20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 306.
#9801 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I just wanted to share this because if you love the game here is another game... we're building a Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape room based on the book. Wouldn't the pinball game look good in here???
I'm having so much fun creating this entire WORLD!
Check it out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...cool stuff!

#9802 4 years ago

My pants are getting tight for some reason.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9803 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Depends are full?

You'll have to be more specific.

#9804 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends are full?
You'll have to be more specific.

Basically, yes. I was trying to not make it dirty sounding.

Wife won't let me come up from the dungeon until all these are done so..

#9805 4 years ago

Is blurry supposed to be suspenseful?

#9806 4 years ago

Yes!!

#9807 4 years ago

looks awesome larry, is that here in st. louis or are you out of state working on the woz setup?

#9808 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I just wanted to share this because if you love the game here is another game... we're building a Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape room based on the book. Wouldn't the pinball game look good in here???
I'm having so much fun creating this entire WORLD!
Check it out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have some crazy talent! Hope to see this in person some day!

#9809 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is blurry supposed to be suspenseful?

Yea. Not working?

#9810 4 years ago

Ok, whats the trick for getting the battery out for replacement? Ive tried every tape imaginable and it wont budge...

#9811 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, whats the trick for getting the battery out for replacement? Ive tried every tape imaginable and it wont budge...

There’s a little tab that you have to pull back with your finger nail, and then it just pops out. Watch out for the whirring fan blade. It really cuts, as I learned the hard way.

#9812 4 years ago

Lol i must have completely missed the tab to pull out..

#9813 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol i must have completely missed the tab to pull out..

You push it sideways, not out.
Its a shiney metal retainer.

It stays in the battery holder. It doesnt come out.

#9814 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

hmmnn, ok ill have to play with it. Thanks.

#9815 4 years ago

Is it like this?

#9817 4 years ago

But it does push "outward" it looks. Sorry, just a little confused on the pushing to the side and not pushing out..

#9818 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But it does push "outward" it looks. Sorry, just a little confused on the pushing to the side and not pushing out..

Push it away from the battery or squeeze it agsinst the plastic side with needle nose pliers.

Its pretty rudimentary and simple, but it works.

#9819 4 years ago

Push it away from the battery or squeeze it agsinst the plastic side with needle nose pliers.
Its pretty rudimentary and simple, but it works.

Gotcha. Thanks again.

I felt like a complete moron last night trying to get that out lol.

#9820 4 years ago

Is this just a cpu battery? Curious.
Thanks

#9821 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is this just a cpu battery? Curious.
Thanks

Yes.

#9822 4 years ago

I thought so, I guess I've just never had to approach that battery yet.

#9823 4 years ago

I thought so, I guess I've just never had to approach that battery yet.

Its interesting that JJP recommends changing them every 3 years but everything ive read online about computers say they last about 10 years...

#9824 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its interesting that JJP recommends changing them every 3 years but everything ive read online about computers say they last about 10 years...

Well, I'd say I'm at 7 years.
Is it just settings and high scores?

#9825 4 years ago

Well, I'd say I'm at 7 years.

No. If the battery dies, you wont be able to boot your game and then you have to contact JJP about how to do it.. Ive read some things about doing it but not certain.

#9826 4 years ago

They are stored on the hard drive.

LTG : )

#9827 4 years ago

I noticed at the end of the WOZ manual (looking online), there are a ton of pricing cards that you can use. They look really nice.

Has anyone tried to print these? Curious if you need to resize them at all.

#9828 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No. If the battery dies, you wont be able to boot your game and then you have to contact JJP about how to do it.. Ive read some things about doing it but not certain.

there is one setting in the cmos that would have to be adjusted if the battery fails.

The computer will boot just fine with a dead or even a removed battery. It just wont save your settings after power loss (powered down).

set pause on start up errors to "never". (errors like no keyboard etc.)

otherwise you get a keyboard prompt. (press any key to continue etc.)

So, its not terrible if the battery dies. You just have to hook up a usb keyboard to change a setting and you're good to go.
Maybe set the time and date etc.

Pretty simple and straightforward.

#9829 4 years ago

there is one setting in the cmos that would have to be adjusted if the battery fails.
The computer will boot just fine with a dead or even a removed battery. It just wont save your settings after power loss (powered down).
set pause on start up errors to "never". (errors like no keyboard etc.)
otherwise you get a keyboard prompt. (press any key to continue etc.)
So, its not terrible if the battery dies. You just have to hook up a usb keyboard to change a setting and you're good to go.
Maybe set the time and date etc.
Pretty simple and straightforward.

Oh. I guess when the manual says it wont boot properly, that is what it means then...

#9830 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh. I guess when the manual says it wont boot properly, that is what it means then...

When mine went it didn’t boot until I hooked a keyboard up to it. I used a small dap of hot glue on a wooden dowel pushed it on the battery, let it sit for a couple of minutes to let the glue dry. Pulled on the dowel and the battery came right out. I tried numerous versions of tape and nothing worked.

#9831 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

When mine went it didn’t boot until I hooked a keyboard up to it. I used a small dap of hot glue on a wooden dowel pushed it on the battery, let it sit for a couple of minutes to let the glue dry. Pulled on the dowel and the battery came right out. I tried numerous versions of tape and nothing worked.

haha, i was thinking along the lines of how to Macgyver the battery and something like that was in my mind. I didnt realize that you had to push the clip to release the battery. I tried masking tape, packing tape, electrical tape, double sided outdoor permanent tape and duct tape! lol

#9832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Gotcha. Thanks again.
I felt like a complete moron last night trying to get that out lol.

You're not alone. It took me a while to figure out. Once you figure it out though, you're like d'oh!

#9833 4 years ago

Here are some more photos. We did buy the JJP Yellow Brick Road for our Lobby. People love the pinball game. We posted this on facebook and we're up to 2 million views, 10k comments, 10k shares... its blowing up! Just wanted to share some more photos. I should move the pinball right inside! LOL

IMG_1907 (resized).JPEGIMG_1907 (resized).JPEGIMG_1910 (resized).jpgIMG_1910 (resized).jpgIMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1920 (resized).jpgIMG_1920 (resized).jpgIMG_1970 (resized).jpgIMG_1970 (resized).jpgIMG_1971 (resized).jpgIMG_1971 (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (resized).jpgIMG_1989 (resized).jpgIMG_1989 (resized).jpgIMG_1990 (resized).jpgIMG_1990 (resized).jpg
#9834 4 years ago

Is this in St. Louis? I would like to come do this escape room could you post a link please?

#9835 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Is this in St. Louis?

Yes downtown in Soulard.

#9836 4 years ago

So I just had something weird happen. I had a Haunted mode going (holes) and a Munchkin mode going (Shoot lit shots, rainbow increases value). I was absolutely killing it, alternating from the Throne room, to the Crystal Ball, occasionally dropping in through the forest, I had it going for quite a while racking up some major points. All the sudden bam, no hold flippers. WTF?? I wasn't doing any left flipper back flipping exploit. Just doing exceptionally well. Totally caught me off guard and I drained. C sucker killed my whole game. Any idea why that happened? I almost want to say I got punished for doing so well...?

It actually happened when it kicked the ball from the Throne Room...

#9837 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

So I just had something weird happen. I had a Haunted mode going (holes) and a Munchkin mode going (Shoot lit shots, rainbow increases value). I was absolutely killing it, alternating from the Throne room, to the Crystal Ball, occasionally dropping in through the forest, I had it going for quite a while racking up some major points. All the sudden bam, no hold flippers. WTF?? I wasn't doing any left flipper back flipping exploit. Just doing exceptionally well. Totally caught me off guard and I drained. C sucker killed my whole game. Any idea why that happened? I almost want to say I got punished for doing so well...?

Unless I misunderstood your issue no hold flippers is a feature of one of the crystal ball modes? So while it can be a surprise I think that is normal.

#9838 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I've never seen that particular thing awarded, but it could have been a mystery award from the throne saucer "Big Mystery Award" if you're sure you didn't get a ball in the crystal ball saucer...

#9839 4 years ago

No it was not the crystal ball mode. Single ball on the playfield, shot from the Throne room bam right into no hold flippers instantly. Seemed similar to the no hold flipper punishment for exploiting the left flipper backflip to Crystal ball. Except I was not doing that.

#9840 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

No it was not the crystal ball mode. Single ball on the playfield, shot from the Throne room bam right into no hold flippers instantly. Seemed similar to the no hold flipper punishment for exploiting the left flipper backflip to Crystal ball. Except I was not doing that.

Maybe your CB switch is acting up, and it registered three times on its own? Just a guess, but perhaps check the optos (I think they’re optos), make sure they are properly aligned and not being triggered from vibration.

#9841 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Maybe your CB switch is acting up, and it registered three times on its own? Just a guess, but perhaps check the optos (I think they’re optos), make sure they are properly aligned and not being triggered from vibration.

I second this. I once had a switch on a game start to trigger from the shaker motor. Just needed to make a small adjustment.

#9842 4 years ago

I don't recall anything else out of place going on but I will certainly take a look.

#9843 4 years ago

We've finally more or less finished this Wonderful of Wizard of Oz Escape Room. Now believe it or not we're going to build a Wizard mini golf. If you were wondering yes we also bought the JJP Wizard of Oz pinball which is amazing.

Here are some new shots where you can see the spooky forest. If anyone finds themselves in St Louis contact me and i'll give you a tour.

IMG_2001 (resized).jpgIMG_2001 (resized).jpgIMG_2002 (resized).jpgIMG_2002 (resized).jpgIMG_2189 (resized).jpgIMG_2189 (resized).jpgIMG_2191 (resized).jpgIMG_2191 (resized).jpgIMG_2192 (resized).jpgIMG_2192 (resized).jpgIMG_2193 (resized).jpgIMG_2193 (resized).jpgIMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2195 (resized).jpgIMG_2195 (resized).jpgIMG_2197 (resized).jpgIMG_2197 (resized).jpgIMG_2198 (resized).jpgIMG_2198 (resized).jpgIMG_2199 (resized).jpgIMG_2199 (resized).jpg
#9844 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

We've finally more or less finished this Wonderful of Wizard of Oz Escape Room. Now believe it or not we're going to build a Wizard mini golf. If you were wondering yes we also bought the JJP Wizard of Oz pinball which is amazing.
Here are some new shots where you can see the spooky forest. If anyone finds themselves in St Louis contact me and i'll give you a tour.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Simply awesome man! You have some crazy talent and creativity. Amazing

#9845 4 years ago

For sure talented. Kudos

#9846 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here are some new shots where you can see the spooky forest. If anyone finds themselves in St Louis contact me and i'll give you a tour.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I take off my hat Dr. Frightner, incredible details!

#9847 4 years ago

I’m confused. Are those last bunch of images (spooky forest) part of the room? Or are they art?

#9848 4 years ago

Wait a second... is this in your house?

#9849 4 years ago

Wait a second... is this in your house?

Its an escape room in St louis. Looks awesome.

#9850 4 years ago

Yeah, I wasn't sure because of the room the pins are in. I knew he said escape room, but that doesn't mean it isn't in his house... kinky WOZ and such.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/197?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.