Topic Stats

• 10,099 posts
  • 542 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,370 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10099 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 202.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Hello everyone.,,,
I suppose I am happy to see this thread as well. I am guessing there were issues with the rest of the community on this game. I have not had enough time to read all posts regarding other folks opinions... which is really what I like,,, the good, the bad, the ugly...... just like to hear it straight. But I am guessing there were too many opinions that bashed it out of proportion .... What do you all think?... I mean 'Overall'. And how about price?.... I have an opportunity to purchase a Standard for about 8K, in stock and ready to ship, no waiting, no deposits, etc......
I have read about people saying that there are LE's that people are trying to sell for 7K but I can't seem to find them, so .......

Hitch9 already mentioned the differences between the LE and standard. I will say this, the invisiglass is definitely worth the upgrade that you can add on to a standard if you go that route (shaker motor too, but im not as into it)

I also think its important to know that JJP is a solid company, but a new one at the same time, and WOZ is their first product. If you look through the JJP subforum here you will see various threads (and flame wars) most of the early issues had to do with the light boards, so i would check to see what the build date is on that NIB standard, ask the seller if it has the newest light boards, is it from an authorized JJP dist? all that said, JJP support has been 100% solid and Lloyd and Alex have always been at the ready to help when needed.

as to your mention of is it a dark game, I think that is subjective. it does not have good general illumination IMHO, but for me that is fine, my pins are my office/game room that is not kept dark, so this works fine for me. Somone who wanted to put this in maybe their dark mancave might want to add some spots in the lower PF so that you could truly enjoy it in the dark.

although i've had a few bumps in the road myself, I have no regrets at all. my whole family really enjoys the game along with anyone who visits our home.

#52 5 years ago

Have to agree with Hitch. While the playfield and game play is exactly the same, the "extras" make this far worth the money. It seems to me the LE's are starting to roll faster off the line and if Europe did get a shipment that large then it wont be long till all the LE's have been filled. If I were you Geremy I would hold out to see if you can find an LE at the 8k range. In my opinion better value than the "reds" as we will be able to add those castle walls soon enough! topper Im good with the original

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I can't comment on a standard as I haven't seen one, but I really like the wood apron, the topper, the green powder coat, and the direct print cabinet, on the LE, which a standard doesn't have. The LE also has the shaker and invisiglass which are extra options on the standard. I personally would look for an LE if you can find one.

Well, herein lies my decision and question as well..... I can't seem to find one... but hear there are many. I am the same, like the wood apron, etc., etc.,, etc.... But only have the Standard available to me right now. This one comes with the shaker and invisiglass.... but not big deals to me anyways.... (but this one comes with it.)....

So what to do?... Hmmmmmm.... purchase the LE that I can't find, purchase the STD that can ship tomorrow, place a deposit on a 75er, or???

Just need some honest advice from those that know this machine WAY better than me....

#54 5 years ago

There are going to be 1000 LE's out there and unlimited amount of reds or at least till demand is met so I'm sure if you are slightly patient you will be rewarded. I was gonna say you can get STD's anytime but your Avatar made me keep it in.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I was gonna say you can get STD's anytime but your Avatar made me keep it in.

HA, HA, HA,,,,,,,

Now that was funny right there..... Truly....!

But most of all I appreciate all of the honest advice. This is truly why I completely enjoy participating among'st the great people here.

#56 5 years ago

I've played both. I didn't see any difference except for dressing. If that matters to you wait for an LE, if not save the dough. Both machines I played had invisaglass and shakers. To me, that mattered.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And Ted, if your up near Boston anytime soon...

...and, yes, I DO plan on being in Boston sometime this year!...It's been too long....AND, you have a cigar with my name on it...

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Well, herein lies my decision and question as well..... I can't seem to find one... but hear there are many. I am the same, like the wood apron, etc., etc.,, etc.... But only have the Standard available to me right now. This one comes with the shaker and invisiglass.... but not big deals to me anyways.... (but this one comes with it.)....
So what to do?... Hmmmmmm.... purchase the LE that I can't find, purchase the STD that can ship tomorrow, place a deposit on a 75er, or???
Just need some honest advice from those that know this machine WAY better than me....

IMHO, go with the STD or wait for an LE to pop up, unless you are seriously in no rush for the 75er.

#59 5 years ago

Question: legs popping out of house.

The wall only comes down about half way.. its my understanding that its supposed to come down all the way. So I went in the adjustments and upped the power on the coil, but all the seems to do is make it smack it harder and it still just comes down half way.

Am i doing something wrong here or missing something? any help appreciated.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Question: legs popping out of house.
The wall only comes down about half way.. its my understanding that its supposed to come down all the way. So I went in the adjustments and upped the power on the coil, but all the seems to do is make it smack it harder and it still just comes down half way.
Am i doing something wrong here or missing something? any help appreciated.

There is a video kicking around that shows how to adjust that. It isn't the power, it is the rotation of the house. Shoot, where is that.

#61 5 years ago

I was at the show Saturday from 9:00 until after 8:00 and every time I checked (a lot) the lights were working fine. The line for it was usually fairly long.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is a video kicking around that shows how to adjust that. It isn't the power, it is the rotation of the house. Shoot, where is that.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/PTFSwIm-xxQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

Oops, there it is.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Buy the standard. I bought one with shaker and invisiglass and don't miss the trim, for what an LE is going to cost you could get your trim done. Topper is different but I like the EC over the LE topper anyways. Game plays the same so....

#65 5 years ago

My new favorite game,I was not sure but after 3.0 and playing it for a while,i am hooked and it is always been my wifes fav for sure,Not going anywhere

#66 5 years ago

I debated on buying a standard NIB now for $7500 to $8000, buying a HUO LE for $7500+, or ordering a NIB Ruby Red. I went with the RR for a few reasons. It's only about $1000 more than what you can buy the others for, I was able to get the number I wanted to match TH (I know that is silly), and the kinks with the light boards should be all worked out by the time it ships. Jen told me I could expect it in September, I know that may be optimistic though.

#67 5 years ago

I've really been enjoying the game for the nearly 6 months I've had it. Game is using 7.5v LED boards and I haven't had any major issues thankfully. The 3.0 code for the game really makes the game have a polished feel and the ruleset is crazy deep as promised I do hope that a few tweaks are made to the game that I believe would really help increase the fun factor of the game.

1. Modify Munchkin mode rules to make the modes a little more interesting. Keith himself said that this is a possibility. It would be great if these felt more like objective based modes with specific shots to hit rather than hit every switch / hit every shot points modes.
2. Increase the use of the crystal ball. The crystal ball toy is a very cool feature but its currently not used a lot. It would be great to see the crystal ball point out specific extra shots (other than "Skill" shot) or other things to collect.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from brannonrad:

Here was my best game so far:

Nice Score!

#69 5 years ago

Thanks Dave, needed to adjust legs myself too!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

I played it again this year, and my first impression was 'wow' this is a little dark. All of the videos that I have seen and make me want this game, and then I see it again in person and thought that the whole gameplay was darker than I remember.........

so - i've had my LE since Christmas Eve. Re the lighting - imho it is a bit dark (my games room is reasonably well lit but I like to play without lights on sometimes and even with lights on it felt a little dark. I bought the Illumination kit from pinball bulbs and for me it made a massive improvement. (fwiw, i didn't end up using everything in the kit, but using about 2/3 of it meant the game looks perfect to me now). I guess what I'm saying is that don't let lighting concerns hold you back - they can be fixed if it turns out to be an issue for you.

More generally, can't keep people off this pin at my house and I love it, too! awesome gameplay and a beautiful playfield...

#71 5 years ago

Although I am still licking my wounds from the promised delivery dates that came and went, I can say that the game is totally amazing. The rules and lightshow are the best in pinball and the shots are pretty awesome as well.

I will say that I have had to put a fair amount of time into "tuning" my WOZ, especially the castle playfield doors. It seems that mine was delivered with loose motor screws so the doors would not un-latch and open properly or allow the ball to pass into the VUK and not release without pulling off the glass. I spent almost 6 hours the other day getting the adjustments right and it is now playing well.

Anyhow, last night was the first time I ever got to Melt the Witch and it was really enjoyable. I have yet to put up a score north of 400k, so I am really looking forward to some good games.

As far as other people seeing the game for the first time, they are just amazed. Even my 86 year old mother wants to make a trip into the basement (once a year occurrence because of her knees) just to see it.

I think WOZ will eventually rise to the top as a top 5 game, but the smoke has to clear involving JJP and the delivery issues.

#72 5 years ago

Looks like things are busy over at JJP. Jack signing LE's.10274337_765507846801147_5648189190472500558_n.jpg

#73 5 years ago

What more can be said about this game. It is one of the most addictive pins I've ever played. Always a new way to play, the combination of light shows as modes are stacked are just incredible, interesting scoring strategies, just a real blast to play. Woz deserves to be a top rated pin...heck, it is for all of us who actually spend time playing it. Broke a mil today for the first time. Battled the witch twice, failed both times. Great game!

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

so - i've had my LE since Christmas Eve. Re the lighting - imho it is a bit dark (my games room is reasonably well lit but I like to play without lights on sometimes and even with lights on it felt a little dark. I bought the Illumination kit from pinball bulbs and for me it made a massive improvement.

Wow, Thank you so much. I really appreciate that it's just not me that thought the game was a bit dark. My experience only comes from playing it a few times at the Louisville Expo..... just comparing it to the other games it just didn't seem well lit. All of the 'videos' I see online scream to me 'What an Excellent Light Show!'... but seeing in person was just different. Keep in mind I play AC/DC and Tron and they seem much better lit to me,,, and I don't play in a dark 'Man' cave. My game room is very well lit. In fact I like it to be nicely lit so I don't trip over someone's beer cans, whiskey bottle, or other personal toys left laying around on the floor. (it get's pretty boring around here.)

I really do appreciate the information.... and the illumination kit that you speak of... I will have to look that up.

Oh, I forgot to ask... so your opinion: Buy the standard (that can ship today w/ invisiglass and shaker), wait for HUO LE, or put deposit on RR...

#75 5 years ago

My opinion would be to wait for an HUO LE if you can get one for the same price as the standard (or less). If you put out a WTB post one might free up. If it's local you save on shipping too. All around a much better value.

The emerald green armor, habit trails, etc.. and cleared cabinet really are things of beauty and set the LE apart. I wouldn't be too concerned with LED problems. Though annoying, support at JJP will help you get the game stable.

#76 5 years ago

If there is one thing that anybody that owns one of these should do is to get the Cliffy protector set. And as soon as possible, install the guard for the mini-playfield. That edge gets hit a lot.

Guess this is as good a thread as any to mention "common issues" but I also noted that the ring up top, under that same mini playfield, wore or cut relatively quickly. What say others? Have you found a solution, setting that slows that problem?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

My opinion would be to wait for an HUO LE if you can get one for the same price as the standard (or less). If you put out a WTB post one might free up. If it's local you save on shipping too. All around a much better value.
The emerald green armor, habit trails, etc.. and cleared cabinet really are things of beauty and set the LE apart. I wouldn't be too concerned with LED problems. Though annoying, support at JJP will help you get the game stable.

^^^^^^ Geremy13 - this is excellent advise - word for word what I would recommend ^^^^^^^^

Unless you have to have it tomorrow : ))

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

THIS

#79 5 years ago

Oh and hope the cliffy's are in! It took a while to get the upper vuk to the castle in.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

^^^^^^ Geremy13 - this is excellent advise - word for word what I would recommend ^^^^^^^^

Unless you have to have it tomorrow : ))

I Thank you guys so much........ This is exactly why I like this forum so much.

It does look to be an excellent game... something that might fit nicely into our home. But most of all I respect the opinions of those that know. And I simply don't know of these things. But learn from you guys everyday. I will continue to learn. Thank you again. I will own this..... should probably offer up my interest in the game to others to let them know,,, yes, I am a buyer, If they are a seller.....

#82 5 years ago

I have one.......not for sale

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I have one.......not for sale

If I sold my WOZ I'd just end up having to buy another WOZ. It is that kind of a game.

#84 5 years ago

its kinda like this for me. When you approach a game in the collection, I just walk up push the button start to play and flow with the machine. With WOZ when I approach its like more than this. Its like taking you on a journey and im wondering how far I can get and how much I can stack. Anything over a million your in for a work out! Its just the kinda game where you approach it differently because of the rules and how deep it is! Ok I cant really explain it!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ok I cant really explain it!

I think you've explained it well.............

I am simply on the fence on which version to purchase. Just posted in the 'Buying' portion of this site... So I will see what happens.

#86 5 years ago

good luck my friend you wont be disappointed

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Looks like things are busy over at JJP. Jack signing LE's.

Well, it looks like the factory is finally getting up some speed. The European guys are getting their games and people are getting their updated boards. I think it is reasonable to assume that games were being held back to wait for the LED lock-up fix. I hope that this will be the end of the delays for WOZ, it must have been heart-breaking for everyone at the company to have to hold back games until the issue was resolved.

Hoping to see JJP go from strength to strength and produce many more games!

#88 5 years ago

Now that 3.0 is here and almost universally applauded as being pretty damn great, I hope that anyone who rated the game base on early code will do the right thing and re-evaluate it. The game has evolved so much in the last 6 months, really any rating before 1.22 is like looking at a totally different game.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Now that 3.0 is here and almost universally applauded as being pretty damn great,

Why is it then that new machines are shipped with 1.25 and wires not hooked up to the on/off switch?

#90 5 years ago

I got my WOZLE in 2 months ago. It was a long hard wait, but in the end it is the best game I have ever owned. The rules and gameplay are compelling. I can not stop playing it.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why is it then that new machines are shipped with 1.25 and wires not hooked up to the on/off switch?

No idea what you are talking about, but what exactly does that have to do with the 3.0 code being awesome

#92 5 years ago

I've had mine since the end of February. No issues except an initial sling adjustment. This is by far my favorite pin. It is so addictive. People of all skill levels enjoy it when they come over. I'm still waiting to put in a rating as I want to be fair, but I can say that after having quite a bit of time on v3.0 now, it's going to be a pretty high rating.

My only complaint... I would like to see a complete document of the rules. I have pieced together stuff from here and the JJP forum, but would like to see something official from JJP. The 'flowchart' on the JJP forum is pretty good, but it doesn't explain how to accomplish some of the objectives.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

o-din this is not the thread for this. Each game is tested and it likely came loose in its 4000 mile journey. In any event if you have an issue just open a ticket. No one here can help you. (Well except me)

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I've had mine since the end of February. No issues except an initial sling adjustment. This is by far my favorite pin. It is so addictive. People of all skill levels enjoy it when they come over. I'm still waiting to put in a rating as I want to be fair, but I can say that after having quite a bit of time on v3.0 now, it's going to be a pretty high rating.
My only complaint... I would like to see a complete document of the rules. I have pieced together stuff from here and the JJP forum, but would like to see something official from JJP. The 'flowchart' on the JJP forum is pretty good, but it doesn't explain how to accomplish some of the objectives.

I saw that flowchart and thought it was very well done. And yesterday I took the glass off to understand how to actually collect the mega jackpot in rescue. And I'm sure a few people here have a pretty good grasp of the rules. So if you have any questions about them, this might be a good place to ask. It is usually the community that ends up documenting the ruleset.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

o-din this is not the thread for this. Each game is tested and it likely came loose in its 4000 mile journey

It was not my machine, I just helped set it up. The big metal cover over the boards that is supposed to be screwed in place must have also come loose from the journey. Glad we discovered it just laying in there before it shorted something out.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was not my machine, I just helped set it up. The big metal cover over the boards that is supposed to be screwed in place must have also come loose from the journey. Glad we discovered it just laying in there before it shorted something out.

o-din, please respect this thread, it is a "WOZ fanclub thread" if you would like to air your grievances about some stuff coming loose during shipping, you are welcome to and free to post about it by creating your own thread or as I see you already did, in the WOZ shipping thread. It's unfortunate that happened to your buddy tho, I had some shipping related issues with mine to but luckily JJP support (and Alex) we're quick to help. good luck!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

o-din, please respect this thread, it is a "WOZ fanclub thread"

Sorry. I think it is a beautiful machine, and plays great, but it was one frustrating evening. I am thru now.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry. I think it is a beautiful machine, and plays great, but it was one frustrating evening. I am thru now.

Thanx man, and impressive collection you got. Once you guys get things dialled in and playing 3.0 code, we'd love to hear your take on it. good luck!

#99 5 years ago

Sold my ST Prem TODAY. Buying WOZ TOMORROW! Ditributors have some down here. Should I be asking the dealer about this LED board problem? Should I check the a manufacture date or something to get an idea what run it's from?

#100 5 years ago

Please do the moderators a favor: if someone posts something in here that you don't think belongs, don't agree with, think is against the thread rules, etc... please just ignore it and report it. The more times you quote it and reply to it and talk about it, the harder it is for us to edit. We can remove one post with no problem, but it is much harder when that one post is quoted over mulitple other posts and talked about in other posts so that it messes up the thread history and confuses people if/when it is taken out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 10099 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside