767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 306.
#8051 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The green and the ECLE are the same type of green?.... any comparison pics fellas?

I bought this Automated edition in January and it came with 2.0 lighting system,invisiglass,shaker,topper, green armor and green wire forms.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8052 4 years ago

So are these 50 green automated versions, out of the 1000 standard? Which seems to be the most rare already? And is there a way we could call the standard the Tin Man edition if I add chrome coin door ?

#8053 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

So are these 50 green automated versions, out of the 1000 standard? Which seems to be the most rare already? And is there a way we could call the standard the Tin Man edition if I add chrome coin door ?

Stainless armour, stainless door, silver mirror blades, chrome wire forms, silver power coated apron.
Tin funnel topper, with the omitted tinmans revolver lol.

Minor software tweak.

I can see this! And it'll be awsome!

Tin Man edition. Trademark it quick before Jack does!

#8054 4 years ago

So the ecle is in the house and it's probably the nicest Pinball machine I've ever seen. As a previous RR owner, this really takes it over the top with the green and wood apron. I'm also a sucker for the topper. The wizard and the fire really had an impact on me when I watched this as a kid... Loved that part.

Although I still don't think it's an amazing shooter, it has enough variety in there and the sounds, music, voices and video clips really are the best jjp has done period. The lighting in this game is pure magic. It's amazing how jjp pulled this game off game 1. Their ability to tell a story and make you feel like you are part of the oz world is crazy. World under glass for sure and it has me shaking my head even more thinking about how Wonka turned out and what it could have been if jjp was still OG JJP.... But then again they might not be in business if they kept that up!

I also never saw the direct print cab in person before buying this version. Wow. Simply wow. It really is a shame they don't do direct print anymore. Gorgeous. This game must have blown people's minds in 2013.
20190707_182916 (resized).jpg20190707_182916 (resized).jpg20190707_182924 (resized).jpg20190707_182924 (resized).jpg20190707_182932 (resized).jpg20190707_182932 (resized).jpg

#8055 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the ecle is in the house and it's probably the nicest Pinball machine I've ever seen. As a previous RR owner, this really takes it over the top with the green and wood apron. I'm also a sucker for the topper. The wizard and the fire really had an impact on me when I watched this as a kid... Loved that part.
Although I still don't think it's an amazing shooter, it has enough variety in there and the sounds, music, voices and video clips really are the best jjp has done period. The lighting in this game is pure magic. It's amazing how jjp pulled this game off game 1. Their ability to tell a story and make you feel like you are part of the oz world is crazy. World under glass for sure and it has me shaking my head even more thinking about how Wonka turned out and what it could have been if jjp was still OG JJP.... But then again they might not be in business if they kept that up!
I also never saw the direct print cab in person before buying this version. Wow. Simply wow. It really is a shame they don't do direct print anymore. Gorgeous. This game must have blown people's minds in 2013.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I firmly believe that the ECLE is by far the best looking woz. Of course, I like my mods on pinballs too...and there are sone great mods for it. Are you planning on doing any modifications?

#8056 4 years ago

You guys are killing me. I wanted an ECLE so badly but could only find a RR at the time. If it didn't greatly affect the value I'd love to combine a RR and ECLE. But, I should mention I'm working on apron art for the RR (one of the only things I feel like was cheaped out here). I also had a SE direct print and it was cool but not a huge difference from the rad cals. I think the rad cals are probably "tougher" than the print, maybe this has been discussed elsewhere. They seem like an upgrade to POTC so I would assume they are somewhat better? Either way, both look awesome.

#8057 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I firmly believe that the ECLE is by far the best looking woz. Of course, I like my mods on pinballs too...and there are sone great mods for it. Are you planning on doing any modifications?

Def:
mirrors
throne mod

Maybe:
Guard Light
Balloon Light
Tornado (although it blocks the back right corner oz area)...

Prob won't though (3 above). This game is SO loaded I've seen so many overload it and it's just too much.

#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I bought this Automated edition in January and it came with 2.0 lighting system,invisiglass,shaker,topper, green armor and green wire forms.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks por posting WildBill .... indeed it looks amazing! that green looks so nice

#8059 4 years ago

If anyone is interested I posted my mega WOZ lighting kit for sale. It has more lighting than any other kit, full RGB independent control of the backboard and trough lighting, double illuminated trough lighting for even brighter options, fully dimmable LED strips and a selection of white and purple bulbs to adjust the spotlights to your liking. Fully plug and play, remove a few nuts, run a few wires, etc. Has the option for the flickering flame in the TNPLH hot air balloon as well.

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mega-lighting-upgrade-kit-jersey-jack-pinball

Flickering flame balloon mod
https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/wizard-of-oz-flickering-flame-hot-air-balloon-jersey-jack-pinball

Added over 4 years ago:

If anyone is interested I posted my mega WOZ lighting kit for sale. It has more lighting than any other kit, full RGB independent control of the backboard and trough lighting, double illuminated trough lighting for even brighter options, fully dimmable LED strips and a selection of white and purple bulbs to adjust the spotlights to your liking. Fully plug and play, remove a few nuts, run a few wires, etc. Has the option for the flickering flame in the TNPLH hot air balloon as well.

https://pinballmods.co/WOZ-mega-lighting-upgrade-kit-jjp

https://pinballmods.co/WOZ-flickering-flame-balloon-JJP

#8060 4 years ago

never realized how dark this game is compared to later releases. Added 3 spotligts… it helps, but could use like 10 more. To bad the game would look kind of stupid with that many.

it'd be nice if they had some type of lantern light.. similar to a spotlight. No idea how you'd implement it but.
yes I am aware of pinstadium, but taking them off every time I raise the playfield kills that idea for me.

#8061 4 years ago

Pinstadium blows there lighting on this way out. Kills the fact that there are supposed to be darker areas. I think 7 spots does it. I'm actually working on spotlight hiders. Stay tuned.

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Just in case anybody else needs some help with pinball matrix debugging, I found this video very useful in understanding the basic concept of how the matrix works. I always had sort of an idea how it worked on a perfect system, but was not familiar with how stuff can go whacky if a diode goes out.

Thanks for the post. Easy to understand and the most amazing thing is that they still use such ancient technic.

#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Pinstadium blows there lighting on this way out. Kills the fact that there are supposed to be darker areas. I think 7 spots does it. I'm actually working on spotlight hiders. Stay tuned.

Are you counting the factory spots in that 7 count?

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

JJP Art Blades are simply beautiful...

C2B5EEFC-506A-413C-A762-8418B1C0E9CA (resized).jpegC2B5EEFC-506A-413C-A762-8418B1C0E9CA (resized).jpegBB4ED9FC-670F-4445-9565-28372472147C (resized).jpegBB4ED9FC-670F-4445-9565-28372472147C (resized).jpegCF94629D-4F7E-412F-B2DA-3E56F2EDD944 (resized).jpegCF94629D-4F7E-412F-B2DA-3E56F2EDD944 (resized).jpeg ...(I must add that the YBR Translite it is very nice too )... 7B339F46-ED98-4003-9C0A-ECAFE54CCC48 (resized).jpeg7B339F46-ED98-4003-9C0A-ECAFE54CCC48 (resized).jpeg

#8065 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] ...(I must add that the YBR Translite it is very nice too )... [quoted image]

Is it a Translite or a Mirrored Backglass?

#8066 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] ...(I must add that the YBR Translite it is very nice too )... [quoted image]

can you buys those sep? Can you take a top down full pic

#8067 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

can you buys those sep? Can you take a top down full pic

I bought the YBR version for my RR from pingraffix.

2019-05-31 09.07.27 (resized).jpg2019-05-31 09.07.27 (resized).jpg2019-05-31 09.07.42 (resized).jpg2019-05-31 09.07.42 (resized).jpg
#8068 4 years ago

Hmm I was going mirrors but those look good ....

#8069 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmm I was going mirrors but those look good ....

Hi Delt, I tried to take some pics from top down but attached are closer ones and those look much better...

Quoted from avspin:

I bought the YBR version for my RR from pingraffix.[quoted image][quoted image]

... I think that we have the same ones Avspin

C29D06E8-B92C-4E01-B893-8E20EDF2B223 (resized).jpegC29D06E8-B92C-4E01-B893-8E20EDF2B223 (resized).jpeg82872360-7580-4CC2-86F6-55D22B3DC17E (resized).jpeg82872360-7580-4CC2-86F6-55D22B3DC17E (resized).jpeg4998ED85-982C-4011-8866-CEECE6DD9B20 (resized).jpeg4998ED85-982C-4011-8866-CEECE6DD9B20 (resized).jpeg75B49D13-7EE7-4D1D-B58B-BF16F1EDB04F (resized).jpeg75B49D13-7EE7-4D1D-B58B-BF16F1EDB04F (resized).jpeg71A414B2-6083-4954-B5C0-93CE195712F1 (resized).jpeg71A414B2-6083-4954-B5C0-93CE195712F1 (resized).jpeg6F62118B-EB94-42D9-8E47-8426D3CF0C97 (resized).jpeg6F62118B-EB94-42D9-8E47-8426D3CF0C97 (resized).jpeg
#8070 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is it a Translite or a Mirrored Backglass?

It is a Translite Eric.

Knowing that the YBR it is not a Collector’s, I must say that honestly JJP did a great job with these upgrades. So far the only thing that I did it was to put some wood look alike in that small spot to cover the white ceiling, I don’t know if all of the versions came with that white space...
799603ED-3905-4458-B545-286D3550CC78 (resized).jpeg799603ED-3905-4458-B545-286D3550CC78 (resized).jpeg

#8071 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Are you counting the factory spots in that 7 count?

No. 7 additional spots.

2 on each sling, 2 to the bottom right of the haunted forest and one to the left of the crystal ball.

#8072 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is a Translite Eric.
Knowing that the YBR it is not a Collector’s, I must say that honestly JJP did a great job with these upgrades. So far the only thing that I did it was to put some wood look alike in that small spot to cover the white ceiling, I don’t know if all of the versions came with that white space...
[quoted image]

That's interesting! I wish someone would make a replacement for those huts. A nice molded piece that covers more of the ball lock and diverter.

#8073 4 years ago

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mega-lighting-upgrade-kit-jersey-jack-pinball

https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/wizard-of-oz-flickering-flame-hot-air-balloon-jersey-jack-pinball

Those are really nice kits!

#8074 4 years ago

That's interesting! I wish someone would make a replacement for those huts. A nice molded piece that covers more of the ball lock and diverter.

I'm thinking a more post apocalyptic hut area.

Something that looks like the witch attacked it and it's a smoking ruin.

#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

never realized how dark this game is compared to later releases. Added 3 spotligts… it helps, but could use like 10 more. To bad the game would look kind of stupid with that many.
it'd be nice if they had some type of lantern light.. similar to a spotlight. No idea how you'd implement it but.
yes I am aware of pinstadium, but taking them off every time I raise the playfield kills that idea for me.

As far as a lantern light, The Mod Couple make a great one for the castle playfield: https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/the-wizard-of-oz-jjp/products/the-wizard-of-oz-castle-lantern-custom-spot-lamp-mod

But if you add spots elsewhere, that does not really work for you. Pinstadiums just came out with the Hover mounting system which does not require you to take it off when you raise the playfield now. So that problem has been resolved. They are still a matter of personal taste though. While some say they are too bright, I don't have a problem with them as I adjusted the brightness and color so it does not wash everything out. Again, people either seem to love them or hate them. But the mounting system has been resolved (for an additional charge though...).

#8076 4 years ago

We are actually working on a "lantern" design for PoTC which may be able to be adapted to WoZ. The consideration is that we are customizing how spotlights are laid out to be able to fit the socket and bulb in a smaller package. Taking some trial and error but I think we'll have something viable soon.

#8077 4 years ago

No. 7 additional spots.
2 on each sling, 2 to the bottom right of the haunted forest and one to the left of the crystal ball.

That's a lot of ugly damn spot lights cluttering up a beautiful game IMO.

#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is a Translite Eric.
[quoted image]

Wow, $11.5K and it's a translite instead of an actual backglass like the ECLE and RR have?? This hits keep coming on this version.

#8079 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That's a lot of ugly damn spot lights cluttering up a beautiful game IMO.

The only really visible ones are the ones on the slings. The left one by the CB is hidden and the ones in front of the forest are somewhat inconspicuous. I do agree that I wish there was a better visual solution, which I guess pin stadium fits that bill. It's pretty much what manufacturers also do these days, JJP POTC has the large spots hanging out. I want to figure out a disguise for these with something game related. We are working on shrinking down the necessary size for a spotlight "head" so we can more attractively package them. If anyone has ideas for what kind of themed element could work as a vertical mast and "boxy" head (for the bulbs) I'm open to suggestions. We are making a pirate flag for POTC near the ship which will hide a LED panel (instead of a spot) which makes it flat. We can do the same for WoZ but I really want to leave the option to replace bulbs.

#8080 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wow, $11.5K and it's a translite instead of an actual backglass like the ECLE and RR have?? This hits keep coming on this version.

Does anyone know if the main castle door mech changed at all? I was hearing all over that there would be one door, but the game I played had two. I am wondering if it was engineered differently at all. I guess I could go look at the updated manual to see.

#8081 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

YBR has a screened backglass like the others have - granted I've only seen three total units but they all did. It's that way in the system and the manual also.

#8082 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the main castle door mech changed at all? I was hearing all over that there would be one door, but the game I played had two. I am wondering if it was engineered differently at all. I guess I could go look at the updated manual to see.

There are optos for hit detection so that changed. There are still two double doors and the single door is now pretty much a decoration.

#8083 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

YBR has a screened backglass like the others have - granted I've only seen three total units but they all did. It's that way in the system and the manual also.

That makes more sense.

#8084 4 years ago

There are optos for hit detection so that changed. There are still two double doors and the single door is now pretty much a decoration.

Nice! That would solve a lot of issues I imagine. The toughest time I had was aligning those switches and springs. Now for the million dollar question... are those easily retrofittable? Meaning are parts possibly bought to screw those in and have them work or is there more control that has to happen on the I/O that prior versions aren't setup for? I have no problems currently, but just curious.

#8085 4 years ago

Good question - and by that I mean I don't really know - a little research is needed.

#8086 4 years ago

Good question - and by that I mean I don't really know - a little research is needed.

Cool, I figured that probably wasn't a very popular need/question. I doubt many people get as deep in to that as I did. I'm going to study the manual a bit.

#8087 4 years ago

I took out the boring Free Play card and put in a custom one. I think it looks much better.

20190708_180633 (resized).jpg20190708_180633 (resized).jpg
#8088 4 years ago

Cool, I figured that probably wasn't a very popular need/question. I doubt many people get as deep in to that as I did. I'm going to study the manual a bit.

Is there a manual for the YBR and Wonka? Can't find it on the JJP website.

#8089 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is a Translite Eric.
[quoted image]

Thanks. I'm going to buy those instead of mirrors. they look great

#8090 4 years ago

YBR is incorporated into the regular WOZ manual. Wonka not yet.

#8091 4 years ago

Thank you!

#8092 4 years ago

Good thing I was too lazy to buy the $100 manual a ways back.

It would be a $100 boat anchor now with all the updates...

#8093 4 years ago

YBR has a screened backglass like the others have

Yes indeed, you’re absolutely right! Thank you for the clarification.

#8094 4 years ago

Just curious. I enjoy playing a JJPPOTC SE at a friends house way more than I like playing the games I have anymore. With WOZ being widebody also with lots of cool features....and no friend with one, or a place to play one anywhere near me(I did not look at the map, but I pretty much know not much near me, and sad, Atlanta is a major city), is this game so awesome that I just have to try to buy one myself, or does the rocking ship and all of the other features POTC has make WOZ kind of old news? I have never seen one or played one, but POTC is so awesome and I have been reading all about WOZ and I just think I want one. Thanks for your opinions.

Also, I looked at the POTC and it has a born on date of 3/6/19. I did not see any cracking or chipping except at the base of the Malestorm ramp. On the right side of the ramp it looks like the paint has flaked. When in the light the right way I could see dimples all over the playfield. And my friend thought I was a nut for looking at the game with reading glasses on, but I was just making sure there was nothing really major like a sling post about to collapse. All the post areas looked perfect.

#8095 4 years ago

I have both games. I love them both. I wouldn't hesitate to have both again and I think they compliment each other. I don't think WOZ has lost any of it's cool factor based on POTC coming out. JJP is by far my favorite manufacturer and I'd have all their games if I had room and money. You can't go wrong with either game. If I had a choice of only one, I'd get WOZ first.

Don't worry about the dimples, very common and smooth out over time. The chipping/cracking is the major issue with the game and it's still a bit up in the air as we have a few posts active right now discussing it. JJP has released both a "kit" to help with the chipping around the posts and an offer for a discounted playfield for those with chipping.

Being this is the WOZ club you'll want to move your further questions to the POTC club https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club

#8096 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

, is this game so awesome that I just have to try to buy one myself,

In short and IMHO, yes. I would say though that it would help to love the theme. The game is all that much more special b/c our entire family loves the theme. Even if you only like the theme, WOZ offers so much of an entire package and if you’re only a mediocre player like me, it will take months, possibly even years to make your way through the game. I take a break from her now and then, but I would say I don’t ever get bored playing WOZ.

#8098 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Wow?... Wow what?... it just gets extremely boring listening to the same complaints over and over again about YBR LE. What is your point? Just answer me? What are you winning or what do you want for the owners like me to learn with your criticism?... if you own a Ruby Red an a Emerald that’s great, I’ll guess that you have superior games for a lower price or what is your point please?
I own just 4 Pinball games and it is ridiculous the way that this particular Yellow Brick Road LE game it is criticized, if you feel certain pain about this edition just call JJP and they will help you.
A guy in a red light yelled at me once:-"...that’s a piece of shit!" (Pointing at my Phantom), that was kind of painful, sad, disrespectful and yes I took that personally, when I got home and saw my 3 cars... I just felt pity for that guy.[quoted image]

People will always bash what they can’t have or don’t agree with, but all that is just white noise if you like what you have. The YBR WOZ is a beautiful piece of pinball art just like all the others. Seems like you might have room for a few more... what’s your next pin on your radar.

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Wow?... Wow what?... it just gets extremely boring listening to the same complaints over and over again about YBR LE. What is your point? Just answer me? What are you winning or what do you want for the owners like me to learn with your criticism?... if you own a Ruby Red an a Emerald that’s great, I’ll guess that you have superior games for a lower price or what is your point please?
I own just 4 Pinball games and it is ridiculous the way that this particular Yellow Brick Road LE game it is criticized, if you feel certain pain about this edition just call JJP and they will help you.
A guy in a red light yelled at me once:-"...that’s a piece of shit!" (Pointing at my Phantom), that was kind of painful, sad, disrespectful and yes I took that personally, when I got home and saw my 3 cars... I just felt pity for that guy.[quoted image]

Well it turned out you were wrong about it being a translite instead of a backglass and that's what my comment was on so maybe cool your roll there buddy. If you feel the need to justify your purchases that's fine but I don't feel any pain about this model, however commenting on it on a forum specific to WOZ seems pretty reasonable. I didn't call your baby ugly.

#8100 4 years ago

covers more of the ball lock

Visible ball locks are very nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/162 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.