Topic Stats

• 10,057 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by apinballwiz
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10057 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 202.
#9801 59 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I just wanted to share this because if you love the game here is another game... we're building a Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape room based on the book. Wouldn't the pinball game look good in here???
I'm having so much fun creating this entire WORLD!
Check it out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...cool stuff!

#9802 59 days ago

My pants are getting tight for some reason.
pasted_image (resized).png

#9803 59 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Depends are full?

You'll have to be more specific.

#9804 59 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Depends are full?
You'll have to be more specific.

Basically, yes. I was trying to not make it dirty sounding.

Wife won't let me come up from the dungeon until all these are done so..

#9805 59 days ago

Is blurry supposed to be suspenseful?

#9806 59 days ago

Yes!!

#9807 59 days ago

looks awesome larry, is that here in st. louis or are you out of state working on the woz setup?

#9808 59 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I just wanted to share this because if you love the game here is another game... we're building a Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape room based on the book. Wouldn't the pinball game look good in here???
I'm having so much fun creating this entire WORLD!
Check it out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have some crazy talent! Hope to see this in person some day!

#9809 59 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is blurry supposed to be suspenseful?

Yea. Not working?

#9810 58 days ago

Ok, whats the trick for getting the battery out for replacement? Ive tried every tape imaginable and it wont budge...

#9811 58 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok, whats the trick for getting the battery out for replacement? Ive tried every tape imaginable and it wont budge...

There’s a little tab that you have to pull back with your finger nail, and then it just pops out. Watch out for the whirring fan blade. It really cuts, as I learned the hard way.

#9812 58 days ago

Lol i must have completely missed the tab to pull out..

#9813 58 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol i must have completely missed the tab to pull out..

You push it sideways, not out.
Its a shiney metal retainer.

It stays in the battery holder. It doesnt come out.

#9814 58 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

hmmnn, ok ill have to play with it. Thanks.

#9815 58 days ago

Is it like this?

#9817 58 days ago

But it does push "outward" it looks. Sorry, just a little confused on the pushing to the side and not pushing out..

#9818 58 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

But it does push "outward" it looks. Sorry, just a little confused on the pushing to the side and not pushing out..

Push it away from the battery or squeeze it agsinst the plastic side with needle nose pliers.

Its pretty rudimentary and simple, but it works.

#9819 58 days ago

Push it away from the battery or squeeze it agsinst the plastic side with needle nose pliers.
Its pretty rudimentary and simple, but it works.

Gotcha. Thanks again.

I felt like a complete moron last night trying to get that out lol.

#9820 58 days ago

Is this just a cpu battery? Curious.
Thanks

#9821 58 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is this just a cpu battery? Curious.
Thanks

Yes.

#9822 58 days ago

I thought so, I guess I've just never had to approach that battery yet.

#9823 58 days ago

I thought so, I guess I've just never had to approach that battery yet.

Its interesting that JJP recommends changing them every 3 years but everything ive read online about computers say they last about 10 years...

#9824 58 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its interesting that JJP recommends changing them every 3 years but everything ive read online about computers say they last about 10 years...

Well, I'd say I'm at 7 years.
Is it just settings and high scores?

#9825 58 days ago

Well, I'd say I'm at 7 years.

No. If the battery dies, you wont be able to boot your game and then you have to contact JJP about how to do it.. Ive read some things about doing it but not certain.

#9826 58 days ago

They are stored on the hard drive.

LTG : )

#9827 58 days ago

I noticed at the end of the WOZ manual (looking online), there are a ton of pricing cards that you can use. They look really nice.

Has anyone tried to print these? Curious if you need to resize them at all.

#9828 57 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No. If the battery dies, you wont be able to boot your game and then you have to contact JJP about how to do it.. Ive read some things about doing it but not certain.

there is one setting in the cmos that would have to be adjusted if the battery fails.

The computer will boot just fine with a dead or even a removed battery. It just wont save your settings after power loss (powered down).

set pause on start up errors to "never". (errors like no keyboard etc.)

otherwise you get a keyboard prompt. (press any key to continue etc.)

So, its not terrible if the battery dies. You just have to hook up a usb keyboard to change a setting and you're good to go.
Maybe set the time and date etc.

Pretty simple and straightforward.

#9829 57 days ago

there is one setting in the cmos that would have to be adjusted if the battery fails.
The computer will boot just fine with a dead or even a removed battery. It just wont save your settings after power loss (powered down).
set pause on start up errors to "never". (errors like no keyboard etc.)
otherwise you get a keyboard prompt. (press any key to continue etc.)
So, its not terrible if the battery dies. You just have to hook up a usb keyboard to change a setting and you're good to go.
Maybe set the time and date etc.
Pretty simple and straightforward.

Oh. I guess when the manual says it wont boot properly, that is what it means then...

#9830 57 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh. I guess when the manual says it wont boot properly, that is what it means then...

When mine went it didn’t boot until I hooked a keyboard up to it. I used a small dap of hot glue on a wooden dowel pushed it on the battery, let it sit for a couple of minutes to let the glue dry. Pulled on the dowel and the battery came right out. I tried numerous versions of tape and nothing worked.

#9831 57 days ago
Quoted from BigT:

When mine went it didn’t boot until I hooked a keyboard up to it. I used a small dap of hot glue on a wooden dowel pushed it on the battery, let it sit for a couple of minutes to let the glue dry. Pulled on the dowel and the battery came right out. I tried numerous versions of tape and nothing worked.

haha, i was thinking along the lines of how to Macgyver the battery and something like that was in my mind. I didnt realize that you had to push the clip to release the battery. I tried masking tape, packing tape, electrical tape, double sided outdoor permanent tape and duct tape! lol

#9832 57 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Gotcha. Thanks again.
I felt like a complete moron last night trying to get that out lol.

You're not alone. It took me a while to figure out. Once you figure it out though, you're like d'oh!

#9833 56 days ago

Here are some more photos. We did buy the JJP Yellow Brick Road for our Lobby. People love the pinball game. We posted this on facebook and we're up to 2 million views, 10k comments, 10k shares... its blowing up! Just wanted to share some more photos. I should move the pinball right inside! LOL

IMG_1907 (resized).JPEGIMG_1910 (resized).jpgIMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1918 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1920 (resized).jpgIMG_1970 (resized).jpgIMG_1971 (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (resized).jpgIMG_1989 (resized).jpgIMG_1990 (resized).jpg
#9834 56 days ago

Is this in St. Louis? I would like to come do this escape room could you post a link please?

#9835 56 days ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Is this in St. Louis?

Yes downtown in Soulard.

#9836 55 days ago

So I just had something weird happen. I had a Haunted mode going (holes) and a Munchkin mode going (Shoot lit shots, rainbow increases value). I was absolutely killing it, alternating from the Throne room, to the Crystal Ball, occasionally dropping in through the forest, I had it going for quite a while racking up some major points. All the sudden bam, no hold flippers. WTF?? I wasn't doing any left flipper back flipping exploit. Just doing exceptionally well. Totally caught me off guard and I drained. C sucker killed my whole game. Any idea why that happened? I almost want to say I got punished for doing so well...?

It actually happened when it kicked the ball from the Throne Room...

#9837 55 days ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

So I just had something weird happen. I had a Haunted mode going (holes) and a Munchkin mode going (Shoot lit shots, rainbow increases value). I was absolutely killing it, alternating from the Throne room, to the Crystal Ball, occasionally dropping in through the forest, I had it going for quite a while racking up some major points. All the sudden bam, no hold flippers. WTF?? I wasn't doing any left flipper back flipping exploit. Just doing exceptionally well. Totally caught me off guard and I drained. C sucker killed my whole game. Any idea why that happened? I almost want to say I got punished for doing so well...?

Unless I misunderstood your issue no hold flippers is a feature of one of the crystal ball modes? So while it can be a surprise I think that is normal.

#9838 55 days ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I've never seen that particular thing awarded, but it could have been a mystery award from the throne saucer "Big Mystery Award" if you're sure you didn't get a ball in the crystal ball saucer...

#9839 55 days ago

No it was not the crystal ball mode. Single ball on the playfield, shot from the Throne room bam right into no hold flippers instantly. Seemed similar to the no hold flipper punishment for exploiting the left flipper backflip to Crystal ball. Except I was not doing that.

#9840 55 days ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

No it was not the crystal ball mode. Single ball on the playfield, shot from the Throne room bam right into no hold flippers instantly. Seemed similar to the no hold flipper punishment for exploiting the left flipper backflip to Crystal ball. Except I was not doing that.

Maybe your CB switch is acting up, and it registered three times on its own? Just a guess, but perhaps check the optos (I think they’re optos), make sure they are properly aligned and not being triggered from vibration.

#9841 55 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Maybe your CB switch is acting up, and it registered three times on its own? Just a guess, but perhaps check the optos (I think they’re optos), make sure they are properly aligned and not being triggered from vibration.

I second this. I once had a switch on a game start to trigger from the shaker motor. Just needed to make a small adjustment.

#9842 55 days ago

I don't recall anything else out of place going on but I will certainly take a look.

#9843 49 days ago

We've finally more or less finished this Wonderful of Wizard of Oz Escape Room. Now believe it or not we're going to build a Wizard mini golf. If you were wondering yes we also bought the JJP Wizard of Oz pinball which is amazing.

Here are some new shots where you can see the spooky forest. If anyone finds themselves in St Louis contact me and i'll give you a tour.

IMG_2001 (resized).jpgIMG_2002 (resized).jpgIMG_2189 (resized).jpgIMG_2191 (resized).jpgIMG_2192 (resized).jpgIMG_2193 (resized).jpgIMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2195 (resized).jpgIMG_2197 (resized).jpgIMG_2198 (resized).jpgIMG_2199 (resized).jpg
#9844 49 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

We've finally more or less finished this Wonderful of Wizard of Oz Escape Room. Now believe it or not we're going to build a Wizard mini golf. If you were wondering yes we also bought the JJP Wizard of Oz pinball which is amazing.
Here are some new shots where you can see the spooky forest. If anyone finds themselves in St Louis contact me and i'll give you a tour.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Simply awesome man! You have some crazy talent and creativity. Amazing

#9845 48 days ago

For sure talented. Kudos

#9846 48 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here are some new shots where you can see the spooky forest. If anyone finds themselves in St Louis contact me and i'll give you a tour.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I take off my hat Dr. Frightner, incredible details!

#9847 48 days ago

I’m confused. Are those last bunch of images (spooky forest) part of the room? Or are they art?

#9848 47 days ago

Wait a second... is this in your house?

#9849 47 days ago

Wait a second... is this in your house?

Its an escape room in St louis. Looks awesome.

#9850 47 days ago

Yeah, I wasn't sure because of the room the pins are in. I knew he said escape room, but that doesn't mean it isn't in his house... kinky WOZ and such.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 10057 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside