767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 306.
#8001 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What are the "must-have" mods for WOZ?
I have a WOZ ecLE with the emerald city mod, witch smoke mod, back alley walls mod, decals, ramp mod, cliffys, leg protectors, and the lighted drop target mod. I definitely want to get the flying monkey too...but what else?
Lighted tree eyes?
WOZ figures?
Any great apron cards?
??

I really like the Haunted Forest LED strip that Mezel Mods offers. It adds considerable light to the very dark forest area, and turns it purple. I can see a lot more of the artwork there now, and the left orbit shot through the pops isn't quite so blind. Blades for the inner cab sides are awesome on this pin. I like Tilt Graphics. We added a little plastic bridge over the left sling, and some wooden-looking fence posts along the shooter lane. Looks nice!

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I really like the Haunted Forest LED strip that Mezel Mods offers. It adds considerable light to the very dark forest area, and turns it purple. I can see a lot more of the artwork there now, and the left orbit shot through the pops isn't quite so blind. Blades for the inner cab sides are awesome on this pin. I like Tilt Graphics. We added a little plastic bridge over the left sling, and some wooden-looking fence posts along the shooter lane. Looks nice!

Pics or it didn't happen!

#8004 4 years ago

I've been absent for a while but anyone add the Pinstadium lights? What do you think?

#8005 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I've been absent for a while but anyone add the Pinstadium lights? What do you think?

I added them, they add tons of light!

I took them out and added 8 spotlights in a few areas.

It's less light but I like it better.

#8006 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Best mod you can put in a WOZ other than protectors (are those considered mods?) IMO. Completely adjustable and will interact with the light show if you want it to.

#8007 4 years ago

I have put on a few mods (sparkling emerald city, decals, witch and red smoke mod, black out edger for the wizard led) and still have a few more to add (back alley walls, plastic protectors, winkie drop target mod) pics below:

It seems like people enjoy game blades and pinstadium lighting the most, so I will look into those as well.
What game blades are the best looking??

20190703_112404 (resized).jpg20190703_112404 (resized).jpg20190703_112417 (resized).jpg20190703_112417 (resized).jpg20190703_112430 (resized).jpg20190703_112430 (resized).jpg20190703_112709 (resized).jpg20190703_112709 (resized).jpg
#8008 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have put on a few mods (sparkling emerald city, decals, witch and red smoke mod, black out edger for the wizard led) and still have a few more to add (back alley walls, plastic protectors, winkie drop target mod) pics below:
It seems like people enjoy game blades and pinstadium lighting the most, so I will look into those as well.
What game blades are the best looking??[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get a cliffy protector for the edge of your munchkin playfield ASAP. In your picture the denting is very apparent and will start chipping.

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Get a cliffy protector for the edge of your munchkin playfield ASAP. In your picture the denting is very apparent and will start chipping.

Are you talking about this area pictured?

1562173785307750686808 (resized).jpg1562173785307750686808 (resized).jpg
#8010 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Are you talking about this area pictured?[quoted image]

No. The area above the red lollipop/rainbow target next to the ramp.

See post #63 in the following thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-woz-protector-set/page/2

#8011 4 years ago

Modfather also has some chrome trim that protects that area. Different look than Cliffys but does the same thing. Put one of the 2 there though...

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz/products/woz-munchkinland-chrome-edge-protector

#8012 4 years ago

Daditude
Here: http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

See photo below, the entire edge is protected.

adam-edge3 (resized).jpgadam-edge3 (resized).jpg
#8013 4 years ago

Yes! The crystal ball can live!

0703191706 (resized).jpg0703191706 (resized).jpg
#8014 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

They were on a recent game I bought, I also removed them. Too even/bright of a light for a game that should have some dark areas. I built my own system but I think I'll list it for sale if anyone is interested. It's pretty inexpensive.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-custom-woz-lighting-upgrade-kit

#8015 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yes! The crystal ball can live![quoted image]

What is that?

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What is that?

The screen for the CB. Mine went wonky.

#8017 4 years ago

My crystal ball is also wonky.. Will work sometimes, but often gets frozen on the Skillshot clip and stays frozen on that image until you restart the machine. Not sure if it's better to just order a new screen, or try cleaning up the current screen and reseating everything, or swapping the card, etc? Any thoughts on this from anyone who had it freeze up?

#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

My crystal ball is also wonky.. Will work sometimes, but often gets frozen on the Skillshot clip and stays frozen on that image until you restart the machine. Not sure if it's better to just order a new screen, or try cleaning up the current screen and reseating everything, or swapping the card, etc? Any thoughts on this from anyone who had it freeze up?

That is the same issue I had (just posted about it). I had another WOZ to swap with and I deduced it down to the screen itself, which is why I bought that new one. I need to go swap it in and test and confirm, so I'll let you know. It seems the screen has some issue where it can't read the video files or something. I swapped SD cards, screens, games, etc. so it seemed like it was isolated to the one screen itself.

Click the little trash can icon near the bottom left of the post.

#8020 4 years ago

What are mint conditioned HUO WOZLE's going for these days? Anyone sold or bought one recently?

#8021 4 years ago

ELCEs are pretty rare, I've seen them easily hit $9000 but depending on the buyer could be more for pristine. If it has the 7.5v boards then maybe take a bit off. RR's go for around $8k depending on use. I'd say there is a range up and down for both models of $1k or so.

#8022 4 years ago

ELCEs are pretty rare, I've seen them easily hit $9000 but depending on the buyer could be more for pristine. If it has the 7.5v boards then maybe take a bit off. RR's go for around $8k depending on use. I'd say there is a range up and down for both models of $1k or so.

I had someone contact me about mine but was looking to spend low 7's, I was thinking closer to $8k but wanted to get some opinions.

#8023 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I had someone contact me about mine but was looking to spend low 7's, I was thinking closer to $8k but wanted to get some opinions.

Since it's not me buying definitely don't sell for that low. $8k I would say should be the lowest, but honestly $8500 is very reasonable for a game in that condition. Less if it has 7.5v boards sure, but even then those are the best non 2.0 boards to have it sounds like. I've been seeing RRs go for $8500.

#8024 4 years ago

What is the ELCE?

#8025 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What is the ELCE?

ECLEWOZ
emerald city limited edition wizard of oz.

Some of us waited years to get one.

#8026 4 years ago

Of course this showed up below the thread... what a screaming deal. I really wanted to buy a ECLE and rob all the toys from my RR and make a single monster machine!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

ECLEWOZ
emerald city limited edition wizard of oz.
Some of us waited years to get one.

I got my acronyms confuused. There seem to be a lot of different woz pins.

Standard, ECLE, YBR, RR...and i heard there are "green" editions. Any others?

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I got my acronyms confuused. There seem to be a lot of different woz pins.
Standard, ECLE, YBR, RR...and i heard there are "green" editions. Any others?

That's correct. The green edition is special and only sold by Automated, I believe.

#8029 4 years ago

In case someone here might be able to help, can't get a new crystal ball screen working: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-i-need-to-make-a-new-crystal-ball-screen-work

#8030 4 years ago

That's correct. The green edition is special and only sold by Automated, I believe.

This is correct.
It's a special automated edition.
Basically a standard with green armor.

#8031 4 years ago

In case someone here might be able to help, can't get a new crystal ball screen working: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-i-need-to-make-a-new-crystal-ball-screen-work

If a factory screen wont work.
I'd suspect the cable or contacts on either end.

Maybe, just maybe a bad or corrupt sdcard.

Most of the problems have been bad cables and loose cards.

#8032 4 years ago

I almost bought one, then I scored a late model ECLE with 7.5 boards only 45 plays, I love it... the automated one does not have the wood apron, or topper, but supposedly does have 2.0 boards.

#8033 4 years ago

If a factory screen wont work.
I'd suspect the cable or contacts on either end.
Maybe, just maybe a bad or corrupt sdcard.
Most of the problems have been bad cables and loose cards.

Not that.

Screen from another (SE) WOZ works in my RR. SD cards from either screen (bad and good) work in that good (SE) screen. So I know that everything else in the RR machine aside from the screen is ok.

I bought a new screen (not from JJP, because they don't even produce it.. it's made by 4D Systems). I figured if I swapped in the SD card from the old screen it would be golden (assuming all the firmware/coding to run the proper video at the proper signal was on the SD card but apparently that isn't the case). The issue was the bad screen (RR) was stuck on "SKILL" most of the time. I even restored the image of the "good" (SE) SD card (the one from the screen that originally worked from my other WOZ) to the "bad" (again, I believe the card is fine) screen SD card. Both SD cards worked in the "good" SE screen so it did not seem to be the SD card. But putting the SD card in the brand new screen all I get is the manufacturer scroll of model, serial, etc. No videos from the SD card play at all. So I assume there is some firmware/programming needed to flash on to that device.

#8034 4 years ago

If you buy an OLED screen from JJP you can get a new programmed card to go with it.

#8035 4 years ago

2 questions:

1) how do i know if i have 2.0 boards? Sorry, im a newb as far as woz goes.

2) what mods do you have on your woz?

#8036 4 years ago

2.0 system uses a bunch of cat 5 Ethernet cables and a hub board where they all plug in. Older led system uses data cables with red and green ends jumping from board to board.

#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If you buy an OLED screen from JJP you can get a new programmed card to go with it.

If the card works, why do I need a screen from jjp? Does the screen have unique programming or firmware installed on it? If so, how can I get that? I should be able to install a replacement not from jjp.

#8038 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

2 questions:
1) how do i know if i have 2.0 boards? Sorry, im a newb as far as woz goes.
2) what mods do you have on your woz?

I did a custom lighting kit. Gouvea smoke and monkey mods. Custom balloon flame light. Lighted winky. Cliffys. Neon plastic protectors. Color anodized nuts. Titan color matched rubbers.

I think that's it.

#8039 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

the automated one does not have the wood apron, or topper, but supposedly does have 2.0 boards.

I recall reading about the Automated green edition. Don't know that it had Invisiglass or the direct painted and cleared cabinets. Was there a difference with the backlash maybe (mirrored or more of a green going on or something)?

#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I recall reading about the Automated green edition. Don't know that it had Invisiglass or the direct painted and cleared cabinets. Was there a difference with the backlash maybe (mirrored or more of a green going on or something)?

No direct print cabinet, same backglass as the normal WOZ games. It's more or less a standard game with green armor, only 50 were made, originally with 1.1 or 1.4 LEDs but later the remaining stock was sent down by Automated to the factory so that 2.0 upgrade kits could be installed. Not sure how many he has left in stock at the moment.

#8041 4 years ago

If the card works, why do I need a screen from jjp? Does the screen have unique programming or firmware installed on it? If so, how can I get that? I should be able to install a replacement not from jjp.

There's an additional step invovled that I personally have not done. The BIOS has to be re-flashed I believe and then the card is programmed and installed. With the BIOS from the manufacturer the monitor will not work (else why re-flash it?). That's what I've been able to learn so far anyway.

#8042 4 years ago

This is correct.
It's a special automated edition.
Basically a standard with green armor.

It's closer to an RR than a standard. Standards don't have invisiglass, shaker, powdercoated rails/legs/lockdown like the special automated emerald green has.

#8043 4 years ago

The green and the ECLE are the same type of green?.... any comparison pics fellas?

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The green and the ECLE are the same type of green?.... any comparison pics fellas?

Yes it's identical.

#8046 4 years ago

So I'm joining the club very soon (ecle finally) and plan to buy that throne room mod. Does anyone know where on the light board the throne room plugs in?

Pics to come... Should have by EOD.

Thanks

#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm joining the club very soon (ecle finally) and plan to buy that throne room mod. Does anyone know where on the light board the throne room plugs in?
Thanks

I don’t think any mods connect to the light boards.

#8048 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks

It goes into a GI circuit. Not 12v, 6.8v max for throne room mod. Hardest part was finding the open connector in the harness.

#8049 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It goes into a GI circuit. Not 12v, 6.8v max for throne room mod. Hardest part was finding the open connector in the harness.

The led strip that lights the throne room connects to where though? Is there a pic in the manual?

#8050 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The led strip that lights the throne room connects to where though?

Connector there or right below the playfield.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/161?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.