20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 306.
#9351 4 years ago

SOS... game plays ok though but I just took it out of the box yesterday and have a crystal ball spinner bad switch. Any ideas? Thanks

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9352 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Hi Lermods, could you explain more what you mean by this? PM me if want to. Oh, and the mushroom land mod on Wonka is a nice addition! Thanks.

Thanks, glad you like the candy mushrooms!

If you look at your yellow brick road inserts in my pic and your before pic, they are easy to see lit. In your after pic, you can’t tell that they are on as the white lights from your mod “wash” them out. Maybe the inserts are actually off, but it looks like you can see light coming up through them so I think they are on. The camera may also exaggerate the effect.

If you look at my pic, look how deep the red color is around the slings, in yours they lose that deep rich color because there is too much white light, IMO.

In the end, all that really matters is that your are happy with the result and it sounds like both your and your wife are. your game definitely is lit up and you can see areas in your game that you can’t see in mine, I just prefer more accent lighting (including purple in the forest area). I know I’m likely biased because I sell accent lighting, but it is my preference.

#9353 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

SOS... game plays ok though but I just took it out of the box yesterday and have a crystal ball spinner bad switch. Any ideas? Thanks[quoted image]

check to see if one of the wires has come off the switch.

#9354 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm just curious... what would it take for you to NOT defend JJP? You have a company that's admitted their boards have a design defect... they then charge customers for the replacement boards and expect them to spend a ton of time to install them.

I call out JJP (and Stern, and AP) when it's warranted. Here's a few "harsh" JJP opinions I can think of off the top of my head:

Software from 6.xx and up locking up early ECLE WoZ machines with certain motherboard chipsets because of a change to the linux kernel. JJP didn't fix this for TWO YEARS despite me and other operators constantly asking. I finally got tired of it and swapped to a newer motherboard with a newer chipset that solved the problem - posted the instructions on pinside to help others struggling with the issue as I am wont to do and magically JJP had a fix up right after that. This was BAD BUSINESS. JJP says they want to support operators, and this was a major problem they could have fixed at least a YEAR sooner that directly affected operators, but they didn't.

The crappy JJP Lawlor headset placement at your knees on the newer cabinets. This is the dumbest placement EVER, and on location is SUCKS because the smallest toddler can now mush whatever boogers or peanut butter or whatever in that attractive headphone hole that's now at their level. It's also STUPID if you're even average height. I complain about this all the time and will never accept it. Jack told me directly to my face it was Pat's idea ("what Pat wants, Pat gets"), but Ted says it was a committee. Whatever it REALLY was, it needs to be rescinded.

Wonka. I've stated multiple times how crappy it is that a theme ABOUT imagination has so little imagination in the design. It's the second worst JJP machine, due primarily to boring design, but also losing sound and video guys after jjPotC really shows.

I'm sure there are other examples, but I've had people complain to me personally in PM and in threads about those three opinions, so they're not JJP "fanboy" opinions.

Look, I am lucky in that I have access to a constant flow of new pins from Stern, JJP, and AP (and hopefully Spooky someday) so I see the pluses and minuses of ALL of them. Lots of people with only one pin or a few pins don't have that perspective (check out my "pins I've had" list on my profile, it's not even current). I've been called a Stern fanboy AND a JJP fanboy from people that have a "side" and don't like me posting negatives about "their" company or particular pin. But I'm not going to post only positive stuff, and I'm not going to dog on a course of action that was right for the most part from any of the manufacturers.

Which brings me to the 2.0 lighting. It's the right decision. Making a kit available relatively cheaply to provide a path to a stable lighting system is better than no path at all. Anyone considering not upgrading, I say stay with 1.x at your own peril. And yes, the 2.x GI is dimmer, but for literally way less than $100 in spotlights and general lighting, you can make it look better than it did day one at the factory. WoZ was ALWAYS a dark game. ALWAYS. So if you had already installed spotlights you're ahead of the game. IF you didn't, pony up a few bucks and fix the lighting. It's NOT HARD and not worth bitching about.

So no, no coddling from me with dumb, easy-to-fix stuff that is NOT UNIQUE TO JJP (want to see REALLY DARK? Try Rob Zombie).

#9355 4 years ago

Howdy! 'Just wanted to say how pleased I am over my help with the JJP staff in the past (they have helped me so very much) but how really shitty
how now when I have a problem they don't get back to you after leaving a message. I figured out my problem but it took me quite a while - if I could have spoken with someone it would have saved me a ton of trouble shooting. I understand there are times when people are tied up but they should get back to you if you leave your contact information.
My thanks to Shannan in the parts department for her prompt service and my past help with problem solving- I wish I could remember the names of the people were so patient keeping my WOZ running in the past, they were so very helpful. I hope JJP has not become just another problem ignoring company.
When I leave a message I expect someone to get back to me - is this too much to ask?

#9356 4 years ago

I don’t know how you contacted them but I had a couple questions about my game and left a service message. After only 10 mins I was on the phone with LTG.

#9357 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My thanks to Shannan in the parts department for her prompt service and my past help with problem solving- I wish I could remember the names of the people were so patient keeping my WOZ running in the past, they were so very helpful. I hope JJP has not become just another problem ignoring company.
When I leave a message I expect someone to get back to me - is this too much to ask?

Frank was a huge part of the generally great JJP support experience, but now that he's gone, they're probably severely short-handed, resulting in the experience you and some others are reporting. Hopefully that evens out soon with a new hire or hires to fill the support gap.

#9358 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Howdy! 'Just wanted to say how pleased I am over my help with the JJP staff in the past (they have helped me so very much) but how really shitty
how now when I have a problem they don't get back to you after leaving a message. I figured out my problem but it took me quite a while - if I could have spoken with someone it would have saved me a ton of trouble shooting. I understand there are times when people are tied up but they should get back to you if you leave your contact information.

I understand where you're coming from, but also keep in mind that they are still shorthanded in the service department since Frank left. I would imagine their incoming calls and e-mails are higher than before with all the playfield issues so some things may slip through the cracks. Not making excuses, just an unfortunate fact. Steve and Lloyd the great patrol the forums for those in need of help on a timely basis!

#9359 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The GI lighting can be corrected (and 1.xx lighting was dark, too, just not as dark) with a few spotlights and 30 minutes of time....

I would say the GI can be augmented (basically replaced) by spotlights (or stadium lighting, etc) but a big feature of a game like WOZ is rgb lighting that changes with the gameplay! Heck, for POTC JJP even made lack of rgb gi a downgrade for the standard models.

What you lack with a retrofitted 2.0 WOZ is effective/noticeable rgb gi. End of story unless JJP engineers yet another fix.

Yes, you can add spotlights without a lot of time if you buy a pre-made kit but soldering, shrink tubing, molex harness connectors and zip ties for a good diy job are going to take a hell of a lot longer than 30 minutes and guess what? No matter how you slice it, you'll still not have a machine that looks like it was supposed to. You'll have a machine where the inserts work (are we supposed to be super grateful about this???) and the rgb gi is barely visible. This after 12-16 hours of your time plus close to a thousand dollars ($830 + whatever on additional retrofit gi lights) poured into "fixing" the lighting. (Not to mention the fact that adding spotlights seriously obscures the artwork on the slingshots.)

Bottom line, JJP still hasn't gotten basic lighting engineered right for any of the original WOZ games. But the game itself is so good that some owners continue to defend them or minimize the insulting nature of the situation even after all this.

#9360 4 years ago

Curious question...I have two drilled out holes on one of my ramps and nothing attached to this location. This is on a brand new RR.

Can anyone tell me what they are for or what they were once used for?

55F89334-66EE-490D-BB56-E5C90A33CFF3 (resized).jpeg55F89334-66EE-490D-BB56-E5C90A33CFF3 (resized).jpeg
#9361 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Curious question...I have two drilled out holes on one of my ramps and nothing attached to this location. This is on a brand new RR.
Can anyone tell me what they are for or what they were once used for?[quoted image]

Isnt that were the tornado goes?
Do you have a tornado and toto figures that came with machine?

#9362 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I would say the GI can be augmented (basically replaced) by spotlights (or stadium lighting, etc) but a big feature of a game like WOZ is rgb lighting that changes with the gameplay! Heck, for POTC JJP even made lack of rgb gi a downgrade for the standard models.
What you lack with a retrofitted 2.0 WOZ is effective/noticeable rgb gi. End of story unless JJP engineers yet another fix.
Yes, you can add spotlights without a lot of time if you buy a pre-made kit but soldering, shrink tubing, molex harness connectors and zip ties for a good diy job are going to take a hell of a lot longer than 30 minutes and guess what? No matter how you slice it, you'll still not have a machine that looks like it was supposed to. You'll have a machine where the inserts work (are we supposed to be super grateful about this???) and the rgb gi is barely visible. This after 12-16 hours of your time plus close to a thousand dollars ($830 + whatever on additional retrofit gi lights) poured into "fixing" the lighting. (Not to mention the fact that adding spotlights seriously obscures the artwork on the slingshots.)
Bottom line, JJP still hasn't gotten basic lighting engineered right for any of the original WOZ games. But the game itself is so good that some owners continue to defend them or minimize the insulting nature of the situation even after all this.

Couldn’t say it better

#9363 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Can anyone tell me what they are for or what they were once used for?[quoted image]

I have an RR also and I also have the two holes but it's not for the tornado.

#9364 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I have an RR also and I also have the two holes but it's not for the tornado.

I have an original standard with the same unused holes. Always wondered what they are for.

#9365 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I have those holes... 2014 build

#9366 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

That's how Toto breathes when you lock him away for being a bad dog.

#9367 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Looks like the perfect place for a switch until you decide to either move it back or eliminate it. Then you are just stuck with holes.
Also an innovative way to save shipping costs by cutting weight.

#9368 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Jersey Jack WOZ Emerald City LE #937 Absolutely flawless HUO condition. If you've been looking at ECLEs then you know what they have.. Signed Wood Apron. Direct Print Cabinet. Mec...”
2019-11-13
Livermore, CA
10,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 972 times

I'm gonna miss it

#9369 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm gonna miss it

Well you are lucky, you might keep it a bit longer.

#9370 4 years ago

Looking for a tester for low profile spotlights with covers similar to what we’ve done for wonka and mbR. It’s a 3 smd light strip inside a 3D printed cover with a decal on top. Pm me if interested. You’ll need to take some pics for me and provide feedback. You’ll receive a free set. Must be in the US.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-spotlight-covers

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

Edit: tester found.

#9371 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Well you are lucky, you might keep it a bit longer.

That was funny

#9372 4 years ago

He might be telling the truth.

#9373 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

He might be telling the truth.

I know. Worth a shot

#9374 4 years ago

it seems i must give up with my LED Problem. (White is flickering/some GI Leds reversed green and red) bought another complete LED Board Set, also 7.5Volt, here on Pinsidemarket. My "old" 7.5 Volt Boards has an yellow Numbersticker and the others an white Sticker. Also my "old" ones has an extra print under the Board... 94V etc. (watch pictures) When i replace one of my little Boards with the one with the white Sticker (choose same number)... green and red is reversed.
WTF!!!! WHY???

DSC_1949 (resized).JPGDSC_1949 (resized).JPGDSC_1951 (resized).JPGDSC_1951 (resized).JPGDSC_2052 (resized).JPGDSC_2052 (resized).JPGDSC_2053 (resized).JPGDSC_2053 (resized).JPG
#9375 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

These holes (at least on my machine WoZRR) are where the “additional” interactive twister is mounted. The additional twister has lights and strobe in twister mode inside the actual twister. Yes I know I said twister a lot. On the bottom of the additional twister are 2 little plastic push button things that go into those 2 holes you see there. I’m at work but can post a picture later if needed. Hope this helps.

#9376 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

These holes (at least on my machine WoZRR) are where the “additional” interactive twister is mounted. The additional twister has lights and strobe in twister mode inside the actual twister. Yes I know I said twister a lot. On the bottom of the additional twister are 2 little plastic push button things that go into those 2 holes you see there. I’m at work but can post a picture later if needed. Hope this helps.

That twister is aftermarket... they simply took advantage of the holes to mount their mod.

#9377 4 years ago

Those holes mount the twister plastic from the prototype.

#9378 4 years ago

Crystal ball came off the mount last night.

Recommendations for reattaching it?

On a machine that is barely a month old, I am surprised by all of the things that keep breaking or need to be fixed/re-laced. This is becoming a weekly endeavor, having to fix things and is frustrating being the machine is so new.

#9379 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

On a machine that is barely a month old, I am surprised by all of the things that keep breaking or need to be fixed/re-laced. This is becoming a weekly endeavor, having to fix things and is frustrating being the machine is so new.

That's pinball... and not ucommon with NIB. Contact JJP or ask LTG on the best method to fix.

#9380 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Those holes mount the twister plastic from the prototype.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 12.47.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-15 at 12.47.55 PM (resized).png
#9381 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Super glue gel, 5 minute epoxy, etc.

LTG : )

#9382 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

[quoted image]

Look again. It may have been used for the twister on the prototype but this picture shows the twister is mounted on the other side of the ramp from the holes in question.
Capture1 (resized).jpgCapture1 (resized).jpg

#9383 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

CA glue gel. Fix it up in 5 mins.

Dont worry about a pinball machine falling apart or needing an adjustment.

They all do this. All of them.

A few little tightenings here, a little blue loctite there, and your all fixed.

Games do settle down after awhile and give very few problems after the initial shake-down.

If you want an action toy that doesnt break, get a pet rock....

#9384 4 years ago

Pinballs get bumped around quite a bit during shipping or moving, it should come around.

#9385 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you want an action toy that doesnt break, get a pet rock....

Too much fun.

DSC00135 (resized).JPGDSC00135 (resized).JPGDSC00136 (resized).JPGDSC00136 (resized).JPG
#9386 4 years ago

Hi,
I'm awaiting my woz pro, the one with the issue on the monkey. The motor works uy the monkey moves freely.
From what I understood the issue is linked to a lack of transmission between the rotating rod and the monkey part.
Does anyone have an example of good way to fix it?
There was a mention of tubing used by railroad modelers but I would be happy to have more precise info

Thanks

#9387 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
I'm awaiting my woz pro, the one with the issue on the monkey. The motor works uy the monkey moves freely.
From what I understood the issue is linked to a lack of transmission between the rotating rod and the monkey part.
Does anyone have an example of good way to fix it?
There was a mention of tubing used by railroad modelers but I would be happy to have more precise info
Thanks

There are switches at the top and bottom. If they aren’t working, the Monkey doesn’t work. Go into switch test mode and confirm.

#9388 4 years ago

I don't have yet the pinball but it seems not related to switches
I have a video here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16T9A-YVs9XasZ3XEzzsqHREPHpr8Wi9J/view?usp=drivesdk

#9389 4 years ago

Does your house toy, in the mini-playfield make any noise when it's spinning? I think I'm hearing a *click-click-click* sound...

#9390 4 years ago

As said, I'm awaiting the machine, it will be shipped this week to me

#9391 4 years ago

Given how dark the game is at the slings, we came up with a low profile spotlight option that attaches to the slings and reflects light on to the lower playfield. We had these out to a tester and the feedback was positive on the install and the effect so ready to offer them more widely. Hopefully he will chime in.

It's shown in red, but we will offer it in green, warm white and cool white. The spotlights covers are 3d printed with a yellow brick road decal on top. The spotlights are 3 SMD LEDs. These are now available in our site and will be in our pinside shop shortly.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwizard-of-oz-pinball-spotlight-covers

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191117150926254_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20191117150926254_COVER (resized).jpgemail1574021565933 (resized).jpgemail1574021565933 (resized).jpg
#9392 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Given how dark the game is at the slings, we came up with a low profile spotlight option that attaches to the slings and reflects light on to the lower playfield. We had these out to a tester and the feedback was positive on the install and the effect so ready to offer them more widely. Hopefully he will chime in.
It's shown in red, but we will offer it in green, warm white and cool white. The spotlights covers are 3d printed with a yellow brick road decal on top. The spotlights are 3 SMD LEDs. These are now available in our site and will be in our pinside shop shortly.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwizard-of-oz-pinball-spotlight-covers[quoted image][quoted image]

I DARE you to name them Mini-Pinstadiums lol. Looks good.

#9393 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ha ha!

#9394 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should probably link them to every game in the Pinside market database, too.

#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwizard-of-oz-pinball-spotlight-covers[quoted image][quoted image]

I was fortunate to get to be the guinea pig for Lermods new lighting mod. That’s my game pictured above. The picture was taken is a dimly lit room. They really are a quick, easy and effective way to add some light to the lower playfield. They come with a pre-made harness with a splitter that makes tapping into the existing 12v spotlight power a breeze. I installed the whole mod in less than 10 minutes!

#9396 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I agree.
I haven't been able to contact JJP and neither has my dealer. WTF JJP. I was probably in for a GNR but if I can't get a hold of you to purchase a simple part then forget me as a returning customer...

#9397 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

if I can't get a hold of you to purchase a simple part

Call them - 732-364-9900 ask for Shannan.

#9398 4 years ago

I'm on day 5 (business days) waiting for a call back on a monitor problem. I've always supported JJP and love some of the games they have created, but if customer support is lacking I'll think twice about my next purchase.

#9399 4 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

waiting for a call back on a monitor problem.

Sorry for the delay. Waiting on Steve to see which monitor is in your game, and what it needs. Or if it needs a new monitor.

If it needs a new monitor, Steve or Shannan can do that.

#9400 4 years ago

Is gouveia the only one making a monkey mod?
Any leads on another maker or place to get them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/188?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.