image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 306.
#9301 4 years ago

Excellent! Thank you very much fellas!

Cheers

#9302 4 years ago

#9303 4 years ago

So I guess I wasn't paying attention, but it seems that the ECLE WoZ reboot kludge added back in the mid-6.xx code to try to prevent the WoZ ECLE machines with >6.xx code from locking up in a 24/7 environment (it didn't work) is STILL in the code? I happened to catch a "maintenance reboot" countdown and forced reboot on location today with a machine running 7.02.

Question is, if the core problem that was locking up original ECLEs from 6.xx onward due to a kernel change has been FIXED (which is what was said), why is the code still force-rebooting 24/7 machines? I thought Iron Maiden was the only current pin still doing this lazy Microsoft-type workaround.

#9304 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought Iron Maiden was the only current pin still doing this lazy Microsoft-type workaround.

I hadn't heard about IMDN doing this but at the MSFT reference!

#9305 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hadn't heard about IMDN doing this but at the MSFT reference!

Yeah, early on Iron Maiden would lock up to a white screen (my guess is a memory leak). They couldn't seem to fix it, so they just forced a reboot every 24 hours (pretty sure it's once a day, but could be more) on 24/7 machines. As of the current release I've caught it rebooting live a few times, so it's still in there. Lazy, but that one I understand.

But the WoZ bug causing the lockups was supposed to have been fixed a number of versions ago, so why is the timed reboot code still in there?

Oh, and the Microsoft reboot comment is mostly due to the Ford cars (Edge, etc) with the Microsoft entertainment system that would crash and freak out car functions (a/c, radio, etc go crazy) and MS couldn't solve the code problem, so they just forced a reboot of the whole system every night when the car wasn't in use. Crazy. Ford stopped using their product pretty quickly.

#9306 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

6k is a very good deal, I don’t think I ever saw one sell for that cheap.

Thanks for advices of all people of the topic.
I've accepted the deal.
Now is waiting time, and also finding where I'll find a place to put it. (was in the momentum of selling to have more space in the game room...failed.. Again..)

If someone has an exemple of tubing that would fit (diameter in and out, length), that would be helpful

#9307 4 years ago

I’m currently on code version 6.06.
Is it worth me updating to the latest code. Is there anything glaringly obvious that makes it better.
I’ve never owned a modern machine so have never updated code before

#9308 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Is it worth me updating to the latest code. Is there anything glaringly obvious that makes it better.

No hurry. Stick with that code for awhile and wait. When the time comes maybe so the next update and patch. That version of the code works great.

#9309 4 years ago

I dont see a reason not to. It is really quick and easy.

#9310 4 years ago

Read the change log, see if any of it you'd like. jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - WOZ.

LTG : )

#9311 4 years ago

You're like 6 public releases behind. Definitely worth updating. These are the biggest reasons:

* Probably 8-10 hard crash bugs fixed over those updates and it'd suck to have one show up when you're having a great game.
* Fixed a TILT screen hard crash condition
* A fix for the winkie coil stuck on condition that can melt the coil was fixed somewhere along the way.
* Reserve play was added in the mid-6s which is great for multiplayer when some are not great players
* Quite a bit of speech and sound effects were added
* System can save settings and high scores between updates once you're current

7.02 is an ISO update that will bring you current.

#9312 4 years ago

So, after hearing lots of people complain about the dimness when switching to 2.0 lighting -- something I had kind of noticed before but didn't think it was that significant -- I decided to increase the LED strength to High in the settings to give it a try. I actually think it makes a big difference. It doesn't affect the GI, but the inserts do seem much more vibrant. I would definitely recommend doing it. As for the GI, it does appear to be a bit dimmer as well, but I don't play in total darkness so it doesn't bother me too much. Still, it would be nice to have a similar adjustment in the settings.

#9313 4 years ago

New in box emerald city LE with 2.0 light boards. Direct print cabinet and wood apron. $12500 plus shipping. PM if interested.

#9314 4 years ago

I want this to put over the cliffy

6F82766D-9C22-4DEC-9581-BCB06E50E7D1 (resized).jpeg6F82766D-9C22-4DEC-9581-BCB06E50E7D1 (resized).jpeg
#9315 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I want this to put over the cliffy[quoted image]

Really ? I find that thing to be horrendous.

#9316 4 years ago

Yeah probably lol. I haven’t even taken my RR out of the box yet. Can’t wait till tonight! In da club! It took me all week to read through this thread and I am super pumped to put some time on this game. Cliffy said it might be a few weeks but there is no way I can leave it in the box till then so I’m going to put some Mylar on the edge and play the crap out of her till then.

#9317 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, after hearing lots of people complain about the dimness when switching to 2.0 lighting -- something I had kind of noticed before but didn't think it was that significant -- I decided to increase the LED strength to High in the settings to give it a try. I actually think it makes a big difference. It doesn't affect the GI, but the inserts do seem much more vibrant. I would definitely recommend doing it. As for the GI, it does appear to be a bit dimmer as well, but I don't play in total darkness so it doesn't bother me too much. Still, it would be nice to have a similar adjustment in the settings.

The GI dim issue with 2.0 is real... definitely significant. I’m disappointed with the results... makes zero sense.

#9318 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The GI dim issue with 2.0 is real... definitely significant. I’m disappointed with the results... makes zero sense.

Yep.

#9319 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Definitely disappointing and frustrating . I had to take a break from working on WOZ after my 2.0 conversion so I wouldn’t grow to hate a great game from working on it too much all at once. Now I’m picking up the tools again and adding spotlights and trough lighting because the game needs SOMETHING functional for GI.

#9320 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I want this to put over the cliffy[quoted image]

Yeah, I think powdercoating that metal dark green so it suggests the ground the flowers are growing out of and also matches the ECLE powdercoating would look good.

#9321 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Definitely disappointing and frustrating . I had to take a break from working on WOZ after my 2.0 conversion so I wouldn’t grow to hate a great game from working on it too much all at once. Now I’m picking up the tools again and adding spotlights and trough lighting because the game needs SOMETHING functional for GI.

Utterly ridiculous that JJP is selling us an $800 fix (+ a significant investment in time) for their poorly designed system... and the end result is it doesn’t allow the game to present the way it was intended.

The 2.0 kit destroys the natural ambience the game presented with 5/7.5

Do new games running the 2.0 system ship this dim?

#9322 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Utterly ridiculous that JJP is selling us an $800 fix (+ a significant investment in time) for their poorly designed system... and the end result is it doesn’t allow the game to present the way it was intended.
The 2.0 kit destroys the natural ambience the game presented with 5/7.5
Do new games running the 2.0 system ship this dim?

Exaggerating. The 2.0 GI is a little dimmer, but WoZ was a dark game from day one. Whether you have 1.xx or 2.xx lighting buy a few spotlights, problem solved, move on. It's not the only pin with a dark playfield.

#9323 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exaggerating. The 2.0 GI is a little dimmer, but WoZ was a dark game from day one. Whether you have 1.xx or 2.xx lighting buy a few spotlights, problem solved, move on. It's not the only pin with a dark playfield.

Not an exaggeration. Pre-2.0 conversion, I was happy with the lighting (except for the fact that it was buggy as hell). Now I can’t see the ball well enough to play without pointing a light from the room at the machine.

#9324 4 years ago

I’ve only noticed a slight dimming, not to the extent that others seem to report after doing the 2.0 conversion. Are you guys sure your GI lights are all correctly centered on the tubes? I know I am off center on a few.

#9325 4 years ago

Not an exaggeration. Pre-2.0 conversion, I was happy with the lighting (except for the fact that it was buggy as hell). Now I can’t see the ball well enough to play without pointing a light from the room at the machine.

If you had that large of a difference, something was VERY different about your machine or you didn't center the GI leds on the tubes at install of the 2.0 kit. But in any case, buy a few spotlights, problem solved. Not worth bitching about. WoZ is not the only pin with a dark playfield.

#9326 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It’s not an exaggeration. If I had known this would be the result. I would have kept 7.5 and stocked up on key boards.

JJP has acknowledged so... they say they are looking into a software fix. But there are zero guarantees or promises.

#9327 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’ve only noticed a slight dimming, not to the extent that others seem to report after doing the 2.0 conversion. Are you guys sure your GI lights are all correctly centered on the tubes? I know I am off center on a few.

Yes

#9328 4 years ago

I agree.

Friends that have seen it agree also

#9329 4 years ago

We unboxed the RR WOZ last night and played her first 30 games. Wow as a game it does not disappoint and out of the box she is a beauty. The only issue on the playfield is a rubber on the small flipper has a defect and deep cut into it. No big deal. Going to order a replacement set anyways if you have any suggestions? After reading through this whole thread over the past couple weeks I have this initial perspective.

2.0 lighting set on high is just as amazing as the older versions that I played on location. Factory setting is medium and that was one of the first adjustments I made.

The witch in the tube has to go! What an ugly faced toy she is. Somebody mentioned the pope mobile and now I can’t get that out of my mind lol

JJ has put the manual on CD rom now instead of print. I hate this. I am sure I’m not alone in liking the pages to flip through. Who has a CD rom anymore anyways!

There is no way anyone in my house is going to melt the witch anytime soon. Our other game is a MBr and I haven’t got monsters of rock yet after 500 games but I feel like I am getting better and closer every day. This game is daunting. 5 flippers is one reason why I wanted her but man it really humbles me and where my skills are at. SWOTR is a myth.

I look forward to being active in this thread as we dial this incredible pin in and appreciate any and all help along the way. Cheers

#9330 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

The only issue on the playfield is a rubber on the small flipper has a defect and deep cut into it. No big deal. Going to order a replacement set anyways if you have any suggestions?

Titan silicone rubbers on all the flippers. You won’t regret it.

Quoted from Dashmonster:

JJ has put the manual on CD rom now instead of print. I hate this. I am sure I’m not alone in liking the pages to flip through. Who has a CD rom anymore anyways!

Did you buy new? I’m pretty sure you get a printed manual with it, but JJP may have to send it to you. Contact them.

Quoted from Dashmonster:

There is no way anyone in my house is going to melt the witch anytime soon.

You’ll do it eventually. When I played regularly, I got to the battle the witch mode a few times a month. I melted her 3-4 times a year. It is one of the greatest modes in pinball and enormously satisfying when you do it thanks to all of the lighting effects, use of assets on the screen and resulting victory mode.

#9331 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you had that large of a difference, something was VERY different about your machine or you didn't center the GI leds on the tubes at install of the 2.0 kit. But in any case, buy a few spotlights, problem solved. Not worth bitching about. WoZ is not the only pin with a dark playfield.

Not bitching - just stating my experience so that others who are faced with the choice of replacing defective original older boards or converting to 2.0 know that not all is well after the investment. More time and money will be needed. Nothing is amiss with my installation. I reviewed it via email and photos with JJP. They confirmed that it was correct and that their sample machine looked the same in terms of gi brightness. They also confirmed that gi brightness with the conversion is an issue that others have raised. They said they would ask their software people to look into it but didn’t promise anything. So again, I’m speaking up here because had I known about this when I was faced with the 2.0 conversion decision, I might have made a different decision.

#9332 4 years ago

Well this 2.0 lighting discussion is not very inspiring. Maybe JJP should offer a couple of spotlights in the kit. And for those that have purchased the kit (I have but have not installed), send those spot lights to all previous purchasers.

#9333 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

We unboxed the RR WOZ last night and played her first 30 games. Wow as a game it does not disappoint and out of the box she is a beauty. The only issue on the playfield is a rubber on the small flipper has a defect and deep cut into it. No big deal. Going to order a replacement set anyways if you have any suggestions? After reading through this whole thread over the past couple weeks I have this initial perspective.
2.0 lighting set on high is just as amazing as the older versions that I played on location. Factory setting is medium and that was one of the first adjustments I made.
The witch in the tube has to go! What an ugly faced toy she is. Somebody mentioned the pope mobile and now I can’t get that out of my mind lol
There is no way anyone in my house is going to melt the witch anytime soon. Our other game is a MBr and I haven’t got monsters of rock yet after 500 games but I feel like I am getting better and closer every day. This game is daunting. 5 flippers is one reason why I wanted her but man it really humbles me and where my skills are at. SWOTR is a myth.
I look forward to being active in this thread as we dial this incredible pin in and appreciate any and all help along the way. Cheers

Perfect play flipper rubbers.

We ran tests of all of the existing rubber and liked them the best over-all on WOZ.

#9334 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Well this 2.0 lighting discussion is not very inspiring. Maybe JJP should offer a couple of spotlights in the kit. And for those that have purchased the kit (I have but have not installed), send those spot lights to all previous purchasers.

Really, just a software fix is all that is needed.

GI brightness controls are not new.

#9335 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Really, just a software fix is all that is needed.
GI brightness controls are not new.

Sounds like a lot of people aren't too pleased with the current brightness. The game was always dark, so a few spotlights would be welcomed. To be clear, its not the cost of the spotlights but clear instructions of where to tie them into the 2.0 system would be welcomed. I wouldn't be too positive of a software fix, if it comes, to brighten the game up as much as a few spotlights would.
I'm still going to install 2.0 but less excited than before.

#9336 4 years ago

Not bitching - just stating my experience so that others who are faced with the choice of replacing defective original older boards or converting to 2.0 know that not all is well after the investment. More time and money will be needed. Nothing is amiss with my installation. I reviewed it via email and photos with JJP. They confirmed that it was correct and that their sample machine looked the same in terms of gi brightness. They also confirmed that gi brightness with the conversion is an issue that others have raised. They said they would ask their software people to look into it but didn’t promise anything. So again, I’m speaking up here because had I known about this when I was faced with the 2.0 conversion decision, I might have made a different decision.

I agree with this 100%. Nothing is amiss with install on my end either. For whatever reason, 2.0 on NIB games behaves differently than retro-fitted.

JJP knows it. I’m not holding my breath for a software fix.... and they basically said to buy aftermarket lighting, which I’d prefer not to do because I liked the original unfettered light show.

I talked to JJP fairly extensively - by phone - prior to dropping $800 on their kit. They never once mentioned that the GI would take a serious hit. They should have... because like this Pinsider, I likely would have altered my decision making.

#9337 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Sounds like a lot of people aren't too pleased with the current brightness. The game was always dark, so a few spotlights would be welcomed. To be clear, its not the cost of the spotlights but clear instructions of where to tie them into the 2.0 system would be welcomed. I wouldn't be too positive of a software fix, if it comes, to brighten the game up as much as a few spotlights would.
I'm still going to install 2.0 but less excited than before.

The main option for extra GI lighting is to tie into the other spotlights that came with the game. They are 12 volts.

#9338 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I agree with this 100%. Nothing is amiss with install on my end either. For whatever reason, 2.0 on NIB games behaves differently than retro-fitted.
JJP knows it. I’m not holding my breath for a software fix.... and they basically said to buy aftermarket lighting, which I’d prefer not to do because I liked the original unfettered light show.
I talked to JJP fairly extensively - by phone - prior to dropping $800 on their kit. They never once mentioned that the GI would take a serious hit. They should have... because like this Pinsider, I likely would have altered my decision making.

Adding 6-7 spot lights fixes it a lot.
2 on each sling, 2 under the tree, 1 over dorothy maybe.

Easy and fairly cheap $45-$50

Just use 12v bulbs.

Or buy an expensive kit. $130

I have them on my 7.5v game and it's pretty good.

I used purple LEDs. They bring out more colors in the game.

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Adding 6 spot lights fixes it a lot.
2 on each sling, 1 under the tree, 1 over dorothy.
Easy and fairly cheap $45-$50
Just use 12v bulbs.
Or buy an expensive kit. $130
I have them on my 7.5v game and it's pretty good.
I used purple LEDs. They bring out more colors in the game.

Where’d you source 12v bulbs

Can you shoot a few pics of your playfield?

#9340 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Where’d you source 12v bulbs
Can you shoot a few pics of your playfield?

Spotlights are cheap:

https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-accent-spotlight-assembly.html

Get some 1/2" or 5/8" or even 3/4" (they can be cut to length with a dremel) threaded both sides aluminum hex posts 6-32 or 8-32?

Check to be sure before you order.

Get a couple that have external threads on one side in case you want to screw them together.

Cheap thin speaker wire from home depot.

Marco usually has all the parts as well as pinball life.

#555 4 led 12v wedge socket leds:

https://www.cometpinball.com/search?q=12v
20191110_095548 (resized).jpg20191110_095548 (resized).jpg20191110_095559 (resized).jpg20191110_095559 (resized).jpg20191110_095618 (resized).jpg20191110_095618 (resized).jpg

#9341 4 years ago

I dont know what to think about widebodies anymore. Now that I have a standard body (TSPP) next to it, I realize the lower part of the playfield is way less active when the ball hits the slingshots. They move the ball sideways but it’s a very different feeling.

I tried setting the coils higher but it doesn’t change much.

Maybe I’ve spent so much time tuning WOZ after the 2.0 upgrade that I need to give it a rest and leave the game off for a while.

#9342 4 years ago

I've had Pinstadiums in mine for a long time so the diminished gi brightness wasn't an issue for me. Fully customizable and if you sell the game you could always pull them out and put them in another game if the new owner doesn't want to pay for them.

#9343 4 years ago

The optimus maximus 12 volt is great for spotlights in WOZ.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v

#9344 4 years ago

The only problem with your idea that 1.xx lighting is better is that they ALL will break eventually, and many sooner than later. 1.xx lighting is a flawed design, period, and yours would have broken, too. The GI lighting can be corrected (and 1.xx lighting was dark, too, just not as dark) with a few spotlights and 30 minutes of time, never to be an issue again. I put spotlights on mine 4 years ago when it had 1.xx and never looked back. The darker GI is a much smaller problem than broken 1.xx design that will fail or a darker playfield which is easily and relatively cheaply fixable.

#9345 4 years ago

I worked an extra couple of shifts - had a little $$ to spare and decided to go all out on Pinstadiums for the post 2.0 upgrade WoZ lighting issue. Boy am I not disappointed. delt31 was right - these things are amazing. It has totally rejuvenated my love for this game! Wife actually said, “wow, now that I can see it, I’m gonna get some mods from the mod couple.” (That’s a big deal here). Anyway, super happy with the new and improved. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Pic 1. Pinstadium off
Pic2. PinStadium with white on, brightness low
Pic 3. Pinstadiums on full white and bright (too bright for me)

E1072C23-E140-4A5D-91E6-38D9623BFA65 (resized).jpegE1072C23-E140-4A5D-91E6-38D9623BFA65 (resized).jpeg8D754EBC-78C1-4EB1-91E1-EB9E4A4E5360 (resized).jpeg8D754EBC-78C1-4EB1-91E1-EB9E4A4E5360 (resized).jpegD7365133-5712-4E63-AFAB-FFD2DB352547 (resized).jpegD7365133-5712-4E63-AFAB-FFD2DB352547 (resized).jpeg
#9346 4 years ago

Had a hell of a game this morning. Actually beat it and melted the witch. 1.5 million on the board. The game stopped and my flippers went dead. I watched the screen and it showed the wicked witch melting. It was super awesome and I’m beyond belief that I beat it. Now, waiting for my MMrRE. Haha! Good times, great game. Blew me
Away!

#9347 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Had a hell of a game this morning. Actually beat it and melted the witch. 1.5 million on the board. The game stopped and my flippers went dead. I watched the screen and it showed the wicked witch melting. It was super awesome and I’m beyond belief that I beat it. Now, waiting for my MMrRE. Haha! Good times, great game. Blew me
Away!

Yes it s so pleasent to do i love it ^^

#9348 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I worked an extra couple of shifts - had a little $$ to spare and decided to go all out on Pinstadiums for the post 2.0 upgrade WoZ lighting issue. Boy am I not disappointed. delt31 was right - these things are amazing. It has totally rejuvenated my love for this game! Wife actually said, “wow, now that I can see it, I’m gonna get some mods from the mod couple.” (That’s a big deal here). Anyway, super happy with the new and improved. Definitely worth the upgrade.
Pic 1. Pinstadium off
Pic2. PinStadium with white on, brightness low
Pic 3. Pinstadiums on full white and bright (too bright for me)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How is your game that dark stock?

Here’s my game with just a trough light and backboard light, $60. Your inserts look pretty washed out

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-rgb-backboard-with-single-color-trough-light-kit

DDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpegDDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpeg
#9349 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Your inserts look pretty washed out

Hi Lermods, could you explain more what you mean by this? PM me if want to. Oh, and the mushroom land mod on Wonka is a nice addition! Thanks.

#9350 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm just curious... what would it take for you to NOT defend JJP? You have a company that's admitted their boards have a design defect... they then charge customers for the replacement boards and expect them to spend a ton of time to install them.

After ALL of that people are reporting the color is not as bright and you're going to tell them to stop bitching? You can't be serious. A better response would be sorry to hear - that's a ton of effort..... Little compassion would be nice....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/187?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.