Topic Stats

• 10,055 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10055 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 202.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I am about to buy a standard for $8250 CAN but I think it is the old standard. Do you think its a smart move or should I spend a bit more to get a ECLE? Does the old standard have "problems" that I need to be aware of and does it have green armor and rails?

I would find out the games build date and how many plays are on it. If the game was made I believe September 2013 or after it has the newer 7.5v light boards. My ECLE is from October 2013 and it has the newer boards in it. If the game was made prior to September 2013 it will likely have the older 5v boards unless they have been replaced which if that's the case the game is perfectly find. A WOZ standard and ECLE made in say October 2013 using 7.5v light boards shares the exactly same electrical hardware.

I tried to find the post that contains a picture of the 7.5v boards so you can tell if a game has them or not but can't find it.

#902 4 years ago

SuperPinball said:
I am about to buy a standard for $8250 CAN but I think it is the old standard. Do you think its a smart move or should I spend a bit more to get a ECLE? Does the old standard have "problems" that I need to be aware of and does it have green armor and rails?

I personally wouldn't go with the ECLE. I'm not a fan of the armor color and I really don't like all of those signatures. To each their own, but to pay less money for the way I prefer is was a sweet deal. I would recommend looking for a newer standard with the updated light boards.

#903 4 years ago

And cute kid!

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I personally wouldn't go with the ECLE. I'm not a fan of the armor color and I really don't like all of those signatures. To each their own, but to pay less money for the way I prefer is was a sweet deal. I would recommend looking for a newer standard with the updated light boards.

Oh...so you're the one who prefers the standard! More power to you. Can't argue opinion, but I think you may be alone with that one.

#905 4 years ago

I have an older standard and have had one light board go in 2 years,sounds like newer ones are having more problums than Mine and I am one more that does not like the fax similes for the signatures on the le and I am fine with stainless steel trim and not the green look

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am one more that does not like the fax similes for the signatures on the le and I am fine with stainless steel trim and not the green look

I'm not alone! I'm just not a huge fan of the green color or really the color green in general. I would love to have my armor powder coated, just not green. I'd take stainless over green any day. And all of those signatures all over the apron??? Just not my cup of tea. Kind of looks like a kid drew all over it. It doesn't look clean....just kind of messy. Now if those were signatures were worth something, say from a pro athlete or a rock star...I might be ok with it. But they aren't.....so not sure why JJP thought people would want that all over their apron.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade that has an LE. To each their own. My opinion is simply my opinion and nothing more. Any version of WOZ is kick ass in my book!

#907 4 years ago

"I'm not a fan of the armor color and I really don't like all of those signatures. To each their own, but to pay less money for the way I prefer is was a sweet deal."

You know what you prefer and should obviously go for it. Just a side note. I have seen over the years about 7-8 ECLE, 1-2 standards and only one Ruby Red. There's things I like about each including the topper on the Red edition and just seeing the standard for the sake of seeing a non LE version. Looks very nice to me and unlike some non-LE's of other games has identical game-play. I own a ECLE but if I had known the Ruby Red was coming would have slightly preferred it above all of the editions. But then again glad I got my when I did and waiting even longer would have been difficult. I'm glad there's now 3 choices and also neat that TH has choices as well.

Still trying to melt that darn which and have gotten oh so close several times including recently and then failed! Drat!

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

if I had known the Ruby Red was coming would have slightly preferred it above all of the editions

I definitely agree on this one. The armor looks sweet and so does that topper!

#909 4 years ago

I could be wrong but didn't they do 1000 ECLE's first then did the standard after that. If so the standards should be safe as I heard that the first 500 ECLE's were affected . Even if the machine had a 5V board, is it not possible to simply swap the board to the 7.5V buffered or is it not that simple?

#910 4 years ago

I could be wrong but didn't they do 1000 ECLE's first then did the standard after that. If so the standards should be safe as I heard that the first 500 ECLE's were affected . Even if the machine had a 5V board, is it not possible to simply swap the board to the 7.5V buffered or is it not that simple?

They ran both ECLE and Standard at the same time. (opinion only for this next part...) If a distributor ordered 20 LEs and sold them, they then did crazy things like buy 20 more standards, and had the two spots switched. Then they could sell more games while demand was high, but that moved the LE spots back in the queue. So standards could have different boards, and different cabinets depending on when it was built.

And like I said, that swapping spots thing is only my opinion as an external observer. I could be a mile off base.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Oh...so you're the one who prefers the standard! More power to you. Can't argue opinion, but I think you may be alone with that one.

I like the standard too. Stainless looks best IMHO.

#912 4 years ago

Hey can anybody tell me what type of screws to use to attach the muchkinland cliffy protector? I am going to install all my cliffy's this weekend and seem to have misplaced the screws.

#913 4 years ago

FYI, you can buy the metal apron to replace the wood one if you want....

#914 4 years ago

I prefer the SS version as well, go figure.

I would contact JJP and ask if the 5v boards are covered if the fail. The warranty on these boards was extended beyond the original 1 yr because of the problems people had and I would hope a seller of an early game would be able to transfer this as it would greatly help the resale for early adopters.

#915 4 years ago

I'm also very happy with the SS on my standard. The green is maybe slightly nicer looking, IMO, but I really don't care for the red. The decals are pretty crappy compared to the printed cabinet, though.

Quoted from BobC:

FYI, you can buy the metal apron to replace the wood one if you want....

I thought the wood apron was just installed on top of the metal one. I don't have an LE, so I may be wrong.

#916 4 years ago

I got to Melt the Witch for the second time yesterday but crapped out about as quick as I did last time so I still don't have a dang clue what I'm supposed to do in that mode.

#917 4 years ago

I finally won the ball back from the left drain, "no place like home" . Been to level 3 many times but always timed out!

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I finally won the ball back from the left drain, "no place like home" . Been to level 3 many times but always timed out!

A week or so ago I made it to the last level (shoot the ramp) and drained! Frustrating mode. I wish using the flippers to turn off the pops during that mode worked.

#919 4 years ago

Funny, I just completed that left drain mode for the first time too. Still haven't melted that damn with though. Can someone chime in on what shots you have to hit to take her out? I swear I'm not shooting for the right ones :-/

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I still don't have a dang clue what I'm supposed to do in that mode.

Do you want to know, or would you rather figure it out on your own?

I thought there was a tag to hide spoilers, but couldn't find it.

Anyway, SPOILER ALERT!
Shoot the non-green shots (white or red), and it will turn the white ones to red. When all are red, shoot the drop target, then lock a ball in the VUK behind it. The second ball goes up the right ramp, falls through the Munckin hole, and you have to make a one-timer to the witch.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I got to Melt the Witch for the second time yesterday but crapped out about as quick as I did last time so I still don't have a dang clue what I'm supposed to do in that mode.

SPOILER ALERT..... SPOILER ALERT..... SPOILER ALERT..... SPOILER ALERT..... Stop reading if you want to figure it out yourself...

So the whole playfield goes green and it spits a second ball out into play. There is a ball saver that activates to let you get your bearings.

There will be shots lit up as white inserts. The first stage is to shoot those inserts and they will turn red.

I'm not sure of the number of them you need, but there is a funny scoring part about this. Shooting a red shot counts towards the number needed, but it is worth less points than the white shots. Most of the time I don't worry about the score, I just want to complete the shots.

After the required shots the castle VUK will light white, so you shoot one of the balls there. That is when the music crescendo starts to happen and the ramp starts flashing. You are now on the clock to make the ramp shot, then the ball goes through the munchkin playfield and drops through to the upper right flipper, at which point you hit the witch and melt her!

Now the music, the lights, and everything about that last section is created to make it difficult to do. The tension rises dramatically after you lock the ball in the castle VUK. And if you don't make the ramp fast enough, it is going to spit it out and you need to be ready for that if it is taking too long to hit the ramp.

I'm not going to describe anything after you make that final shot to melt her. Take my word for it, you don't want to know until you see it for the first time yourself.

END OF SPOILERS, Get after her again.

#922 4 years ago

The difficulty of the left drain can be adjusted. In the easiest difficulty, you only have to hit each target once and it is carried over across balls.

#923 4 years ago

what kind of tool do you guy use to loosen the tiny nuts on the leaf switches? specifically the witch leaf switches, those 2 tiny black nuts. is it some kind of nut driver? socket? thanks for help.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

what kind of tool do you guy use to loosen the tiny nuts on the leaf switches? specifically the witch leaf switches, those 2 tiny black nuts. is it some kind of nut driver? socket? thanks for help.

I have a nut driver that worked. Getting those switches dialed in is important.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Be careful when retightening the tiny nuts. It is easy to overtighten and break the tiny bolt. Those bolts are part of the bracket so breaking one means replacing the bracket.

#926 4 years ago

So are there 3 versions of WOZ, ECLE, PRO and RRLE?

Dont forget the AusLE (same as ECLE but no wooden apron) and the Rescue Edition (built for Australians that lost their dosh when Bumper Amusements went under).

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm also very happy with the SS on my standard. The green is maybe slightly nicer looking, IMO, but I really don't care for the red. The decals are pretty crappy compared to the printed cabinet, though.

I thought the wood apron was just installed on top of the metal one. I don't have an LE, so I may be wrong.

I'd guess the metal one would not have the artwork on it though, or at least holes to secure the wood?

2 months later
#928 4 years ago

Did all WOZ come with a Trough Ball Stop (as seen in pictures here --> http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html)?

I ask b/c my machine which was manufactured in June of 2014 doesn't have one and the Manual (version 3.0 from June 2014 also) suggests it should (on page A-8 of manual)... but I don't see it indicated on the schematic on page C-27

Regardless... any suggestions on how to add one / where to get one (preferably not an entire trough but just the flap and necessary connection hardware). Would something like this work? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1168

#929 4 years ago

Mistake... deleted

#930 4 years ago

I can't remember if I took that out or just taped it back. I was having issues with the ball kicking into the shooter lane properly, I thought that was the problem....clearly not . Make sure it isn't just taped back with black electrical tape. If not, I believe it may be in the coin box. I can't imagine I would have thrown it out. I don't throw anything out, just ask my wife!

Edit: After looking at the pic from pinball life, YES, I did remove that. I installed some washers in it's place by the trough to make up the space that the mounting arm took up. Check the coin box.

Edit edit: Do that adjustment in the article as well. I wish I found that when i owned WOZ. I know your game is doing it sometimes. Highly annoying when it happens.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can't remember if I took that out or just taped it back. I was having issues with the ball kicking into the shooter lane properly, I thought that was the problem....clearly not . Make sure it isn't just taped back with black electrical tape. If not, I believe it may be in the coin box. I can't imagine I would have thrown it out. I don't throw anything out, just ask my wife!
Edit: After looking at the pic from pinball life, YES, I did remove that. I installed some washers in it's place by the trough to make up the space that the mounting arm took up. Check the coin box.
Edit edit: Do that adjustment in the article as well. I wish I found that when i owned WOZ. I know your game is doing it sometimes. Highly annoying when it happens.

Found it. Much smaller than I pictured in my mind. Thank you! Also think I'm onto the solution for occasional trough kickout rejects... Think it is the apron so I'm going to try some spacers so it moves forward a little.

#932 4 years ago

If it is the normal issue it is not the apron. It is the ball guide at the top of the trough which has been documented here. I had to bend mine (slightly) and haven't had an issue since.

#933 4 years ago

Here is the link for the fix on pinplay. http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
Hope this helps.

#934 4 years ago

Hi all. I'm seriously considering getting a Standard WOZ. I have a few questions.

In the US, what is the typical distributor price I should expect to pay for the standard version NIB delivered?

Are there any game play or significant feature differences between the Standard and some of the limited editions, or is it all very nice bling?

Finally, I need to free up some more funds and am looking at April of next year to purchase. Do you know if they will still be available NIB at that time?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

In the US, what is the typical distributor price I should expect to pay for the standard version NIB delivered?

Looking forward to hearing the responses.

#936 4 years ago

Well today I bought a WOZ Emerald City from a friend. So far I LOVE it, but have a few questions. I am noticing that the ball is pretty frequently falling off the metal ramps as its supposed to come down and feed the lane by the right flipper. Is there a way to fix this? Also, I've never downloaded from JJP and was wondering if someone might be able to talk me through it over the phone if I call them?

After just a few games, its already my wife and kids favorite pin of all time!

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Well today I bought a WOZ Emerald City from a friend. So far I LOVE it, but have a few questions.

Congratulations! It's a great game.

Quoted from cscmtp:

I am noticing that the ball is pretty frequently falling off the metal ramps as its supposed to come down and feed the lane by the right flipper.

Do you mean the left flipper? If so, are you talking about the feed when the ball gets kicked out of the Crystal ball VUK (vertical up-kicker)?

Quoted from cscmtp:

I've never downloaded from JJP and was wondering if someone might be able to talk me through it over the phone if I call them?

First, download the software by going to the link below

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

Under the Full Game Install heading, Click on [Wizard Of Oz - Full Install ISO - 5.05]

The file is very large (about 4gB) and should take about 20min to download.

I recommend using IE (Internet Explorer) browser as I've had problems with Google Chrome not doing a complete down load.

When the download is complete you should make sure it downloaded okay by verifying the checksum.

To do this, you can run the utility listed below:

http://www.winmd5.com/

The output from the utility should match the following:

8a4a45aa5e73bc6b6c0060228f88b41c

(this is the code you get when you click on [MD5 CHECKSUM] on the JJP download site)

This is the most time consuming part of the process and will get you half way there. I haven't installed the new version on my game yet, so perhaps someone else can take over from here.

Also note that updating the software usually isn't this complicated. Normally the updates are small (delta), require very little time to download and only have a couple of steps after. However, since this is a major update, a full install is required.

#938 4 years ago

Thank you Jvspin. Doing the download now. We live in a pretty rural area, so it may take 2 hours to download. But sounds like it will be worth the wait.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Congratulations! It's a great game.

Do you mean the left flipper? If so, are you talking about the feed when the ball gets kicked out of the Crystal ball VUK (vertical up-kicker)?

No its when its coming down from the castle and the wire form brings it down to the right flipper. It keeps falling out before it makes it to the bottom.

#940 4 years ago

I know there have ben some bugs reported in the new WOZ update, but wow the fun factor has been boosted way up! Well done JJP.

#941 4 years ago

Am loving the new code... and <brag> finally got SOTR!!! </brag> FYI: when the ramp is lit for SOTR it is awesome... the yellow brick road lights become a animated rainbow like thing.

SOTR-SRT.jpg

Game time was 62 minutes and change.

A few oddities on the way:

1. After getting the 3 munchkin modes before the multiball the progress towards the multiball stopped being displayed in the status reports (i.e. it looks like you haven't played any munchkin modes). Fortunately the actual status is correct and the next munchkin is the multiball and the jewel is awarded. (phew... was I worried... that was the last one I needed)

2. After SOTR it seemed like the ramp light (the one that shows you have the munchkin land playfield lit) was lit a dull green and didn't change.

FYI: My game is at 6.5 degrees and settings are default except special awards extra ball, ball saver set to 10 seconds (might be too generous), and Toto set to allow 5 waves (but I only used 1). Might be one or two other minor mods... and now probably time for me to start making the game a bit more difficult (7 degrees, less time on ball saver, etc.)

What settings do you all typically have for your games?

#942 4 years ago

Just watched Wicked today. I will now feel guilty for melting the witch...if I ever do!

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

If it is the normal issue it is not the apron. It is the ball guide at the top of the trough which has been documented here. I had to bend mine (slightly) and haven't had an issue since.

Originally I was thinking the above but based upon watching the ball get ejected from the trough I was seeing it deflect appropriately and then hitting the side of apron just to the right of that. So if I were to bend it outward more that would only worsen the problem. That led me to think the below...

Quoted from tiesmasc:

Also think I'm onto the solution for occasional trough kickout rejects... Think it is the apron so I'm going to try some spacers so it moves forward a little.

So far, a single washer to move the right side of the apron forward about 1/16" seems to have resolved the issue!!! Will of course be doing "more testing" in the near future

#944 4 years ago

jfc, I just suck at this game. I have yet to crack a million and am nowhere near SOTR. On at least one ball a game I seem to get a drain from the witch magnets.
Are scores improving because of the add a ball or from EBs?

#945 4 years ago

In my case, it is the add a ball. I didn't pick up either of the new extra balls, but increased my best score from 760k to over a million yesterday.

#946 4 years ago

The things that are helping me increase scores are (in approximate order of most to least)

Increasing Skill / New Tricks (I'm getting better ball control during multiballs and after watching a few videos picked up a few two-ball cradle backhand shots)
Add-a-ball
Resurrection
Fireball Frenzy extra ball

Note: I have gotten the HOADC extra ball too... but that is still rather rare and seems to add more risk than reward (for me at this point).

#947 4 years ago

Read your post in regards to game settings. Not to take away from your result but my game is set wickedly hard.

I am at a point where I may need to decrease some difficulty to get any deeper. It's a hard pill to swallow thoug but I'm getting frustrated like I did when I owned LOTR. Just grinding though the first half of to game to hit the post DTR or MTW wall.

I know, I know. play better.

#948 4 years ago

This has been posted elsewhere but should be in this thread as well.
An awesome video of play with the new code 5.05 by a very skillful player, Karl Deangelo.
Video setup is also high quality and easy to watch. He almost makes getting to SOTR look easy.
His game play and comments will give everyone some hints on strategies and techniques. I have watched it twice

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Read your post in regards to game settings. Not to take away from your result but my game is set wickedly hard.
I am at a point where I may need to decrease some difficulty to get any deeper. It's a hard pill to swallow thoug but I'm getting frustrated like I did when I owned LOTR. Just grinding though the first half of to game to hit the post DTR or MTW wall.
I know, I know. play better.

Agreed that my settings need some changes to increase difficulty (and the reason I included them so people could comment). Curious what settings you use though? And also playfield slope?

I'm thinking of going to pure default settings except for ball save (maybe 6 or 8 seconds) and extra ball instead of free game... and 7 degree pitch.

Also have found that my witch isn't registering hits near the bottom so I'm going to have to determine how to adjust that...

#950 4 years ago

Thanks Stu! I guess I need to download the new software today. Sounds like it makes a big difference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10055 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside