BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 305.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

They may have redesigned their target, I just know that initially they were breaking constantly and the reviews reflect that. It might be a better product now, but the initial problems were why I steered clear and have been VERY happy with Indypinhead's design.
As for the color changing bulb, it does not change in conjunction with the rest of the lights and Im okay with that. It was either going to be an always on solid color, or a slow fade to many colors. I went with the changing colors. I didnt do any extra work to make it on/off as you are thinking or to try and get it to go with the rest of the light show. I suppose there would be a way to get a JJP LED board and have it mirror another close by light so it works in conjunction with the rest of the game? Something to think about I suppose..

Yeah, I just want to see what the target looks like with the color changing bulb. I have the green and I'm looking for a change. Haven't ever seen that bulb actually used, just on the comet site browsing. I am ordering from Marco right now and adding in one of their color changing bulbs to test out.

I was thinking about the possibility of robbing a light board connection to feed another but I am not sure how that would fair with the JJP lighting system. It seems pretty specific as to how many boards are in the game but maybe someone more knowledgable would be able to answer. I have a bunch of extra GI boards coming in from a JJP order so I can test it out with GI lighting. I don't want to screw anything up. Would be even better if we knew what model connector is used in the GI boards and could build or buy a splitter for easy hookup.

I really wanted to find a cool fire bulb for the balloon but the comet one was disappointing. I ordered some others from ebay which seem to be more of a flicker and less of a "rotating blink" kind of light.

#7552 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Actually, if you want the light up winkie target, indypinhead from Pinside make a superior one. Nothing against Mezelmods as they make some great stuff, but there have been issues with their winkie and the one indypinhead makes is way better.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

This is the best drop down mod target for WOZ hands down. It's solid and will take bashing forever. The other drop target mods break too easily.

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is the best drop down mod target for WOZ hands down. It's solid and will take bashing forever. The other drop target mods break too easily.

Welp, guess I'll order one as a backup

#7554 4 years ago

So my mom (trained manicurist using gel/uv cured polish) says she thinks it will hold up. Here is an option I think I might order which will let me mix and match to get the right shade:

https://www.amazon.com/VEAMOR-Platinum-Manicure-Pedicure-Colorful/dp/B01N4OK5DM/ref=sr_1_7

I already have clear here from my wife so I just need the UV light. I think it would be the easiest to put on, if it just holds up.

edit.. HA... look what color my wife has. And we have a "uv" blacklight from dog urine finding, testing to see if that will work. It's 8 AAA batteries versus the huge device the use to cure nails so I am guessing it will take a lot longer. If it works and looks good I'll grab a better light from Amazon.

0521191850 (resized).jpg0521191850 (resized).jpg
#7555 4 years ago

Holy miracle batman! Not only does the little light cure it (takes a while) but the color is almost like a perfect match! This is before curing. It is as thin of a coat I could get on there but I'll ask my wife if there is thinner we can use to get it even better. Then I'll add a clear coat. It's curing now, seems to take like 3-5 minutes with the little light but I'm leaving it longer.
0521191857 (resized).jpg0521191857 (resized).jpg

*Edit... hekk! Here it is cured! I just noticed that the siderails, lockbar and legs are a different color. They are lighter red and less sparkle. Maybe I can lighten this color up, it already has less sparkle.

0521191908a (resized).jpg0521191908a (resized).jpg

*Edit2... and here is a chip on the side rail that is completely hidden so I figured I'd test. It matches pretty darn close, so I think maybe the only difference is between the ramps and rails is that the ramps have larger flake. This is one coat, I am curing a second coat now and going to apply a third to bring it up to the right level. Really thin coats. I really hope this stuff holds up.

0521192019 (resized).jpg0521192019 (resized).jpg

#7556 4 years ago

I was reading down the thread and was going to suggest nail polish paint, most of it is enamel and the gel stuff is even harder cure. Best part it includes the touch up brush!

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

They may have redesigned their target, I just know that initially they were breaking constantly and the reviews reflect that. It might be a better product now, but the initial problems were why I steered clear and have been VERY happy with Indypinhead's design.
As for the color changing bulb, it does not change in conjunction with the rest of the lights and Im okay with that. It was either going to be an always on solid color, or a slow fade to many colors. I went with the changing colors. I didnt do any extra work to make it on/off as you are thinking or to try and get it to go with the rest of the light show. I suppose there would be a way to get a JJP LED board and have it mirror another close by light so it works in conjunction with the rest of the game? Something to think about I suppose..

Indy pinhead polycarbonate target is light years ahead.

Thousands of plays and still perfect.

Went thru 9 mezel targets in 2000 plays.

Just sayin...

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I was reading down the thread and was going to suggest nail polish paint, most of it is enamel and the gel stuff is even harder cure. Best part it includes the touch up brush!

Looks like there is a bit of a curing issue with this light, which makes sense. I tried to go to three coats and it's a little soft. I might just grab a better light (this was some cheap "find the pee" light) and try again.

#7559 4 years ago

Btw, here is the polish: https://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Polish-Pumps-Fluid/dp/B0026NR37W/ref=asc_df_B0026NR37W/

Modfather said he might make it available in smaller quantities and with a UV light (well, that was my suggestion). It's pretty cheap as it is, but still waiting on curing results from a new light.

#7560 4 years ago

Ack, hold off on the nail polish. That polish is not UV apparently, my wife didn't tell me that! So I am working on UV options now. Apparently it takes a base coat (primer of sorts), color coat and then top coat (gloss). She doesn't have an exact match so trying some things out and looking for options from what I posted before.

#7561 4 years ago

Just wanted to post that I have a bought a couple pins from Automated coin services, and thats where I got my RR WOZ from, best customer service. They always go above and beyond

#7563 4 years ago

Finally! It is an honor to be a Member of your Club now fellas... also 1st JJP for me

I’m extremely happy with all the details in this Yellow Brick Edition, the translite, glossy decals, the art blades, the new topper. Etc, the yellow looks much better personally than the pics, definitely a beautiful Pinball.

Regards

533E870A-7545-4DF4-84DC-0A47656FF4B5 (resized).png533E870A-7545-4DF4-84DC-0A47656FF4B5 (resized).png4C384139-CAF1-47A3-84A1-847D9F35035B (resized).jpeg4C384139-CAF1-47A3-84A1-847D9F35035B (resized).jpeg6695860F-FA32-4602-95C2-5C52FE77A5C4 (resized).jpeg6695860F-FA32-4602-95C2-5C52FE77A5C4 (resized).jpegF34E04B7-90BC-4ED6-8F5D-4BE4EC2EAA82 (resized).jpegF34E04B7-90BC-4ED6-8F5D-4BE4EC2EAA82 (resized).jpegFF538936-B99C-494F-BF3D-32FCB96DAC86 (resized).jpegFF538936-B99C-494F-BF3D-32FCB96DAC86 (resized).jpegA809617A-34C3-49A4-9A49-134DFBC815D5 (resized).jpegA809617A-34C3-49A4-9A49-134DFBC815D5 (resized).jpeg9920D837-0BC1-4D8D-985B-9DF536A0A45B (resized).jpeg9920D837-0BC1-4D8D-985B-9DF536A0A45B (resized).jpegA8164172-E026-4F20-A1DB-BECFED138411 (resized).jpegA8164172-E026-4F20-A1DB-BECFED138411 (resized).jpegBDD838AA-098F-449D-A052-4F667A11B576 (resized).jpegBDD838AA-098F-449D-A052-4F667A11B576 (resized).jpeg
#7564 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Finally! It is an honor to be a Member of your Club now fellas... also 1st JJP for me
I’m extremely happy with all the details in this Yellow Brick Edition, the translite, glossy decals, the art blades, the new topper. Etc, the yellow looks much better personally than the pics, definitely a beautiful Pinball.
Regards[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
Beautiful game room and home.

#7565 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Regards[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice color coordination! Those pillows look really great with the game standing nearby.

#7566 4 years ago

Does anyone want to sell a witch smoke mod ?

#7567 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hey man is the side show vader? I was thinking about ordering it but didnt know if it looked authentic or not
THanks

#7568 4 years ago

Just got my first WOZ! Looks pretty stock standard, just wondering what the best non-permanent mods are people would recommend?

#7569 4 years ago
Quoted from Dansur:

Just got my first WOZ! Looks pretty stock standard, just wondering what the best non-permanent mods are people would recommend?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/151#post-5005847

#7570 4 years ago

Looking at the powdercoat on those two games side-by-side, I can't help thinking...Packer fan?

Don C.

Green and gold (resized).pngGreen and gold (resized).png
#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Looking at the powdercoat on those two games side-by-side, I can't help thinking...Packer fan?
Don C.[quoted image]

275183A9-AF20-4A88-B817-987D9B5AFAFE (resized).jpeg275183A9-AF20-4A88-B817-987D9B5AFAFE (resized).jpeg
#7572 4 years ago

It's all about those details.

Titan rubber rings (I used the database kit, I am not sure the green works here and I might swap it back to black), black anodized nuts, black washers. Waiting for my green nuts to go on the slings and such. I have white nylon washers to use there. Going to look for anodized washers to match.

0523191227 (resized).jpg0523191227 (resized).jpg
#7573 4 years ago

Hey guys I have some rattling noise going on mostly when shaker goes off even in low setting . It seems to be coming from upper play field or backbox but have no idea maybe even that tornado toy . Anyone have this before ?

#7574 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I have some rattling noise going on mostly when shaker goes off even in low setting . It seems to be coming from upper play field or backbox but have no idea maybe even that tornado toy . Anyone have this before ?

Go into test mode and try the shaker from there. Turn it on while pressing on things. Try pressing on the playfield glass, going through each corner to see if the rattling stops. If not, try pressing on the back glass. If the playfield glass is rattling, you can use anti rattle tape at the edge to give it a snugger fit. On a different pin, I just used a small strip of duct tape, and the rattling went away. If the glass is not causing it, then trying holding different things on the playfield itself to see if you can locate the culprit.

#7575 4 years ago

Sometimes shaker motors can knock another part loose. Check around to see if you can tell what’s making the noise and look for a free nut in the bottom of the cabinet.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Go into test mode and try the shaker from there. Turn it on while pressing on things. Try pressing on the playfield glass, going through each corner to see if the rattling stops. If not, try pressing on the back glass. If the playfield glass is rattling, you can use anti rattle tape at the edge to give it a snugger fit. On a different pin, I just used a small strip of duct tape, and the rattling went away. If the glass is not causing it, then trying holding different things on the playfield itself to see if you can locate the culprit.

Do u know where in test mode shaker is ? I’ve been looking for it . Thanks !

#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Probably in the coils area. I can look later. You will need to pull the coin door switch to use it while the door is open.

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Also just want to say this game is awesome . There is so much on the play field it’s crazy. I got a spinnng house , a witch that appears , castle doors to break open , mini games like save Toto etc , a crystal ball , and a freaking monkey plus more ! Awesome game !
[quoted image]

Isn't there supposed to be a limited edition number sticker on the apron? Mine doesn't have one, and it looks like yours doesn't either. Is the number located somewhere else?

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Isn't there supposed to be a limited edition number sticker on the apron? Mine doesn't have one, and it looks like yours doesn't either. Is the number located somewhere else?

Mine was in the coin box, you have to apply it yourself. Im not very good at applying stickers, so I just left it in there. Check your coin box. I wish they had just put this on for you at the factory.

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Probably in the coils area. I can look later. You will need to pull the coin door switch to use it while the door is open.

Ok awesome. I love opening the coin door and getting that newish pinball metal/electronic/wooden smell. Its the best!

#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Don C.[quoted image]

How come the legs in your photos on your pins look like they come out a bit, all my machines look straight up and down. Am I putting them on wrong?!

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How come the legs in your photos on your pins look like they come out a bit, all my machines look straight up and down. Am I putting them on wrong?!

New jjp legs come out. Take a look.

B06B2EE0-B8FD-4319-AE6E-305348C36C8F (resized).jpegB06B2EE0-B8FD-4319-AE6E-305348C36C8F (resized).jpeg
#7583 4 years ago

I installed my first mod on my WOZ RR. I added a second screen on the apron. No cutting or drilling. It was so easy!

85B52186-FB94-42A7-ADDE-1CC92921AA4F (resized).jpeg85B52186-FB94-42A7-ADDE-1CC92921AA4F (resized).jpegD1B93A72-FC7F-4DC4-BB54-3EA526F06971 (resized).jpegD1B93A72-FC7F-4DC4-BB54-3EA526F06971 (resized).jpeg4507DA51-63FD-4AE5-B8A4-AB154B1AA4AE (resized).jpeg4507DA51-63FD-4AE5-B8A4-AB154B1AA4AE (resized).jpeg
#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I installed my first mod on my WOZ RR. I added a second screen on the apron. No cutting or drilling. It was so easy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

how did you do this?

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

I installed my first mod on my WOZ RR. I added a second screen on the apron. No cutting or drilling. It was so easy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pirates has this by default. I didn't know it could be done on other machines.

#7586 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Pirates has this by default. I didn't know it could be done on other machines.

The one on pirates shows unique content, this is mirroring the backbox screen. There were many attempts to do this a while ago but there were issues getting a screen that worked properly on all games so it kinda fizzled out.

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

New jjp legs come out. Take a look.[quoted image]

Looks like they mount higher up on the cabinet than they do on the older WOZs, I guess this is the new cabinet design. Are the legs now longer as well?

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Looks like they mount higher up on the cabinet than they do on the older WOZs, I guess this is the new cabinet design. Are the legs now longer as well?

Yeah the new legs look great, but it was either legs or flying monkey for me. Once I lubed up that stupid monkey mine has been working great! Anyways how do I install that LCD in the apron!
Mo

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Legs are all the same length as they were before, just the mounts have moved.

#7590 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Tests - Coils - #42 shaker motor.

LTG : )

#7591 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Legs are all the same length as they were before, just the mounts have moved.

So the game sits a little lower now unless you move the levelers up, interesting.

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

So the game sits a little lower now unless you move the levelers up, interesting.

Just the front. I think the goal is to have approximately the right angle when placed on a level surface with the adjusters screwed all the way in.

#7593 4 years ago

Damnit, my WOZ exploded... actually, there was a twister!

0524191323 (resized).jpg0524191323 (resized).jpg0524191324 (resized).jpg0524191324 (resized).jpg

#7594 4 years ago

Scary ! What are you doing to it ?

#7595 4 years ago

YBR WOZ has the 30.5" legs - longer than the other WOZ models

#7596 4 years ago

I ordered that audio doohickey thingy to get rid of the audio hissing and crap from amazon. HOpe it helps

#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Scary ! What are you doing to it ?

Let's see... I bought all new rubbers from titan (color matched, but the database list they had was sort of incorrect so I just placed an order for the right items). I installed the entire Cliffy kit (which basically necessitates taking the game apart). I fixed some playfield chipping behind the winky, at the upper magnet and at the throne room, painted them in and cleared it. I fixed some chipping along the munchkin playfield where the air balls hit it (cleared it so far) and then going to paint it and clear again, then install the cliffy there. I installed some custom RGB LED lighting on the gouvea witch mod, trough and backboard. I am installing a flickering flame light on the state fair balloon and a lighted winky target. I polished and waxed the playfield and installed some mylar in a few areas that were getting wear (near the top lanes where the sling is and around the right top bend). Probably going to throw a bit more mylar around the pops, the installed piece they have there from the factory is stupidly short in some places so the playfield still gets worn right under the pops. I installed many of the sticker kit (ball, glinda, monkeys, skill shot, castle playfield, etc). I installed 6 spotlights around the playfield.

I think that's it

#7598 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I ordered that audio doohickey thingy to get rid of the audio hissing and crap from amazon. HOpe it helps

Make sure the remove the old one. I ordered two more so far, need to do my WOZ but it helped my POTC 100%.

#7599 4 years ago

My throne room doens't light up anymore. Looking closer at the led, I see a very dim green light. Is there anything to check ? Or do I need to get a new led strip ?

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My throne room doens't light up anymore. Looking closer at the led, I see a very dim green light. Is there anything to check ? Or do I need to get a new led strip ?

Probably the strip went bad, they fail somewhat frequently. You could check the voltage going to it - I want to say 12 volts but I don’t recall offhand, best to check the manual. Fortunately replacement led strips are rather inexpensive. Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 24.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 305.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.