767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 306.
#9601 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

W10 is the end of the data chain. If the LED board before it works. Then W10 is bad.

Page C-54 in the manual. W3 is before W10.

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Wizard Of Oz. If you need it.

LTG : )

#9602 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

But magnetism drops off sharply at 212 degrees (boiling water for 15mins).

Did this,works great!

Thank you!

#9603 4 years ago

Morning all, Having some light issues and hoping for some help. Had about 1/2 the lights at the bottom of the playfiled go static last night. They were initially good during attract mode, bright and went through the light show fine. Then about 2 minutes into a game they all either all went dim or shut off. The lights did not respond if the ball triggered it,etc. for example: yellow brick road was dimly light up to the fireball insert, Toto had the two “o” off, no throne room lights bit lit oz plaque above was fine, “ball” targets were a dim light blue and did not change if hit and the state fair targets were orange.

This happened about a week ago - reseated connectors on right - restart and was ok, now I think it’s something more serious.

Anyone know if this is normal behavior for the light birads going - if so which one do I start with?

Thanks in advance

Mike

#9604 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

if so which one do I start with?

Please check out page C-54 in the manual ( you can download it at jerseyjackpinball.com ) that page shows the data harness path. From W6 to #29, to #1, to #2, to #3, etc. etc.

Please go into Tests - LEDs - All LEDs, this turns any working all white. Lift playfield and lean on backbox. You can see the working ones kind of glow.

They are wired in series, a straight line. Find the last working one, the one after it that is out is the bad one. With the power on, you can by pass the data harnesses on the LED boards, bypass the bad one, and turn off in settings. ( be sure and turn it back on when you replace it ) this will help you identify a bad one.

As an example, say #15 was out. You can run the data harness from red on W2, to green on #16 instead of #15. If the rest light up, you know #15 is the bad one.

With the power on you can move data harnesses. They go red to green from board to board. Don't mess with the power connectors with the power on.

Look for the last working one. The next one out is the problem.

#9605 4 years ago

Thanks so much for response LTG. I’ll give that a shot over the next few days. I reseated many of the connections in that area - started it this afternoon played about 10 games and the issue has not come up again... yet. If it replicates, I’ll follow the prompts above, can I still get boards directly from JJP?

#9606 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

can I still get boards directly from JJP?

Yes. jerseyjackpinball.com - Store - Parts - WOZ

#9607 4 years ago

Cool. Thanks again and happy holidays!!

#9608 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Morning all, Having some light issues and hoping for some help. Had about 1/2 the lights at the bottom of the playfiled go static last night. They were initially good during attract mode, bright and went through the light show fine. Then about 2 minutes into a game they all either all went dim or shut off. The lights did not respond if the ball triggered it,etc. for example: yellow brick road was dimly light up to the fireball insert, Toto had the two “o” off, no throne room lights bit lit oz plaque above was fine, “ball” targets were a dim light blue and did not change if hit and the state fair targets were orange.
This happened about a week ago - reseated connectors on right - restart and was ok, now I think it’s something more serious.
Anyone know if this is normal behavior for the light birads going - if so which one do I start with?
Thanks in advance
Mike

I had this chart committed to memory when I had 1.x lighting...thank god I've forgotten most of it since 2.0 lighting has been trouble-free.
lightboard-diagram.jpglightboard-diagram.jpg

#9609 4 years ago

Just put my OZ lane mod from liorillusion in tonight. I’m not a big mod guy but this integrates so well. Like the flying monkey and witch smoke mod, they just seem like they should have been in there originally.

#9610 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just put my OZ lane mod from liorillusion in tonight. I’m not a big mod guy but this integrates so well. Like the flying monkey and witch smoke mod, they just seem like they should have been in there originally.

Were you part of the second run? When did you receive yours? I have yet to receive mine and have been patiently waiting.

#9611 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Quoted from LukyDuck:

Were you part of the second run? When did you receive yours? I have yet to receive mine and have been patiently waiting.

Lior's mod is awesome. I was first run, so Ive had mine for a few weeks. It took about 3 weeks to arrive from Israel.
Happy Christmas to all, but especially LTG for his always helpful tech advice. Vireland and pinballinreno too! You guys are always first to chime in with help, much appreciated by all, even when mine isnt broke I read these to help learn.

#9612 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes. I was second run. I’ve been getting regular updates. It got here two days ago (in Idaho).

#9613 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Happy Christmas to all, but especially LTG for his always helpful tech advice. Vireland and pinballinreno too! You guys are always first to chime in with help, much appreciated by all, even when mine isnt broke I read these to help learn.

Yes in deed, in full agreement!

#9614 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

thank you very much. im happy you like it

Quoted from LukyDuck:

check my thread you should get yours really soon. there is huge delay in usps because Christmas and all black friday sales

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Lior's mod is awesome. I was first run, so Ive had mine for a few weeks. It took about 3 weeks to arrive from Israel.

thank you

1 week later
#9615 4 years ago

Where’s the easiest place to tap power for spotlights?

#9616 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Where’s the easiest place to tap power for spotlights?

12v tap it off the GI.

#9617 4 years ago

I'd like to add spotlights and led ribbon under slingshot, but that would turn off on "crystal ball lights off" effect.
Any tuto for that?
Happy new year to all folks

#9618 4 years ago

12v tap it off the GI.

I believe you mean off of the other spotlights (not GI light boards) that are also 12 volts.

#9619 4 years ago

I asked this in another thread but maybe I should ask here instead. I just updated from version 6.61 to 7.02. Right after that I noticed the sound effect I used to hear when I launch the ball (the sound that plays after the shooter lane switch is triggered then released) wasn't always playing anymore. I have no idea how to describe it. (A "reverse bouncy sound"? ) At first I thought maybe the switch had gone bad, but it tests fine. Then I saw this update for version 7.00:

* Improve shooter launch sound logic.

Was removing the sound effect for some of the opening shots the "improvement"?

#9620 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe you mean off of the other spotlights (not GI light boards) that are also 12 volts.

Lol, yes!

#9621 4 years ago

Hello, just got a WOZ 75th, everything looks ok except that while playing ( during one the crystal ball ) the crystal ball streamed what looked like a corrupt gif/mpeg. It was during the broken pinball phase so maybe it is normal but it looked bad, more like a bug, but again I haven’t seen the movie for a while so maybe it is in it. Do anyone of you have that issue? Also it is a 1.4 build, do I really need to switch to 2.0? cheers from Paris and happy new year.

#9622 4 years ago

As long as you don't have any light issue, switching to 2.0 is useless.

For the movie, I'd say to do a complete flash of the latest rom version.

#9623 4 years ago

Oh un français ...

Indeed for the uselessness of the switch, but how long the conversion pack will be aviable?

Ok for the rom refresh but could this be a sign of early failure of the screen?

#9624 4 years ago

Purchasing the kit in case of, can be a good option.
For the rom, might be just a file corruption, hard to say without seeing the bug

#9625 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Oh un français ...
Indeed for the uselessness of the switch, but how long the conversion pack will be aviable?
Ok for the rom refresh but could this be a sign of early failure of the screen?

The other 2.0 kit relevant considerations:
How long will the kit be available at a discounted price?
How long will 1.xx boards have decent resale value to offset the 2.0 kit price?

#9626 4 years ago

Regarding the crystal ball. There is a micro SD card in the pcb attached to the screen. Switch off. Reseat. Reboot. Should be good

#9627 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The other 2.0 kit relevant considerations:
How long will the kit be available at a discounted price?
How long will 1.xx boards have decent resale value to offset the 2.0 kit price?

fair enough

Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Regarding the crystal ball. There is a micro SD card in the pcb attached to the screen. Switch off. Reseat. Reboot. Should be good

Did not know, will try that

#9628 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I have this problem from time to time. Seems a power boot solves it but not sure why it keeps happening.

#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have this problem from time to time. Seems a power boot solves it but not sure why it keeps happening.

A low power boot usually messes up the crystal ball display.

A second boot will generally fix it.

Seems to be wall power issues fot the most part.

#9630 4 years ago

A low power boot usually messes up the crystal ball display.
A second boot will generally fix it.
Seems to be wall power issues fot the most part.

Mine doesnt always do it on startup. Sometimes it does it after a bunch of plays. I would say more often than not, it happens during play and not at startup.

#9631 4 years ago

I contacted JJP back when I got my game and asked them about the crystal ball issue and they said it was a known issue and might get fixed in future updates (that was 4 years ago). Mine occasionally will display a corrupted image, but then will revert back to working fine. Doesn't always do it at start up, but will occasionally have a bad display during game play. It bothered me when the game was new, now I dont care anymore, and really, hardly ever even look at the crystal ball since the viewing angle has always been jacked up for where you actually stand to play the game.

Love the game and just about everything about it...except the crystal ball.

#9632 4 years ago

I had the occasional issue with my crystal ball display. After the crystal ball fell off of the mount, I ended up using a hot glue gun to remount the ball and also the connector to the display. The connector loses its connection during play, due to the vibrations from the crystal ball vuc. I also had to adjust the wire form around the ball because it was hitting the ball & connector when ejecting the pinball. It took some experimentation to get things right due to the close tolerances between the crystal ball, wire form ramp and leaving space for the ramp to move when it vibrates.

I suggest making sure the ball and connector are not being hit by the wire form ramp WHEN the pinball is being ejected and using hot glue to secure the connector to the display so that the signal is not interrupted. The wire form ramp moves/vibrates excessively when the ball is ejected. More so if you get two balls in the vuc at the same time. Also, check to make sure that the nuts securing the ramp and crystal ball mount are tight in order to limit their movement. One last thing, make sure when the pinball goes around the wire form ramp, check to see if it is hitting the crystal ball. My tolerances are so close that there is very little room and the pinball would hit the RH side of the crystal ball.

#9633 4 years ago

There are at least FOUR different versions of WoOz that I know about: base, emerald, red, yellow (right?). When I try to "add to my collection" I'm only seeing one. How do you add a specific model to your collection on pinside?

#9634 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Mine doesnt always do it on startup. Sometimes it does it after a bunch of plays. I would say more often than not, it happens during play and not at startup.

That sounds like a loose cable or sd-card.

Could also be a flakey oled display.
Initially mine would go corrupt or display reversed images.

JJP sent me a new one under warranty.

Changing out the display fixed it.

#9635 4 years ago

That sounds like a loose cable or sd-card.
Could also be a flakey oled display.
Initially mine would go cortupt or display reversed images.
JJP sent me a new one under warranty.
Changing out the display fixed it.

Thanks. Perhaps I should reach out to JJP and see what they think.

#9636 4 years ago

My crystal ball often will end up getting stuck on the skill shot video, so much so that it has burned the skill shot graphic into the screen on the display. Occasionally it will work properly for a few games, but eventually will get frozen on that same skill shot graphic again. I am curious if anyone else has experienced the same behavior, and if an SD card reseat helped it, or am i better off getting a new display? I see JJP has the display listed as available on their parts website.

#9637 4 years ago

Well, I reached out to JJP and this was their response:

"Hi - that is common behavior with the crystal ball monitor - sometimes it will go for an image that isn't there so it will display the code and sometimes you will get a pixelated image or what looks like an old school snowy black and white TV image for a few seconds. Perfectly normal (unfortunately). Thanks, Steve"

So it seems its very common but im surprised there isnt a fix. I feel like my machine will not fix itself but perhaps I haven't given it enough time...

#9638 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

"Hi - that is common behavior with the crystal ball monitor - sometimes it will go for an image that isn't there so it will display the code and sometimes you will get a pixelated image or what looks like an old school snowy black and white TV image for a few seconds. Perfectly normal (unfortunately). Thanks, Steve"
So it seems its very common but im surprised there isnt a fix. I feel like my machine will not fix itself but perhaps I haven't given it enough time...

That is pretty much the same response I got 4 years ago.

#9639 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

That is pretty much the same response I got 4 years ago.

They took over 2 years to fix a verified serious lockup bug on ECLE WoZ machines with anything in the 6.xx and above software, so maybe there's hope they will fix this bug, too. Unless it's a hardware problem and they just don't want that info out there.

#9640 4 years ago

My WOZ Cowardly Lion light board (W3) died and went to that great arcade in the sky tonight. I've got a bunch of other expenses at the time, so the 2.0 upgrade is not in my near future. PM me if you upgraded and have a board to sell.

#9641 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Eject the SD card and reseat it. 15 second procedure . It fixed mine.

#9642 4 years ago

Hello, another question, did anyone created a mask for the ugly black diagonal surface in the middle of the winged monkey rail merging with the backboard art? I wonder why JJP did not complete its mask there

#9643 4 years ago

I had a strange bug last night. I played for 10 minutes got to ball 3.
I did the skill shot in the oz lane and the game turned off and rebooted. I tried to reproduce it but couldn’t.
Is there anything I should check or be worried about ? I havent done any code update since 6.61 and had no issue of any kind.

#9644 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I had a strange bug last night. I played for 10 minutes got to ball 3.
I did the skill shot in the oz lane and the game turned off and rebooted. I tried to reproduce it but couldn’t.
Is there anything I should check or be worried about ? I havent done any code update since 6.61 and had no issue of any kind.

update to the latest code perhaps.

#9645 4 years ago

Someone just put a bunch of WOZ mods on eBay (tornado, witches walls, toto in basket, lighting kit, etc.)

#9646 4 years ago

Love putting mods on this game

0B2E9FB8-C7F4-43DC-BF21-0DA79AADAD48 (resized).jpeg0B2E9FB8-C7F4-43DC-BF21-0DA79AADAD48 (resized).jpeg
#9647 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Love putting mods on this game[quoted image]

Love the 3 wizard gifts. Where did you get those?

#9648 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Love the 3 wizard gifts. Where did you get those?

They're similar to the 2015 (or 2000) Hallmark keepsake ornaments. Probably can pick them up on Ebay or Amazon.

2015 version:
ebay.com link: Hallmark 2015 A Brain A Heart The Nerve The Wizard of OZ Ltd Edition Ornament

hallmark_2025 (resized).jpghallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
#9649 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Love putting mods on this game[quoted image]

Who sells the light up state fair balloon?

#9650 4 years ago

Installed my OZ lanes mod and love it!

4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/193?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.