20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 306.
#751 8 years ago

Sometimes full-plunge into the bumpers to hit the Capture Dorothy targets is also correct instead of taking the skill-shot points.

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Skill shotS. There are several.
The top lanes. Nudge into the lit one for 5k and a 2X bonus.
The witch. Short plunge to the upper right flipper and smack the witch. It starts a witch hurry up and awards 7500.
Short plunge to the upper right flipper and hit the haunted forest target. Quick way to start haunted modes. More points than the witch, but I forget the exact amount.
Short plunge to the upper right flipper, and then hit it out the left outlane... Because there is no way you are completing the last skill shot of hitting the lit BALL target. More points and as I recall, lights the crystal ball. But totally not worth the risk.

I believe the Witch skill shot also starts at 5000, same as the top lanes, Haunted Forest gives you 7500, and Crystal Ball is 10,000. They go up 1000 each subsequent time you hit them.

#753 8 years ago

My lane lights stopped working suddenly. Going to trouble shoot when I get some time. My JP is acting up with a switch issue as well which is more maddening at the moment. Hopefully its just a loose connector.

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Sometimes full-plunge into the bumpers to hit the Capture Dorothy targets is also correct instead of taking the skill-shot points.

This is my usual strategy with at least the first ball to get Dorothy lit.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Short plunge to the upper right flipper, and then hit it out the left outlane... Because there is no way you are completing the last skill shot of hitting the lit BALL target. More points and as I recall, lights the crystal ball. But totally not worth the risk.

Well, you could activate a short ball save to lessen the risk!

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Skill shotS. There are several.
The top lanes. Nudge into the lit one for 5k and a 2X bonus.
The witch. Short plunge to the upper right flipper and smack the witch. It starts a witch hurry up and awards 7500.
Short plunge to the upper right flipper and hit the haunted forest target. Quick way to start haunted modes. More points than the witch, but I forget the exact amount.

And if you continue to get the same skillshot multiple times in a game it's value goes up by 2500(?) each time.

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

So if you hit those two monkey targets in the pops, capture Dorothy lights above the lane up top? Then do you have to hit right orbit, left orbit, or it doesn't matter? Do you have to have Dorothy captured to start Rescue MB?

#758 8 years ago

So I'm new to WOZ and the rules, trying to figure it all out. Quick question.

So to get to the witch battle, I believe you have to do the following:
1. Play rescue multiball
2. Play emerald city multiball
3. Play 1 munchkin mode
4. Complete 3 witch hurry-ups

To start witch battle...not sure yet, maybe someone can chime in.

So why on the back glass screen does it show in the bottom left corner the haunted forest modes and no the witch hurry ups? All of the other 3 corners make sense and align with progressing towards the witch battle...but not the bottom left corner. Why is that? Am I missing something?

#759 8 years ago

You do need to capture Dorothy to start rescue MB.

Top Left shows rescue MB progress
Top right shows Emerald City
Bottom Left shows witch hurry up FB frenzy
Bottom right shows Munchin Mode

It shows this progress when you hold the flipper down

Complete all to battle the witch

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You do need to capture Dorothy to start rescue MB.

Um....I believe you do have to capture Dorothy.

Edit..sorry, read it incorrectly. You are correct.

#761 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So I'm new to WOZ and the rules, trying to figure it all out. Quick question.
So to get to the witch battle, I believe you have to do the following:
1. Play rescue multiball
2. Play emerald city multiball
3. Play 1 munchkin mode
4. Complete 3 witch hurry-ups
To start witch battle...not sure yet, maybe someone can chime in.
So why on the back glass screen does it show in the bottom left corner the haunted forest modes and no the witch hurry ups? All of the other 3 corners make sense and align with progressing towards the witch battle...but not the bottom left corner. Why is that? Am I missing something?

You're right, except number 4 you have to play the Fireball Frenzy (like starting the 4th hurry-up, but it's a cool mode instead). The bottom left is used for both Haunted Multiball and Fireball Frenzy, Hurryups are the witch in the center. They picked to show a Haunted instead of Hurryup progress in that corner because it's more relevant throughout the game...you'll know when you get fireball frenzy and qualified that Emerald!

#762 8 years ago

Hey guys. If you have speaker buzz from your WOZ, check this thread out. I made a post to it just now. I had really bad buzzing on mine and fixed it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wozecle-speakers-sound-tinny-buzzing

#763 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You're right, except number 4 you have to play the Fireball Frenzy (like starting the 4th hurry-up, but it's a cool mode instead).

So how many of you wind up like me and usually wind up having this as the last requirement needed for witch melting? If I'm on the last ball I usually kill the scarecrow deliberately just to get the melt the witch mode going...

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So how many of you wind up like me and usually wind up having this as the last requirement needed for witch melting? If I'm on the last ball I usually kill the scarecrow deliberately just to get the melt the witch mode going...

That's actually a good idea...

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I always have Rescue Multiball to do last...of course I go for the witch skill shot every time, which gives me a hurry up right away.

#766 8 years ago

Here's a video of my speaker buzz/hum fix.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Here's a video of my speaker buzz/hum fix.
» YouTube video

Great video! I'll have to do this to mine when I get a chance!

#768 8 years ago

Does someone have a pic of which way the topper is supposed to go on a standard? I didn't put mine on. Bought it with it on. Looking at pics of other machines....mine may be backwards? Here's a pic of mine.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#769 8 years ago

That's the way my standard topper looks. The front side is smooth and the back side is textured/etched.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does someone have a pic of which way the topper is supposed to go on a standard? I didn't put mine on. Bought it with it on. Looking at pics of other machines....mine may be backwards? Here's a pic of mine.

image.jpg

You do have the topper reversed unless they started etching them reversed. The etched side should be on the back.

#771 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You do have the topper reversed unless they started etching them reversed. The etched side should be on the back.

Mine looks like the picture. The etching is on the back.

#772 8 years ago

Ok I'll check to see which side is etched and make sure that is on the back.

#773 8 years ago

According to the flyer, your topper is backwards.

Woz Flyer_front_org.jpgWoz Flyer_front_org.jpg

#774 8 years ago

I wouldn't trust the flier. It also shows a standard with emerald armor. It's probably a Photoshop rather than a real photo.

The side with the etching goes on the back.

#775 8 years ago

My topper is correct. Etching on the back.

#776 8 years ago

Is there a thread with a map to all the modes?

#778 8 years ago

New fan last night! She played for about 20 minutes,she would not stop playing even after being offered ice cream.

IMG_0888[1].JPGIMG_0888[1].JPG IMG_0887[1].JPGIMG_0887[1].JPG IMG_0889[1].JPGIMG_0889[1].JPG
#779 8 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

New fan last night! She played for about 20 minutes,she would not stop playing even after being offered ice cream.

IMG_0888[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0887[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0889[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Yes--awesome! This is one reason I love WOZ, so many kids and not usual pinball fans loving it. Kids and adults always see it and want to play it when they come over to my house. My elderly mother-in-law really enjoyed playing it when she visited us.

Anything a kid wants more than ice cream and is healthy is awesome!

#780 8 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Yes--awesome! This is one reason I love WOZ, so many kids and not usual pinball fans loving it. Kids and adults always see it and want to play it when they come over to my house. My elderly mother-in-law really enjoyed playing it when she visited us.
Anything a kid wants more than ice cream and is healthy is awesome!

Exactly. That's also why redemption pinball is important for long term growth.

1 week later
#781 8 years ago

Had my best game tonight. Got to witch battle twice. Melted her the first time, but failed the second. Collected 4 gems. Such a good time. This game is great!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg image-471.jpgimage-471.jpg
#782 8 years ago

Can someone tell me tell me what it means when the Owl's eyes are lit and when the haunted forest sign LED is lit? I'm not fully understanding the "haunted" forest I guess. I hit the bumpers and spell haunted. Then I hit the collect VUK. haunted scoring starts. Then when it's finished and I relight haunted, collect does not light. Then there are these owl eyes and LED on the haunted forest sign. Anyone know what's going on?

woz1.jpgwoz1.jpg WOZ2.jpgWOZ2.jpg
#783 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me tell me what it means when the Owl's eyes are lit and when the haunted forest sign LED is lit? I'm not fully understanding the "haunted" forest I guess. I hit the bumpers and spell haunted. Then I hit the collect VUK. haunted scoring starts. Then when it's finished and I relight haunted, collect does not light. Then there are these owl eyes and LED on the haunted forest sign. Anyone know what's going on?

woz1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
WOZ2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I think it means that you are already running a haunted mode. You can't start another until it completes.

PS: This is an educated guess. Normally I'm more sure, but in this case, I'm not. I do know that you can't overlap Haunted modes though, no matter how many times you spell it the collect will not light.

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think it means that you are already running a haunted mode. You can't start another until it completes.
PS: This is an educated guess. Normally I'm more sure, but in this case, I'm not. I do know that you can't overlap Haunted modes though, no matter how many times you spell it the collect will not light.

Yes, that's it, but you can spell haunted to increase values for the round I believe.

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, that's it, but you can spell haunted to increase values for the round I believe.

Aaahhh. Ok. I'll try and play tonight to verify that. Thank you for the responses.

#786 8 years ago

One more question on Haunted modes. Do they get progressively harder to qualify and light collect? Like the 2nd time do you have to spell collect twice? 3rd time spell it three times? Or do you only have to spell collect once each time?

#787 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

One more question on Haunted modes. Do they get progressively harder to qualify and light collect?

Yes

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does it? I didn't know that. I always just go after the thing that the modes is for as soon as it starts. I tend to ignore other objectives during haunted modes because they can be so lucrative.

#789 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I might be able play WOZ in eastern PA?

#790 8 years ago

Actually, no. Perhaps they should, though.

Sequence:

HAUNTED while nothing running and collect not lit->light collect to start a haunted mode
HAUNTED while collect is lit->item value increases
HAUNTED while mode running->+10s
HAUNTED while HMB running->requalify jackpot if not lit. otherwise nothing iirc

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sequence:
HAUNTED while nothing running and collect not lit->light collect to start a haunted mode

Ahh...didn't know about the time adder. I always thought I increased that with Glinda when playing (she does too).

#792 8 years ago

Hi guys. Anybody knows how to complete the rescue mb?
After 7 months still fail to understand how to get the mega jackpot, however last week I noticed that after getting super jackpot there are plenty green arrows light (it was my impression or the green lights lasted few seconds?)

Assuming that to get the mega jackpot should be something like this
1- 3 shots to the guard (triple jackpot)
2- smash castle doors and get the ball in (super jackpot)
3- complete all the green shots (alla monster bash)?
4- ?

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Hi guys. Anybody knows how to complete the rescue mb?
After 7 months still fail to understand how to get the mega jackpot, however last week I noticed that after getting super jackpot there are plenty green arrows light (it was my impression or the green lights lasted few seconds?)
Assuming that to get the mega jackpot should be something like this
1- 3 shots to the guard (triple jackpot)
2- smash castle doors and get the ball in (super jackpot)
3- complete all the green shots (alla monster bash)?
4- ?

You need three shots to each of the six main shots on the main playfield (triple jackpot on each shot). Each triple JP will light one of the RESCUE targets red for super JP on the castle playfield. At that point you need to combo the search loop to saucer behind the doors to get the MEGA JP. It's insanely tough. Good luck.

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You need three shots to each of the six main shots on the main playfield (triple jackpot on each shot). Each triple JP will light one of the RESCUE targets red for super JP on the castle playfield. At that point you need to combo the search loop to saucer behind the doors to get the MEGA JP. It's insanely tough. Good luck.

Thanks pimp!

Guess only stacking with ECMB you can get a small chance.

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sequence:

I was thinking of the number of pop bumper hits needed to light collect. Is that the same? Maybe I just suck because it feels like more hits are needed to light the next COLLECT.

#796 8 years ago

With what is out there now for sale anybody that does not believe woz is a master piece is in the confused section,come on,it is far from perfect but a master piece none the less

#797 8 years ago

What happens when you complete 'there's no place like home'? You get your ball back? I cannot seem to pass it...can hit toto pretty easily.

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What happens when you complete 'there's no place like home'? You get your ball back? I cannot seem to pass it...can hit toto pretty easily.

Yes, you get your ball back. It's pretty satisfying when you do it.

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I added some time to each objective. Still haven't finished it...

#800 8 years ago

How do you get on the TNPLH champion or whatever high score? I finally completed a sequence, and got my ball back, but I wasnt put as the new TNPLH leader. Is there some other way to score points in that mode that I am missing? Or am I thinking of SWOTRB? I am pretty sure there is a TNPLH score that comes up with the high scores.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.