20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 306.
#8701 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it still under warranty?
Do you get free repair on cars etc when not under warranty?

Free repairs? Auto manufactures issue recalls when they realize a defective design. Those are usually free. This is a defective light board. Even if the labor is on us owners, the correct light boards should be free to anyone who bought a NIB WOZ. Just my opinion.

#8702 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Free repairs? Auto manufactures issue recalls when they realize a defective design. Those are usually free. This is a defective light board. Even if the labor is on us owners, the correct light boards should be free to anyone who bought a NIB WOZ. Just my opinion.

They recall and repair for free when the defect impacts security and that’s not really a client’s service it’s just to avoid future lawsuits.

Guess if the JJP boards were starting a fire you might get 2.0 for free !

#8703 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My lights have been out for 6 months. Because of a faulty light design, why do I HAVE TO PAY 800 to fix JJP’s problem?

You can fix the rest by bypassing the bad light board. Why wouldn't you do that?

#8704 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Pfft. Most auto manufacturers have SOME defective component (or a major component, hello Ford transmissions) that they know will fail prematurely. If it fails outside warranty the BEST you can hope for is some consideration of the cost of replacement. Ford Taurus transmissions failed regularly just outside warranty. In their quest to hit mileage standards, Honda made millions of Odysseys with leaky cylinder rings that caused them to eat a quart or more of oil a month. They had a limited recall when FORCED to, but the majority of these were not covered as an actual defect. There are thousands of examples like these in autos.

The auto industry is not what you want to point to as the altruistic answer to issues of premature failure out of warranty.

#8705 4 years ago

Just my personal opinion, I feel the light boards are an integral part of the game. Passing on the cost of the corrected parts as well as labor to the buyer seems unfair to the buyer, especially NIB buyers who paid full retail. I may be wrong!

#8706 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pfft. Most auto manufacturers have SOME defective component (or a major component, hello Ford transmissions) that they know will fail prematurely. If it fails outside warranty the BEST you can hope for is some consideration of the cost of replacement. Ford Taurus transmissions failed regularly just outside warranty. In their quest to hit mileage standards, Honda made millions of Odysseys with leaky cylinder rings that caused them to eat a quart or more of oil a month. They had a limited recall when FORCED to, but the majority of these were not covered as an actual defect. There are thousands of examples like these in autos.
The auto industry is not what you want to point to as the altruistic answer to issues of premature failure out of warranty.

Vireland - I would suggest that you stop blindly supporting what is an obvious FU to consumers that paid for a failed design. I really have a hard time respecting someone that is willing to be sh*t on by a company (regardless of their size) and I know you contribute a lot to these boards and in a positive way but this is just way beneath you. Enough.

#8707 4 years ago

Maybe we should get back to the positive. I did like that Google Easter egg rai posted about.

#8708 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Vireland - I would suggest that you stop blindly supporting what is an obvious FU to consumers that paid for a failed design. I really have a hard time respecting someone that is willing to be sh*t on by a company (regardless of their size) and I know you contribute a lot to these boards and in a positive way but this is just way beneath you. Enough.

Look, I'm not happy about the situation at JJP or Stern, but people that are pulling examples out of their butts for OTHER INDUSTRIES that just completely FALL APART on closer examination should not be allowed to let that pass (i.e. the WoZ light comparison. That level of premature failure outside of warranty happens ALL THE TIME in the Auto industry. They only own up when they are forced to by the government). If people make fair comparisons? I'm there. Pulling irrelevant, false examples out of their butts? Nope.

#8709 4 years ago

I'm kinda in the market for a WOZ, so if anyone has one they are fed up with and ready to dump...let me know.

#8710 4 years ago

I know it’s a day late but Happy 80th anniversary to the woz film Aug 25 1939

#8711 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look, I'm not happy about the situation at JJP or Stern, but people that are pulling examples out of their butts for OTHER INDUSTRIES that just completely FALL APART on closer examination should not be allowed to let that pass (i.e. the WoZ light comparison. That level of premature failure outside of warranty happens ALL THE TIME in the Auto industry. They only own up when they are forced to by the government). If people make fair comparisons? I'm there. Pulling irrelevant, false examples out of their butts? Nope.

I was merely pointing to the fact that it's not unheard of for some companies to stand by their products in times where there are admitted defects. Not all companies, not all industries. It was just an example. You seem passionate about the auto industry, something I don't know much about. It wasn't a testament about the auto industry, which I know nothing about. I wasn't suggesting the two industries were remotely the same. I was simply responding to the comment someone made about free auto repairs. But thank you for not letting my comment pass. It was an irrelevant, false example that I found in my butt.

#8712 4 years ago

Finally joined the club. Took a few years to find a nice one.

5C1BF9D1-107C-4F21-80B0-22C4010543A5.jpeg5C1BF9D1-107C-4F21-80B0-22C4010543A5.jpeg
#8713 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Finally joined the club. Took a few years to find a nice one.[quoted image]

Took me 3 years to find mine.
Congrats and welcome to the club!

#8714 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Took me 3 years to find mine

Same here but I ordered it NIB.

lol

#8715 4 years ago

I noticed this AM when I started playing that my state fair balloon pop bumper wasn't acting right. It was lethargic. I noticed that under the play field assembly one of the rods of the pop bumper ring and rod assy was broken. One side was fine and the other was broken as shown in the pictures. I just want to make sure this is the only part I need from Marco. Or do I need something else in addition?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-4754

IMG_8595 (resized).JPGIMG_8595 (resized).JPGIMG_8597 (resized).JPGIMG_8597 (resized).JPG
#8716 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Or do I need something else in addition?

You only need the ring.

Me, I'd replace the metal and fiber board yokes too.

When you put the 6/32nds lock nuts back on the yokes holding to the pop bumper ring rods. Snug them up, but not too tight. That toques the rods counter clock wise and they break easier.

LTG : )

#8717 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Me, I'd replace the metal and fiber board yokes too.

Yours look okay. They are a wear item that snaps in half.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-5492

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-5493

#8718 4 years ago

If you are feeling generous. You might replace the coil bracket too.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-7417

They do break. And the state fair balloon gets a lot of pounding. As long as you have it apart anyway, just two more screws. Save the old one as a spare.

#8719 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. You're the man. Always appreciate the help.

#8720 4 years ago

I have not turned my WOZ on in 4 months. Been real busy remodeling my house and game room. I turned on WOZ tonight and to my “not surprised”, ALL LIGHTS ARE OUT. ALL!!!

#8721 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

ALL LIGHTS ARE OUT.

Check power to any of the boards first. See if you lost that.

#8722 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have not turned my WOZ on in 4 months. Been real busy remodeling my house and game room. I turned on WOZ tonight and to my “not surprised”, ALL LIGHTS ARE OUT. ALL!!!

Time to investigate the 2.0 board system...

#8723 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I definitely see where you're coming from, and perhaps my language was too strong. I've been thinking about this a lot lately with all of the threads that have been popping up legitimately complaining about one issue or another. And, I just wonder if pinball would be a sustainable business if it was operated any other way. My main point is that while I agree with everyone that in an ideal world a manufacturer would offer a fix like this for free, pinball is not an ideal world. You have much smaller companies, and when something goes wrong, it costs a huge amount to fix. Paying for the cost of supplying 2000-3000 user kits could perhaps sink a company. I have no idea what the exact cost is, but I just don't see them making a profit off of these kits. And, I have no idea what their financial statements look like. But, if you add the light board issues up with everything else they have to deal with, I just wonder if it is a choice between putting some expense on the user or staying in business. Again, I have no idea, and I don't want to make assumptions. But, I want JJP to stay in business. I feel like they have been more than fair to me as a company. They replaced my old light boards for free well after the warranty ran out. They probably would still be doing it. I chose to upgrade to have a more reliable system. Again, I would have different expectations of Apple than I do JJP. I guess that is my only point.

It had to be they are on somewhat thin ice financially because charging customers a lot of money to fix factory caused design flaws would ge bad business in most other truly competitive industries.

Not sure how lemon laws work in relation to pinball machines. I've been wondering about this lately will all the problems surfacing the past several years in relation to both new JJP and Stern games.

#8724 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I noticed this AM when I started playing that my state fair balloon pop bumper wasn't acting right. It was lethargic. I noticed that under the play field assembly one of the rods of the pop bumper ring and rod assy was broken. One side was fine and the other was broken as shown in the pictures. I just want to make sure this is the only part I need from Marco. Or do I need something else in addition?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-4754[quoted image][quoted image]

Visually check your new ring when you get it to be sure the rods are fully peened over where they attach to the ring. I've had quite a few in the past couple years that were barely peened over. Install those and you'll be doing the job all over again within six months.

#8725 4 years ago

Man, this machine has not been very kind to me lately haha. Im pretty surprised that JJP didnt think the game needed any "shoot again" time after launching the ball. Sometimes I drain almost immediately, especially on that left side drain

#8726 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Man, this machine has not been very kind to me lately haha. Im pretty surprised that JJP didnt think the game needed any "shoot again" time after launching the ball. Sometimes I drain almost immediately, especially on that left side drain

There is a ball save in the settings and if you play on location I think every operator should use it, it's too frustrating to drain right away.

#8727 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

it's too frustrating to drain right away.

Yes indeed... I can’t say this in the Batman66 thread but I barely turn On my LE because of that, I don’t know how to play that Pinball at all unfortunately. On the other side, every single day (no exceptions) I play AFMR and WOZ YBR... every single day.

#8728 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

There is a ball save in the settings and if you play on location I think every operator should use it, it's too frustrating to drain right away.

Yes I know and Im very much the type to keep things the way that they are from the factory in regards to things that affect the gameplay. But man, not sure if im having a bad streak or what but im just flying through games due to drains lately.

#8729 4 years ago

Ok I cant postpone fixing it anymore.

My monkey doesn't catch balls anymore. He touches the ball and the ball follows him but once he takes off the ball is released.

Does this help telling me what I should check ?

#8730 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Does this help telling me what I should check ?

I'd go over wiring for the monkeys magnet and connectors. Anything cutting power once it moves.

#8731 4 years ago

Question about mods connecting to the topper splitter. I assume that its ok to have several daisy chains off of this? I just received my Haunted Forest LED mod and Trough LED mod, and both connect to the topper splitter.

So, assume that multiple connections onto this is ok?

#8732 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question about mods connecting to the topper splitter. I assume that its ok to have several daisy chains off of this? I just received my Haunted Forest LED mod and Trough LED mod, and both connect to the topper splitter.
So, assume that multiple connections onto this is ok?

2 or 3 mods off topper is Ok.
Several mod sellers sell a splitter, do yourself a favor and pick up a couple. Marcos has them at a good price.

#8733 4 years ago

2 or 3 mods off topper is Ok.
Several mod sellers sell a splitter, do yourself a favor and pick up a couple. Marcos has them at a good price.

Thanks. Yea, I actually ordered both mods with the splitter assuming I would need them.

Thanks again.

#8734 4 years ago

Is it documented anywhere as to what the differences are between the Emerald version and the Green (Automated) version. I know the Emerald has the wooden apron and the Green has the 2.0 Light boards as well as a decal cabinet. What other differences are there?

#8735 4 years ago

Quick question! What’s the difference in these settings? Can I choose the song I like for attract music?

8913EFCB-7B90-47CD-9D75-C3A78125AB9D (resized).jpeg8913EFCB-7B90-47CD-9D75-C3A78125AB9D (resized).jpeg83F12998-5963-41A6-9266-B4039685012E (resized).jpeg83F12998-5963-41A6-9266-B4039685012E (resized).jpeg9725D01B-B47A-4A61-8181-6C1BB38AD7A3 (resized).jpeg9725D01B-B47A-4A61-8181-6C1BB38AD7A3 (resized).jpeg
#8736 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is it documented anywhere as to what the differences are between the Emerald version and the Green (Automated) version. I know the Emerald has the wooden apron and the Green has the 2.0 Light boards as well as a decal cabinet. What other differences are there?

My Automated machine shipped with 7.5v boards. Sorry, I don't know much about the Emerald version to tell you about the differences.

#8737 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I don't think any of the standard green ones with the stainless rails shipped with the 2.0 lighting, and all the ECLE with the green powdercoated rails are 1.x boards. The 2.0 transition didn't happen until partway into the Ruby Red 75th pin run, AFAIK.

#8738 4 years ago

The Automated green games were built before 2.0 lighting was available but were later upgraded with 2.0 kits.

#8739 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Quick question! What’s the difference in these settings? Can I choose the song I like for attract music?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Page B-25 in manual, sorry for bad pic...

DB95A739-DC5B-4EA1-B66D-BB6A1094588F (resized).jpegDB95A739-DC5B-4EA1-B66D-BB6A1094588F (resized).jpeg
#8740 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The Automated green games were built before 2.0 lighting was available but were later upgraded with 2.0 kits.

Thanks for the clarification!

Looking to trade my Houdini plus cash for WoZ if anyone is interested checkout my listing on Marketplace https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84459

#8741 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Page B-25 in manual, sorry for bad pic...[quoted image]

Thank you for the info

I wonder what JJP rock music is? I guess I will have to see tonight. I always had it on Woz music

#8742 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Thank you for the info
I wonder what JJP rock music is? I guess I will have to see tonight. I always had it on Woz music

Its the guitar rif with the ball outlining NJ on attract mode.

#8743 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Quick question! What’s the difference in these settings? Can I choose the song I like for attract music?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Shuffle is the best. Different music score after every end game.

#8744 4 years ago

Its the guitar rif with the ball outlining NJ on attract mode.

I do miss the space shuttle start sound from the old code....

#8745 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This is probably why you can use your flippers to select which [TOTO] button is blinking.

Yes.
Yes, this happens.

No.
No, I did not know this happens.

No.
No, I will never be able to use this information for personal benefit anyway. How can cycling through these be helpful--totally a different animal from cycling lit inlanes & outlanes. Is there a certain T-O-T-O button that gets hit more often than the others, so frantically try to turn that one off if the ball is draining leisurely?

-Jason

PS--thanks for educating all of us

#8746 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That was taken out? I wonder why, it's a nice touch.

#8747 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

That was taken out? I wonder why, it's a nice touch.

Copyright belongs to WMS?

#8748 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Copyright belongs to WMS?

I doubt Williams copyrighted it. There was a TON of assets from the Bally/Williams days that never had copyrights filed, so while the copyright was theirs when it was created, they couldn't sue and get statutory damages, attorney fees, and costs when infringed because it wasn't registered before infringement. From the copyright.gov site:

"When registration is made prior to infringement or within three months after publication of a work, a copyright owner is eligible for statutory damages, attorneys’ fees, and costs."

Rick probably just asked them to stop.

#8749 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is it at the 2 second mark of this video?
https://vimeo.com/41899510

#8750 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it at the 2 second mark of this video?
https://vimeo.com/41899510

It is. Wonder when it was taken out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/175?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.