Topic Stats

• 10,062 posts
  • 541 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADAF00D1-AA88-4CBA-B5F5-635F4E407046 (resized).jpeg
Ball1 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
Ball2 (resized).jpg
Screen2 (resized).jpg
52707863-FA40-4711-B0D6-A86FC912615C (resized).png
9E8A673B-D4AB-4D24-8ED8-FC55FCA034A0 (resized).jpeg
1DBF8770-DEB3-41A6-8DCD-B36943B16F21 (resized).jpeg
049469D1-DFE5-43B1-B5C7-41D3E0C289E8 (resized).jpeg
20200304_084910 (resized).jpg
C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10062 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 202.
#8401 8 months ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Looking for touch up paint to fix a tiny scratch on a rail on my ecle. Has anyone had to do this? If so, what paint did you use?

Its powder coated.

So any close match point marker will do.

See what Michaels has.

#8402 8 months ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Looking for touch up paint to fix a tiny scratch on a rail on my ecle. Has anyone had to do this? If so, what paint did you use?

I posted a while back and spent a lot of time trying to match my RR powder coat. What I ended up using was UV cure nail polish. It's not cheap and you need a UV light as well as some other products (base coat, top coat). I also ordered some Krylon sparkly paint from amazon (and a matching base coat) which I used to paint a pinball just to see what it would look like. It's close, but not perfect. I happened to have the nail polish (or my wife did) so I didn't shop for it and don't know which would work for ECLE.

The ModFather paints stuff that matches decently, but I am not sure how closely it will match while doing a touchup. He told me the paint he used for the RR, might tell you what he used for ECLE.

#8403 8 months ago

Hey guys, got my replacement machine and everything is good. Noticed that the wizard etching is hardly lit. The three lights are on but dont seem bright at all and its hard to even see any green through the etching. Any Ideas?

#8404 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys, got my replacement machine and everything is good. Noticed that the wizard etching is hardly lit. The three lights are on but dont seem bright at all and its hard to even see any green through the etching. Any Ideas?

Pic? Likely a bad LED strip since it's really all that there is to that light. Make sure it is firmly plugged in under the playfield. Otherwise simple swap if they need to send you a new one.

#8405 8 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Pic? Likely a bad LED strip since it's really all that there is to that light. Make sure it is firmly plugged in under the playfield. Otherwise simple swap if they need to send you a new one.

Here are pics. the second pic, you can see the green lights under the etching on. Again, they seem dim..

20190728_192419 (resized).jpg20190728_192436 (resized).jpg
#8406 8 months ago

Very. Contact JJP support through the website or email.

#8407 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Here are pics. the second pic, you can see the green lights under the etching on. Again, they seem dim..[quoted image][quoted image]

Led strip is bad. They go very easily

#8408 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Here are pics. the second pic, you can see the green lights under the etching on. Again, they seem dim..[quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure the green LED strip is directly under the wizard and not slid slightly behind him. Raise him up and move the strip forward if needed then lower him back down.

#8413 8 months ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

This one's fairly close for the rail. But it has to be very thin - too thick and it starts to get too dark.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Model-Master-Pearl-Dark-Green-Gloss-Enamel-Paint-1-2-oz-14-7ml-2779-Testors/173625842058?ss

#8414 8 months ago
Quoted from psexton:

Make sure the green LED strip is directly under the wizard and not slid slightly behind him. Raise him up and move the strip forward if needed then lower him back down.

Yea I thought that at first. I actually took the etching off as well as the light strip and played around with it, nothing would light up the etching.

I filled out a support form on JJP.com...

#8415 8 months ago

Two questions for you guys.

Can anyone with the Pingraffix JJP Pinblades share pictures? I got a set but they seem quite dark and have been hesitant to put them on. Curious.

Second, I noticed last night that my back box bolts stick out quite a bit inside the cabinet. Is this normal for this game? I can push it in to get it flat which pushes the bolt outward on the outside, but it ends up working itself back to where it was...

#8416 8 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Raise the rubber on the flipper bat so it is hitting higher on the ball.

Thank you ! I never thought about doing that, and it sorted everything out. I wish I asked sooner I'm sure I would have avoided a few dimples on the playfield.

#8417 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Two questions for you guys.
Can anyone with the Pingraffix JJP Pinblades share pictures? I got a set but they seem quite dark and have been hesitant to put them on. Curious.
Second, I noticed last night that my back box bolts stick out quite a bit inside the cabinet. Is this normal for this game? I can push it in to get it flat which pushes the bolt outward on the outside, but it ends up working itself back to where it was...

How about a video?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/a8heXH1fpd7f6ARB6

I think those are the ones you're asking about.

The shoulder bolts don't tighten to the cabinet, they have a collar on them which prevent them from squeezing the cabinet so they can act as hinges. IF they are tightened together then you're set.

#8418 8 months ago

How about a video?
The shoulder bolts don't tighten to the cabinet, they have a collar on them which prevent them from squeezing the cabinet so they can act as hinges. IF they are tightened together then you're set.

Great thanks! I do feel mine are darker than normal...

And thanks for the info on the shoulder bolts. I thought they were supposed to be against the cabinet.. They are tight. I couldnt even get them unscrewed and didnt want to crank on them if they arent a problem.

#8419 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Great thanks! I do feel mine are darker than normal...
And thanks for the info on the shoulder bolts. I thought they were supposed to be against the cabinet.. They are tight. I couldnt even get them unscrewed and didnt want to crank on them if they arent a problem.

It's a bit tight to undo them, for sure. But I realized that you don't need to. I did it on my POTC and then realized the WOZ already had the cutouts. So you should be fine to not have to talk them off.

#8420 8 months ago

It's a bit tight to undo them, for sure. But I realized that you don't need to. I did it on my POTC and then realized the WOZ already had the cutouts. So you should be fine to not have to talk them off.

Im actually not sure the cutouts on the pinblades are large enough. Will need to double check that. But I am going to be sending back my pinblades as im not overly impressed with them. The colors seem overly saturated making it all seem too dark compared to pictures ive seen.

#8421 8 months ago

Has anyone ever purchased any mods from WOZMODS.com?

I saw this decal package and it seems like a good deal. Just want to make sure the quality is there...
ebay.com link » Complete Wizard Of Oz Pinball Target Decal Set For Woz Standard Le Or 75th Mod
http://wozmods.com/index3.htm

#8422 8 months ago

How about a video?

Harry, that's a nicely lit playfield! Do you have Pinstadiums on the machine or just overhead lighting when you took the video? Or is it just the added spots?

#8423 8 months ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Harry, that's a nicely lit playfield! Do you have Pinstadiums on the machine or just overhead lighting when you took the video? Or is it just the added spots?

I see a lot of spotlights. 7 added from what I can see..

Where do the spotlights connect to on this machine? Since everything is light boards, im not as familiar I would like to add spots as well and I have some extras..

#8424 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I see a lot of spotlights.
Where do the spotlights connect to on this machine? Since everything is light boards, im not as familiar I would like to add spots as well and I have some extras..

Harry has a great tutorial:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-custom-woz-lighting-upgrade-kit#post-5001149

#8426 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I saw this decal package and it seems like a good deal. Just want to make sure the quality is there...
ebay.com link » Complete Wizard Of Oz Pinball Target Decal Set For Woz Standard Le Or 75th Mod

I have bought a few things from them, including the decal package. I have had them on my WOZRR for over 2 years. All holding up well and look good. The only one that shows any wear at all is the Glenda decal, but that one takes a beating so I expect it there.

#8427 8 months ago

has anyone designed something to cover what appears to be a metal tab right in front of the emerald city? It really is the only thing that stands out that's not "pretty" to look at....

#8428 8 months ago

So WOZ is now sustaining my tendency to procrastinate !

I left on holidays 2 weeks ago and my throne room led strip was dead. Came back yesterday turned on my pinball and it works like a charm !

#8429 8 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

I left on holidays 2 weeks ago and my throne room led strip was dead. Came back yesterday turned on my pinball and it works like a charm !

Sounds like the wizard paid your game a visit when you were gone!

#8430 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My order just showed up today. They look pretty damn nice.

#8431 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I purchased from them and have had no problems. Go for it!

#8432 8 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

They’re temperamental mate. Mine had a bad connection. Just needs a tweak every once in a while!!

#8433 8 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

I have bought a few things from them, including the decal package. I have had them on my WOZRR for over 2 years. All holding up well and look good. The only one that shows any wear at all is the Glenda decal, but that one takes a beating so I expect it there.

Quoted from bigbadmiker:

My order just showed up today. They look pretty damn nice.

Thanks!

#8434 8 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

They’re temperamental mate. Mine had a bad connection. Just needs a tweak every once in a while!!

That's where I keep thinking about unplugging the shaker motor, I'm sure it helps avoiding the bad temper !

#8435 8 months ago

Is there a way to see total games played after you have updated the code? Seems like it reset everything going to the newest code.

Thanks

#8436 8 months ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Is there a way to see total games played after you have updated the code? Seems like it reset everything going to the newest code.
Thanks

Did you backup your settings?

#8437 8 months ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Thanks

I would believe it wipes everything clean when you do an update.

#8438 8 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would believe it wipes everything clean when you do an update.

That may be true when doing a full update but again if you backup your settings and audits and then restore them it should preserve everything.

#8439 8 months ago

Full install updates - which re-write the hard drive - clear the audits and settings whereas deltas do not - so always back up your settings using the utilities menu on a separate stick and restore them after doing a full install. Saves a lot of hassle.

#8440 8 months ago

I was playing my WOZ RR yesterday and got the flying monkey to pick up the ball, things were great, but then the ball fell of the ledge its supposed to sit on . Oh well

#8441 8 months ago

Mine has done that a couple of times too. Check the rubber strip at the edge where the ball drops into the trough - i angled mine towards staying in the trough rather than level and hoping it stays in there.

#8442 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was playing my WOZ RR yesterday and got the flying monkey to pick up the ball, things were great, but then the ball fell of the ledge its supposed to sit on . Oh well

It's all usually monkey home microswitch related - if he stops one thread or more too late (travels too far up the hill) the ball hits the round ball guide and spins back off the castle playfield and down. If he stops one or more threads too soon (less common), the ball doesn't make it all the way up to the drop "pocket" and falls down. Adjust the home microswitch accordingly just a tad until he drops it where he is supposed to drop it.

#8443 8 months ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Mine has done that a couple of times too. Check the rubber strip at the edge where the ball drops into the trough - i angled mine towards staying in the trough rather than level and hoping it stays in there.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It's all usually monkey home microswitch related - if he stops one thread or more too late (travels too far up the hill) the ball hits the round ball guide and spins back off the castle playfield and down. If he stops one or more threads too soon (less common), the ball doesn't make it all the way up to the drop "pocket" and falls down. Adjust the home microswitch accordingly just a tad until he drops it where he is supposed to drop it.

Great advice, gents. Thank you.

#8444 8 months ago

After two years or so of having the game I finally melted the witch, sheesh.

IMG_20190731_163559 (resized).jpg
#8445 8 months ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

After two years or so of having the game I finally melted the witch, sheesh.[quoted image]

Awesome!

#8446 8 months ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

After two years or so of having the game I finally melted the witch, sheesh.[quoted image]

Congratulations!!

#8447 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That may be true when doing a full update but again if you backup your settings and audits and then restore them it should preserve everything.

Yes, but from what he wrote, I didnt sound like it was backed up.

#8448 8 months ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

Time to sell it now.

#8449 8 months ago

Can anyone with a WOZ JJP supplied shaker please take the cover off of it and tell me which wire has the cap on it?
One wire will be a solid color and should be the supply side. The other wire will have a stripe on it and should be the control side. I need to know if the cap goes to the solid color wire or the wire with a stripe.

If possible, please trace that control wire with the stripe to the plug in the game to see if it connects to the striped wire from the harness.

I just installed two shaker motors - one in JJP Pirates and the other in WOZ. I got both from Pinball Life. The shaker is made specifically for Pirates. The one I installed in WOZ is the generic.

Both have the electrolytic caps. I traced the wiring and the cap in the JJP shaker is on the power supply side, not the control side. The one I installed in WOZ ends up having the cap on the control side.

The attached picture is from the Pinball Life supplied JJP Pirates compatible shaker and shows the solid yellow going to the cap. The striped control wire yellow is on the non-cap side.

Thanks.

IMG_5488 (resized).jpg
#8450 8 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

tell me which wire has the cap on it?

Positive to yellow wire negative to motor case.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 16.95
There are 10062 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 202.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside