Topic Stats

• 9,534 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 234 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSC_0038 (resized).JPG
DSC_0036 (resized).JPG
20191205_202507 (resized).jpg
D2DA45AC-3A56-48BD-98C6-EB2903FF7D72 (resized).jpeg
47C2011B-630B-4BA7-82EB-45ABCC0B6895 (resized).png
DSC_0022 (resized).JPG
DSC_0020 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DED6513E-F647-4711-B14A-D594529874BE (resized).jpeg
30674CF5-079D-4129-87F9-61AEFAF9493E (resized).jpeg
56939621-EAF0-454A-8863-244B662F308E (resized).jpeg
F9188C71-7432-4F17-AC93-06373D13BB5B (resized).jpeg
CAF64695-00D2-4317-9D1F-56DCC33D9763 (resized).jpeg
E34121FE-22A1-4CCB-9777-1B217BC9D3D1 (resized).jpeg
A4AB663B-996E-42AF-80D1-4AD0D512E9CC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9534 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 191.
#801 4 years ago

You are thinking SWOTRB.

#802 4 years ago

SOTR.

#803 4 years ago

Gotcha...thought so. With how hard TNPLH is, there should be a last completed initials spot for that too! HAHA!

#804 4 years ago

anyone else have issues with the trough opto boards? Game wasn't recognizing a drain. Seems like it might be a flaky connector. If so is there a way to make the connectors more stable? Hack glue? oops, meant hot glue.

#805 4 years ago

Well that sucks

image.jpg
#806 4 years ago

Ouch, when was your game made?

#807 4 years ago

Last night I completed TOTO save #3 for the first time, 3 shots, hit the 3rd one(crystal ball) just a millesecond before the flippers cut out, in fact the screen animation was already saying too late, then the ball fell in the hole and Toto escaped, what an awesome feeling!!

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Well that sucks

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That blows

#809 4 years ago

It's looks a little like mine around the winkie but mine's not as bad. it's more of a chipping than wearing down. You need to dial down the pops a bit and repair any damage like this pronto. Then cover with a protective -I had nothing else but Gorilla tape but it worked.

#810 4 years ago

Mine was built July 2013. I don't know if this is in the timeframe
Of games made by the original supplier which JJP seems to think had an inferior process than what they currently use.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mine was built July 2013. I don't know if this is in the timeframe
Of games made by the original supplier which JJP seems to think had an inferior process than what they currently use.

I would check with JJP to see if it was one of those PF's from the problematic mfg.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I would check with JJP to see if it was one of those PF's from the problematic mfg.

It was.

#813 4 years ago

Mine was August 2014 and I got the chipping. No chipping over the wood part but the plastic might have adhesion problems. The plastic diamond near the winkie was painted to look like a diamond but is much larger when view from the underside. Also the ball comes to a quick stop with the winkie up and you get some digging in kind of like the Shadow santum . I fixed it and you really can't tell but you ought to be aware of it - shine a light on the area and look for bubbling.

#814 4 years ago

As I have been looking into what my next pin will be, I've been reading quite a bit about WoZ, and I remember reading somewhere that folks were looking for the rules for WoZ. Not sure if someone has already posted it, but they have a rule sheet up at PAPA. http://papa.org/2015/05/18/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet/

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

As I have been looking into what my next pin will be, I've been reading quite a bit about WoZ, and I remember reading somewhere that folks were looking for the rules for WoZ. Not sure if someone has already posted it, but they have a rule sheet up at PAPA. http://papa.org/2015/05/18/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet/

Thanks for posting. What is the contact to give them feedback on things that are incomplete?

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks for posting. What is the contact to give them feedback on things that are incomplete?

Not sure. I'm not affiliated with them, but on their site is a contact us. I'd assume you'd use this link. http://papa.org/about-papa/contact-us/

#817 4 years ago

Wish papa would do a strategy vid of OZ...

#818 4 years ago

I wonder if the strategy is actually very simple because of the stackability. That is, maybe the strategy is as straightforward as:
1) Stack everything (Emerald City, Rescue, Fireball, Muchkin, Crystal Ball, Haunted Forest)
2) Don't drain

This may be more of a theoretical exercise than a practical strategy, but I wonder if it really is possible to stack everything listed above.

#819 4 years ago

when a ball gets locked behind the Winkie drop target should the drop target go down in ball search? Just had this happen and it never lowered the target.

#820 4 years ago

ALL stacks are possible outside of the Wicked Witch Battle. Best stack I've had was Emerald City + Flipper Frenzy + Haunted Multiball + Munchkin Multiball. BIG POINTS.

I've said this before, but there are so many strategies. Lately I've been playing solely for bonus. Starting Emerald City with either Lights On or Off, then starting either Munchkin Frenzy or Welcome to Munchkinland can rack up a TON of points. For Munchkinland I'll do nothing but hit the ramp over and over with 2-3 balls cycling at all times. In frenzy I go for the pops. Easily 100,000+ for either of those modes with the crystal ball multiplier. Add in the HOADC multipliers for bonus and everything soars. Best bonus has been around 820,000. Still shooting for 1 million.

I've been meaning to get to a strategy video but time has been short. Someday...

#821 4 years ago

Coming late to the party. I just order a 75th annaversary WOZ from Gary at Abel. I can't wait for its arrival.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wish papa would do a strategy vid of OZ...

Checkout pinballvideos which aggregates the papa videos. Then check out the Papa Live episode for WOZ.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Coming late to the party. I just order a 75th annaversary WOZ from Gary at Abel. I can't wait for its arrival.

Congrats, it's an awesome machine!

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Checkout pinballvideos which aggregates the papa videos. Then check out the Papa Live episode for WOZ.

Link?

#825 4 years ago

Regarding the WOZ rulesheet at papa:

Quoted from DCFAN:

I wrote the first draft... you can contact me here or at tiesmasc at yahoo dot com

Definitely need the help!!!

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

when a ball gets locked behind the Winkie drop target should the drop target go down in ball search? Just had this happen and it never lowered the target.

The drop target should go down in ball search. I was doing some glass off checking of the Haunted rules (see other thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2#post-2462369 ) and saw that the drop target does go down when ball search is cycling . There is a small second coil on the drop target mechanism that causes the target to drop.

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The drop target should go down in ball search. I was doing some glass off checking of the Haunted rules (see other thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-rulesheet-2#post-2462369 ) and saw that the drop target does go down when ball search is cycling . There is a small second coil on the drop target mechanism that causes the target to drop.

I was playing a game on WOZ the other night. The ball got stuck behind the drop target. The game went into ball search....the drop target never dropped. I had to shut the game off, remove the PF glass, and remove the ball myself.

I think JJP should do a software update that will make the drop target drop during ball searches.

#829 4 years ago

My machine drops the target during ball search. It clears a ball stuck behind it. Perhaps there is a minor misadjustment on your machine.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was playing a game on WOZ the other night. The ball got stuck behind the drop target. The game went into ball search....the drop target never dropped. I had to shut the game off, remove the PF glass, and remove the ball myself.
I think JJP should do a software update that will make the drop target drop during ball searches.

Is your software from the last couple versions?
Also, you may want to go into coil test while the Winkie target is up and test the coil to see if it is working to make the target drop.

#831 4 years ago

whats your strategy for shooting the behind the flipper shot for horse of a different color?

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

whats your strategy for shooting the behind the flipper shot for horse of a different color?

I usually do not do it on purpose. I don't see it as valuable enough to warrant the risk.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I usually do not do it on purpose. I don't see it as valuable enough to warrant the risk.

It's EXTREMELY valuable if you did well on a munchkin mode that ball. WELL worth getting.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's EXTREMELY valuable if you did well on a munchkin mode that ball. WELL worth getting.

Are you saying the horse of a different color behind flipper shot factors into the end of ball bonus?

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you saying the horse of a different color behind flipper shot factors into the end of ball bonus?

Yes. It multiplies your munchkin mode scores (add 0.5 multiplier for every successful HOADC completion).

It has to be on the same ball though.

#836 4 years ago

are you shooting it by holding the right flipper and shooting it with a left cradle and trapping it into the lane? or by some kind of backhand shenanigans. I do it mostly by luck when i'm doing a multiball cradle.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I tend to backhand it from the right flipper. If the ball rolls up the flipper just right, I'll shoot it. But it is dangerous to shoot at. More often than not, horses lead to drains for me.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes. It multiplies your munchkin mode scores (add 0.5 multiplier for every successful HOADC completion).
It has to be on the same ball though.

If I'm remembering correctly, there's actually a whole table full of possible multipliers based on your collection of horses. I want to say up to like 6x for 3 different non-rainbow horses, plus a cow. I still don't ever shoot at it on purpose. I'm playing for progression first, points second.

Edit: No, I was wrong, the multiplier I was thinking of was for the HOADC cashout score. Here's the rules for the Munchkin multiplier.

+ Munchkin Multiplier: Now, when successfully completing a HOADC level, you
are awarded a Munchkin Multiplier which affects any and all Munchkin modes
you played that ball. Winning a 4-horse level adds .5x; 5-horse 1x; 6-horse
1.5x; and 7-horse 2x. The maximum is 10x. Remember this is scored at end
of ball bonus now.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If I'm remembering correctly, there's actually a whole table full of possible multipliers based on your collection of horses. I want to say up to like 6x for 3 different non-rainbow horses, plus a cow. I still don't ever shoot at it on purpose. I'm playing for progression first, points second.
Edit: No, I was wrong, the multiplier I was thinking of was for the HOADC cashout score. Here's the rules for the Munchkin multiplier.

+ Munchkin Multiplier: Now, when successfully completing a HOADC level, you
are awarded a Munchkin Multiplier which affects any and all Munchkin modes
you played that ball. Winning a 4-horse level adds .5x; 5-horse 1x; 6-horse
1.5x; and 7-horse 2x. The maximum is 10x. Remember this is scored at end
of ball bonus now.

I am confused by the horse thing. I thought the bottom left of the screen only went up to 5 horses/cows. How do you get 6 or 7 horses?

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How do you get 6 or 7 horses?

After each successful HOADC collect, the next one increases the number of horses you have to collect.

Quoted from chasosaur:

Horse of a Different Color
* Hit four horses then shoot the COLLECT under the right center field flipper which drops the ball back into the plunger.
* Points Breakdown (Taken again from a Buckaroo65 post… Thanks!)
Cow (White): 500 points
Rainbow (RB): 400 points
Red: 350 points
Orange: 300 points
Yellow: 250 points
Green: 200 points
Blue: 150 points
Violet: 100 points
* Add these values up, and then multiply the total based on the following conditions
Success – Each horse is a different color or all horses are the same color
Multiplier: # of horses (4 - 7)
Raises the # of horses to collect the next round. Maximum is 7
Failure – At least two different colors and at least two horses with the same color
Multiplier: 0.5
Decreases the # of horses to collect the next round. Minimum is 4
Rainbow Horse – Acts like a wild card, and is always different from any other horse
Multiplier: 0.5
All One Color – Still counts as Success
Multiplier: 3
All Rainbows – Still counts as Success
Multiplier: 5
*Horse lights are relit and randomized at the top lane (OZ) slingshot
*Scoring Examples
4 RB: 32,000 = (400 + 400 + 400 + 400) * 4 (Success) * 5 (All Rainbows)
Y, G, B, V: 2,800 = (250 + 200 + 150 + 100) * 4 (Success)
Y, G, B, RB: 2,000 = (250 + 200 + 150 + 400) * 4 (Success) * 0.5 (Rainbow)
Y, B, V, V: 300 = (250 + 150 + 100 + 100) * 0.5 (Failure)
V, V, G, RB: 200 = (100 + 100 + 200 + 400) * 0.5 (Failure) * 0.5 (Rainbow)

Quoted from DCFAN:

I am confused by the horse thing.

I don't know what there is to be confused about.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

After each successful HOADC collect, the next one increases the number of horses you have to collect.

I don't know what there is to be confused about.

Thanks, that clarifies it for me.
That is what I was confused about. I did not know the collect was how the number of horses increased.

#842 4 years ago

Thanks! Pretty much everything i figured

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks, that clarifies it for me.

Sorry if the joke didn't come across. I was being sarcastic since I think the HOADC rules are one of the most complicated set of rules I've come across in pinball.

#844 4 years ago

ok i think im going to join the club, who has them at the best price? I was going to get a standard with shaker, am I correct the rest of the models are just more bling? I wont miss any playing features if I get the standard right?. They look to be $8000 for standard, if you know of anything better, maybe a free shaker etc, please chime in. thanks for any advice. (besides my house and car ive never bought anything so damn expensive in my life, what am i doing, this is sick???

#845 4 years ago

Yes, you are sick. Welcome. You are correct that the only differences are bling: backglass, topper, armor, wire ramps. The game play is identical across all editions aside from the shaker that you mentioned, which is standard in some editions.

#846 4 years ago

There was an ECLE for sale on here for $7500...I dont know if its still available.

#847 4 years ago

I think the main obstacle for Kahanaohana getting a used Woz is an address in Hawaii. How would that even work?

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I think the main obstacle for Kahanaohana getting a used Woz is an address in Hawaii. How would that even work?

you can throw anything on the barge, weight doesnt matter. Its about $150 for a pin to be shipped and I get it from dock. we have 6 so far, not too hard.

#849 4 years ago

My WOZ RR 75th Anniversary arrived today (#680)!! What a beauty!! All my wife and I can say is WOW!! What a light show
We went over everything upon setting it up, everything stayed tight through shipping. Played like a champ from the get go!! The topper was cracked, but there's no room for it anyways, so I'll get that exchanged soon. No biggie!
Well, i'm heading back to play some more, have a fun evening folks

WOZ Pinball.jpg
#850 4 years ago

Just received a text and Email from Gary at Abel electronics. WOZ shipped out today!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wimberley, TX
There are 9534 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 191.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside