767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 306.
#9751 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its the witch itself just loose on its mount?
It just pulls straight out with the power off.
Tighten and push it back in.

The mount is loose. I can turn her left or right and she is now moving forward and backwards a bit. The screws look to be underneath her that are loose. Not sure how to get to those exactly.

#9752 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Really? A white rubber is more bouncy than a black one?? I would have never known that. Learn something new every day here.
Thanks!

Rubber bounce is measured with a Durometer.

All of the rubber colors have different Durometer ratings. Silicone and urethane are somewhat different.

White is the softest. It lasts less long but is softer and bouncier.

I put white rubber in most of my games, urethane for the posts (black rubber splits off in just a few plays...). For home use its just fine, I like the way it plays.

I put white rubber on my Doctor Who, high end restore, it plays like a dream and looks amazing.

#9753 4 years ago

The specification on that ring is 2" white.
Its a little more bouncy than black, so you can turn down the power to it 3 notches and it works fine.

Tigger would disagree! Black and orange are the bounciest!!!

17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
#9754 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed last night that my white rubber ring by the OZ lanes is getting cut by the slingshot kicker. Need to buy a new one. Suggestions?

Turn the kicker power down a little.

LTG : )

#9755 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The mount is loose. I can turn her left or right and she is now moving forward and backwards a bit. The screws look to be underneath her that are loose. Not sure how to get to those exactly.

Or maybe I should have said the bracket that the witch is mounted on is loose. There are two screws in her back that hold her onto it, and that mounts with two screws under her to the base. Those two screws under her are loose.

#9756 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Really? A white rubber is more bouncy than a black one?? I would have never known that. Learn something new every day here.
Thanks!

SOME white rubber is more bouncy. There are some really crappy white out there where the rubber is cut in with some garbage that makes them tear easily and be about as bouncy as black.

Marco Specialties has THE best white rubber. Very bouncy, excellent quality. Don't bother with anyone elses.

#9757 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SOME white rubber is more bouncy. There are some really crappy white out there where the rubber is cut in with some garbage that makes them tear easily and be about as bouncy as black.
Marco Specialties has THE best white rubber. Very bouncy, excellent quality. Don't bother with anyone elses.

Thats my go to !

I agree the weird vinyl stuff was garbage.

#9758 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Tigger would disagree! Black and orange are the bounciest!!![quoted image]

Lol, i can't deny this...

#9759 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Or maybe I should have said the bracket that the witch is mounted on is loose. There are two screws in her back that hold her onto it, and that mounts with two screws under her to the base. Those two screws under her are loose.

I got the witch off from the top of the playfield. Man, what a PITA the way the angle is for those screws in her back..

#9760 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I got the witch off from the top of the playfield. Man, what a PITA the way the angle is for those screws in her back..

The threaded rod the witch rides on pulls out of the game with her. If you grab her below the hat (anywhere but the hat) you can gently pull her directly up and out of the game completely, nothing special to do (but remove the tube if it is on). Putting it back in is the reverse but don't force it or bend the rod.

#9761 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The threaded rod the witch rides on pulls out of the game with her. If you grab her below the hat (anywhere but the hat) you can gently pull her directly up and out of the game completely, nothing special to do (but remove the tube if it is on). Putting it back in is the reverse but don't force it or bend the rod.

lol, well.. that information would have served me better yesterday! lol

Thanks! That will make things much easier in the future.

#9762 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

lol, well.. that information would have served me better yesterday! lol
Thanks! That will make things much easier in the future.

Heh. Yup, been extremely acquainted with the witch recently.

#9763 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Good link on how/what to remove to replace that rubber.

OMG, I just replaced this rubber ring last night. I wish I had seen this video before wasting an hour figuring out how to get access to the third post.

My machine is only a week old (NIB from Automated services in CT). I think I may of gotten the last RR in NA. I had several rubbers broken on arrival. Automated sent replacement rubber in two days free of charge.

#9764 4 years ago

I am considering getting Pin Stadium lighting for my new RR WOZ. I am not sure if Omega or standard lights work best for WOZ. Anyone have experience with either?

#9765 4 years ago
Quoted from Elphaba:

I am considering getting Pin Stadium lighting for my new RR WOZ. I am not sure if Omega or standard lights work best for WOZ. Anyone have experience with either?

Honestly Any lighting option is great for WOZ. One of the titles that Really need subliminal lighting. There are several pics of WOZ installs in this thread. I did the standard PS lights and it looks great.

#9766 4 years ago
Quoted from Elphaba:

I have standard with the UV flasher triggered from the witch. Works great and can see well.

#9767 4 years ago

I'm biased but I like spotlights to be able to keep parts of the playfield dim. Maybe their newer version do that, I thought I read something about setting individual areas now. I did 7 spotlights, RGB trough and backboard lighting and am very happy with it.

#9768 4 years ago

Anyone ever see this with their crystal ball display? I've replaced the display and check all connections. All I can think of is a corrupt sd card image.
4d9bf62d7feb094734047575bc0327c272f0025b (resized).jpg4d9bf62d7feb094734047575bc0327c272f0025b (resized).jpg

#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Anyone ever see this with their crystal ball display? I've replaced the display and check all connections. All I can think of is a corrupt sd card image.
[quoted image]

Bad connection or faulty screen? Maybe? My connector to the screen was loose when I got it. I hot glued the connector to the screen so it would stop becoming loose.

#9770 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Bad connection or faulty screen? Maybe? My connector to the screen was loose when I got it. I hot glued the connector to the screen so it would stop becoming loose.

I replaced the screen with a new one and tried to wiggle the connection while it's showing the static to see if it was the connection but nothing improved.

#9771 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I replaced the screen with a new one and tried to wiggle the connection while it's showing the static to see if it was the connection but nothing improved.

Bad cable?

#9772 4 years ago

Some animations show up just fine though

d9ae237de81c78181304a821c2db96b03677ff83 (resized).jpgd9ae237de81c78181304a821c2db96b03677ff83 (resized).jpge2194fc246976c878a48d09c25c1c085854f9d55 (resized).jpge2194fc246976c878a48d09c25c1c085854f9d55 (resized).jpg
#9773 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Some animations show up just fine though[quoted image][quoted image]

Sd cards can get corrupted.

Bad cables are more likely.

Open a ticket or see what jjp says.

#9774 4 years ago

Sd cards can get corrupted.
Bad cables are more likely.
Open a ticket or see what jjp says.

I've tried twice and no response. Their customer service is some of the worst I've experienced anywhere, including all the issues with my Wonka that was like pulling teeth trying to talk to someone. I'll try and call them next week.

#9775 4 years ago

How did you source the new screen? It has to come from JJP, they won't release the code that runs the clips on the screen.

They also sell the SD Card loaded. I tried backing mine up, and I have a disk image, but I'm not sure if its usable.

If you replaced with a JJP screen and didn't change the SD Card, I would do that next. It wouldn't likely be the cable if some clips are playing fine and you confirmed the connection on the I/O board side.

#9776 4 years ago

How did you source the new screen? It has to come from JJP, they won't release the code that runs the clips on the screen.
They also sell the SD Card loaded. I tried backing mine up, and I have a disk image, but I'm not sure if its usable.
If you replaced with a JJP screen and didn't change the SD Card, I would do that next. It wouldn't likely be the cable if some clips are playing fine and you confirmed the connection on the I/O board side.

I bought the replacement screen through JJPs website. I'll try and buy a SD card from them when I give them a call. Thanks for your help guys.

#9777 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I bought the replacement screen through JJPs website. I'll try and buy a SD card from them when I give them a call. Thanks for your help guys.

I would just email Shannan for ordering parts. If you know the part number it's even faster, but for something like this you can tell her and she'll know. You can try and get a warranty replacement, she might be able to help, if you are in the 1 year electronics warranty. I don't think the card is that much, like $10 or something.

[email protected]

#9778 4 years ago

I would just email Shannan for ordering parts. If you know the part number it's even faster, but for something like this you can tell her and she'll know. You can try and get a warranty replacement, she might be able to help, if you are in the 1 year electronics warranty. I don't think the card is that much, like $10 or something.
[email protected]

Awesome, just shot her an email. Thanks.

#9779 4 years ago
Quoted from Elphaba:

The standards are the best option for WOZ because there aren't any real flashers at all to use as trigger points for the Omegas. They are expensive but very well constructed and easy to install and customize color and brightness, I prefer them over having a bunch of add-on ugly spotlights stuck all over the game, YMMV.

#9780 4 years ago
Quoted from Elphaba:

OMG, I just replaced this rubber ring last night. I wish I had seen this video before wasting an hour figuring out how to get access to the third post.
My machine is only a week old (NIB from Automated services in CT). I think I may of gotten the last RR in NA. I had several rubbers broken on arrival. Automated sent replacement rubber in two days free of charge.

Would you mind telling us what "LE" number you received and what the actual serial number is? I'm still curious if they've exceeded the 1500 original "limited" production number or not.

#9781 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Would you mind telling us what "LE" number you received and what the actual serial number is? I'm still curious if they've exceeded the 1500 original "limited" production number or not.

My game number is 1144

#9782 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The standards are the best option for WOZ because there aren't any real flashers at all to use as trigger points for the Omegas. They are expensive but very well constructed and easy to install and customize color and brightness, I prefer them over having a bunch of add-on ugly spotlights stuck all over the game, YMMV.

thanks. I think I will invest in the standard edition.

#9783 4 years ago
Quoted from Elphaba:

thanks. I think I will invest in the standard edition.

Or make your own if you’re into that sort of thing. Easy enough and actually turns out better imo.

#9784 4 years ago

Considering a WOZ ECLE with 5V buffered light boards. From what I've read these still can break but just not as frequently. Should I wait for a 2.0 upgrade or are the 5V buffered boards solid enough in a home environment?

#9785 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Considering a WOZ ECLE with 5V buffered light boards. From what I've read these still can break but just not as frequently. Should I wait for a 2.0 upgrade or are the 5V buffered boards solid enough in a home environment?

5v boards are more unreliable than the 7.5v ones IMO, but both the 5v and 7.5v buffered or unbuffered will prematurely fail eventually. It's not "IF" but "WHEN" they fail. Just make sure you take the upgrade cost of a 2.0 system into the price negotiation for the ECLE with the 1.xx system.

#9786 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I had a 7,5v light boards, I was fine with changing the cheap small GI once in a while (3 in a year), until a big board died. At that point the difference of price between that board (250 or 300 I think) and a complete 2.0 kit (800) drove me in favor of getting a 2.0 kit.

It’s easy to install, even fun actually. So if you get a good deal on that 5v I’d say take it and consider the upgrade at some points. It’s worth it and the added peace of mind everytime you turn it on is priceless.

#9787 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I've tried twice and no response. Their customer service is some of the worst I've experienced anywhere, including all the issues with my Wonka that was like pulling teeth trying to talk to someone. I'll try and call them next week.

Keep trying to call. Once you connect, they will be very helpful. I tried three times and finally connected. Emails and messages didn't seem to work.

#9788 4 years ago

I didn't realize this, but I think my sd card/crystal ball display has not been working for a long time. I am talking probably a year. Nothing comes on behind the ball. How do I troubleshoot this? Is there a way to test this in settings? I have a ruby red woz. Thanks for the help.

#9789 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
I noticed last night that my white rubber ring by the OZ lanes is getting cut by the slingshot kicker. Need to buy a new one. Suggestions?
Also, the part number from JJP looks to say 25-2003-32-0 but it calls it a "Black rubber ring - 2 inches". Is that correct, 2 inches?

if it's not cut yet just rotate the rubber a bit.

#9790 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

if it's not cut yet just rotate the rubber a bit.

Turn power down on the kicker too.

#9791 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

How do I troubleshoot this?

Reseat the SD card behind it. Be sure connector is on tight. Then reseat it's connector on the motherboard.

It doesn't really show a lot. With the game powered up in attract mode. Keep hitting a flipper button and eventually you'll see a few things like the splash screen and other stuff. It isn't on all the time.

#9792 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Reseat the SD card behind it. Be sure connector is on tight. Then reseat it's connector on the motherboard.
It doesn't really show a lot. With the game powered up in attract mode. Keep hitting a flipper button and eventually you'll see a few things like the splash screen and other stuff. It isn't on all the time.

And you'll get a static image while in the menu. If it's the screen get the card from jjp at the same time, it's not expensive and could be the issue.

#9793 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I guess the connector came out from motherboard. I just don’t know where it connects into

D3A9ED23-DB98-4AD7-9AF2-FE0698A864B4 (resized).jpegD3A9ED23-DB98-4AD7-9AF2-FE0698A864B4 (resized).jpeg
#9794 4 years ago

Is this the six pin connection below the cable? I’m trying to put it in there but it won’t go in.

FE9FAE19-E1DD-45B5-A3FA-551A00E1B89E (resized).jpegFE9FAE19-E1DD-45B5-A3FA-551A00E1B89E (resized).jpeg
#9795 4 years ago

I figured it out. Thanks for the help. I believe this was never connected from the time i got the game new in box. Lol

#9796 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I figured it out. Thanks for the help. I believe this was never connected from the time i got the game new in box.

Too late to help. The manual has the pinouts for the motherboard. That would let you know what goes where.

#9797 4 years ago

I just wanted to share this because if you love the game here is another game... we're building a Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape room based on the book. Wouldn't the pinball game look good in here???

I'm having so much fun creating this entire WORLD!

Check it out!

IMG_1878 (resized).jpgIMG_1878 (resized).jpgIMG_1879 (resized).jpgIMG_1879 (resized).jpgIMG_1880 (resized).jpgIMG_1880 (resized).jpgIMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1906 (resized).JPEGIMG_1906 (resized).JPEGIMG_1907 (resized).JPEGIMG_1907 (resized).JPEGIMG_1908 (resized).JPEGIMG_1908 (resized).JPEGIMG_1913 (resized).JPEGIMG_1913 (resized).JPEGIMG_1916 (resized).JPEGIMG_1916 (resized).JPEGsc02_066_v003_TRIGGER1.0151 (resized).jpgsc02_066_v003_TRIGGER1.0151 (resized).jpg
#9798 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I just wanted to share this because if you love the game here is another game... we're building a Wonderful Wizard of Oz escape room based on the book. Wouldn't the pinball game look good in here???
Check it out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Check it out![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice! Well done! Love to come check it out if ever in town. Maybe Oct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/196?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.