767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 306.
#851 8 years ago

Well I'm officially in the club. I have to say I'm totally impressed with the construction of this machine. The attention to detail is awesome.Gary over at Abel was just great to work with.sent me a tracking number in less than 24 hours the machine was in my possession. Now I have to learn the ruleset ,wow there's a lot to do on this thing. One of the things I enjoy about Wizard of Oz is that my non-pinball friends enjoy it just as much. Thanks again Gary and Jack.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg image-229.jpgimage-229.jpg
#852 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Well I'm officially in the club. I have to say I'm totally impressed with the construction of this machine. The attention to detail is awesome.Gary over at Abel was just great to work with.sent me a tracking number in less than 24 hours the machine was in my possession. Now I have to learn the ruleset ,wow there's a lot to do on this thing. One of the things I enjoy about Wizard of Oz is that my non-pinball friends enjoy it just as much. Thanks again Gary and Jack.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-158.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-229.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

congrats great game!. is the cab decaled?

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

is the cab decaled?

Yes, This was just built on the 5th

#854 8 years ago

Had HFMB ready to go to stack with EC and CBLO and for the life of me couldn't get it to settle behind the pops. Had to have hit it in the nest a dozen times. NOOOOO!!!!

Really enjoying the game recently.

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had HFMB ready to go to stack with EC and CBLO and for the life of me couldn't get it to settle behind the pops. Had to have hit it in the nest a dozen times. NOOOOO!!!!

Hold the flippers to kill pops when Haunted modes are ready? I assume it still works in multiball.

#856 8 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Hold the flippers to kill pops when Haunted modes are ready? I assume it still works in multiball.

Was doing that whenever I could and just couldn't get one to settle. Sooooo close!!

#857 8 years ago

Had 8 9yr olds over for a sleepover last night and WOZ was a hit.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#858 8 years ago

Love hearing how children and young ones often love WOZ! I've heard that so many times and even though some were lukewarm on the theme, I think it was a great choice by JJP and has attracted some non traditional people to pinball. My mother-in-law when visiting likes it and so do many kids and even teens and adults who have come to our house. Most also like MM and the first time or 2 they have a castle explode is awesome to watch their reaction. Stern has made many terrific games and no Stern bashing from me here as I do think Stern has many positives. However, some of their themes including old rock bands, WWE, and others vastly adult oriented themes aren't great for non pinheads. However to be fair POTC, IM, Star Trek, SM, LOTR etc, etc. were certainly good choices for the non Pinheads as well as for those of us into this as a hobby and passion.
Personally I love the theme of WOZ and think it's a terrific pin! I'm also looking real forward to seeing TH and Pat Lawlor's games being released. Go JJP and thanks for bringing many great things and creativity to pinball!

#859 8 years ago

I had to sell my WOZ because my family lost interest in it (although for a while, the family was more interested in it than any other pinball machine I have had in the house). After experiencing the oceanic depth of the WOZ ruleset, other machines feel like a lukewarm puddle.

1 week later
#860 8 years ago

I can't believe it, I finally meted the witch, still in shock what a experience. I was shooting video after I did it,my wife was out so I left a lot of points on the table (shooting the video) . It came out of nowhere ended up my highest game just under 500,000. I only got to this point once and bombed out, I have it set 3 balls & eb at 140,000, I earned another one or two eb's along the way. Just wish I wasn't alone, yesterday many over for Fathers Day.

#861 8 years ago

Had four kids from the neighborhood over this weekend, and they strongly preferred WOZ over the other pins. Their reaction to pinball, the first they'd ever played, encouraged their folks to buy a pin, though not a WOZ (a Gottlieb Big House, which is a great starter pin for a family with young children). I warned them that it most definitely would not be their last!

#862 8 years ago

I was doing some testing on my game and making a video of it, and I freaked out because I thought I found a bug. The witch did a double countdown. It was at 600, and when I finished the hurry up it scored 1800 on the screen. Thank goodness I actually watched the video! After almost 2 years I didn't even realize Glinda could restart the witch hurry up count down.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Lastly, what is the difference between and LE (that people are dumping, but I can't find.)... and a Standard...

Compared to a Standard, an LE:
1) Has a different topper
2) Has a wooden apron
3) Has the emerald green armor and habitrails (instead of chrome)
4) Has a standard shaker motor, although this can be added as an option on the Standard
5) Has standard Invisiglass, although this can be added as an option on the Standard

In summary, all the differences are cosmetic except for the shaker motor, which can be added.

I believe at one point in the past you could find an EE for $6500. But those days are over now that the new pricing has been in effect for a while, unless you settle for a well routed machine.

1 week later
#864 8 years ago

What's the difference between Ruby Red edition and 75th anniversary edition and the ECLE? is any one considered the best?

#865 8 years ago

The game play is identical in all versions. The only differences are with appearance and options such as a shaker motor and Invisiglass.

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

What's the difference between Ruby Red edition and 75th anniversary edition and the ECLE? is any one considered the best?

Ruby Red IS the 75th version. It has red armor, habitrails, cab hardware. It also has the extra castle walls, tornado, toto, lollipop targets, and 75th topper featuring the characters (all these can be bought separately for other versions). The cabinet is decaled. It's unlimited.

The ECLE has green armor, habitrails, and cab hardware. It also has the wood apron signed by the designers and a dual color LED lit plexiglass topper of the wizard head w/flames. The cabinet for it is direct print clearcoated and is spectacular. It's limited to 1000 games.

Both have shaker. I think only the ECLE comes with Invisiglass but that can be added to Ruby Red.

I think the ECLE is easily the best version, but it's only one opinion. I just don't like the red look.

#867 8 years ago

Is the wood apron hand signed or facsimiles

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is the wood apron hand signed or facsimiles

Hand signed.

#869 8 years ago

doesn't look hand signed to me.

Looks like JJP scanned each signature and added those to the apron artwork.

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

doesn't look hand signed to me.
Looks like JJP scanned each signature and added those to the apron artwork.

As Indypinhead said, it is printed. But if they all want to come to my house to sign it, there is beer in the fridge, chips in the cupboard, the best pizza shop in America 2 miles away, and plenty of fun to be had. In fact Keith can show me how to finish Rescue Multiball after he signs it

#871 8 years ago

No they're printed. But those certificates... THOSE are hand-signed.

Still in recovery.

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No they're printed. But those certificates... THOSE are hand-signed.
Still in recovery.

Ah, gotcha, sorry for the misinformation guys.

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ruby Red IS the 75th version. It has red armor, habitrails, cab hardware. It also has the extra castle walls, tornado, toto, lollipop targets, and 75th topper featuring the characters (all these can be bought separately for other versions). The cabinet is decaled. It's unlimited.
The ECLE has green armor, habitrails, and cab hardware. It also has the wood apron signed by the designers and a dual color LED lit plexiglass topper of the wizard head w/flames. The cabinet for it is direct print clearcoated and is spectacular. It's limited to 1000 games.
Both have shaker. I think only the ECLE comes with Invisiglass but that can be added to Ruby Red.
I think the ECLE is easily the best version, but it's only one opinion. I just don't like the red look.

I have a ruby 75th, it's #339 of 1000... So, they're not unlimited

#874 8 years ago

I had a 1.2million score the other day for grand champion... Stacking multiball a and having great time with out losing them... Didn't even beat the game. My prior highest was 600k ish

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have a ruby 75th, it's #339 of 1000... So, they're not unlimited

It started as a 1500 "limited" run, but that changed to unlimited. Don't sweat it...the ECLE was going to be the only LE too.

#876 8 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the lock playback showing the three characters locked in the balls? When my ball was over it would not let me re lock the characters to restart ECMB and the lock insert was frozen red. I posted on the JJP forum as well.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Anyone else have an issue with the lock playback showing the three characters locked in the balls? When my ball was over it would not let me re lock the characters to restart ECMB and the lock insert was frozen red. I posted on the JJP forum as well.image.jpg image.jpg

That sounds like a CPU error, or less likely a software glitch. I have never had that happen.
I assume if you hit the ramp shot the ball would not lock?

After reading your description in the WOZ group that the lock insert stayed red for another game that makes me think it could be a light board problem ( from memory I think that is W6), but typically the rest of the lights would also not be functioning if that was the case since W6 is first in the chain. I guess I then go back to the software or CPU error.

1 month later
#878 8 years ago

Gotta say, my second time melting the which was much more clear. That whole lock one ball in the castle VUK hole and shoot the ramp that drops into munchkin house to upper right flipper for the kill shot move is pretty sweat.

#879 8 years ago

Hell yeah man! I just melted the witch about 10 minutes ago. SO satisfying!!! Gotta love this game!

#880 8 years ago

Melting the witch is possibly one of the most adrenaline inducing moments I can recall in pinball. You could probably make the castle shot and the ramp shot all day long, but when the when it is time to melt the witch, you lock a ball in the castle VUK and the music changes to those tense and rising notes, the ramp entrance suddenly seems very narrow.

It's an excellent example of rules, lights, and music conspiring to make the player a sweaty nervous wreck. If you make the shot, the ensuing release of tension is that much greater.

#881 8 years ago

KJ and team have made this such an amazing game. Can't wait for the new code.

#882 8 years ago

Just received my WOZ last week & wondering what you guys have found to be the best settings for this game? Any insight would be appreciated.

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

KJ and team have made this such an amazing game. Can't wait for the new code.

Is there new code coming?

#884 8 years ago

Yes

#885 8 years ago

I know I've seen new code mentioned before, but I honestly can't think of anything that I could ask for. The software is what makes WOZ great.

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I know I've seen new code mentioned before, but I honestly can't think of anything that I could ask for. The software is what makes WOZ great.

Fixing the ball saver to allow for settling into the trough is coming.

There is also something about the crystal ball being prompted to react quicker I believe.
Keith posted the preliminary code notes on the WOZ google group a few days ago.

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The new updates are polish

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Keith posted the preliminary code notes on the WOZ google group a few days ago.

Holy crap! You're not kidding!
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jersey-jack-pinball-woz/_AjUARbpPhI

HOADC extra ball.

You mean I can't ignore the horses any more? I know with current code you can get big points using it with Munchkin modes, but an extra ball seems much more valuable.

#889 8 years ago

Just FYI: Non-members of the private user group won't be able to view that, and I don't think Keith wants it posted until it is released. I'm not speaking for him, just making an educated guess.

#890 8 years ago

Call me Aurich, but this private public info is

#891 8 years ago

only you guys would understand my excitement. Ive had the game 5 days, had it on 3 balls, easy setting. had RM going, completed ecmb, and 2x scoring going, and melted witch. My high score was 700k now it jumped up 1.3mill. I was pumped.

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Call me Aurich, but this private public info is

Roll your eyes as much as you want, and do whatever you want Aurich. Like I said, that was my opinion.

#893 8 years ago

Sorry, I didn't mean it toward you; more toward JJP or anyone who posts something to a forum that may as well be public, then complains when the info gets shared further.

#894 8 years ago

So are there 3 versions of WOZ, ECLE, PRO and RRLE?

#895 8 years ago

So are there 3 versions of WOZ, ECLE, PRO and RRLE?

Yes. Standard, ECLE, and Ruby Red. There are 2 different standard versions though. Originals with clear coated cabinet and old light boards, and new version with decals and newer light boards.

#896 8 years ago

Unboxed mine yesterday!

IMG_20150818_183302.jpgIMG_20150818_183302.jpg

#897 8 years ago

IMG_20150818_183647.jpgIMG_20150818_183647.jpg

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes. Standard, ECLE, and Ruby Red. There are 2 different standard versions though. Originals with clear coated cabinet and old light boards, and new version with decals and newer light boards.

I am about to buy a standard for $8250 CAN but I think it is the old standard. Do you think its a smart move or should I spend a bit more to get a ECLE? Does the old standard have "problems" that I need to be aware of and does it have green armor and rails?

#900 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

» YouTube video

Cool video!

I am about to buy a standard for $8250 CAN but I think it is the old standard. Do you think its a smart move or should I spend a bit more to get a ECLE? Does the old standard have "problems" that I need to be aware of and does it have green armor and rails?

The standard does not have green armor. Only the Emerald City Limited Edition has the green.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.