767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 306.
#8501 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think the point is being lost. My only comment was that I dont understand why people choose to make it easier an if they do, just mention that if posting scores.
None of which is a big deal or to be taken offensively.

The point is not lost, people chose to make it easier so they can have fun, which per my post above is what a pinball is for.

#8502 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not for me it isn't and many others. Point being no one wants to hear you tell others about how a game should be setup. I'm seeing you do the same thing in the Ghostbusers thread. It's douchey. Just stop it.
Then you're telling a guy to grow a pair? That's just too much. Chill.

Well maybe you should consider what he said to me first and realize where my comment came from. Snarky comments and then telling me to find a new thread. Sorry, I dont sit around and take that.

Also to mention, in the GB thread, I was curious why people were moving the flippers and wasnt sure if it was only to make the shot easier. I didnt say anything about anything there except that I notice that a lot of people like to tweak things on that machine. Really, nothing to get upset over..

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The point is not lost, people chose to make it easier so they can have fun, which per my post above is what a pinball is for.

Right. And I wasnt making fun of that. I dont get it but wasnt knocking it. Again, all i was saying was to mention it when posting scores. Simple as that.

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:Hahaha, I feel very dumb right now ! I didn't not remove the plastic all I did was cursing at JJP for giving me a rail too long

No worries, I had the exact same thoughts and found the info here on pinside. Don't worry though the left is still drain happy, just like STTNG left out lane.

#8505 4 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

No worries, I had the exact same thoughts and found the info here on pinside. Don't worry though the left is still drain happy, just like STTNG left out lane.

And now you are waking up my worst nightmare, I had STTNG for 5 years and hated that left out lane all along !

#8506 4 years ago

Fellas quick question please...

Two days ago I was playing a game and suddenly after my 1st ball the other 4 were auto launched every time after I lost a ball (I have set my Pinball with 5 balls games all the time), I restarted the Pinball after that, and since that day every time that the machine attempts to kick a ball up to the shooter lane it needs at least 2-3 times to be there instead of just once....

Any suggestions please?...

(I’m not familiar with the terms so I apologize in advance If wasn’t clear enough while trying to explain about with my issue )

Thank you

#8507 4 years ago

You can up the power to the upkicker. Make sure the flap that keeps balls in the trough swings freely. Check ball though for any obstruction - the rubber tips to the shooter rods sometimes break off and fall there.

#8508 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas quick question please...
Two days ago I was playing a game and suddenly after my 1st ball the other 4 were auto launched every time after I lost a ball (I have set my Pinball with 5 balls games all the time), I restarted the Pinball after that, and since that day every time that the machine attempts to kick a ball up to the shooter lane it needs at least 2-3 times to be there instead

Sounds like two separate issues. I had the issue with balls auto launching and it ended up being a stuck switch on the play field (one of the witch switches I think in my case). Go to matrixes switch tests and see if anything is stuck.

On the ball trough, you can turn up the strength in the coil settings menu.

#8509 4 years ago

Thanks fellas!

Quoted from Gwpin:

Sounds like two separate issues. I had the issue with balls auto launching and it ended up being a stuck switch on the play field (one of the witch switches I think in my case). Go to matrixes switch tests and see if anything is stuck.
On the ball trough, you can turn up the strength in the coil settings menu.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can up the power to the upkicker. Make sure the flap that keeps balls in the trough swings freely. Check ball though for any obstruction - the rubber tips to the shooter rods sometimes break off and fall there.

#8510 4 years ago

Hello Woz members

How do I enable the sound volume control on the menu, for some reason it’s disabled on mine
8574F214-C6DA-41E7-8254-B4FC7B1CD7EB (resized).jpeg8574F214-C6DA-41E7-8254-B4FC7B1CD7EB (resized).jpeg

#8511 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

for some reason it’s disabled on mine

If you mean the one on the coin door where the lights and mute button is. Inside the coin door, between the metal coin door and the circuit board with the lights, there is a small black plastic slide switch that you push up or down to enable or disable that small board. Along the side of the metal door above the lock.

LTG : )

#8512 4 years ago

I'm having a lighting issue - all of the lights will go out at random times during the game and often will come back on (not including "Lights Out" mode, of course) and they also will go out while it is in attract mode. Starting a game will not bring them back on. I have a 75th Ruby Red with the 7.5v buffered boards, but I'm thinking it's a hardware (non-light board) issue rather than a non-v2.0 light board issue. Any thoughts? Or is it time for a lighting upgrade?

#8513 4 years ago

Loose connector or loose wire in a connector would be where I start, power to boards first then data harnesses. And be sure USB cable to I/O board is in tight.

#8514 4 years ago

I did check everything - but there are a lot of connectors and boards. I'll check again - and thank you!

R

#8515 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I did check everything - but there are a lot of connectors and boards. I'll check again - and thank you!
R

Definitely a loose cable.
Your find it if you look.

Probably the big harness attached to the computer box.

#8516 4 years ago

Anyone have suggestion for fixing pf chipped paint? Do i need primer? What brand of paint? Clearcoat or just wax?

#8517 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice! I checked all the connectors and gave them all a little push and everything seems okay so far. Nothing was obviously out (I checked the wires too per LTG) but all is well!

#8518 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone have suggestion for fixing pf chipped paint? Do i need primer? What brand of paint? Clearcoat or just wax?

I bought a Testors paint set like you paint models with. You can mix colors to get the proper hue. This is good for small chips. If your side rails or lock bar are chipped replacements are available from JJ as long as you have a Ruby Red. ECLE green is no longer available, at least the side rails. The side rails are cheap. Lock bar is not so cheap.

#8519 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I bought a Testors paint set like you paint models with. You can mix colors to get the proper hue. This is good for small chips. If your side rails or lock bar are chipped replacements are available from JJ as long as you have a Ruby Red. ECLE green is no longer available, at least the side rails. The side rails are cheap. Lock bar is not so cheap.

Funny, I was just looking into this as well. I was curious if anyone is selling the green side rails? I didnt see it on the JJP website but I emailed them about it. I got a chip in mine most likely from being a little careless with the lockdown bar.

I bought this to give a try, but not sure... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F7V6NK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#8520 4 years ago

Hi all.

A new software update for Wizard of Oz pinball is now available for download! Please note, Version 7.02 is a Full Install.

For the full change log: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/woz_changelog.txt

To download: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/WizardOfOz-v07.02.iso
oz_702 (resized).jpgoz_702 (resized).jpg

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Hello Woz members

How do I enable the sound volume control on the menu, for some reason it’s disabled on mine

This is only applicable to the cabinet version of the headphone jack, as seen on DI and later games. I don't believe any Ruby Reds have shipped with this configuration. The jack in the coin door is untouchable by the software.

#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hi all.
A new software update for Wizard of Oz pinball is now available for download! Please note, Version 7.02 is a Full Install.
For the full change log: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/woz_changelog.txt
To download: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/WizardOfOz-v07.02.iso
[quoted image]

Excellent! Any way to read about what was changed?

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would also like to see a list. Of course, my woz is so awesome...I honestly can't imagine what could be added.

#8524 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Quoted from Daditude:

I would also like to see a list. Of course, my woz is so awesome...I honestly can't imagine what could be added.

#8525 4 years ago

Hi all.
For the full change log: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/woz_changelog.txt
[quoted image]

It appears the links don't work (at least for me) and should be

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/woz_changelog.txt

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/woz/WizardOfOz-v07.02.iso

Thanks for the code drop!

#8526 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Quoted from Daditude:

#8527 4 years ago

Hi all.
[quoted image]

Yapple Dapple!

#8528 4 years ago

Lol, sorry LTG! Totally missed the change log link...

#8529 4 years ago

Now the question of... Where is the backup setting so that when I load 7.02, I can reload all my settings and not lose them?

#8530 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Now the question of... Where is the backup setting so that when I load 7.02, I can reload all my settings and not lose them?

It's been a while but I believe it's under utilities under the main menu.

#8531 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's been a while but I believe it's under utilities under the main menu.

Ill check it out. Thanks!

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Utilities - Settings Back Up page B-48 in the manual and Settings Restore page B-49 in the manual.

This full install should save your settings. I would back them up anyway.

Backing them up doesn't save an image if you have one in there. I don't know if this full install saves the image or not.

#8533 4 years ago

Hi All I have just updated to 7.02 and it has reset to factory settings as stated in the update advice on JJP web site.

All went smooth how ever I am not sure there are any updates to game play that would be considerably noticeable.

Just thought I would share Paul

#8534 4 years ago

With the full code updates, does it wipe out stats on the game like how many played, and coin drop, etc? I dont care much about having to reset extra balls, or other little rules or high scores or whatever, but the operator data is interesting for me.

#8535 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

With the full code updates, does it wipe out stats on the game like how many played, and coin drop, etc?

Back up your setting just to be safe.

#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Backing them up doesn't save an image if you have one in there. I don't know if this full install saves the image or not.

It won't, unfortunately. It's for various technical reasons and is not likely to change anytime soon. Sorry about this!

Quoted from Pablouk:

All went smooth how ever I am not sure there are any updates to game play that would be considerably noticeable.

That's mostly correct. The primary reason for putting it out is the fix for bogus HOADC collections, but there are a few minor things.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

With the full code updates, does it wipe out stats on the game like how many played, and coin drop, etc? I dont care much about having to reset extra balls, or other little rules or high scores or whatever, but the operator data is interesting for me.

*DEFINITELY* do this:

Quoted from LTG:

Back up your setting just to be safe.

BUT, if you're installing on top of v7.01, it SHOULD keep them; any other version, it definitely will not.

But, do a backup.

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It appears the links don't work (at least for me) and should be

Oops, sorry, I'll fix. Thanks for noticing.

#8538 4 years ago

This is only applicable to the cabinet version of the headphone jack, as seen on DI and later games. I don't believe any Ruby Reds have shipped with this configuration. The jack in the coin door is untouchable by the software.

Yes Thank you, that explains why I can't access the menu, Also Thank LTG for pointing out the switch on the board. I have to say you can't hear the sound very good at all with the headphones. it's way too low to me, seems like it doesn't work at all

#8539 4 years ago

Wow long over due for an update

EE527C65-03F3-4E15-BBC3-4FF8FEAA3B4B (resized).jpegEE527C65-03F3-4E15-BBC3-4FF8FEAA3B4B (resized).jpeg
#8540 4 years ago

7.02 is a full install so you can just go straight to that in one step

#8541 4 years ago

Will this update work/run on the original Emerald City edition?

#8543 4 years ago

Thanks Steve

#8544 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wow long over due for an update[quoted image]

Mine is still in 6.61, I havent see any code change that will affect the gameplay or fix a bug that I noticed so same as phone firmwares I stay away from potential troubles when it all works perfectly.

#8545 4 years ago

Any issues with 7.02 so far

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Any issues with 7.02 so far

Played a few games last night with no issues and will be putting a good 3 hours on it tonight...will report back if I come across anything, though not much gameplay-wise has changed except HOADC

#8547 4 years ago

Although I did a system/settings backup first, going from 7.01 to 7.02 went 100% and kept my scores and settings. I did NOT choose FACTORY SETTING RESET (using the 2 flipper button) option on the first boot up.

Now, the first time that the ball went into the crystal ball VUK, it kicked up and out of the rail. The rest have been ok but I might have to turn it down a bit.

#8548 4 years ago

Couple questions for you guys...

One, my ball has a tenancy to get stuck on the Winkie target when its down, on the backside of it. Assuming the target just needs to be raised slightly?

Second, for the rollover switches for Tinman, Lion, Toto... How high/low should these be. I see that when the ball is rolling calmly on the playfield, these obstruct the balls path. Should they do that?

Thanks.

#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Couple questions for you guys...
One, my ball has a tenancy to get stuck on the Winkie target when its down, on the backside of it. Assuming the target just needs to be raised slightly?
Second, for the rollover switches for Tinman, Lion, Toto... How high/low should these be. I see that when the ball is rolling calmly on the playfield, these obstruct the balls path. Should they do that?
Thanks.

Yes to both. Level the Winkie target, either up or down, whatever is required. And, slow balls will be deflected by the rollovers.

#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Bottom of the drop target assembly is a nut, loosen it, the turn the screw to raise the drop target, then retighten the nut.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/171?hl=walleyefisher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.