20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 306.
#9901 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I can see why you would say that, but once its in the machine and you are playing it with everything else going on, you dont notice it at all.

Probably looks pretty good with the lights flashing off it I'd imagine.

#9903 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Probably looks pretty good with the lights flashing off it I'd imagine.

Its not that shiny really. If this makes sense, its a "plasticy shine" vs. a shine of a metal which reflects everything much more.

Ive never been distracted by it or even noticed lights reflecting off of it. If anything, the playfield or glass reflects things far more.

#9904 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its not that shiny really. If this makes sense, its a "plasticy shine" vs. a shine of a metal which reflects everything much more.
Ive never been distracted by it or even noticed lights reflecting off of it. If anything, the playfield or glass reflects things far more.

I've had one of these on my game for a couple of years and have been happy with it. Kind of has a mirror effect. Like you said in your previous post, with everything else going on on the playfield you really don't notice it.

#9905 4 years ago

I was gonna make a yellow brick one, debating.

#9906 4 years ago

If you want a crystal ball mod, better get on the list.
The list closes tomorrow.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/69#post-5498938

#9907 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

I've had one of these on my game for a couple of years and have been happy with it. Kind of has a mirror effect. Like you said in your previous post, with everything else going on on the playfield you really don't notice it.

I also have had this one in my game for several years. Looks great and works well. Never notice it while playing and when not playing, it looks great with the lights reflecting. Super easy to install.

#9909 4 years ago
#9910 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This. Definitely this.
If you want a quality 3D-printed toilet seat with a Play-Doh monkey glued to the side, this is the crystal ball mod for you.

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever but this did make me literally LOL.

#9911 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever but this did make me literally LOL.

Me too

#9912 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This. Definitely this.
If you want a quality 3D-printed toilet seat with a Play-Doh monkey glued to the side, this is the crystal ball mod for you.

Sure. Or the first and with adjustable angle mount with a k9 optically clear glass ball with detailed resin monkey. Oh and adjustable screen depth for your preferred image curvature. Whichever way you want to crap on other people.

And thanks for following me around to different threads and hating on my stuff.

#9913 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This. Definitely this.

That was a bit uncalled for...

#9914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That was a bit uncalled for...

Thanks for your wisdom, enlightenment, and input, Mrs. Houdini. We know your husband will be selling at least one since you've been banned from buying the other mod (that he would have just bought to use as a template for his work). Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Now...how about that awesome WOZ machine, eh? (Notice how deftly I return the thread back on topic...)

#9915 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for your wisdom, enlightenment, and input, Mrs. Houdini. We know your husband will be selling at least one since you've been banned from buying the other mod (that he would have just bought to use as a template for his work). Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Now...how about that awesome WOZ machine, eh? (Notice how deftly I return the thread back on topic...)

Lol what? Dude you have issues lol hahahha

#9916 4 years ago

Has anyone purchased the mushroom field from Lermods? Was curious thoughts on it in person.

#9917 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has anyone purchased the mushroom field from Lermods? Was curious thoughts on it in person.

It doesn’t fit on my Woz

#9918 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

It doesn’t fit on my Woz

Well thats not good! Its not cut correctly?

#9919 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

It doesn’t fit on my Woz

Lol nevermind, wrong thread!! lol

#9920 4 years ago

Does anyone have a solution for a ball getting stuck behind this area on the upper left playfield. It doesn't happen often but still enough to make it annoying.

Thanks!
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg20200304_084910 (resized).jpg

#9921 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone have a solution for a ball getting stuck behind this area on the upper left playfield. It doesn't happen often but still enough to make it annoying.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I get one there once in a while but lifting the flipper always gets it out.
Does yours stay stuck ?

#9922 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

If you are getting airballs way up there?

Maybe lower the flipper power a notch or 2

#9923 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have the castle walls mod and it has never gotten stuck there. That might be why.

#9924 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I get one there once in a while but lifting the flipper always gets it out.
Does yours stay stuck ?

Yeah it stays stuck.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you are getting airballs way up there?
Maybe lower the flipper power a notch or 2

That might be causing it. I'll try lowering the upper left flipper power. Thanks!

#9925 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have this happen once in a while, but like others have said, flapping the flipper gets it out.

What is the slope of your machine?

#9926 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah it stays stuck.

That might be causing it. I'll try lowering the upper left flipper power. Thanks!

I have my castle flipper pretty low or moderate.

Too high, its fun but not controllable.

Also too high it beats up the castle doors up too much and wears out the latch.

#9927 4 years ago

I'm in the home stretch on what was a dead WoZ and need an opto board. I've got one bad port and was hoping someone here might have a spare they don't need. Thanks.

#9928 4 years ago

My WOZ story!

Like almost everyone, I’ve played pinball off and on Most of my life, for about 40 of my 49 years. I’m not even close to being a pinball wizard, far from it. I’ve always pretty much been a bash the flippers guy. Fun, but not very skilled. About 8 years ago I bought my first pin. A very used Addams Family with an unknown past (the coin slots are for Italian Lire.) it was a great addition to a newly created family gaming space in my basement. I also bought every mod possible. I took me about 7 1/2 years of sporadic, problematic play on TAF before I finally decided I needed to get it fixed up and cleaned up and install all the stuff I had sitting in boxes. That process got me pumped up about pinball in a way I hadn’t ever been before. I also got really excited to start really playing pinball, with strategy. Once fixed up (new ramps, thing motor, LEDs, etc), it was playing sweet. I was hooked.

Shortly after reviving TAF, we decided we needed to get a second pin for the game room. We wanted a family friendly, yet quality game with decent depth and a great theme to hold players attention, particularly our kids (currently 2 and 4.) we had a few games on our possible list; Twilight Zone, Stern POTC, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Deadpool. We searched out every pinball game within 30 minors of our house to try as many games as we good. At our best local place for pinball, Pinball Pete’s, we came across a WOZ and a Wonka. I knew nothing of JJP but they were both beautiful. WOZ in particular. My wife was immediately in love and decided right there that was the one. The search began in earnest.

Within days, we found a NIB ECLE with a factory installed 2.0 lights system. Gary for Abel Electronics delivered and set it up for us. As beautiful as the pin was, it was, and still is a pretty hard game with factory set up. I wanted it to be a little lore fun for casual play and a little easier to gain some ability on it- so I moved in the outlines and castle posts and changed to 5 balls. I’m not ashamed. It has made the game so much more fun for this stage in ownership.

Before the changes, I was laughably only scoring around 30,000 a game. But since, of course, my scores have been improving. They are still laughable, but man, the last couple of days have been monumental in learning the game. I’m starting to get it. There is so much going on. It’s so much fun. I’m anticipating moving the posts back out and setting it to 3 balls again in the future. But for now, I’m just having a blast learning the game. And I had my highest score yet just earlier today. A very hilarious 295,000. I had a couple pretty good balls with all sorts of shit going on. Haha. What a blast. I’m looking forward to my scores going up and exploring more of this deep rule set.

WOZ has been an amazing addition to our game room. And the challenge of improving my WOZ play has also made me much better on TAF. I’m actually thinking about shot placement and strategy in ways I never have. Can’t see a reason to ever get rid of it. We love our 2 pin set up. If there are any lurkers here, I wholeheartedly recommend going for it. Please don’t laugh at my high score. Baby steps.

9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
#9929 4 years ago

I’ve had this game since year one and still figuring out new strategies.

#9930 4 years ago

Just wait until your sweaty after the witch battle that you have been losing for the past 6 months and finally melt her. I rode that Adrenalin for a couple days! The game is so deep that it will never leave the collection. Anybody that comes over and plays it says how beautiful it is. Man you need to swap spots with TAF to enjoy the artwork in your game room. Also I added an amplified subwoofer and cranked up the bass

#9931 4 years ago
Quoted from Nugilo92:

My WOZ story!
Like almost everyone, I’ve played pinball off and on Most of my life, for about 40 of my 49 years. I’m not even close to being a pinball wizard, far from it. I’ve always pretty much been a bash the flippers guy. Fun, but not very skilled. About 8 years ago I bought my first pin. A very used Addams Family with an unknown past (the coin slots are for Italian Lire.) it was a great addition to a newly created family gaming space in my basement. I also bought every mod possible. I took me about 7 1/2 years of sporadic, problematic play on TAF before I finally decided I needed to get it fixed up and cleaned up and install all the stuff I had sitting in boxes. That process got me pumped up about pinball in a way I hadn’t ever been before. I also got really excited to start really playing pinball, with strategy. Once fixed up (new ramps, thing motor, LEDs, etc), it was playing sweet. I was hooked.
Shortly after reviving TAF, we decided we needed to get a second pin for the game room. We wanted a family friendly, yet quality game with decent depth and a great theme to hold players attention, particularly our kids (currently 2 and 4.) we had a few games on our possible list; Twilight Zone, Stern POTC, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Deadpool. We searched out every pinball game within 30 minors of our house to try as many games as we good. At our best local place for pinball, Pinball Pete’s, we came across a WOZ and a Wonka. I knew nothing of JJP but they were both beautiful. WOZ in particular. My wife was immediately in love and decided right there that was the one. The search began in earnest.
Within days, we found a NIB ECLE with a factory installed 2.0 lights system. Gary for Abel Electronics delivered and set it up for us. As beautiful as the pin was, it was, and still is a pretty hard game with factory set up. I wanted it to be a little lore fun for casual play and a little easier to gain some ability on it- so I moved in the outlines and castle posts and changed to 5 balls. I’m not ashamed. It has made the game so much more fun for this stage in ownership.
Before the changes, I was laughably only scoring around 30,000 a game. But since, of course, my scores have been improving. They are still laughable, but man, the last couple of days have been monumental in learning the game. I’m starting to get it. There is so much going on. It’s so much fun. I’m anticipating moving the posts back out and setting it to 3 balls again in the future. But for now, I’m just having a blast learning the game. And I had my highest score yet just earlier today. A very hilarious 295,000. I had a couple pretty good balls with all sorts of shit going on. Haha. What a blast. I’m looking forward to my scores going up and exploring more of this deep rule set.
WOZ has been an amazing addition to our game room. And the challenge of improving my WOZ play has also made me much better on TAF. I’m actually thinking about shot placement and strategy in ways I never have. Can’t see a reason to ever get rid of it. We love our 2 pin set up. If there are any lurkers here, I wholeheartedly recommend going for it. Please don’t laugh at my high score. Baby steps.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations Nugilo! You have 2 of the best games ever made, and those 2 look amazing one besides the other, enjoy! Cheers!

#9932 4 years ago
Quoted from Nugilo92:

As beautiful as the pin was, it was, and still is a pretty hard game with factory set up. I wanted it to be a little lore fun for casual play and a little easier to gain some ability on it- so I moved in the outlines and castle posts and changed to 5 balls. I’m not ashamed. It has made the game so much more fun for this stage in ownership.

There is nothing to be ashamed of ! The game drains a lot with the default outlanes settings, it becomes quickly frustrating especially with the game being heavy to nudge. As to the ball setting, I was in 5 balls for a while, which was great because there is a lot to build and it definitely helps, but I went back to 3 balls because the games were too long, and I also saw it was harder to keep the kids involved for 5 balls.

#9933 4 years ago
Quoted from Nugilo92:

My WOZ story!
WOZ has been an amazing addition to our game room. And the challenge of improving my WOZ play has also made me much better on TAF. I’m actually thinking about shot placement and strategy in ways I never have. Can’t see a reason to ever get rid of it. We love our 2 pin set up. If there are any lurkers here, I wholeheartedly recommend going for it. Please don’t laugh at my high score. Baby steps.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can add the ball saver to come on also. I add this with only 5 seconds for when people come over to my house to play. The 5 seconds makes a difference for sure.

#9934 4 years ago

Also, dont forget that WOZ is a very low scoring game compared to others... My first weekend I got 1.9 million and I havent been able to get near that since..

#9935 4 years ago

Really nice story, don't be ashamed as long as you enjoy!
I agree that a 5sec ball saver was the best change to help my kids and friends enjoy the game

#9936 4 years ago

hello friends, have a YBR WOZ and some times, first ball only in some games automatically shoots , i don't know why, somebody have seen this on his pin?

#9937 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

hello friends, have a YBR WOZ and some times, first ball only in some games automatically shoots , i don't know why, somebody have seen this on his pin?

Make sure the switch in the shooter lane is working properly as well as all the trough optos. Also make sure you don't have an auto-launch timer set that kicks the ball out after so many seconds.

#9938 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Make sure the switch in the shooter lane is working properly as well as all the trough optos. Also make sure you don't have an auto-launch timer set that kicks the ball out after so many seconds.

this is already my first check but nothing wrong is switch mode with optos and the shoot is with no delay when it appears as if losing ball with save ball

#9939 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

this is already my first check but nothing wrong is switch mode with optos and the shoot is with no delay when it appears as if losing ball with save ball

Do you have too many balls installed?

#9940 4 years ago

Hi,

I sold my WOZ ECLE (with 2.0 kit installed) and I have some leftover light boards.
In case you don't want to purchase and install the 2.0 kit, I'm selling them with data wiring harness. Price is OBO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93056

best regards,
Leo.

#9941 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Hi,
I sold my WOZ ECLE (with 2.0 kit installed) and I have some leftover light boards.
In case you don't want to purchase and install the 2.0 kit, I'm selling them with data wiring harness. Price is OBO.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93056
best regards,
Leo.

I’m curious, did you sell your other boards separately or did everything else died so these are the only working ones you have ?

#9942 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do you have too many balls installed?

no only 5 stock baals, it happen sometimes, not at all games, generally 1 or 2 games when i play 10 games

#9943 4 years ago

Ive had a RRWOZ in and out of my collection since it was built. Im lucky enough to have a family member with one who will share from time to time. Its been a while since Ive had it back. Im starting to miss it. When you look at how PACKED his game is (minus the monkey-less yellow abominations) you really start to appreciate it. The upper playfields....TWO OF THEM...the bash target witch.....all the targets. Its just damn impressive. Im starting to get the WOZ fever again...she may come back for a while.

#9944 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ive had a RRWOZ in and out of my collection since it was built. Im lucky enough to have a family member with one who will share from time to time. Its been a while since Ive had it back. Im starting to miss it. When you look at how PACKED his game is (minus the monkey-less yellow abominations) you really start to appreciate it. The upper playfields....TWO OF THEM...the bash target witch.....all the targets. Its just damn impressive. Im starting to get the WOZ fever again...she may come back for a while.

I own a beautiful "Yellow Brick Road" and I respect all WOZ’s, no need to disrespect other’s tastes.

*by the way, nice pics and nice collection of games that you have. Cheers!

#9945 4 years ago

I bought an SE as my first WoZ. I upgraded to a RR. I always wanted an ECLE and I have my deposit down on one and already have the castle walls sitting here for it. I have an issue. WoZ is my #1 for many reasons but mostly because it changed the face of pinball for me. I also have a spare set of plastics, decals and all of the playfields sitting under guest room bed. This thing isn't going anywhere once I get it here.

#9946 4 years ago

Looking for spare 7.5V gi boards for my Ruby Red. If you’ve upgraded to 2.0 and are sitting on some please get in touch. I’d like to have a few spares on hand

#9947 4 years ago

I just replaced my W10 rainbow led board with one of my spares.

The "N" target only displays yellow.

Is there anyone fixing these boards?

I would like to have it repaired to add back into my spare parts bag.

#9948 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I just replaced my W10 rainbow led board with one of my spares.
The "N" target only displays yellow.
Is there anyone fixing these boards?
I would like to have it repaired to add back into my spare parts bag.

Unless you were specifically trying to stay away from them, JJP has said they would repair boards if they could. Have you contacted them?

#9949 4 years ago

Hi WOZ fans.

Wanted to get a quick estimate for current going costs for a RRWOZ as I am in the market. What do you all think the going cost for both a lightly routed and HUO RRWOZ is right now?

Thanks and happy flipping!

#9950 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Hi WOZ fans.
Wanted to get a quick estimate for current going costs for a RRWOZ as I am in the market. What do you all think the going cost for both a lightly routed and HUO RRWOZ is right now?
Thanks and happy flipping!

Price is a reflection of two desires. How badly does one want to sell? How important is it for you to buy? It’s two opposing desires meeting at a mutually agreed point. If you want to see some incomplete, unverified data, look through the Pinside market archive for WOZ. Beyond that, asking strangers for their pinball price opinions is simply muddying the waters of your own judgement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.