767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 306.
#8301 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There is a small connector for the monkey sensor at the bottom center edge of the playfield.
Hard to see. You can look at it with the playfied raised.
You can feel it from the bottom rear with the playfield pulled out to its furthest service position.
Its loose. Unplug it and replug it in firmly.
Mine has fallen of before. I widened a couple pins on it and now its snug.
Also check that the little monkey sensor PC board isnt loose and changing position. It's on the rear of the backboard. It just has to be snug, not over tightened

Ive noticed that if the playfield is down almost all the way where the metal hinges under the lock down bar are, if they are resting on the metal, the sensor is normal, if I lower it even about a centimeter, it triggers the sensor on. I cant find anything to be causing it.

#8302 4 years ago

Here is the difference of when the field is down and up. Up and the sensor is normal, down and it gets triggered.

down (resized).jpgdown (resized).jpgup (resized).jpgup (resized).jpg
#8303 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Here is the difference of when the field is down and up. Up and the sensor is normal, down and it gets triggered.

Nice toes.

Monkey sense switch is mounted with two screws on the back side of the rear wall of the playfield. Directly behind the magnet pole in the rear lane of the playfield. Follow it's two wires. It plugs in nearby near the center lower of the raised playfield. I'd reseat it a couple times and then be sure it is plugged in tight.

LTG : )

#8304 4 years ago

And now my flippers are an issue. They wont hold if you hold the flipper buttons, just a quick flip.

This game is going back to the distributor. Its a brick..

#8305 4 years ago

So I did a power cycle and the flippers work again normally but still having strange issues with the Throne Room VUK. It works sometimes and other times it doesnt and has to do a coil check, all while in the same game.

I am completely out of ideas at this point.

#8306 4 years ago

Forgive as I haven’t read all the posts in detail but it sounds like a connector on the main board may be loosely seated. I had similar problem with my flipper and it turned out the connector on board was just sat loosely on the pins. Sometimes the connection was good and all worked fine, others it wouldn’t work at all.
Worth a check. And if you’ve already tried this. My apologies

#8307 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nice toes.
Monkey sense switch is mounted with two screws on the back side of the rear wall of the playfield. Directly behind the magnet pole in the rear lane of the playfield. Follow it's two wires. It plugs in nearby near the center lower of the raised playfield. I'd reseat it a couple times and then be sure it is plugged in tight.

haha, i noticed that after I posted! lol.

The monkey sense, I believe, is working. When I disabled the monkey mech, the magnet began working. Again, I feel its due to the Monkey Castle Switch being triggered for no reason and keeping the monkey down at the playfield..

#8308 4 years ago

Just came into possession of a WOZ RR the other day and am super stoked...one last thing on my going thru the game I was hoping someone has seen.

The game doesn't seem to recognize the headphone jack. The jack itself is illuminated (volume indicator lights) when you turn the game on, but I'm getting nothing out when I plug in headphones. I reseated the connector both at the jack and at the computer with no luck.

In the options menu, the game doesn't seem to recognize I have a headphone jack as the options associated with headphones are greyed out and cannot be modified. I'm on 7.01 code.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The game doesn't seem to recognize the headphone jack. The jack itself is illuminated (volume indicator lights) when you turn the game on, but I'm getting nothing out when I plug in headphones. I reseated the connector both at the jack and at the computer with no luck.

There is a black plastic slide switch between the indicator light board and metal coin door. Try messing with that, in case it is off.

#8310 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a black plastic slide switch between the indicator light board and metal coin door. Try messing with that, in case it is off.

Gave that a shot, didn't even see that back there, no dice in both the up or down position. I can hear clicking thru my headphones when I press volume up or down, but no actual audio thru them.

Attached what the settings menu looks like in case that's at all helpful. Thanks for the quick reply!

20190721_185829 (resized).jpg20190721_185829 (resized).jpg
#8311 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Gave that a shot, didn't even see that back there, no dice in both the up or down position. I can hear clicking thru my headphones when I press volume up or down, but no actual audio thru them.
Attached what the settings menu looks like in case that's at all helpful. Thanks for the quick reply![quoted image]

No.

It's the switch in the coin door.

Or a loose cable from it.

#8312 4 years ago

No.
It's the switch in the coin door.
Or a loose cable from it.

The black switch on the board on the headphone jack in the coin door, yes? Or a different switch, which, I'll admit, if there's another switch there, I didn't see it.

I tried the switch suggested above. Apologies if I'm not understanding appropriately or missing something else that's there. I haven't yet checked the manual (that was my next step to see if I missed something) but only saw one cable between the headphone jack and the cpu, which I checked at both ends.

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The black switch on the board on the headphone jack in the coin door, yes? Or a different switch, which, I'll admit, if there's another switch there, I didn't see it.
I tried the switch suggested above. Apologies if I'm not understanding appropriately or missing something else that's there. I haven't yet checked the manual (that was my next step to see if I missed something) but only saw one cable between the headphone jack and the cpu, which I checked at both ends.

Tiny Switch upper left inside corner of the coin door.

Should be set to enable.
If you look closely.

Other than that the headphones must be jammed in firmly, all the way in.

Its tight initially, but the jack has to bottom out completely.

The last little bit is important.

I had the same trouble early on.

It does not automatically mute the game speakers.

You have to push the lower button on the outside upper right of the coin door.

The volume adjustment there is for the headphones.

Adjust main volume inside the door also if necessary.

My phones needed to be really firmly pressed in.

Now, perfect.

I also got the external volume control from pinnovators.

It's really nice

#8314 4 years ago

Is there a recent update on this game? If so, wondering if it puts the final wizard mode more in reach?

#8315 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is there a recent update on this game? If so, wondering if it puts the final wizard mode more in reach?

Sorry.

SOTR is sadly out of reach for mere mortals.

#8316 4 years ago

Sorry.
SOTR is sadly out of reach for more mortals.

I pretty much consider melting the witch to be the grand finale for me... and I’m ok with that. I’m glad theres a little something else in there for the ones who can control the ball with their minds.

#8317 4 years ago

Just wanted to mention how impressed I am at the technical advice being given out above. I’m sure it must be maddening to pay $10k for a new pin and not receive a fully working model. I bought a NIB GB in 2017, my second pin after WOZ. I had no issues with WOZ, but GB didn’t work for weeks until a coil and entire node board were replaced, by me, at a time when I had zero experience with pinball repair/maintenance. I felt the same way, $7k+ and the game doesn’t work 100%? I am glad I stuck it out, I still own my GB and WOZ.

Bravo for all the incredibly detailed recent technical support in this thread. So much time devoted to helping other people is fantastic!

#8318 4 years ago

Yes, everyone has been great to try and help. Unfortunately my machine is still riddled with problems..

#8319 4 years ago

Tiny Switch upper left inside corner of the coin door.
Should be set to enable.
If you look closely.
Other than that the headphones must be jammed in firmly, all the way in.
Its tight initially, but the jack has to bottom out completely.
The last little bit is important.
I had the same trouble early on.
It does not automatically mute the game speakers.
You have to push the lower button on the outside upper right of the coin door.
The volume adjustment there is for the headphones.
Adjust main volume inside the door also if necessary.
My phones needed to be really firmly pressed in.
Now, perfect.
I also got the external volume control from pinnovators.
It's really nice

Appreciate it, I'll fiddle with it tonight after work and see where I end up.

#8320 4 years ago

Well, I spoke with Michael at Automated and he was quick to understand my problems and offer a swap with a new machine.

Very happy with them and how they have been regarding my issue and past games.

Its nice when you find a company with great customer service like that.

And another big thanks to everyone on here. I know I sounded like a whiny b*tch at times, but you all tried to help as much as possible and it is GREATLY appreciated!! This forum is awesome!!

#8321 4 years ago

Sorry.
SOTR is sadly out of reach for more mortals.

Quoted from merccat:

I pretty much consider melting the witch to be the grand finale for me... and I’m ok with that. I’m glad theres a little something else in there for the ones who can control the ball with their minds.

Haha, I like that last bit about controlling the mind control!

But just seems like a waste of code if only Keith Elwin and Robert Gagnon are going to see it.

Just kind of wish it was slightly more doable, so that above average players might one day get a chance to see it.

It's a gorgeous game though... Just waiting for someone locally to let go of a nice example

#8322 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Just wanted to mention how impressed I am at the technical advice being given out above. I’m sure it must be maddening to pay $10k for a new pin and not receive a fully working model. I bought a NIB GB in 2017, my second pin after WOZ. I had no issues with WOZ, but GB didn’t work for weeks until a coil and entire node board were replaced, by me, at a time when I had zero experience with pinball repair/maintenance. I felt the same way, $7k+ and the game doesn’t work 100%? I am glad I stuck it out, I still own my GB and WOZ.
Bravo for all the incredibly detailed recent technical support in this thread. So much time devoted to helping other people is fantastic!

Thats funny. You and I are opposites.
I bought WOZ NIB in 2017, which was my second pin after GB. I had no issues with GB, but WOZ had all kinds of issues at first!
I still have my WOZ, whcih taught me everything I know about pinball machine repair and maintenance, but I got rid of my GB quickly. Man that game sucked. Pretty....but dumb!

#8323 4 years ago

Guys with the Tornado mod added.. does that block the emerald city in the background?

#8324 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Guys with the Tornado mod added.. does that block the emerald city in the background?

It does not.
However the upgraded emerald city piece at back alley creations pairs up nicely with the tornado.

The purple accents make it the better choice.

#8325 4 years ago

It does not.
However the upgraded emerald city piece at back alley creations pairs up nicely with the tornado.
The purple accents make it the better choice.

Yes, thats exactly what I want to get. The tornado has purple in it or the city?

#8326 4 years ago

Is anyone attempting a mod to improve or replace the munchkin huts?

#8327 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is anyone attempting a mod to improve or replace the munchkin huts?

Here is a new hut roof that looks great.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-castle-walls-and-cauldron-by-spinny-vinny#post-4081884

#8328 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, thats exactly what I want to get. The tornado has purple in it or the city?

The city.

#8329 4 years ago

Ahh thanks. Didnt realize that..

#8330 4 years ago

Gotta do something about those black screws...

Funny enough, the huts dont bother me the way they are stock..

But further up in that thread... that Witch Cauldron looks great!

#8331 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I appreciate it but lets get real. Anyone spending this kind of money on a game should not have these issues. Its not just one, its been multiple and when one gets fixes, its followed by even more issues. Unacceptable.

This is pinball. Things happen like this. Every single NIB pin I've had has had to have some thing fixed, tweaked, or in some cases even replace parts out of the box etc. And pins will break, and you will have to work on them or fix them.

Now in the rare case there is a ton of problems out of the box, then maybe a swap or something is warranted. Just keep at it.

#8332 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, I spoke with Michael at Automated and he was quick to understand my problems and offer a swap with a new machine.
Very happy with them and how they have been regarding my issue and past games.
Its nice when you find a company with great customer service like that.
And another big thanks to everyone on here. I know I sounded like a whiny b*tch at times, but you all tried to help as much as possible and it is GREATLY appreciated!! This forum is awesome!!

Glad you got a positive outcome! Looks like it was quite a few issues you had as I read the rest of the thread!

#8333 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is pinball. Things happen like this. Every single NIB pin I've had has had to have some thing fixed, tweaked, or in some cases even replace parts out of the box etc. This may not be the hobby for you. And pins will break, and you will have to work on them or fix them.

Ummnn I strongly disagree. I have no problem fixing something that breaks but the amount of issues that I had with this new pin was incredible. With all the help I was receiving, it didnt seem like anyone was familiar enough to be able to fix all these problems either.

The people on here were great to help!

#8334 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Glad you got a positive outcome! Looks like it was quite a few issues you had as I read the rest of the thread!

Keep reading haha.

#8335 4 years ago

My NIB WOZRR75 had a bunch of issues when it was new. JJP was a great help, and really went above & beyond for me.
Plus, all the issues I had forced me to really learn about the machine itself. It kind of taught me everything I know about repairing my machines. Invaluable info!

#8336 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

My NIB WOZRR75 had a bunch of issues when it was new. JJP was a great help, and really went above & beyond for me.
Plus, all the issues I had forced me to really learn about the machine itself. It kind of taught me everything I know about repairing my machines. Invaluable info!

Can I ask what issues you had? My intent is not to bash but to prepare myself for possible future issues... And as you mentioned, with the amount of analyzing I did over the past weekend, I am much more familiar with this machine which is good..

#8337 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Gotta do something about those black screws...
Funny enough, the huts dont bother me the way they are stock..
But further up in that thread... that Witch Cauldron looks great!

The cauldron does look excellent.
I tried reaching out a couple of months ago but got no response.

#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The cauldron does look excellent.
I tried reaching out a couple of months ago but got no response.

Let us know if you have any luck on that. Curious about the size in relation to the witch. As someone on that thread mentioned, it might be a bit large in scale.

#8339 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can I ask what issues you had? My intent is not to bash but to prepare myself for possible future issues... And as you mentioned, with the amount of analyzing I did over the past weekend, I am much more familiar with this machine which is good..

Issues with monkey mech magnet(s), various RGB light boards, needed noise filter, witch mech was completely DOA, other issues I can't think of at the moment

#8340 4 years ago

Jjp yellow brick side blades on the ECLE....I really like them.

This game is just stunning. It does better than I was giving credit for too. I forgot a number of the shots it has. It's not just up the middle.

20190723_170901 (resized).jpg20190723_170901 (resized).jpg20190723_170910 (resized).jpg20190723_170910 (resized).jpg20190723_170916 (resized).jpg20190723_170916 (resized).jpg20190723_170904 (resized).jpg20190723_170904 (resized).jpg
#8341 4 years ago

Well.. The 8GB USB stick did the trick and I was finally able to update my game... Never thought the size of the USB stick would matter but apparently it does.

Jeff

#8342 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This game is just stunning. It does better than I was giving credit for too. I forgot a number of the shots it has. It's not just up the middle.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll be damned, it was so quick Delt!... and it looks extremely nice man, congratulations!

#8343 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This game is just stunning. It does better than I was giving credit for too. I forgot a number of the shots it has. It's not just up the middle.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great, where do i get them.

Do you have link?

#8345 4 years ago

Those look great, where do i get them.
Do you have link?

You can come over and take a look at mine if you like. I have the YBR version in my RR.

#8346 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Issues with monkey mech magnet(s), various RGB light boards, needed noise filter, witch mech was completely DOA, other issues I can't think of at the moment

What is a noise filter? I know my machine has the 2.0 boards in it so that isnt much a concern... The monkey mech seems to be a mess all around. I took a good look at how all that works. Im surprised JJP doesnt offer a replacement on their website. Its easy to take off and put back on..

#8347 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome! Mine were ordered last week and stuck at USPS god knows where right now.. Im hoping they arrive by the weekend so I can put them on my new machine.

Did you take the playfield out to put them on? They can be tricky and for my GB machine, I took it out, but dont know if I want to do that with this one... The mirror blades on my TWD, I didnt take the playfield out and that was kind of a b*tch since those are thicker haha.

#8349 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

You can come over and take a look at mine if you like. I have the YBR version in my RR.

I thought these were the "YBR" version..

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-pinball-gameblades

#8350 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is a noise filter? I know my machine has the 2.0 boards in it so that isnt much a concern... The monkey mech seems to be a mess all around. I took a good look at how all that works. Im surprised JJP doesnt offer a replacement on their website. Its easy to take off and put back on..

What kind of replacement? What is it you need? Once the monkey is dialed in he works pretty well overall. A noise filter is a ground loop isolator like they use in car stereos - cheap and widely available and knocks the surface noise/ static down. If you have an Automated GG (green game) your machine was probably built with one installed at the factory.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Ground-Isolator-Systems-Included/dp/B01L1NP7YI/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Wanted
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/167?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.