BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 305.
#7601 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Damnit, my WOZ exploded... actually, there was a twister!
[quoted image][quoted image]

OMGWAFM

#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Probably the strip went bad, they fail somewhat frequently. You could check the voltage going to it - I want to say 12 volts but I don’t recall offhand, best to check the manual. Fortunately replacement led strips are rather inexpensive. Good luck!

Most every non-RGB light is 12v, so good assumption. Someone else posted recently that this went out, I think they even have it on the JJP web store.

#7603 4 years ago

I didn't like the solid LED light on the state fair balloon and the flame LED from comet was anything but.. it's just a rotating flashing light. So, I bought some flickering LED bulbs and they are way more realistic and pretty freaking bright

1 LED https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGKeovZqhy6nsYt78
2 LEDs https://photos.app.goo.gl/VJ4JHdnGzwoJdSoG7

I have a bunch leftover if anyone wants to do this, I think I had to buy 20 at a time.

#7604 4 years ago

Tried to do regular maintenance on my WOZ RR today and found the Test report shows
"Check matrixes switch #70 RESCU(E) (stuck open)"

I have not lifted up the playfield to check. But do I need to order a new switch for it? or I need to take out the castle play field to confirm?

Thanks.

#7605 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Is there anything to check ?

12 volts DC at the connector ? If yes. You need to get a new led strip.

LTG : )

#7606 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Light-Strip-LED-WoZ-head-etching.html

Says out of stock. You could call and find out availability.

#7607 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Tried to do regular maintenance on my WOZ RR today and found the Test report shows
I have not lifted up the playfield to check. But do I need to order a new switch for it? or I need to take out the castle play field to confirm?
Thanks.

Stuck open? Sounds like maybe a wire came loose... usually those switches only need to be replaced if the contacts wear out. Shouldn't be that kind of wear yet. Stuck close I would assume the switch needs adjusting then, but stuck open sounds like a broken solder joint? Lloyd?

#7608 4 years ago

Since it's 12v you could also just grab a small green LED strip and splice it in.

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This.

I just went through this too. The part number for the LED strip is 19-003016-00. I’d call them as they had them in stock even though site says out of stock.

#7610 4 years ago

I didn't like the solid LED light on the state fair balloon and the flame LED from comet was anything but.. it's just a rotating flashing light. So, I bought some flickering LED bulbs and they are way more realistic and pretty freaking bright
1 LED https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGKeovZqhy6nsYt78
2 LEDs https://photos.app.goo.gl/VJ4JHdnGzwoJdSoG7
I have a bunch leftover if anyone wants to do this, I think I had to buy 20 at a time.

Checked out your videos. It looks good! Is it just me or does the two led version look more flickery compared to the single led? The 1 led video looks more like a blink than a flicker. Are these different bulbs (two diodes in one lamp) or two separate bulbs? I'm guessing the former since I assume these are mounted like standard pop bumper body lights with one socket threaded into the middle of the pop body.

#7611 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Checked out your videos. It looks good! Is it just me or does the two led version look more flickery compared to the single led? The 1 led video looks more like a blink than a flicker. Are these different bulbs (two diodes in one lamp) or two separate bulbs? I'm guessing the former since I assume these are mounted like standard pop bumper body lights with one socket threaded into the middle of the pop body.

I didn't look specifically, so I'm not sure if they blink randomly or if they have the same pattern. I am guessing the former, so two probably gives a more flickering look. They are individual 12v LEDs with wire leads. In the video I'm just holding them there, hooked up to a 12v power source. I retrofitted them into a bulb base so I could plug it into the socket I installed in the pop bumper. I just did one for right now, can easily swap it out for two. I need to see how it looks in the game with all of the lights on, I think one might be too dim.
0524191637 (resized).jpg0524191637 (resized).jpg0524191638 (resized).jpg0524191638 (resized).jpg

#7612 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Thanks.

Did you press the (E) in test mode to see if it registers? You will get a test report simply if a switch hasn’t been activated in a while. The E is hard to hit, so it may be working fine, and you just haven’t hit it in the game lately.

#7613 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did you press the (E) in test mode to see if it registers? You will get a test report simply if a switch hasn’t been activated in a while. The E is hard to hit, so it may be working fine, and you just haven’t hit it in the game lately.

Yes, I did. While I press "E" switch, you wouldn't register.

#7614 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Yes, I did. While I press "E" switch, you wouldn't register.

You may have to take out the castle playfield to look. Could just be a broken wire if that is the only switch having issues.

#7615 4 years ago

Updated the code on my ECLE to 7.01 today. Hooray!

I first tried Unetbootin, b/c that was listed first on JJP's page, & it had lots of nice hand-holding screen grabs spelling out the settings & where to click.

But...it didn't work. Got this error when booting WOZ:
20190525_100539 (resized).jpg20190525_100539 (resized).jpg

Then went w/ Rufus & its default settings:
20190525_101014 (resized).jpg20190525_101014 (resized).jpg
Worked!

Settings backed up before the update & restored after the update.

All seems well. Hooray!
Now, I the hardest part will be finding time to play...

-Jason

#7616 4 years ago

Excited to finally join the club! Just picked up a 2015 RR 75th Anniversary and 2 things stand out. The lights seem to behave rather strange with constant flickering / ghosting (see vid). And the monkey magnet seems rather weak and doesn't hold the ball. Might be worth noting it still has the old 5.0 software. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

#7617 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

And the monkey magnet seems rather weak and doesn't hold the ball.

Reseat all connectors involved with it. Back of big metal box with all the boards.Shove the connector together tight both sides of the metal wall.

Quoted from adamross:

The lights seem to behave rather strange with constant flickering / ghosting (see vid).

Check data harnesses and power connector to each board. Be sure they are on tight, and no wire sticking out of one. Then treat like a failed LED board, find last working one, first one after it that is flickering is the problem.

#7618 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Reseat all connectors involved with it. Back of big metal box with all the boards.Shove the connector together tight both sides of the metal wall.

Check data harnesses and power connector to each board. Be sure they are on tight, and no wire sticking out of one. Then treat like a failed LED board, find last working one, first one after it that is flickering is the problem.

Will give it a shot, thank you!

#7619 4 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the back of their haunted trees breaking? Specifically around the mounting nuts. I bought a used RR and the PO had that issue and then one of the trees that it came to me with had that same issue. The threaded rod that the hex spacer mounts to (the rod that comes off the metal bumper skirt) also snapped and left the end inside the hex spacer. On the SE WOZ that I've had for some time I never once had an issue with the trees or any part of the pop bumper. I was able to fab up a hex spacer to replace it and luckily I had a spare tree. Also... I had to dremel a whole ton off the back of the tree to get the nuts to thread on at all.

#7620 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I installed my first mod on my WOZ RR. I added a second screen on the apron. No cutting or drilling. It was so easy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Details please!!!

#7621 4 years ago

Just a little mod that I've wanted to do. Sorry for the upside down video. It's the winky light up target but when it goes down, the light turns off. It's purple in this test, it's the bulb I had on hand. I was annoyed by the light still being on when the target was down so I fabbed up a little switch that triggers when it is down. Was tough to fit it in there with the other matrix switch that is on the mech. Pretty happy with the results.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KSXwneMi5rbMaWa38

#7622 4 years ago

Makes putting the wireform back in a heck of a lot easier. You can put the nut on ahead of time and just slide it in. For whatever reason the RR I just bought has way less room to put this in than my SE. With the SE I could get a long socket down in there but there was no way on this one. But, once the wireform was slid on the post I could just get the long socket and extension in there to tighten down.

0525191459 (resized).jpg0525191459 (resized).jpg
#7623 4 years ago

Just got the game back together. Coils are still dangling, waiting on sleeves. All of the lighting is installed except I am adding an additional flickering flame shooting out below the state fair balloon. I am going to change some of the bulbs as well, the purple is getting a bit too homogenized. It's less so in person but still a bit much. Maybe I'll add some dimmers so I can control each set of spots.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L6fUfymwSdNCU4XP8

0525192237 (resized).jpg0525192237 (resized).jpg
#7624 4 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the back of their haunted trees breaking? Specifically around the mounting nuts. I bought a used RR and the PO had that issue and then one of the trees that it came to me with had that same issue. The threaded rod that the hex spacer mounts to (the rod that comes off the metal bumper skirt) also snapped and left the end inside the hex spacer. On the SE WOZ that I've had for some time I never once had an issue with the trees or any part of the pop bumper. I was able to fab up a hex spacer to replace it and luckily I had a spare tree. Also... I had to dremel a whole ton off the back of the tree to get the nuts to thread on at all.

I noticed one of my trees is cracked in the back like that, haven't ordered a replacement yet and it hadn't happened before. Have had the game for about 3 years.

#7625 4 years ago

Here's it with a few accent flame lights near the pop bumper.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vFKj54RbxK94KwRh8

Not sure I care for it much, might move them around.

#7626 4 years ago

Happy day here. Picked this up yesterday, set it up today. Man, it’s gonna take some time to figure this one out. I assume it’s much deeper than say, TZ? Can’t wait to log some hours on it!

EEDC6FC2-73D2-4E0C-A96C-C09A30D1131A (resized).jpegEEDC6FC2-73D2-4E0C-A96C-C09A30D1131A (resized).jpeg
#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Happy day here. Picked this up yesterday, set it up today. Man, it’s gonna take some time to figure this one out. I assume it’s much deeper than say, TZ? Can’t wait to log some hours on it![quoted image]

Wooo, welcome. Yes, maybe the deepest game I've played, close with JJPOTC.

#7628 4 years ago

Wooo, welcome. Yes, maybe the deepest game I've played, close with JJPOTC.

JJPOTC was a contender for me. There is a JJPOTC CE at Zanzabar in Louisville, close to where I live. I put in a few hours on it and man....what a game! Wish LEs were more plentiful. I have a feeling they’ll go up in price, not down...

#7629 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

JJPOTC was a contender for me. There is a JJPOTC CE at Zanzabar in Louisville, close to where I live. I put in a few hours on it and man....what a game! Wish LEs were more plentiful. I have a feeling they’ll go up in price, not down...

LEs are basically unobtanium. Some SE's around and my feeling (along with the general consensus in the POTC threads) is that if you want a POTC get the SE if you can. Jury is out as to if they will make any more with Wonka on the line. The most important parts of the LE can be added or modded.

#7630 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any tips on finding the connector that goes to the monkey? Just to clarify, the monkey moves it's the magnet that isn't working.

IMG_1741 (resized).jpegIMG_1741 (resized).jpeg
#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Any tips on finding the connector that goes to the monkey?

There is a connector near the monkey magnet in the rear of the playfield. The manual has the I/O board pinouts. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

#7632 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a connector near the monkey magnet in the rear of the playfield. The manual has the I/O board pinouts. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

I used to ask a lot of these questions too, until Lloyd kept referring me to the manual and then I realized, yes... the manual has almost everything you need. Sometimes it was harder to find specifics but if I used the bookmarks and then skimmed a bit, sure enough it's all there. Now I just have the PDFs of the JJP manuals I need on my desktop, mostly always open in my PDF reader.

#7633 4 years ago

Ok I probably need to read the rule book, but when I first launch the ball, I am assuming I cannot change the lane with my flipper to light it green to get a skill shot?

#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I probably need to read the rule book, but when I first launch the ball, I am assuming I cannot change the lane with my flipper to light it green to get a skill shot?

Not for the skill shot, but during regular game play, the flippers control the upper lanes.

#7635 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Correct, no lane change (edit: during the skill shot). but you dont want to bother with that any way . You can short plunge and hit the witch, or whichever "BALL" standup is lit, or the skill shot between the pops (those will all payoff much bigger). For me, on my first ball i skip all that and hard plunge to get into the pops (so i can try to start a haunted mode) however, I am admittedly not a very good WOZ player. lol.

#7636 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Correct, no lane change (edit: during the skill shot). but you dont want to bother with that any way . You can short plunge and hit the witch, or whichever "BALL" standup is lit, or the skill shot between the pops (those will all payoff much bigger). For me, on my first ball i skip all that and hard plunge to get into the pops (so i can try to start a haunted mode) however, I am admittedly not a very good WOZ player. lol.

I've been working on the haunted skill shot. I get it once every few shots so it seems to pay off. Otherwise I go witch, I have never gotten "BALL" skillshot.

#7637 4 years ago

I've been working on the haunted skill shot. I get it once every few shots so it seems to pay off. Otherwise I go witch, I have never gotten "BALL" skillshot.

me either, i go for the witch, easiest skill payoff IMHO

#7638 4 years ago

Howdy-

2 lighting questions:

1. The throne room wizard head has a bit of flicker. Not the consistent pulsing when it's "lit" for a shot.
Sign of LED strip pooping out? Reseat connector? Other?

2. After playing for a bit (15 minutes-ish, sometimes longer?) some of the light boards go out or go dim & "freeze." No real pattern to which ones go unresponsive or their particular behavior.
I don't *think* it's a case of a board going out & all boards downstream also go out.
A hard reset of the machine always fixes the lights.
The delay before misbehavior, & the inconsistency suggests...a heat issue? Reseat or wiggle the RGB LED board cables?

Game is ECLE S/N 0196, an early build. Has 5V PCBs, except W5 Haunted Forest PCB is 7.5V.

Thank you,
-Jason

#7639 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Howdy-
2 lighting questions:
1. The throne room wizard head has a bit of flicker. Not the consistent pulsing when it's "lit" for a shot.
Sign of LED strip pooping out? Reseat connector? Other?
2. After playing for a bit (15 minutes-ish, sometimes longer?) some of the light boards go out or go dim & "freeze." No real pattern to which ones go unresponsive or their particular behavior.
I don't *think* it's a case of a board going out & all boards downstream also go out.
A hard reset of the machine always fixes the lights.
The delay before misbehavior, & the inconsistency suggests...a heat issue? Reseat or wiggle the RGB LED board cables?
Game is ECLE S/N 0196, an early build. Has 5V PCBs, except W5 Haunted Forest PCB is 7.5V.
Thank you,
-Jason
Thanks,
-Jason

Loose connection or worn fatigued cable at this point.
Consider the 2.0 upgragde now, 5v games are getting pretty old...

#7640 4 years ago

Only got it a few times on more. It’s an extremely late flip for 10K points .

I’m really enjoying the Horse of a different Color challenge . I’ve had 6 horses on the bottom left of the screen but not 7.
I’m still learning how it all works. All the same Color horse or all different colours to progress to 5 horses. The cow and the red horses are the most valuable from what I can tell.The chameleon horse is wild obviously but of how much value I do not know.

#7641 4 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Only got it a few times on more. It’s an extremely late flip for 10K points .
I’m really enjoying the Horse of a different Color challenge . I’ve had 6 horses on the bottom left of the screen but not 7.
I’m still learning how it all works. All the same Color horse or all different colours to progress to 5 horses. The cow and the red horses are the most valuable from what I can tell.The chameleon horse is wild obviously but of how much value I do not know.

I JUST got it.. this thread got me wanting to try it out more. It was accidental, I mean I was going for it but didn't even see what letter I needed, just trying to get the shot.

I have no idea how the horses work, I need to look in to that. I just shoot the shots I only just started getting the munchkin loop enough times, lol.

#7642 4 years ago

Play a few games and concentrate only on HOADC,you'll soon begin to see how it works.

Shoot for 4 horses at the start of each game.Same color or 4 different colors.

Backhand from the right flipper and hold the right flipper button in keeping the upper right flipper open for a collect.

Plunge the ball.Now there are 5 horses to collect and so on.

#7643 4 years ago

I have to ask once since I keep hearing it ..

What exactly is "backhand" .. Does that mean if I'm using the left flipper and I use the upper portion of the flipper and the ball goes to the left that I'm backhanding the left flipper?

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I have to ask once since I keep hearing it ..
What exactly is "backhand" .. Does that mean if I'm using the left flipper and I use the upper portion of the flipper and the ball goes to the left that I'm backhanding the left flipper?

Correct.

#7646 4 years ago

Collecting HOADC is one of the most powerful things you can do in a game because it multiplies your Munchkin mode points if you collect successfully. It is a very difficult shot since it can be so powerful. Just try stacking something like Munchkin frenzy with a crystal ball multiplier and a multiball and have the Munchkin multiplier active as well. Your bonus will be insane. (The Munchkin mode awards are collected during the bonus phase.). Just don’t tilt or it all goes away. I had a 400,000 point bonus once. I think that was the most I’ve ever collected.

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Happy day here. Picked this up yesterday, set it up today. Man, it’s gonna take some time to figure this one out. I assume it’s much deeper than say, TZ? Can’t wait to log some hours on it![quoted image]

Congrats!!! A great, great game there....

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Collecting HOADC is one of the most powerful things you can do in a game because it multiplies your Munchkin mode points if you collect successfully. It is a very difficult shot since it can be so powerful. Just try stacking something like Munchkin frenzy with a crystal ball multiplier and a multiball and have the Munchkin multiplier active as well. Your bonus will be insane. (The Munchkin mode awards are collected during the bonus phase.). Just don’t tilt or it all goes away. I had a 400,000 point bonus once. I think that was the most I’ve ever collected.

Makes sense. I love the basic stacking of multiball and crystal ball, combine that with the munchkin and it's a hoot. Would be nice to have another to add on, so HOADC is now on my list to complete.

#7649 4 years ago

I love my WOZ and Dialed in CE so much Im going to get POTC now. But I only have room for one more pin, what u guys think get POTC or wait for toy story?

#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I love my WOZ and Dialed in CE so much Im going to get POTC now. But I only have room for one more pin, what u guys think get POTC or wait for toy story?

If TS ends up being on par with Wonka I would go POTC. That was the choice I made in almost the exact same spot, POTC over Wonka.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/153?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.