20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 306.
#9451 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Hey guys,
I have a brand new unopened monkey mod that I'm thinking about letting go - I really don't mind the stock one as much as i thought I did. Please PM me if interested and/or with offer. Thanks!

#9452 4 years ago

Who sells the cute little shoes with socks that go in front of the spinning house?
EAF6D4A2-DB55-4B31-9279-9D8894CCDACF (resized).pngEAF6D4A2-DB55-4B31-9279-9D8894CCDACF (resized).png

#9453 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Who sells the cute little shoes with socks that go in front of the spinning house?
[quoted image]

They are in the house and pop out. Do you need a replacement?

#9454 4 years ago

My game never came with those shoes, is that a factory accessory or aftermarket mod? Here’s what my house looks like...

A4AB663B-996E-42AF-80D1-4AD0D512E9CC (resized).jpegA4AB663B-996E-42AF-80D1-4AD0D512E9CC (resized).jpeg
#9455 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My game never came with those shoes, is that a factory accessory or aftermarket mod? Here’s what my house looks like...[quoted image]

The door opens to expose crushed legs and shoes. Go to tests, its in there, house test?

#9456 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My game never came with those shoes,

Does the door on the side of the house pop open ? Look in there, the shoes are inside.

LTG : )

#9457 4 years ago

They pop out if you spin the house the required amount of times. Trust me they are there

#9459 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The door opens to expose crushed legs and shoes. Go to tests, its in there, house test?

I tested it a few months ago.
Here is a thread that might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-calibrating-house

#9460 4 years ago

Lol, I’m a schmuck...I never knew those legs popped out during spinning house modes. I ran the house test and sure enough, they pop out! I need to play this game more, thanks guys

E34121FE-22A1-4CCB-9777-1B217BC9D3D1 (resized).jpegE34121FE-22A1-4CCB-9777-1B217BC9D3D1 (resized).jpeg
#9461 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Lol, I’m a schmuck...I never knew those legs popped out during spinning house modes. I ran the house test and sure enough, they pop out! I need to play this game more, thanks guys[quoted image]

Lol. That's ok. If you ask how to take the PF glass out, however, we will start heckling you.

#9462 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Lol. That's ok. If you ask how to take the PF glass out, however, we will start heckling you.

The glass comes out?? Interesting.

#9463 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Well.....?? Did you get a monkey?

#9465 4 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I haven't got the special award in many many plays.Is it just a matter of completing the letters 'wizard' for the throne room more often ?
I searched the menu looking for a % feature like what you have with the end of game score match to no avail.
The special feature give such a great effect when it happens.

I have my replay award set to ‘Light Special’ so I get to see that light show more frequently than just an occasional wizard award. (I have my special award set to ‘Points’.)

#9466 4 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I have my replay award set to ‘Light Special’ so I get to see that light show more frequently than just an occasional wizard award. (I have my special award set to ‘Points’.)

I'll certainly try that,thanks for the tip.

#9467 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Does your house toy, in the mini-playfield make any noise when it's spinning? I think I'm hearing a *click-click-click* sound...

Anybody?

#9468 4 years ago

No, only drive motor, no clicking.

#9469 4 years ago

No, that's not normal, sounds like you have an issue.

#9470 4 years ago

Is the post trying to pop up and knock the legs out ?

If not that, look around underneath to see if the moving parts are hitting anything.

#9471 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I need to play this game more[quoted image]

Ha! That might be the understatement of the century!!!

#9472 4 years ago

I am looking at used WOZ and would like to know what problems / issues a used WOZ may have?

#9473 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

I am looking at used WOZ and would like to know what problems / issues a used WOZ may have?

Go to the first page. Look over the key'd posts. You'll get some ideas and fixes there.

#9474 4 years ago

Before I start tearing apart my Woz to diagnose these issues, I thought I'd post about it here first. While playing over the holiday break with my nephew, the machine would randomly lose power to the flippers. Once the ball drained, Rescue multiball would start (just for a moment), the winged monkey would come halfway down and then go back up and then the drained ball sequence would start, showing scores and such. Any ideas where to start with this madness? Thank you!

#9475 4 years ago

Just installed pin stadium lighting in a YBR , a well needed mod ! Looks amazing

CAF64695-00D2-4317-9D1F-56DCC33D9763 (resized).jpegCAF64695-00D2-4317-9D1F-56DCC33D9763 (resized).jpeg
#9476 4 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Before I start tearing apart my Woz to diagnose these issues, I thought I'd post about it here first. While playing over the holiday break with my nephew, the machine would randomly lose power to the flippers. Once the ball drained, Rescue multiball would start (just for a moment), the winged monkey would come halfway down and then go back up and then the drained ball sequence would start, showing scores and such. Any ideas where to start with this madness? Thank you!

Start by going into switch test mode and see if all switches are working properly.

#9477 4 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I had an issue once when the flippers would die. Turned out to be a loose connector on the main board in that metal case thing. Check those

#9478 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I had an issue once when the flippers would die. Turned out to be a loose connector on the main board in that metal case thing. Check those

Awesome! I'll start there. Thanks guys!

#9479 4 years ago

I recommend 100% The "Wizard Of Oz Corn Stalk Field Rows" from pinballmods.co/Harry Houdini, it looks simply awesome, extremely fast shipping to Canada, great customer service, the details of this Mod are amazing, it is a "Must Have Mod!"

Thank you HarryHoudini
30674CF5-079D-4129-87F9-61AEFAF9493E (resized).jpeg30674CF5-079D-4129-87F9-61AEFAF9493E (resized).jpeg56939621-EAF0-454A-8863-244B662F308E (resized).jpeg56939621-EAF0-454A-8863-244B662F308E (resized).jpegDED6513E-F647-4711-B14A-D594529874BE (resized).jpegDED6513E-F647-4711-B14A-D594529874BE (resized).jpegF9188C71-7432-4F17-AC93-06373D13BB5B (resized).jpegF9188C71-7432-4F17-AC93-06373D13BB5B (resized).jpeg

#9480 4 years ago

Hello,
I finally got a nice woz in my collection
I fixed the monkey by tightening the screws on the black plastic thing that seems not so robust.
The machine is a pro, done on June 18th 2014
What are the things I need to look at? I red that some had issues with undersized power supply or fuse?
Is there any tutorial to remove the buzzing noise produced by backbox speakers?

Anyway, I'm in love with it!!

#9481 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,
I fixed the monkey by tightening the screws on the black plastic thing that seems not so robust.
What are the things I need to look at? I red that some had issues with undersized power supply or fuse?

Show it off with some pics!

#9482 4 years ago
DSC_0020 (resized).JPGDSC_0020 (resized).JPGDSC_0022 (resized).JPGDSC_0022 (resized).JPGDSC_0027 (resized).JPGDSC_0027 (resized).JPG
#9483 4 years ago

Was too happy. Monkey did not catch this one. It moved only half of the way then back.
Any solid fix for this?

#9484 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,

Achète ça c’est radical. Tu ouvres le capot métallique et tu le branches là ou la sortie audio est branchée sur la carte son.

https://www.amazon.com/Kript-Eliminate-Electrical-permalloy-Transformers/dp/B01N7QSOO8

#9485 4 years ago

Tweak the switches. The only reason I can think the monkey would return after only travelling half way is because it’s activating the top switch. Have a look at how it behaves in test.

I must admit, I fired mine up this morning for a quick blast for the first time in a month. It’s such a great game. To think I offered it up for sale last week!!! Thank god it didn’t sell!!

#9486 4 years ago

Merci !

Swicths are OK, but I think that when the monkey takes too long to go down, it cancels the move. As this black thing (how is it called?) does not transmit the torque completely, it is for me the main issue.

Edit : had a nice game. 1.7M
Still do not understand what I need to do

#9487 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Merci !
Swicths are OK, but I think that when the monkey takes too long to go down, it cancels the move. As this black thing (how is it called?) does not transmit the torque completely, it is for me the main issue.

Does the monkey travel with little noise or is it binding at all? You may need to put a very thin layer of lithium grease on the drive rod if it's binding / making noise. Test the monkey in the device specific tests and make sure the switches and magnet sense are triggering properly, adjust as necessary.

It doesn't appear to have any kind of protection on the edge of the Munchkinland mini playfield and the damage has most likely already been done but you may want to consider adding a cliffy or at least mylar to the edge to protect against further chipping.

1.7M on WOZ is definitely a really good game, did you make it to Melt the Witch? Congratulations on picking up a great game!

#9488 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hello,

Many times the RCA connectors cause the buzzing so slightly move those while machine is on - these are red, black or yellow tipped wires exiting the big metal box. You can bend the outer RCA thingy's a bit to make them more snug or use pull ties to anchor them. If it's not these check other wires low near the back box - simply move them and see if the noise goes away.

With your first JJP order I'd buy an assortment of fuses, an extra rubber shooter tip, an extra pair of flipper shoe plastics, and one long light board cable to use as a jumper to trouble shoot light problems.

#9489 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Merci !

Clean the threads on the shaft... then apply some machine oil or lithium grease. Mine, after several years, began moving very slowly. I cleaned it and it began working perfectly.

#9490 4 years ago

Also to note, dont go crazy with the grease. I just re-greased mine and I think from adding too much, it was causing it to gunk up. Took a little bit to wipe it down and work the thick stuff out.

#9491 4 years ago

I've put lithium grease. It goes well but there is really not that much grip of the plastic black thing on the rod, causing not enough turn. Monkey flies well without a noise.
I would say that it works 3 times out of 5, mostly when the monkey starts moving right at the activation. Sometime, it starts moving 3-4 seconds after the activation, then I think it's considered by the system as a failure.
That would explain the timer in the monkey debug menu

#9492 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

there is really not that much grip of the plastic black thing on the rod

That joint was replaced with clear vinyl tubing on WOZ's for many years.

#9493 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That joint was replaced with clear vinyl tubing on WOZ's for many years.

I think he is saying that his does not have the clear vinyl tubing since his was made in 2014.

#9494 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting that they made a number plaque for the standard edition. I didnt know they did that.

#9495 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting that they made a number plaque for the standard edition. I didnt know they did that.

Yeah it’s just a sticker like the pricing decal

47C2011B-630B-4BA7-82EB-45ABCC0B6895 (resized).png47C2011B-630B-4BA7-82EB-45ABCC0B6895 (resized).png
#9496 4 years ago

Clear vinyl tubing?
That something I would be happy to see in picture.
That replaces the black plastic thing?
Any reference or suggestion for diy?

#9497 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I don't have a picture . Search Google for model railroad steam engine motors and stuff. Common to have clear vinyl tubing hooking motor shaft to gear box shaft.

Motor - Shaft - Clear Vinyl Tubing - Shaft - Threaded rod.

Hardware stores and hobby shops have clear vinyl tubing. Get a size small enough diameter so you have to shove it onto each shaft.

#9498 4 years ago

OK, no one has a reference, diameter..
Anything?

Thanks

#9499 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have a picture . Search Google for model railroad steam engine motors and stuff. Common to have clear vinyl tubing hooking motor shaft to gear box shaft.
Motor - Shaft - Clear Vinyl Tubing - Shaft - Threaded rod.
Hardware stores and hobby shops have clear vinyl tubing. Get a size small enough diameter so you have to shove it onto each shaft.

Something like this?

https://www.engadget.com/2006/06/29/how-to-build-your-own-cnc-machine-part-1/

#9500 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Clear vinyl tubing?
That replaces the black plastic thing?
Any reference or suggestion for diy?

Just for you I opened my WOZ up and took a picture!

Edit: And the white things in the picture are zip ties.

D2DA45AC-3A56-48BD-98C6-EB2903FF7D72 (resized).jpegD2DA45AC-3A56-48BD-98C6-EB2903FF7D72 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/190?hl=dashmonster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.