20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg
IMG_8924 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 306.
#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lights up the Capture Dorthy insert on the back wall of the playfield. Mounts behind the wall.
LTG : )

Yep just noticed thanks.

Seems like it just slips right into #11.

#8252 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like it just slips right into #11.

It is #11

#8253 4 years ago

Any of you guys who purchased the Modfather munchkinland protector.. can you tell me if the upper left protector looked like this? I dont think this looks right with the cutouts over the rail holes..

I wrote Modfather to see what they say..

mod (resized).jpgmod (resized).jpg
#8254 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Any of you guys who purchased the Modfather munchkinland protector.. can you tell me if the upper left protector looked like this? I dont think this looks right with the cutouts over the rail holes..
I wrote Modfather to see what they say..[quoted image]

Its the exact same thing i received, watch on the munchkin protector it curves around into the ball launch lane and my ball was hanging up on it. Im not sure how i feel about it yet.

#8255 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

I just received my Green Edition WOZ that I picked up. Looks great but I have a good amount of micro scratches on the lockdown bar. Do you guys find this normal? I am assuming its rubbing from shipping..

#8256 4 years ago

Just talked to Automated, they are sending me a new one. I know some people seem to not like them but they have been nothing but great to work with for me...

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Its the exact same thing i received, watch on the munchkin protector it curves around into the ball launch lane and my ball was hanging up on it. Im not sure how i feel about it yet.

That's how mine is too. No problem with the castle protector at all. As for the munchkin land, cut the end off that wraps under the shooter lane and no problems at all. My ball hung up at times too. I peeled back from shooter lane end and cut about an inch off. You dont see that end anyway, and all fixed. Nothing for the ball to hang on anymore.

#8258 4 years ago

Question.. this is my first JJP so bear with me.

I seem to have a lot of wiggle on my lockdown bar. is that normal? Probably quarter inch give or take.. seems strange.

#8259 4 years ago

nevermind, i found the screws there for it.

Not able to update to 7.01 though. Keeps saying something like not able to allocate data..

#8260 4 years ago

Guys, any clue why my update wont work? I keep getting this error. I redid my usb stick twice now.. its a 16 gb usb drive.
20190720_160152 (resized).jpg20190720_160152 (resized).jpg

#8261 4 years ago

Ok, i found also that the wizard vuk isnt being recognized when there is a ball in there. Anything I can do to fix this?

Very frustrating to bring home a new game and with that, it makes it virtually unplayable...

#8262 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anything I can do to fix this?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - does it register when you toss a ball in ? If not check for broken wires there, make sure connector to opto driver board is on tight. And the big metal box on the floor with all the boards, turn game off, remove metal top. The connectors on the rear that plug in on both sides of the metal wall, give all the wires a good push together both sides.

#8263 4 years ago

ok thanks...

it did not register on the test.

#8264 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Keeps saying something like not able to allocate data..

7.01 is a full install. Are you carefully following the full install directions ? If so, try a different memory stick.

#8265 4 years ago

ok, so that fixed the wizard VUK.

Now my new problem is that the balls take about 5 tries before coming out of the trough. Not sure why im having all of these issues. .

seems the coil is very weak there.. any ideas? last round they wouldnt come out.

#8266 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

ok, so that fixed the wizard VUK.
Now my new problem is that the balls take about 5 tries before coming out of the trough. Not sure why im having all of these issues. .
seems the coil is very weak there.. any ideas? last round they wouldnt come out.

Adjust the coil strength settings for it. You’ll find that you’ll need to dial in a few coil strength settings for your particular power situation. Sometimes here I turn up in the summer when AC’s are sucking more power from the grid then back down in the winter when balls start flying.

Also this can happen when balls become magnetized, although being a new game I doubt that’s the case for you at this point.

#8267 4 years ago

Ok, and the monkey doesnt work and the crystal ball VUK isnt registering either.

Honestly, this machines is going back to the distributor. This is ridiculous!

#8268 4 years ago

also, for the trough VUK, on test, it fires strong. But while playing the game, barely makes it out if it even does.

#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

the trough VUK, on test, it fires strong. But while playing the game, barely makes it out if it even does.

Please go into Settings - Coils - and make the ball trough VUK stronger.

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

the monkey doesnt work and the crystal ball VUK isnt registering either.

Go over the connectors in the back of the metal box again. And monkey connectors underside of playfield lower center when raised up and leaned back.

#8271 4 years ago

the monkey tried to work but seemed the magnet wasnt strong enough to pick up the ball.

sorry, just very frustrated. I appreciate your help very much though..

#8272 4 years ago

i have to run out but ill try the connectors again later. I dont even know how I fixed the wizard VUK, just pushed connectors together and seemed to work.

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

the monkey tried to work but seemed the magnet wasnt strong enough to pick up the ball.

Check if he travels low enough to pick up the ball.

Quoted from Rager170:

sorry, just very frustrated.

No need to be sorry. Understand. Go slow, tackle things one at a time. You'll get through it.

#8274 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if he travels low enough to pick up the ball.

No need to be sorry. Understand. Go slow, tackle things one at a time. You'll get through it.

He looked low enough but I'll have to take a better look. Any suggestions if I notice he doesn't travel all the way right?

#8275 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Any suggestions if I notice he doesn't travel all the way right?

The metal plate he is fastened to has two limit switches. One up by the castle playfield and one down by the main playfield. They can carefully be adjusted to let the monkey go farther or stop sooner.

#8276 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The metal plate he is fastened to has two limit switches. One up by the castle playfield and one down by the main playfield. They can carefully be adjusted to let the monkey go farther or stop sooner.

Gotcha, thanks again....

#8277 4 years ago

Well, nothing seems to get this VUK sensor to work.

I will be requesting a replacement machine. This is just ridiculous.

#8278 4 years ago

Vuk opto is not hard to change. JJP can send you the entire piece with the sensors, harness and plug.

#8279 4 years ago

Hang in there Rager170 Every NIB game I’ve received had a few issues that needed to be worked out. JJP and the pinside community will get you through it. When I got my DI, neither the QED or Betty mech worked when I first turned it on. It was frustrating, but I soon discovered an obvious issue. Two connectors were unplugged in the back box. I’m sure it is something simple with your game. LTG and Pinballomatic will help you through it, and you’ll be flipping trouble free in no time.

#8280 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Vuk opto is not hard to change. JJP can send you the entire piece with the sensors, harness and plug.

No, thats not going to fly with me. I dont spend almost 10K on a new machine for all these problems. Ill either be requesting a replacement or a refund. My patience has run out.

#8282 4 years ago

I’m just trying to help.

I appreciate it but lets get real. Anyone spending this kind of money on a game should not have these issues. Its not just one, its been multiple and when one gets fixes, its followed by even more issues. Unacceptable.

#8283 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

also, for the trough VUK, on test, it fires strong. But while playing the game, barely makes it out if it even does.

This is because the coils are duty cycled - you said that this is your first JJP game - coil strengths are adjustable in settings. In test, the coil fires normally but in game it uses the trough coil setting and thus yours is either too strong or not strong enough. Simple to adjust.

#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I appreciate it but lets get real. Anyone spending this kind of money on a game should not have these issues. Its not just one, its been multiple and when one gets fixes, its followed by even more issues. Unacceptable.

LOL... Calm down... I spent a lot on my POTCCE and you wouldn't believe the tweaks I've had to do and still need to do but the game is just so awesome that it's more than worth it... WoZ has required very little for me other than adding a guard to the munchkin play field to protect the edge from some airball issues... Granted my shooter rod has never been properly aligned so I have constant ball launch issues but that just helps me with the skill shots so I simply don't care... LOL

Jeff

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

... Granted my shooter rod has never been properly aligned so I have constant ball launch issues but that just helps me with the skill shots so I simply don't care... LOL
Jeff

The issue with inconsistent plunges is not uncommon. Look at my post here for a possible way to fix it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/47#post-3372442

#8286 4 years ago

Perhaps the failed attempt to update to 7.01 resulted in some software problem?

#8287 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Agree... so much money spent to be fixing problems instead of playing, and forcing you to become a "technician" learning and researching how to repair that things.

I can understand that some adjusts are needed when you get the pin or fix some little issues, but you're having a plenty of faults that should have come working good from the distributor IMHO.

#8288 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Perhaps the failed attempt to update to 7.01 resulted in some software problem?

I was actually able to do the update using a new USB card.

#8289 4 years ago

Ok so after giving it another try, I finally got the opto to work for the crystal ball, yay! but I am still seeing some strange things happening. For example, on Shoot the Rainbow mode, it went into the throne room drop and isnt recognized and sits there until it does a coil test to get it out. Had this happen at the Crystal Ball spot also during one mode. But playing without any modes, they are recognized... Any ideas?

Also, the monkey isnt working correctly. It picks the ball up but lets it go after about 1 second...

#8290 4 years ago

The Witch Hurry Up mode is where the ball gets stuck in Crystal Ball and wont kick out until it does a coil test...

#8291 4 years ago

Now I have an alert that the Monkey Magnet Sense is stuck open...

#8292 4 years ago

This is what I think I would do - I would redownload 7.01 full install and rewrite the hard drive in case the software is corrupted- the stuff you are describing is very odd behavior. The monkey sounds like he needs adjusting at the bottom switch - it sounds like he’s traveling down just a shade too far and plugging on top of the pinball. Tweak up the bottom switch just a little bit so he stops maybe one thread sooner on his travel.

#8293 4 years ago

Once the monkey is adjusted correctly he’ll stay good going forward.

#8294 4 years ago

This is what I think I would do - I would redownload 7.01 full install and rewrite the hard drive in case the software is corrupted- the stuff you are describing is very odd behavior. The monkey sounds like he needs adjusting at the bottom switch - it sounds like he’s traveling down just a shade too far and plugging on top of the pinball. Tweak up the bottom switch just a little bit so he stops maybe one thread sooner on his travel.

Will do, thanks.

Any advice on the Monkey Sense switch that is stuck open?

#8295 4 years ago

Yes - there is a test for that switch specifically. Follow the steps - make sure you pull out the high power jnterlock switch on the door (top white switch) first to turn the high playfield power back on. The magnet sense needs to see the ball stopped in the playfield magnet. To activate the switch the game needs to see the orbit enter switch (opto) then the orbit made switch (rollover) then it needs to see the pinball caught on the active top orbit magnet. Just holding the ball up there won’t do it. Make sure the harness didn’t fall off the magnet sense switch with the playfield moving in and out. Make sure the components on the magnet sense board mounted on the back panel are facing in toward the wood not backwards towards the cabinet rear.

#8296 4 years ago

Ive also noticed something very strange. For some reason the monkey castle switch engages when the playfield is in place, but if I move it even an inch out, it works as it should and stops engaging.. Due to it engaging, I feel it is sending the monkey down to the lower playfield or causing the monkey to not leave the right side becuase it thinks its at the castle.

This machine is just a constant issue one way or another.

#8297 4 years ago

Which monkey castle switch specifically? If the playfield when down in place is triggering any switch you should be able to see it easily in tests - switch tests - matrixed switch tests. Might I suggest you check the skill target (rectangular and in amongst the trees) to see if it is landing on the cabinet inside rail that holds the playfield up and allows it to slide forward. If it is shorting the bottom tabs of that switch - common with WOZ especially new WOZ games - that could be causing ALL of the odd behavior you were describing earlier. Playfield down - matrixed switch test then while watching lift up just a bit on the field and see what changes. Other possible source but less likely - ground braid stapled to the rear cabinet wall - playfield on the game is tight in the cabinet owing to the monkey mech back there. Look to the middle right side from the players perspective there is ground braid to the right of center if you push the playfield back and switches read - make sure it is FLAY flush not looped.

#8298 4 years ago

I hear you it’s a pain at first but you will absolutely solve it and then - commercial equipment in a home environment- you’ll be good. I am not discounting or making light of your frustration believe me.

#8299 4 years ago

Which monkey castle switch specifically? If the playfield when down in place is triggering any switch you should be able to see it easily in tests - switch tests - matrixed switch tests. Might I suggest you check the skill target (rectangular and in amongst the trees) to see if it is landing on the cabinet inside rail that holds the playfield up and allows it to slide forward. If it is shorting the bottom tabs of that switch - common with WOZ especially new WOZ games - that could be causing ALL of the odd behavior you were describing earlier. Playfield down - matrixed switch test then while watching lift up just a bit on the field and see what changes. Other possible source but less likely - ground braid stapled to the rear cabinet wall - playfield on the game is tight in the cabinet owing to the monkey mech back there. Look to the middle right side from the players perspective there is ground braid to the right of center if you push the playfield back and switches read - make sure it is FLAY flush not looped.

The monkey switch I am talking about is the one that the monkey triggers when it sits far left at the caste. The second the playfield is seated, that switch gets triggered.

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The monkey switch I am talking about is the one that the monkey triggers when it sits far left at the caste. The second the playfield is seated, that switch gets triggered.

There is a small connector for the monkey sensor at the bottom center edge of the playfield.

Hard to see. You can look at it with the playfied raised.

You can feel it from the bottom rear with the playfield pulled out to its furthest service position.

Its loose. Unplug it and replug it in firmly.

Mine has fallen of before. I widened a couple pins on it and now its snug.

Also check that the little monkey sensor PC board isnt loose and changing position. It's on the rear of the backboard. It just has to be snug, not over tightened

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 15,273 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/166?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.