

The ECLE is a beautiful pin....and fun too!

#973 8 years ago

Thanks Indy, I'm stoked ab getting it. Your throne room mod looks killer. Gonna have to get that from you in the near future bro. Thanks for doing that mod. Looks killer especially with the fire pots. Great job

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Gonna have to get that from you in the near future bro. Thanks for doing that mod. Looks killer especially with the fire pots. Great job

Thank you...

I've sold a bunch of them. Everyone seems to like it.

#975 8 years ago

I got back in the club last weekend and picked up a 75th #225. Very happy.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I got back in the club last weekend and picked up a 75th #225. Very happy.

Welcome back.

1 month later
#977 8 years ago

Joined the club last weekend! Picked up a used standard in like new shape. A quick witch adjustment and it plays like new. I don't think the witch was working out of the box. Maybe part of why they sold it. Who knows
Loving my WOZ. It's like Disneyland in a box with the music and lights!!!

#978 8 years ago

Sold a few machines to get one, now on the hunt.

#979 8 years ago

Just joined last night. WOZ ECLE #54

2 weeks later
#980 8 years ago

Joined a month ago with a Ruby Red #497. Did a few mods that I thought needed to be done.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#981 8 years ago

Nice is the witch a mod ot part of the ruby red package?

#982 8 years ago

The witch is in the game on RR, but in the protective acrylic cylinder. I do like the lit winkie guard and state fair balloon.

#983 8 years ago

Yeah, weird to see a witch in the tube. Just looks odd. This was the Modfather's witches well. Much more natural and less glare. I'm not a fan of test tube witches!

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yeah, weird to see a witch in the tube. Just looks odd. This was the Modfather's witches well. Much more natural and less glare. I'm not a fan of test tube witches!

Ya that's what I was talking about the well, I would like to have one of those . I'm not a fan of the tube.

#985 8 years ago

Just in time for Christmas. Update later

DSC_0348_(resized).JPGDSC_0348_(resized).JPG

#986 8 years ago

The wait is killing me. I have a RR coming nib Tuesday.

#987 8 years ago

I have a new standard green on the truck to deliver Monday! Yeah, I'm THAT guy that ordered the weird green Non-ecle. I just like the green powdercoat better than the ruby red...

#988 8 years ago

Santa AKA Buddy AKA Doughslinger brought me a WOZ75 for Christmas! I hardly got to play it before going out of state to visit relatives for Christmas but I'm back now and intend to play the hell out of it! Thanks Buddy!

#989 8 years ago

Arrived... Still in box...

#990 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Arrived... Still in box...

Why? Get Busy !

#991 8 years ago

Epic for me.

#992 8 years ago

My RR arrives tomorrow. Get pics of that new green one paynemic. I love the green as well. Had to flip a coin to decide color practically. Can't wait for tomorrow!

#993 8 years ago

Finally!!!! It's here.

14514185094381019177990_(resized).jpg14514185094381019177990_(resized).jpg

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Finally!!!! It's here.

14514185094381019177990_(resized).jpg

Congrats!

#995 8 years ago

Gosh! So exciting seeing all these NIB WOZ's in people's hands!

#996 8 years ago

I suck. Day two of Woz availability and no unboxing. That's the problem with getting it delivered at work... Too much work!

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I suck. Day two of Woz availability and no unboxing. That's the problem with getting it delivered at work... Too much work!

That's the trouble with jobs - they crowd out the important stuff.

#998 8 years ago

It's a winner. Loving this machine, and everything worked great from the start.

IMG_20151229_194650797_(resized).jpgIMG_20151229_194650797_(resized).jpg

#999 8 years ago

Do you guys wax a playfield right out of the box, or how soon/often is recommended to wax woz?

#1000 8 years ago

Our WoZ 75th #482 came home about week ago. We even threw it a little coming-home party with 20 or so local pinball friends. We had a few minor things to work out on that first night but nothing more than any other new machine.

We are very happy campers.

DSC05598_(resized).jpgDSC05598_(resized).jpg
DSC05613_(resized).jpgDSC05613_(resized).jpg
DSC05610_(resized).jpgDSC05610_(resized).jpg
DSC05636_(resized).jpgDSC05636_(resized).jpg
2015-12-26_220419920-1_(resized).jpg2015-12-26_220419920-1_(resized).jpg
2015-12-26_220419920-2_(resized).jpg2015-12-26_220419920-2_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.