767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 306.
#8951 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

My god this video was a lifesaver, and cheers to my wife for finding it while I was in the gameroom cursing up a storm trying to figure out how to simply change out a broken upper slingshot rubber without taking Munchkinland off entirely. I'm sure this is elsewhere in this thread, but just putting it here in case a new WOZ owner (or someone who hasn't had to change the upper slingshot rubber before) runs into this issue.

But of course, every time the playfield goes up/out, it's a 50/50 chance the voice part of the audio gets knocked out, and it did again. Tried to crimp the white RCA plug to fit tighter on the sleeve, didn't fix it. Who knows. My Jersey Jack luck has been terrible this week. Multiple failing mechs on a brand new August built Wonka, this rubber on WOZ breaks in the middle of a game and at first looked like an hours-long project just to change it, I fix that but then the voice audio dies, I'm afraid to turn my Hobbit on lest it go up in flames. And not those really cool game over flames, either.

Maybe just replace the audio cables if they are flakey, I did.

#8952 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe just replace the audio cables if they are flakey, I did.

Yep, one of my thoughts as well. I'll try that first since it worked for you. Often those thick RCA cables work themselves out of the plugs in all sorts of equipment because they don't have a lot of flex. Just saving my "fix WOZ audio" deal for a rainy day. After a week spent fixing/tinkering/testing rather than playing, just want to pour some drinks and play this weekend.

#8953 4 years ago

For those of you that don't read Gouviea's WOZ Witch and Monkey mod thread regularly, he just announced that his 3rd WOZ mod is coming (no idea what it is yet). But with how amazing his first 2 are, and the fact that they are both done and there is a HUGE list of people still wanting them, you may want to get over to the thread and keep an eye on it!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/52#post-5227495

#8954 4 years ago

Does anyone have pics on how to hook up pinstadium to WOZ?

#8955 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't be. Time consuming, yes. Hard, no. If you can cut out an old wire or turn a screw. You'll be fine. If you ever changed a LED board in your game, you'll be better than fine.
If need be. Take a break. Don't forge ahead no matter what. That is how you F stuff up.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd ! You might hear from me (or not !)

#8956 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/#1519802076839-367a5f23-f38f

Scroll down. Click on step 1, step 2, step 3, etc. Pretty simple.

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here is a video i made for RRWOZ if that helps.

#8958 4 years ago

Have a new problem with my woz rr. On every new ball, the trough is ejecting two balls. Once one of the balls drains during play after the ball save is over, the machine thinks that play is over and acts like that first ball is over (i.e. gives bonus, flippers stop, etc) and moves on to the next the ball. My guess is there must be a sensor issue that thinks that a ball has not been ejected and ejects another ball. I looked underneath the playfield and everything looked okay in terms of wires. Thanks for the help.

#8959 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Have a new problem with my woz rr. On every new ball, the trough is ejecting two balls. Once one of the balls drains during play after the ball save is over, the machine thinks that play is over and acts like that first ball is over (i.e. gives bonus, flippers stop, etc) and moves on to the next the ball. My guess is there must be a sensor issue that thinks that a ball has not been ejected and ejects another ball. I looked underneath the playfield and everything looked okay in terms of wires. Thanks for the help.

Shooter lane switch needs adjusting, repair, replacement etc...

#8960 4 years ago

Shooter lane switch needs adjusting, repair, replacement etc...

I already fixed it but thanks for the help. Somehow there were 6 balls in there but I haven't put in any new balls in a month or two. Really crazy. When I did a winkie guard mod a month ago i replaced all 5 balls. I remember when I went to throw out the old balls I could only find four and I thought I was losing my mind. I think my 5 year old daughter must have placed a ball in the machine somewhere not in play when I wasn't looking and all of the sudden it came into play today after a month or two. That is the only thing that makes sense, but I don't know where it would hide all this time. I think the wicked witch had something to do with it.

#8961 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I already fixed it but thanks for the help. Somehow there were 6 balls in there but I haven't put in any new balls in a month or two. Really crazy. When I did a winkie guard mod a month ago i replaced all 5 balls. I remember when I went to throw out the old balls I could only find four and I thought I was losing my mind. I think my 5 year old daughter must have placed a ball in the machine somewhere not in play when I wasn't looking and all of the sudden it came into play today after a month or two. That is the only thing that makes sense, but I don't know where it would hide all this time. I think the wicked witch had something to do with it.

Sometimes s ball will hide behind the monkey in the square metal area behind the backboard.

They roll in there if you raise the playfield while a ball is captive.

#8962 4 years ago

Is it woth to sell a std woz (everything works) and get a ruby red with low plays ?
O love WOz and there will allways be one in my collection, but the yellow brick is not for me

#8963 4 years ago

If you had a standard WOZ with stainless rails/bar/legs, what color would you choose to powder coat it? (If you did). It seems the obvious choices are ruby red sparkle, emerald green sparkle or yellow-gold. It’s probably just a matter of personal choice, but I’m just wondering what you guys think. I have a new powder coat company I’m going to try. They can do any color.

#8964 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Is it woth to sell a std woz (everything works) and get a ruby red with low plays ?
O love WOz and there will allways be one in my collection, but the yellow brick is not for me

I wouldnt myself due to the cost difference.

#8965 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

For those of you that don't read Gouviea's WOZ Witch and Monkey mod thread regularly, he just announced that his 3rd WOZ mod is coming (no idea what it is yet). But with how amazing his first 2 are, and the fact that they are both done and there is a HUGE list of people still wanting them, you may want to get over to the thread and keep an eye on it!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/52#post-5227495

Lol, you guys are insane. I would never pay $200 bucks for that. Its cool and all, but no thanks!

#8966 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, you guys are insane. I would never pay $200 bucks for that. Its cool and all, but no thanks!

Pinballgoddess was not impressed by it.

So the $200 goes towards a shaker motor for her Doctor Who instead.

#8967 4 years ago

pinballgoddess was not impressed by it.
Do the $200 goes towards a shaker motor for her Doctor Who instead.

I believe you can get them for less that $200...

#8968 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I believe you can get them for less that $200...

I'm getting the pinsound one.

$189+shipping

#8969 4 years ago

I'm getting the pinsound one.
$189+shipping

yea, the ones I was looking at are for newer machines I believe from Pinballlife.com.

Regardless, yes, shakers are needed!

#8970 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is that really $200? Or are you talking about the witch mod?

#8971 4 years ago

So I'm about to start (as in today), the 2.0 upgrade, I've read the (well put) installation guide a couple times, I'm not too worried about doing the job now, except the drilling part but it is a good idea to put some tape on the drill bit.

I have a question regarding cutting the wire connectors, it looks like the only reason is to avoid cutting too many wire ties. But since I'm hoping to keep my 1.0 lightning kit complete, I'm wondering if it's not better to cut the wire tie, remove the wire, and put back another wire tie right away. I see it easier than having to put back every single connector once the job is done.

Any advice ?

#8972 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So I'm about to start (as in today), the 2.0 upgrade, I've read the (well put) installation guide a couple times, I'm not too worried about doing the job now, except the drilling part but it is a good idea to put some tape on the drill bit.
I have a question regarding cutting the wire connectors, it looks like the only reason is to avoid cutting too many wire ties. But since I'm hoping to keep my 1.0 lightning kit complete, I'm wondering if it's not better to cut the wire tie, remove the wire, and put back another wire tie right away. I see it easier than having to put back every single connector once the job is done.
Any advice ?

Put one of these on the 1/16" drill bit, way better than tape:

https://www.motionrc.com/products/dubro-dura-collars-1-16-4-pack

#8973 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Any advice ?

Save as much of the old wiring as you like. Not much more work.

#8974 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is that really $200? Or are you talking about the witch mod?

No, its really $200.. $189 plus shipping.

#8975 4 years ago

Do you guys wax underneath the upper playfields? And if so, how do you do that? Seems almost impossible unless you remove them, and thats a PITA.

#8976 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Seems almost impossible unless you remove them,

Remove them. Instructions are in the manual. Not that bad, castle one takes a little time the first time. Then you have good access for cleaning, waxing, inspecting or replacing rubber rings.

If you need the instructions, you can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - WOZ.

#8977 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do you guys wax underneath the upper playfields? And if so, how do you do that? Seems almost impossible unless you remove them, and thats a PITA.

Cleaning WOZ is pretty easy.

Vacuum out hard to reach places with a micro adapter kit.

I use a mist n shine dampened flannel cloth pushed through the alleys with a wooden spoon handle. Rolled up paper towel also works.

Followed by a dry one.

Keeping it clean is more important than wax.

#8978 4 years ago

Installing the 2.0 kit has been fairly smooth so far, I’m actually even enjoying it !

I removed the old wires and harness and installed all the big boards, today I’m starting to drill.
My 5 years old son has been helping me on the way, I got him to cut the connectors (and hid the cutting pliers right after in case he woke up early this morning and felt like « helping » me more.

The instructions are super clear and they don’t show just what to do but also what not to do, some of the don’t wouldn’t have hit my mind for a second so kudos to everyone who wrote these instructions.

#8979 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

(and hid the cutting pliers right after in case he woke up early this morning and felt like « helping » me more.

You are a very wise person!

#8980 4 years ago

I have a (minor) problem installing the 2.0 kit. I’m at mounting the BAG board on the bracket. The instructions says to tighten firmly the board but I cant because of the big white connector at the bottom, the solder parts are too long.
Do I need to get some spacers or do I need to mount it on the other side that has spacers ?

6FA01AA3-BF56-447A-B980-D48AAB4F16D4 (resized).jpeg6FA01AA3-BF56-447A-B980-D48AAB4F16D4 (resized).jpegAF6A557E-2686-423E-8724-43738092D202 (resized).jpegAF6A557E-2686-423E-8724-43738092D202 (resized).jpeg
#8981 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have a (minor) problem installing the 2.0 kit. I’m at mounting the BAG board on the bracket. The instructions says to tighten firmly the board but I cant because of the big white connector at the bottom, the solder parts are too long.
Do I need to get some spacers or do I need to mount it on the other side that has spacers ?[quoted image][quoted image]

You absolutely need spacers. The instructions show nylon spacers for each screw attaching the board to the bracket. Page 2 of the packing list also clearly shows that board with the spacers already attached to it.

Fortunately, I'm sure Ace Hardware will have something that will work for less than a buck total tomorrow.

(Click on the image below to see the full packing list PDF)
WOZ 2_0 Lighting Upgrade Kit Packing List.pdfWOZ 2_0 Lighting Upgrade Kit Packing List.pdf

#8982 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You absolutely need spacers. The instructions show nylon spacers for each screw attaching the board to the bracket. Page 2 of the packing list also clearly shows that board with the spacers already attached to it.
Fortunately, I'm sure Ace Hardware will have something that will work for less than a buck total tomorrow.
(Click on the image below to see the full packing list PDF)
[quoted image]

I don’t have these spacers on my board, Ill go get some. Thanks !

#8983 4 years ago

Found myself some spacers !

87EF1A05-F39B-4DC4-A622-2243BED01891 (resized).jpeg87EF1A05-F39B-4DC4-A622-2243BED01891 (resized).jpeg
#8984 4 years ago

The moment I realize I need a break.
My power supply doesnt have the short wire between -V and GND, so I was about to take my car and go back to the hardware store, slightly cursing on myself for another ride.

I went to get my keys on the table and saw this....

A0809F0C-7932-40CB-9BAA-841FBAA28BFB (resized).jpegA0809F0C-7932-40CB-9BAA-841FBAA28BFB (resized).jpeg
#8985 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My power supply doesnt have the short wire between -V and GND, so I was about to take my car and go back to the hardware store, slightly cursing on myself for another ride.
I went to get my keys on the table and saw this....[quoted image]

That is quite the task! Wow.

#8986 4 years ago

Cleaning WOZ is pretty easy.
Vacuum out hard to reach places with a micro adapter kit.
I use a mist n shine dampened flannel cloth pushed through the alleys with a wooden spoon handle. Rolled up paper towel also works.
Followed by a dry one.
Keeping it clean is more important than wax.

I have thought about wrapping microfiber around something like a wooden spoon but didnt think it would fit through due to the turns under both playfields. Guess I will be giving that a shot in future.

#8987 4 years ago

I need help again, Im plugging the new power supply, I don’t understand where to plug the power wires.

Instructions say to plug it where the blk-vio was plugged but the new cable has a female connector where the one I removed had a male connector.

908365A3-4498-4A3C-9A51-89BD586B0163 (resized).jpeg908365A3-4498-4A3C-9A51-89BD586B0163 (resized).jpeg
#8988 4 years ago

Nevermind, I found it

#8989 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Nevermind, I found it

Just reading your updates I'm shaking my head saying wow jjp wtf. Who wants to spend time on this. Such a shame.

Good luck though looks like you're getting through and almost done

#8990 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just reading your updates I'm shaking my head saying wow jjp wtf. Who wants to spend time on this. Such a shame.

I have mixed feelings about it. Yes it’s unfortunate that I have to do that and quite frankly if I could have avoided it I would have.

But I’m thankful that JJP came with a definitive fix for that problem, it’s not that common in many industries.
The kit is expensive but you get a lot for the money, I doubt they earn a dime on it, they might even lose some, and the kit is super well put, everything comes well together. I’ve built some diy electronic kits before it was way less smooth.

And in the end, although I’m not done it’s surely the best pinball maintenance bootcamp I’ve ever been through, I’ll be able to take care of my pinball from now on (Provided that it doesnt burn when I turn it on but we shall see that tomorrow !)

#8991 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I went to get my keys on the table and saw this....[quoted image]

Yeah, that's exactly where the jumper sire for mine came from.

new_power_supply_wiring (resized).jpgnew_power_supply_wiring (resized).jpg
#8992 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you're into electronics, it's actually not that bad, and if you're NOT into electronics, you might be by the time you get done. The instructions are well-written enough that pretty much anyone can do this now. Totally worth it.

#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And in the end, although I’m not done it’s surely the best pinball maintenance bootcamp I’ve ever been through

I agree with this sentiment. Having been through this ordeal, it was a fantastic learning experience.

Quoted from delt31:

Just reading your updates I'm shaking my head saying wow jjp wtf. Who wants to spend time on this. Such a shame

I can also see Delt’s point here. It was very time consuming. I guess if anyone reading this is still on the fence about doing the project, just know it’ll take a lot of time (if you’ve not tackled something like this before. Something like a week of after work hours and an entire weekend) and patience. In the end, you get a machine that works without issues and the pride of having accomplished a fairly daunting task (for those of us non-technical people).

#8994 4 years ago

Anyone have or know where I can get an extra Winkie Drop Target decal? Mine was scrapping on a lip and while i was able to fix it with some clear tape, want to fix it for good.

#8995 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have or know where I can get an extra Winkie Drop Target decal? Mine was scrapping on a lip and while i was able to fix it with some clear tape, want to fix it for good.

I always have to slice off about 3/16" off the bottom of the drop target decals to keep them from bunching up.

The goody bag might have a spare, mine did.

#8996 4 years ago

I always have to slice off about 3/16" off the bottom of the drop target decals to keep them from bunching up.
The goody bag might have a spare, mine did.

Yes, that exactly what happened. The clear tape seemed to fix it but...

Ahhh yes, I forgot about the goodie bag. I will have to check that. Good idea..

#8997 4 years ago

Can someone tell me the size of the metal screws that hold the castle playfield to the metal poles ?

When removing it last night I realized it was missing one screw

#8998 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Can someone tell me the size of the metal screws that hold the castle playfield to the metal poles ?

When removing it last night I realized it was missing one screw

Take one out and hit the hardware store to see what works. Probably 8/32nds.

I wouldn't worry about it. Many were minus a screw or two and still work fine.

#8999 4 years ago

Just received an RR #708. Yea!

Now I cannot figure out how to get any of the Device Tests to run. I can navigate to the device tests menu. I can change between tests, but none of the tests will run. I have tried them with the door closed and with the safety interlock pulled out. Nothing seems to make the test run. Manual does not work. Auto does not work.

What am I doing wrong? The manual does not mention how to activate the tests.

Thanks

#9000 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Just received an RR #708. Yea!
Now I cannot figure out how to get any of the Device Tests to run. I can navigate to the device tests menu. I can change between tests, but none of the tests will run. I have tried them with the door closed and with the safety interlock pulled out. Nothing seems to make the test run. Manual does not work. Auto does not work.
What am I doing wrong? The manual does not mention how to activate the tests.
Thanks

Press the "start" button to run the tests.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/180?hl=mnluz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.