Quoted from Rager170:
While I am not yet an owner I am looking to pick up one of these sooner than later. Question for you owners.. in regards to cliffys for this machines, I see that there are a lot offered.
Do you guys recommend certain ones or all of them or??
I always do shooter lane stuff but I see a lot of upkick protectors and such for this also.
Curious of your thoughts. Thanks.
I am also in the market to purchase a set of cliffys to install when i shop my WOZ next month. My WOZ is interesting, because it was on location for about a year and a bit, and got nearly 33,000 plays on it in that time, with no protectors! My WOZ is the 75th Ruby Red Edition, and was built in December of 2017.
While the game is in pretty good shape overall, heres what started getting some noticeable wear. I am planning to do all of the Cliffys, just because I can.
- In lanes by the slingshots where the ball drops from the habitrail coming back from the upper playfields. The right hand side was worse for wear than the left hand side. I would recommend the Universal switch slot protectors in this case. I already cleaned up the playfield and installed the switch slot protectors on mine, since this was pretty much the worst place it was worn. I don't believe these are a part of the WOZ full kit, you'd need to order them separately.
- The throne-room/Wizard saucer on the right hand side of the game just above the right outlane is starting to wear on the upper side of the hole a bit... it was not terrible, but is starting on mine (remember... 33,000 plays!). A cliffy will cover this completely and it will become a non-issue.
- Shooter lane is surprisingly in good shape for the number of plays. It has a tiny bit of wear on the left side of the lane, but the right side looks good, and barely much wear at all. I've seen plenty of Sterns with a 1/5th the plays have waaaay worse shooter lanes
- Crystal Ball VUK - Absolutely no obvious wear here at all on my game.
- Castle VUK, and Winkie drop target - No concerning wear here on mine.
- Castle Playfield. No noticeable wear on the saucer behind the castle doors, or the spot where the ball exits the castle playfield to the habitrail.
- Munchkin Playfield (upper right) - The edge of the playfield by the ramp entrance has taken a little bit of a beating from air balls, and you can see some potential for wood loss if it doesn't get a protector on it. This protector is probably one of the more important ones in the kit I would say.
- Magnets and rollover switches - Very very very minor wear on the magnet by the upper right flipper. There was a piece of mylar on mine, but I am not sure if this was factory or the previous owner installed it. Top orbit magnet by the OZ lanes has practically no wear. The Tinman, Lion, Scarecrow, and TOTO rollovers all still look fantastic and probably don't need these ones in a home use game, unless they are not leveled properly.