20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 306.
#8551 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bottom of the drop target assembly is a nut, loosen it, the turn the screw to raise the drop target, then retighten the nut.

Where the orange arrow points.

LTG : )

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG
#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bottom of the drop target assembly is a nut, loosen it, the turn the screw to raise the drop target, then retighten the nut.
LTG : )

Thanks once again sir!

#8553 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes to both. Level the Winkie target, either up or down, whatever is required. And, slow balls will be deflected by the rollovers.

Ok good to know. Thanks.

For the Toto outlane, i feel like the second "t" is always passed by due to deflection unless its rolling fairly quick..

#8554 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok good to know. Thanks.
For the Toto outlane, i feel like the second "t" is always passed by due to deflection unless its rolling fairly quick..

This is probably why you can use your flippers to select which button is blinking.

#8555 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This is probably why you can use your flippers to select which button is blinking.

What ? You mean you can select which Toto rollover is lit with the flipper buttons ?

#8556 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

What ? You mean you can select which Toto rollover is lit with the flipper buttons ?

Indeed you can, works just like lane change feature available at the top rollover lanes on some pins for example.

#8557 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Indeed you can, works just like lane change feature available at the top rollover lanes on some pins for example.

Wow, 1500 games later, I've never realized that Turning my game on now !

#8558 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

You're not the only one - I feel a bit dumb

#8559 4 years ago

I didn’t know that either!!

Quick question- the “Break Down Door” light never lights during game play but operates fine in attract mode. Does the board need to be replaced?

7DD11AA4-CB3E-4682-93E6-F85EC9D2C9FE (resized).jpeg7DD11AA4-CB3E-4682-93E6-F85EC9D2C9FE (resized).jpeg
#8560 4 years ago

And this is in attract mode...

3972F51E-EE5F-4636-9BCD-C1EC7527E6E8 (resized).jpeg3972F51E-EE5F-4636-9BCD-C1EC7527E6E8 (resized).jpeg77FA2D51-12B1-4C23-81AD-03FE8849B941 (resized).jpeg77FA2D51-12B1-4C23-81AD-03FE8849B941 (resized).jpegAE785FA3-995D-462C-BAC8-85A16FEA2347 (resized).jpegAE785FA3-995D-462C-BAC8-85A16FEA2347 (resized).jpeg
#8561 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

And this is in attract mode...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put it in test and set all lights to white to see if the white works for that insert.

#8562 4 years ago

If he has red green and blue in attract mode then he should have white I would think because the game tries to make white by cranking the three colors to max intensity.

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Couple questions for you guys...
One, my ball has a tenancy to get stuck on the Winkie target when its down, on the backside of it. Assuming the target just needs to be raised slightly?
Second, for the rollover switches for Tinman, Lion, Toto... How high/low should these be. I see that when the ball is rolling calmly on the playfield, these obstruct the balls path. Should they do that?
Thanks.

Place a 6" steel ruler over the rollovers.

If they are all down, all is good.

If one stays high, lower it.

Use the same ruler over the drop target when down.

It should be perfectly flat.

If not, adjust the nut on the bottom of the mech.

If the ball is sitting in the gap of the drop target, bend tbe entire mech forwards or backwards to close the gap.

#8564 4 years ago

That was a good thought. I tried that and it works on all of the lamp tests.

316301BF-EB36-45B0-B8E9-94DF1F2FE150 (resized).jpeg316301BF-EB36-45B0-B8E9-94DF1F2FE150 (resized).jpeg
#8565 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Ditto! That is awesome to know.

#8566 4 years ago

That was a good thought. I tried that and it works on all of the lamp tests.[quoted image]

Is it possible that you haven't earned it? Can you trigger it with the glass off?

#8567 4 years ago

I didn’t know that either!!
Quick question- the “Break Down Door” light never lights during game play but operates fine in attract mode. Does the board need to be replaced?[quoted image]

Make sure to have a ball trapped by the monkey(capture Dorathy).

#8568 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok good to know. Thanks.

Quoted from fnosm:

This. And, it is also a nudge game. You need to nudge the pin a bit to get all Toto rollovers lit in one pass.

#8569 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Make sure to have a ball trapped by the monkey(capture Dorathy).

Yep. I did that- it still won’t light up during gameplay.

#8570 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Quoted from adol75:

Add me to the list...2.5 years and I didn’t realize this either.

#8571 4 years ago

Maybe updating to the last version?

#8572 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Wow, I never noticed this! Thanks!

#8573 4 years ago

I feel like mine lights orange when needed to be broken down during game play..

#8574 4 years ago

Ditto. I'm pretty sure it's orange and changes to green, just like the SEARCH light on the same pf.

#8575 4 years ago

Ditto. I'm pretty sure it's orange and changes to green, just like the SEARCH light on the same pf.

But yours isnt lighting at all during play? Hmmnn that is strange. Perhaps a code upgrade is needed?

#8576 4 years ago

I have the new code ready to install (I think I'm running 6.61). It was working fine but quit a couple days ago.

#8577 4 years ago

You need not only to lock a ball but also to either hit all the rescue targets or light rescue by going in the castle hole.

When you do that the light goes on and it also shows on the screen.

#8578 4 years ago

I’ve done that too- and I’ve also updated the software to 7.02. Still no light.

#8579 4 years ago

I’ve done that too- and I’ve also updated the software to 7.02. Still no light.

So even when the game is ready for you to knock down the doors and ball hits show the doors being hit along with the various Dorothy call-outs "you're almost there", etc. that insert is not lit or flashing for you? Does it flash red if you complete three of any of the jackpots while in Rescue MultiBall?

#8580 4 years ago

I know it’s strange, but it doesn’t do anything during game play. I’ve cheated and done everything I can with the glass off and nothing happens. But it lights white under the lamp tests and operates fine during attract mode.

#8581 4 years ago

I know it’s strange, but it doesn’t do anything during game play. I’ve cheated and done everything I can with the glass off and nothing happens. But it lights white under the lamp tests and operates fine during attract mode.

Check for a loose data cable or a loose connector.

A connection is not being made.

#8582 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

For whatever reason I'm not following you... On my WoZ I tried to figure this out by having the ball go down toto but it doesn't seem like I can control anything with the flippers during that time? Could someone explain to me in dumb dumb terms... LOL

Jeff

#8583 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hi all.
A new software update for Wizard of Oz pinball is now available for download! Please note, Version 7.02 is a Full Install.
For the full change log: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/woz_changelog.txt
To download: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/WizardOfOz-v07.02.iso
[quoted image]

Would have liked to see a bonus hold - bonus x added as a wizard award or something.

#8584 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Add me to the group! Wow amazing the things JJP put into this machine

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

For whatever reason I'm not following you... On my WoZ I tried to figure this out by having the ball go down toto but it doesn't seem like I can control anything with the flippers during that time? Could someone explain to me in dumb dumb terms... LOL
Jeff

Look at the TOTO rollovers, some are lit and some are blinking. You need to hit the blinking ones to get Toto save.
Now if you hit the flippers the position of the blinking letters will change.

#8586 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Look at the TOTO rollovers, some are lit and some are blinking. You need to hit the blinking ones to get Toto save.
Now if you hit the flippers the position of the blinking letters will change.

Thank you!!! Now I get it... . See, dumb dumb terms...

Jeff

#8587 4 years ago

7.02 has the attract mode number of balls display that's coming to jjPotC. It displays the cost of the game as well as the number of balls for 1 game. We're using an extra ball (4 balls per game) to make the jump to $1.50/game or $5/4 games more palatable on jjPotC. This has enabled jjPotC to transition to the necessary higher pricing without a player backlash for us. Months after it was put out, jjPotC is still earning between 50-100% more than the next best earning game on the route I help with, and these are no slouch machines it's earning against (Deadpool Prem, Iron Maiden Prem, AfMr LE, etc). For now we have the balls/game listed on the price cards, but it's nice to get a preview of the feature up on the screen in attract mode on this WoZ update.

Now the only operator-friendly request left for Keith to drop is time of day/time of week pricing. Fingers crossed.

#8588 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Add me to the group! Wow amazing the things JJP put into this machine

It is an amazing machine...one of the best ever made. Enjoy!

#8589 4 years ago

my woz i have had since 2015, sound board issues low voices for about 3 years... replaced sound board with new one bought new loop wire that attaches to pink connector same issues occur right now i have to press down on wire for it to work but cannot keep it down......anyone else have this issue very annoying feel like getting rid of it..............

#8590 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now the only operator-friendly request left for Keith to drop is time of day/time of week pricing. Fingers crossed.

That’s something you can manage with Scorbit on all your games. Check it out here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread#post-5126700

#8591 4 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

my woz i have had since 2015, sound board issues low voices for about 3 years... replaced sound board with new one bought new loop wire that attaches to pink connector same issues occur right now i have to press down on wire for it to work but cannot keep it down......anyone else have this issue very annoying feel like getting rid of it..............

Replace the cable?

#8592 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That’s something you can manage with Scorbit on all your games. Check it out here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread#post-5126700

Zero interest in connecting the machine to the internet to manage this simple function. Pool tables already have this feature (offline). Pinball will have it, too - without the internet.

#8593 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Zero interest in connecting the machine to the internet to manage this simple function. Pool tables already have this feature (offline). Pinball will have it, too - without the internet.

I’m curious, why don’t you want to connect your machines ? Is it because you find it overkill for a simple feature or is it a more general fear of connecting stuff that doesnt need to be ?

#8594 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I’m curious, why don’t you want to connect your machines ? Is it because you find it overkill for a simple feature or is it a more general fear of connecting stuff that doesnt need to be ?

Both, plus it's an unnecessary cost-add for a simple feature. I have no interest in internet competitive scoring since that's useless with mechanical pinball. Apples-to-apples competition, even on the same model machine in two places, is impossible due to wide variances in play from machine to machine.

#8595 4 years ago

I am confused, how does the 'vitual flying monkey' works in the YBR edition? Is there some kind of computer animation instead of the physical elevator? ( I really dont understand why they dropped a toy like that and this is really refraining me from ordering)

Also, am I rigth to think that the rerun of the 75th anniversarty (preorder, v2.0) does have the "flying monkey" as well?

#8596 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

I am confused, how does the 'vitual flying monkey' works in the YBR edition? Is there some kind of computer animation instead of the physical elevator? ( I really dont understand why they dropped a toy like that and this is really refraining me from ordering)
Also, am I rigth to think that the rerun of the 75th anniversarty (preorder, v2.0) does have the "flying monkey" as well?

The ball is captured and stays on the magnet (on the playfield) while the video of Dorothy hitching a ride with the winged monkeys plays. Then the magnet releases the ball and it is business as usual. Except now the requirement to have Dorothy captured has been met and you can start rescue multiball by going to the castle, spelling RESCUE, bashing the door, etc....

Specs for the 75th Anniversary re-run haven't been released to the general public so it isn't known if the monkey will or will not be there. I think that an argument can be made for both approaches. It is my hope that they don't remove it.

It has been suggested that the cabinets used for the YBR edition were cabinets that were originally ordered for POTC then repurposed and the difference between the POTC and the WOZ cabinets prevented the Monkey mech from being included in the YBR edition. If this is the case, cabinet economics may drive the 75th A-R-R monkey decision as well.

#8597 4 years ago

I need to take a look at where my posts are in the outlanes, especially the left outlane. I checked my audits a few weeks ago and noticed how often TNPLH ball save is successful. I was stunned to see something like 3 successful saves out of maybe 200+ attempts. I have the settings on that ball save at easy, with a full minute to complete, with extra time awarded for shots made. I still drain 95% of the time before saving my ball. The only times I’ve saved it, it was by allowing progress to be saved and trying with a 2nd or 3rd ball. (I know, play better). I’m an ok player, especially on my own pins. Do others have this much trouble with the left ball save?

#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do others have this much trouble with the left ball save?

It is challenging but very satisfying when executed successfully. I have found that the more often I play it the easier it gets and the more likely I am to complete it. That said, sometimes it is gonna drain regardless. In my book, that is pinball.

#8599 4 years ago

I got better at TNLPH, it’s easier to shoot correctly with only one ball, unlike melt the witch that I haven’t completed yet.

It’s still a challenge, the ball drains and I gave up on nudging this game, too heavy for me.

#8600 4 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

Get rid of the loop wire see if the issues goes away. Then go with a different brand if you got your loop wires from JJ. I had nothing but problems on my WOZ when I had that brand in went with a different one and never a problem again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/172?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.