BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 305.
#8751 4 years ago

Where does the other end of this cable go? It goes to this long board, thru the wire harness to the back.

received_560176394520560 (resized).jpegreceived_560176394520560 (resized).jpeg
#8752 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Where does the other end of this cable go? It goes to this long board, thru the wire harness to the back.

According to page D-138 and page D-141 J802 is the RGB LED Control.

It goes to WOZ LED 6 ( W6 the scarecrow board )

LTG : )

#8753 4 years ago

Hope to join club soon. Can anyone tell me
if the new run of RR suppose taking place this year have the monkey mech? I assume no
as much discussion on the YBR will not.

#8754 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

if the new run of RR suppose taking place this year have the monkey mech? I assume no

We don't know, but the assumption is no because they're using cabs that don't have the extra room needed for the mech. I *hope* it does have it like the other RR ones because removing that sucks for new buyers. It's a neat feature.

#8755 4 years ago

New RR are you sure?

#8756 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rick probably just asked them to stop.

Out of curiosity, who is Rick?

#8757 4 years ago

I've said it before, I don't think they will run more unless they never completed the 1500. It says it right on JJP website "Limited to 1500 units"
If he makes more than 1500 he would be opening himself up to a lawsuit. The only way to make more is to make a change to the run such as he did with the YBR version.

#8758 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Out of curiosity, who is Rick?

Rick Bartlett owner of Planetary Pinball and all or most of the Bally/Williams rights.

#8759 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Rick Bartlett owner of Planetary Pinball and all or most of the Bally/Williams rights.

Ah, thank you.

#8760 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We don't know, but the assumption is no because they're using cabs that don't have the extra room needed for the mech. I *hope* it does have it like the other RR ones because removing that sucks for new buyers. It's a neat feature.

Yes makes perfect sense. Earlier this year I inquired with PinballStar with their ad here
on another run being planned this year. I did ask via email about the mech being included in this
new run but did not hear back with answer. ? Now with YBR in the works I can assume no
as you mentioned the new cabs now. Thanks!

#8761 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I've said it before, I don't think they will run more unless they never completed the 1500. It says it right on JJP website "Limited to 1500 units"
If he makes more than 1500 he would be opening himself up to a lawsuit. The only way to make more is to make a change to the run such as he did with the YBR version.

Thanks.

Yes does seem they are not at 1500 yet. My inquiry with PinballStar earlier this year stated they were running RR again this year. But who knows with the “Limited” thing. The RR is such a beauty!

#8762 4 years ago

I think a black wicked witch WOZ version is next.

Focusing on flying monkeys, the wicked witch and weaponized tin man, scarecrow and lion.

#8763 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think a black wicked witch WOZ version is next.
Focusing on flying monkeys, the wicked witch and weaponized tin man, scarecrow and lion.

A black version with new "dark side" art on the cabinet, a new great topper design, and black sparkle armor with neon green accents would be amazing, especially if they direct printed the cabs again. Not gonna happen, but it would be amazing.

#8764 4 years ago

I was told by a distributor that the new RRs will not have the Monkey Mech...

#8765 4 years ago

if anybody wants to create a monkey mech mod......

#8766 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is it documented anywhere as to what the differences are between the Emerald version and the Green (Automated) version. I know the Emerald has the wooden apron and the Green has the 2.0 Light boards as well as a decal cabinet. What other differences are there?

I have a green edition. I believe the only differences are the apron and the topper. It comes with the standard topper. Mine also came with the 2.0 boards that were installed after production by JJP.

#8767 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have a green edition. I believe the only differences are the apron and the topper. It comes with the standard topper. Mine also came with the 2.0 boards that were installed after production by JJP.

Thanks Rager170! Looking for someone interested in trading their WoZ for Houdini + cash. Had someone with a Green Edition interested, hence the question, but they decided to sell their machine outright so I am still in the hunt.

#8768 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was told by a distributor that the new RRs will not have the Monkey Mech...

Thanks.

#8769 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks Rager170! Looking for someone interested in trading their WoZ for Houdini + cash. Had someone with a Green Edition interested, hence the question, but they decided to sell their machine outright so I am still in the hunt.

ahhh gotcha. Well if it comes up again, the Green Edition has been great!

#8770 4 years ago

Is there a way to end a crystal ball mode without lose a ball? And continue normal game with these two balls?

#8771 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

Is there a way to end a crystal ball mode without lose a ball? And continue normal game with these two balls?

No.

#8772 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

Those modes are two ball multiballs that go on until one of the balls is lost.

#8773 4 years ago

Interested in purchasing a WOZ in the future.

Does anyone know of a breakout of the years and names/models of the WOZ’s that have been produced?

My searching online has only led to confusing answers and I cannot seem to find the information anywhere.

Thanks to those that respond.

#8774 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Interested in purchasing a WOZ in the future.
Does anyone know of a breakout of the years and names/models of the WOZ’s that have been produced?
My searching online has only led to confusing answers and I cannot seem to find the information anywhere.
Thanks to those that respond.

Not sure of everything but will start it out with .....

Emerald Edition
Standard
Green Edition
Aussie Edition
75th Anniversary
Yellow Brick

#8775 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not sure of everything but will start it out with .....
Emerald Edition
Standard
Green Edition
Aussie Edition
75th Anniversary
Yellow Brick

Would the Aussie edition only be available in Australia?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8776 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:Would the Aussie edition only be available in Australia?

Right, if memory serves me correct there were only like 79 of them made as a result of a dist. gone awry (I believe it was called Bumpers). You can search Pinside for the full info. In short the Emerald version was to be only 1000 but the AULE being made added 79 more Emerald, they are the same game, to the total.

#8777 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Right, if memory serves me correct there were only like 79 of them made as a result of a dist. gone awry (I believe it was called Bumpers). You can search Pinside for the full info. In short the Emerald version was to be only 1000 but the AULE being made added 79 more Emerald, they are the same game, to the total.

Got it and thank you for the information.

Now if some one new the years they were made. That would be helpful!

#8778 4 years ago

so I'm clear on the strategy to progress in the game to see everything but just curious - what is the strategy for just highest points?

#8779 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Got it and thank you for the information.
Now if some one new the years they were made. That would be helpful!

Why don't you call them and ask?
(732) 364-9900

#8780 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm clear on the strategy to progress in the game to see everything but just curious - what is the strategy for just highest points?

It’s all about stacking. The most lucrative stack is to combine Munchkin frenzy with a multiball (EC or Rescue or both if you can swing it) with a crystal ball mode for 2x scoring. The frenzy points really add up. Just remember that they are awarded during the bonus so don’t tilt!

If you can get to Haunted Forest MB and stack that with a crystal ball mode, that can also yield huge points.

It is worth figuring out what stack combinations you can get to and how lucrative they can be. It is hard to always make things come together, but when they do, the game can really come alive, and the points are crazy.

#8781 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s all about stacking. The most lucrative stack is to combine Munchkin frenzy with a multiball (EC or Rescue or both if you can swing it) with a crystal ball mode for 2x scoring. The frenzy points really add up. Just remember that they are awarded during the bonus so don’t tilt!
If you can get to Haunted Forest MB and stack that with a crystal ball mode, that can also yield huge points.
It is worth figuring out what stack combinations you can get to and how lucrative they can be. It is hard to always make things come together, but when they do, the game can really come alive, and the points are crazy.

What exactly is the trick to getting the Forest MB? I did this one and have no clue how it happened.

Also, is there a Crystal Ball MB? I could have sworn this happened also. It was an intense game so I couldn't focus on everythign going on lol

#8782 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What exactly is the trick to getting the Forest MB? I did this one and have no clue how it happened.
Also, is there a Crystal Ball MB? I could have sworn this happened also. It was an intense game so I couldn't focus on everythign going on lol

yes for Forest and Crystal ball multiball you just have to starts the 4 modes eatch (weak flipper, no old flipper, no light and light on for CB), the last will be MB

#8783 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

yes for Forest and Crystal ball multiball you just have to starts the 4 modes eatch (weak flipper, no old flipper, no light and light on for CB), the last will be MB

Gotcha. Thanks!

#8784 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It is key to start the Munchkin mode AFTER you have another MB going in order to maximize bonus points, collecting a full (all different or same color) HOADC during that MB will further add potentially massive bonus points as will the Haunted to a lesser extent. Obviously the longer you can keep 2x via a CB MB or even better a 3x when in the same but at least one ball is active on an upper playfield going the more points you'll be racking up.

One really good stacking strategy is to get two balls locked for ECMB, the third lock AND all the Rainbow targets lit while you have Rescue MB ready to start. If you start Rescue and then ECMB you don't have to collect as many locks for Rescue as the two combined put all the balls in play anyway. As soon as you start ECMB start the Munckin mode (easier said than done, of course) and many points are available especially if you can complete the Munchkin mode. This is definitely helpful when starting your 2nd or 3rd Rescue MB as those locks get progressively harder to earn. Points for Rescue Jackpots may be reduced somewhat this way but I don't think they are related to how many balls you lock before starting Rescue MB, may have to look at that one.

#8785 4 years ago

Has anyone increased their LED brightness? I was just looking at some pictures and noticed that in the pictures, the GI and insert lights seemed much brighter than what is normal.

Just curious. It would be nice to have the leds under plastics be brighter..

#8786 4 years ago

Anyone know if there is a setting for GI brightness alone and not insert lighting? I saw some talks on this in the forums but in the manual, it doesn't show this.

Would like to increase the GI but leave inserts at the current level.

#8787 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone know if there is a setting for GI brightness alone and not insert lighting?

No.

#8788 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Well that takes care of that. Thanks again as always.

#8789 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well that takes care of that. Thanks again as always.

Not necessarily. You could have asked;

"No, there is no option?" or "No, you don't know?"

#8790 4 years ago

I noticed something strange last night and cant really figure it out yet.

Once in a while I hear a "clicking" noise that does it about 4 times then stops. I cant figure where its coming from and I dont see any game play being affected. Its not a coil firing as its not that loud but certainly loud enough to be heard clearly. I noticed that it happened when going into the trough and also once after going into the throne room.

Any ideas?

#8791 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed something strange last night and cant really figure it out yet.
Once in a while I hear a "clicking" noise that does it about 4 times then stops. I cant figure where its coming from and I dont see any game play being affected. Its not a coil firing as its not that loud but certainly loud enough to be heard clearly. I noticed that it happened when going into the trough and also once after going into the throne room.
Any ideas?

Possibly the anti-jam action of the ball eject solenoid soft-firing if the balls haven't rolled down or something is blocking the jam opto?

#8792 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Possibly the anti-jam action of the ball eject solenoid soft-firing if the balls haven't rolled down or something is blocking the jam opto?

Could be. This sounds more like its coming from the middle or upper playfield under area. Where exactly is that jam opto?

#8793 4 years ago

Drop target raise or trip coil firing.

#8794 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Drop target raise or trip coil firing.

Its not the winkie target as I was actually messing with that at the time. What is a trip coil?

This is like a ticking or clicking. Different from an actual coil stop noise.

#8795 4 years ago

Also to mention, i noticed a setting in the coil menu for Drop Target (down). Now the setting for Drop Target (up) is the winkie, but down doesnt seem to do anything and makes a very similar sound to what I was referring to.

#8796 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Could be. This sounds more like its coming from the middle or upper playfield under area. Where exactly is that jam opto?

It's the sling under the munchkin playfield.

Vibration is setting it off.

The switches are set a little close.

Also check the condition of the rubber on it.

The right side is a bit tight and causes wear.

Open the gaps 1/16" more.

#8797 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its not the winkie target as I was actually messing with that at the time. What is a trip coil?
This is like a ticking or clicking. Different from an actual coil stop noise.

Small coil that "trips" the drop target when the game wants to knock it down on its own. Mounted on the same assembly and sometimes can overheat under the right circumstances.

#8798 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Small coil that "trips" the drop target when the game wants to knock it down on its own. Mounted on the same assembly and sometimes can overheat under the right circumstances.

Interesting. I will have to check that out as in the settings when I tested the drop target to go down, it made a noise but didnt do anything. Maybe it was down already and I didnt realize.

#8799 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It's the sling under the munchkin playfield.
Vibration is setting it off.
The switches are set a little close.
Also check the condition of the rubber on it.
The right side is a bit tight and causes wear.
Open the gaps 1/16" more.

it could be this as well. need to do more experimenting. Thanks.

#8800 4 years ago

I put my 7.5v light boards up for sale for anyone who does not want to spend the $800 plus serious time on a 2.0 system. Get yourself a stash of backup boards now!

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Priced to sell! Don't want to spend $800 plus 12-15 hours on a 2.0 conversion? Well here's the solution - a full set of 7.5v unbuffered light boards for woz! Includes a full set of...”
2019-10-21
Davis, CA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 207 times

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.50
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/176?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.