image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 306.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

After two years or so of having the game I finally melted the witch, sheesh.[quoted image]

Congratulations! It took me about that long also.

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Positive to yellow wire negative to motor case.
LTG : )

Thanks. I appreciate your response.

The Pinball Life generic shaker has the + side of the cap going to the striped wire. I will switch it. I guess there is no such thing as forward or backwards on these motors, so I can just switch the wires, not try to move the cap with its ground.

I have an aftermarket shaker from Cointaker in my Stern Star Trek. Will have to check that one out too.

I figure the cap is to keep noise from the 12V line. It does not do any good to have that connected to the control side.

Added over 5 years ago:

The motor had a tab marked red, so I figured switching the wires might be a 'bad thing'. So I moved the cap. I had to drill a new hole for the ground screw. Since the original hole was threaded, I made sure to use Loctite on the screw in the new hole.

#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, but from what he wrote, I didnt sound like it was backed up.

Actually I bought the game from a guy who had just done the code update. Total play counter was at like 38 or something and I know the game has more like several hundred.

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Actually I bought the game from a guy who had just done the code update. Total play counter was at like 38 or something and I know the game has more like several hundred.

Right. So it sounds like he didnt back it up and the settings and stuff erased...

#8455 4 years ago

Question for you guys.

I feel like during multiball, even though the extra ball is lit and when I get to the throne room, it says Extra Ball, but I feel like im not actually getting them. I feel like I also notice that the extra ball light stays lit and when MB ends, then I can actually gain an extra ball.

Normal?

#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys.
I feel like during multiball, even though the extra ball is lit and when I get to the throne room, it says Extra Ball, but I feel like im not actually getting them. I feel like I also notice that the extra ball light stays lit and when MB ends, then I can actually gain an extra ball.
Normal?

Definitely not normal, though sometimes it does seem to take a while for the E.B. insert to go out after you collect it you should be getting awarded that ball even when in Multiball. Perhaps you picked up one MB and then somehow lit another one while the ball in the the throne room (throne room award animation may be running which delays kicking it out) and then got that one on a subsequent shot to the throne room after MB was over?

#8457 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Definitely not normal, though sometimes it does seem to take a while for the E.B. insert to go out after you collect it you should be getting awarded that ball even when in Multiball. Perhaps you picked up one MB and then somehow lit another one while the ball in the the throne room (throne room award animation may be running which delays kicking it out) and then got that one on a subsequent shot to the throne room after MB was over?

Its possible that is what happened.

But if its not, I would imagine thats a coding issue? Extra Ball seems to work fine as well as everything else at all other times.

#8458 4 years ago

Another question, when you gain an extra ball, does it show that anywhere on the display or just show "2 more balls" or whatever?

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Another question, when you gain an extra ball, does it show that anywhere on the display or just show "2 more balls" or whatever?

You should get the loud "Extra Baaalll!!" call-out from the wizard and another ball shown in how many you have left on the display.

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You should get the loud "Extra Baaalll!!" call-out from the wizard and another ball shown in how many you have left on the display.

Yea I hear the call out. Thats why I feel like during multi ball, its not actually giving it to me.

Ill have to try and pay more attention. Once MB starts, sh*t goes crazy lol.

Over the weekend the wife and kid were out and I was having a beer and playing WOZ. scored 1.9mm on the first ball (extra balls?), and was doing great. Just as I was about to start my second ball, they come home and come to where I am playing. The next two balls drained in about 10 seconds lol. Hell of a first ball though!

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea I hear the call out. Thats why I feel like during multi ball, its not actually giving it to me.
Ill have to try and pay more attention. Once MB starts, sh*t goes crazy lol.
Over the weekend the wife and kid were out and I was having a beer and playing WOZ. scored 1.9mm on the first ball (extra balls?), and was doing great. Just as I was about to start my second ball, they come home and come to where I am playing. The next two balls drained in about 10 seconds lol. Hell of a first ball though!

I think we've all had moments like that, I love my wife but there are times like this when you don't want anyone to come in a mess up your mojo. Not that it's really their fault, you should be able to isolate it though that can be hard to do without being / appearing to be rude. More common for me is the "I'm going to play one (more) quick game before we have to leave" situation then proceed to start blowing up the game. I'm sure we've all been there / done that too.

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think we've all had moments like that, I love my wife but there are times like this when you don't want anyone to come in a mess up your mojo. Not that it's really their fault, you should be able to isolate it though that can be hard to do without being / appearing to be rude. More common for me is the "I'm going to play one (more) quick game before we have to leave" situation then proceed to start blowing up the game. I'm sure we've all been there / done that too.

hahahah oh yes! Not either of their faults. I was just so happy about the score I had that I told them I just needed to finish up. They sat and watched quietly.. And then my wife said "Well, looks like we are definitely your bad luck charms, lol".

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You should get the loud "Extra Baaalll!!"

Hahahahahaha ... I read your phrase and immediately I heard the voice over of the Wizard lol

#8464 4 years ago

I wanted to give a major shout out to the brand new Wizard side blade art. AMAZING... I've added a lot of mods to my wizard and this new side blade art takes the cake. Well that is until I can get my flying monkey and witch mod! LOL

IMG_4855 (resized).jpgIMG_4855 (resized).jpgIMG_4856 (resized).jpgIMG_4856 (resized).jpgIMG_4857 (resized).jpgIMG_4857 (resized).jpg
#8465 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I wanted to give a major shout out to the brand new Wizard side blade art. AMAZING... I've added a lot of mods to my wizard and this new side blade art takes the cake. Well that is until I can get my flying monkey and witch mod! LOL[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to send mine back as they are far too dark. Yours look good. My yellow brick road is almost brown... doesnt look right..

I assume yours are from Pingraffix?

Also, whats the flying monkey mod?

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have to send mine back as they are far too dark. Yours look good. My yellow brick road is almost brown... doesnt look right..
I assume yours are from Pingraffix?
Also, whats the flying monkey mod?

Flying monkey mod is the companion to the red smoke witch mod.

Really excellent work from Steve Gouvia.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod

Unfortunately the list is closed and the non-existant wait list is also closed lol

I'm very happy with my set.

#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Unfortunately the list is closed and the non-existant wait list is also closed lol

With all the success of the flying mod and de red smoke witch, why is anybody doing something similar? There is a ton of people who would buy it

If I had the skills...

#8468 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

How was the install on the Monkey Mod? Make me nervous to mess around with that as i finally have it working perfectly.

EDIT - saw the install video. Not too bad at all. I guess I will wait around until a new list forms..

#8469 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How was the install on the Monkey Mod? Make me nervous to mess around with that as i finally have it working perfectly.

I was surprised at how much force was required to bend the rail to the left of the castle door and wiring/placing the LED strip was a bit 'squishy' for my taste. Overall though the installation is straightforward and the instructional video is helpful as well. Back to the question, you don't really 'mess' with the monkey mech as part of the installation. I would think that the chances of having your monkey become AFU as a result of installing this mod would be somewhere in the area of very slim to none.

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I was surprised at how much force was required to bend the rail to the left of the castle door and wiring/placing the LED strip was a bit 'squishy' for my taste. Overall though the installation is straightforward and the instructional video is helpful as well. Back to the question, you don't really 'mess' with the monkey mech as part of the installation. I would think that the chances of having your monkey become AFU as a result of installing this mod would be somewhere in the area of very slim to none.

Right, i saw that its probably hard to mess up after seeing the install video.

Question, does anyone have any good pictures of how that new monkey sits up at the castle when not being used? Curious how much it is hidden and also how that added piece to hide him looks..

#8471 4 years ago

Im on the list for the Monkey mod and I'm excited to get it ... I will NEVER sell my WOZ so its a game I will continue to add mods if they're cool.

#8472 4 years ago

Y’all probably know this already, but on the off chance ya don’t, as I didn’t, this little post sure does make it easier to get rescue multi-ball. Now I’m battling the witch all the time. Previously prevented by rescue multiball. I didn’t even know this option was available until I started putting Cliffys on this thing.

9BF63986-8570-45BD-A0A0-D9A116D98AC9 (resized).jpeg9BF63986-8570-45BD-A0A0-D9A116D98AC9 (resized).jpeg
#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How was the install on the Monkey Mod? Make me nervous to mess around with that as i finally have it working perfectly...

Just be sure to remain focused. Don't monkey around!

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Y’all probably know this already, but on the off chance ya don’t, as I didn’t, this little post sure does make it easier to get rescue multi-ball.

I've not adjust mine but I find that the ball will almost always bounce over to the flipper if you don't flip first (or too early).

#8475 4 years ago

I wonder who got that NIB ECLE for $6500, what a deal!

#8476 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Y’all probably know this already, but on the off chance ya don’t, as I didn’t, this little post sure does make it easier to get rescue multi-ball. Now I’m battling the witch all the time. Previously prevented by rescue multiball. I didn’t even know this option was available until I started putting Cliffys on this thing. [quoted image]

Sorry but I am no fan of changing the game to make it easier to me. Be sure to mention that if you are posting any scores as that is not how the game is intended to be played.

#8477 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Just be sure to remain focused. Don't monkey around!

Lol

#8478 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry but I am no fan of changing the game to make it easier to me. Be sure to mention that if you are posting any scores as that is not how the game is intended to be played.

It’s intended to be played for fun... I’ll be sure to post all me settings with my scores just as long as you be sure to post all your settings, along with a disclaimer that you only play the game the “way it was meant to be played” and that you are a true pinball purest.

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

It’s intended to be played for fun... I’ll be sure to post all me settings with my scores just as long as you be sure to post all your settings, along with a disclaimer that you only play the game the “way it was meant to be played” and that you are a true pinball purest.

I think everyone knows that you post the scores normally with no tweaks, and if adding tweaks, then it needs to be mentioned.

Sorry, fun to me isnt making it easier to run through the game. Fun to me is learning how to play better and to finally achieve what you werent able to before.

#8480 4 years ago

Just putting this out there for the love of WOZ.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83235

IMG_3603 (resized).JPGIMG_3603 (resized).JPG
#8481 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry, fun to me isnt making it easier to run through the game.

I see you are new to this machine and to this thread. I also see that you’ve received a lot help/support from the excellent people here. If you are looking to be the fun police, maybe you should think of going somewhere else. Here, people are really kind and helpful. We get excited about our WOZ machines, and share with one another in a positive way.

#8482 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I see you are new to this machine and to this thread. I also see that you’ve received a lot help/support from the excellent people here. If you are looking to be the fun police, maybe you should think of going somewhere else. Here, people are really kind and helpful. We get excited about our WOZ machines, and share with one another in a positive way.

Lol, I think you are getting a bit sensitive. My main issue was with people tweaking the game to make it easier and then posting scores. I am a score player. I like to see how I compare to others out there. Yes, I know, all machines play differently, but tweaking a game to allow it to be easier, in turn, getting better scores, just isnt apples to apples.

You want to go and make it easier for you and you find that fun, you go right ahead. Ill never understand it myself but my main point was to be taken about the scoring.

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I am a score player. I like to see how I compare to others out there.

Talk about sensitivity. Sheesh. You are ultra sensitive. Policing others’ posts so that you make sure your score comparisons don’t become tainted at some point in the future. I mentioned nothing about scores. I don’t post scores. Simply pointed out a piece of the game that was fun to me, thought I’d share with y’all, and here you are, the fun police, the score police.

WOZ is a fun game! It has rainbows on it! Lighten up Francis.

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Talk about sensitivity. Sheesh. You are ultra sensitive. Policing others’ posts so that you make sure your score comparisons don’t become tainted at some point in the future. I mentioned nothing about scores. I don’t post scores. Simply pointed out a piece of the game that was fun to me, thought I’d share with y’all, and here you are, the fun police, the score police.
WOZ is a fun game! It has rainbows on it! Lighten up Francis.

Lol, ok mr. sensitive. Time to grow some pinballs...

#8485 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow. Maybe you know. Maybe not. But you are becoming a troll. The others here may wish to stay tuned to find out but not me. My first pinsider ignored.

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Wow. Maybe you know. Maybe not. But you are becoming a troll. The others here may wish to stay tuned to find out but not me. My first pinsider ignored.

Look whos talking. I made one comment with valid reason and you freak out and act like a 6 year old. Get over it dude..

#8487 4 years ago

Just curious, has anyone seen these pinblades in person? Curious of what they think?

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-gameblades

#8488 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I wonder who got that NIB ECLE for $6500, what a deal!

I saw that when it wasn’t sold yet. I gave it some thought and when I saw it again, it was sold. I just worried about a relatively early run sitting for 6 years. What issues would be experienced? Of course, for 6500, you could spend a bit on fixes and still be in great shape.

Snooze and you lose.

Sincerely,
Loser. .

#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I saw that when it wasn’t sold yet. I gave it some thought and when I saw it again, it was sold. I just worried about a relatively early run sitting for 6 years. What issues would be experienced? Of course, for 6500, you could spend a bit on fixes and still be in great shape.
Snooze and you lose.
Sincerely,
Loser. .

LOL!

I dont know, for $6,500, I probably would have jumped on it. Although having to change the light boards sounds like a mega chore. Worth the trade off?? hmmnnnn

#8490 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Y’all probably know this already, but on the off chance ya don’t, as I didn’t, this little post sure does make it easier to get rescue multi-ball. Now I’m battling the witch all the time. Previously prevented by rescue multiball. I didn’t even know this option was available until I started putting Cliffys on this thing. [quoted image]

This is how my WOZ came from factory. I wonder if it was a mistake or normal.

D7ED341D-F90C-45A3-8EB0-D1F4F6A9162E (resized).jpegD7ED341D-F90C-45A3-8EB0-D1F4F6A9162E (resized).jpeg
#8491 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

LOL!
I dont know, for $6,500, I probably would have jumped on it. Although having to change the light boards sounds like a mega chore. Worth the trade off?? hmmnnnn

I thought about buying it, upgrading the light boards and trying to flip it for $8500 or more but decided I would rather see someone else hopefully get a good deal on it.

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This is how my WOZ came from factory. I wonder if it was a mistake or normal.[quoted image]

Mine came with the pole in the left hole. They call it normal difficulty in the user manual.
The only one I moved is the one on the Toto outlane it was draining too much for me so I moved it to the left.

Truth is I wanted to do the same on the left outlane but my rail is too long so I cant fit the pole. I gave up on the idea didnt feel into cutting the rail.

There is a section in scores to report what difficulty setting the pinball is in, so the issue mentioned above is covered already.

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Mine came with the pole in the left hole. They call it normal difficulty in the user manual.
The only one I moved is the one on the Toto outlane it was draining too much for me so I moved it to the left.
Truth is I wanted to do the same on the left outlane but my rail is too long so I cant fit the pole. I gave up on the idea didnt feel into cutting the rail.
There is a section in scores to report what difficulty setting the pinball is in, so the issue mentioned above is covered already.

Actually, if you remove the plastic you will see that rail has another hole to the right of current position. Once it's moved you can move the post to the right and it fits correctly.

#8494 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I thought about buying it, upgrading the light boards and trying to flip it for $8500 or more but decided I would rather see someone else hopefully get a good deal on it.

Well that was nice of you. And I bet you certainly could have sold it for that easily... Either way, someone is happy!

#8495 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey rager - I wasn't going to say anything but then you're telling someone to grow pinballs? How about you don't be a jerk off and care so much about how many points you get on a big toy?

Guess what? Nobody cares

#8496 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey rager - I wasn't going to say anything but then you're telling someone to grow pinballs? How about you don't be a jerk off and care so much about how many points you get on a big toy?
Guess what? Nobody cares

I told him that after he repeatedly kept going at me. Ive never seen someone get so uptight over something so simple..

This is pinball, the machine is made for scoring. That is the point of the machine.

#8497 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I told him that after he repeatedly kept going at me. Ive never seen someone get so uptight over something so simple..
This is pinball, the machine is made for scoring. That is the point of the machine.

The machine is made for having fun, and this thread is made for helping each other and sharing our joy of owning a WOZ. That is the point of the machine (and that is the point of the thread).

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Actually, if you remove the plastic you will see that rail has another hole to the right of current position. Once it's moved you can move the post to the right and it fits correctly.

Hahaha, I feel very dumb right now ! I didn't not remove the plastic all I did was cursing at JJP for giving me a rail too long

#8499 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not for me it isn't and many others.... It's about having fun.. Point being no one wants to hear you tell others about how a game should be setup. I'm seeing you do the same thing in the Ghostbusers thread. It's douchey. Just stop it.

Then you're telling a guy to grow a pair? That's just too much. Chill.

#8500 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The machine is made for having fun, and this thread is made for helping each other and sharing our joy of owning a WOZ. That is the point of the machine (and that is the point of the thread).

I think the point is being lost. My only comment was that I dont understand why people choose to make it easier an if they do, just mention that if posting scores.

None of which is a big deal or to be taken offensively.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/170?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.