Topic Stats

• 9,364 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by pinheadpierre
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,243 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

55F89334-66EE-490D-BB56-E5C90A33CFF3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
DDA8A1AF-F3F5-4302-995E-9B15024E3BE5 (resized).jpeg
D7365133-5712-4E63-AFAB-FFD2DB352547 (resized).jpeg
8D754EBC-78C1-4EB1-91E1-EB9E4A4E5360 (resized).jpeg
E1072C23-E140-4A5D-91E6-38D9623BFA65 (resized).jpeg
20191110_095548 (resized).jpg
20191110_095559 (resized).jpg
20191110_095618 (resized).jpg
6F82766D-9C22-4DEC-9581-BCB06E50E7D1 (resized).jpeg
DSC00281 (resized).JPG
EEDC6B54-D69A-4721-A44D-618AA6FEA518 (resized).jpeg
250D614C-D647-4850-A805-6EB4C095680B (resized).jpeg
7FE7806A-098A-4AD0-9E19-74241F9C91A4 (resized).jpeg
3D66C7DB-2A2D-4091-8BA9-823F8AED1230 (resized).jpeg
7BAE33D9-D93D-4E5F-AF99-AE458E9385F1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9364 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 188.
#7501 5 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Here's a pinstadium comparison on the RR that I just bought. Personally, not a fan on WOZ.
[quoted image]

Did you adjust the Pinstadiums at all? To me that's the real beauty of them you dial in the amount of white and any other color light you want and I think they are awesome on WOZ. They'll even interact with the light show if you hook them up to do so.

#7502 5 months ago

Fellas ... I’ll be joining your Club this Tuesday, I’m extremely happy about it and it will be my 1st JJP

... by the way it is not a Ruby Red, not an Emerald, not a Standard... I wanted a Yellow one, so it will be a Yellow LE #33

Regards

#7503 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok guys, today when I turned on my woz, the winged monkey made a grinding noise, but after that it was fine. The monkey seems to make a little "jump" right when it hits the wooden area where the opening is which I guess acts as a guide for when it goes down and up. Is this normal?

make sure the C clip + washer at the end of the rod didn't pop out making it loose. happened to mine and made a big difference.

#7504 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you adjust the Pinstadiums at all? To me that's the real beauty of them you dial in the amount of white and any other color light you want and I think they are awesome on WOZ. They'll even interact with the light show if you hook them up to do so.

I believe they were fully hooked up. I did not attempt to adjust mainly because I am fairly well set on the lighting solution I have/had so I am wanting to just do that. I also was not a fan of having to take them off each time I pulled the playfield (a surprise the first time). I know there is a better mounting solution coming but still, was a pain.

#7505 5 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I like the look of that. What combination of lights did you use?

Here is a thread I started on building my own WOZ lighting kit... I'm literally doing it right now so I'll add details as I get them done: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-custom-woz-lighting-upgrade-kit#post-5001149

#7506 5 months ago

Can I just use a glove smear
Some on the fingers and rub it on the long screw ? Just a few drops? Thanks for help

#7507 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can I just use a glove smear
Some on the fingers and rub it on the long screw ? Just a few drops? Thanks for help

Definitely. A little 3 in 1 oil works too.

#7508 5 months ago

Hi all - having an issue with my monkey magnet sense. It activates fine (in test magnet sense goes green) but then it wont switch off even if I move the sensor away from the machine. The only way to switch it off is to unplug the board and reconnect. Then if I try again, same result. Don't think it's a positioning issue. Dodgy sensor perhaps? Or something weird with 7.01 update? Thanks.

#7510 5 months ago

I just realized my woz rr is 1475 I’m assuming this one of the last batch off the line?

#7511 5 months ago

No. Game number has nothing to do with build order.

#7512 5 months ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Hi all - having an issue with my monkey magnet sense. It activates fine (in test magnet sense goes green) but then it wont switch off even if I move the sensor away from the machine. The only way to switch it off is to unplug the board and reconnect. Then if I try again, same result. Don't think it's a positioning issue. Dodgy sensor perhaps? Or something weird with 7.01 update? Thanks.

What board does it plug into? Perhaps the board is bad.

#7513 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:No. Game number has nothing to do with build order.

Does that only apply to jjp?

#7514 5 months ago

I’m not really impressed with sound system there is like no bass at all . Is this normal ?

#7515 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m not really impressed with sound system there is like no bass at all . Is this normal ?

Sound is awesome on this machine - check your audio settings in the WOZ Menu (or even backup your settings to USB and then try restoring everything to default) to see if that makes any difference. Failing that it could be something to do with the speaker in the base of the cabinet - maybe check the wiring for that and/or check the wiring on the pinsound board.

#7516 5 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What board does it plug into? Perhaps the board is bad.

I hope not it plugs into the main I/O PCB Assembly which handles almost every switch on the game. I'm guessing maybe there's a problem with the hall effect sensor on the magnet sense board or the resistor (don't think it's much else as they are the only thing on the board) but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. I've sent a ticket to JJP as I can't see replacement parts for the store - alternatively I could look at ordering the hall effect sensor and resistor and trying to repair it. I'd rather just buy a replacement if needed though - just to be sure.

#7517 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does that only apply to jjp?

JJP is who I’m talking about - other manufacturers I’m not sure.

#7518 5 months ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Sound is awesome on this machine - check your audio settings in the WOZ Menu (or even backup your settings to USB and then try restoring everything to default) to see if that makes any difference. Failing that it could be something to do with the speaker in the base of the cabinet - maybe check the wiring for that and/or check the wiring on the pinsound board.

Well I upgraded the firmware from 6.0 to the newest 7.01. Sound is still the same.. its lacking bass. My Dialed in has much more bass then the WOZ. I guess Ill check the wires, I hate lifting the playfield, but if I have to I guess I have to. Another option is I do have a left over sub, I can hook that up to the line out on the back?

#7519 5 months ago

Check the connectors at the back of the silver board box in the center, inside and out. One there is for the woofer.

#7520 5 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

Not a big fan on pinstadium on WOZ either, I think it makes the game light show less spectacular.

Definately. Its help reduce the "seizure" effect though.

#7521 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the connectors at the back of the silver board box in the center, inside and out. One there is for the woofer.

I just tried an external sub since I had one laying around. Wow.. amazing! Its so awesome.. love it. I wish all pins had an external out connector like WOZ has. That should just be an automatic.

#7522 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just tried an external sub since I had one laying around. Wow.. amazing! Its so awesome.. love it. I wish all pins had an external out connector like WOZ has. That should just be an automatic.

Curious how you went about hooking to the external sub? I have one sitting around that came from a previous auto. It’s 12” and powerful. Not sure it could be pushed at all or might need an amplifier.

#7523 5 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Curious how you went about hooking to the external sub? I have one sitting around that came from a previous auto. It’s 12” and powerful. Not sure it could be pushed at all or might need an amplifier.

There is an AUX out on the back of the machine.

#7524 5 months ago

Does anyone know if the RR comes with invisiglass?

#7525 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It does.

#7526 5 months ago

There is an AUX out on the back of the machine.

Yes. I just meant what cables used and did he need an amp or directly to the sub worked, etc...

#7527 5 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Yes. I just meant what cables used and did he need an amp or directly to the sub worked, etc...

I just used a 3mm headphone like cord, to rca white and red to the back of the R/L input on the sub. I think it sounds awesome now. Wish didn't have to use external sub, not sure if something wrong with my internal sub, but it sounds freaking amazing. JJP makes awesome pins.

#7528 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Other than obviously not seeing a reflection, is there any easier to way to know if I have invisglass or not? For some reason I don't feel like I do because I can some mild reflection form the backbox LCD

Mo

#7529 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Other than obviously not seeing a reflection, is there any easier to way to know if I have invisglass or not? For some reason I don't feel like I do because I can some mild reflection form the backbox LCD
Mo

It will have a JJP emblem in white in the lower right corner, or upper left if its in upside down. It also says invisoglass under that white jjp emblem.

#7530 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just used a 3mm headphone like cord, to rca white and red to the back of the R/L input on the sub. I think it sounds awesome now. Wish didn't have to use external sub, not sure if something wrong with my internal sub, but it sounds freaking amazing. JJP makes awesome pins.

So I tried this and I think I just have too big of a subwoofer. Couldn’t push any noticeable sound out of it.

#7531 5 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

So I tried this and I think I just have too big of a subwoofer. Couldn’t push any noticeable sound out of it.

Is the sub a powered sub?

#7532 5 months ago

Negative Ghostrider. Just a 12” in a box left over from an auto.

#7533 5 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Negative Ghostrider. Just a 12” in a box left over from an auto.

Okay. That would take a pretty decent amp to power coming from someone who builds competition level sound systems.

#7534 5 months ago

External sub with no amp is going to do nothing.

Get the PinWoofer kit.

#7535 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

External sub with no amp is going to do nothing.
Get the PinWoofer kit.

Well. Was hoping oneangrymo had similar equipment to mine but sounds like his sub is powered. Will need to procure additional equipment (and knowledge). Thanks!

#7536 5 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Well. Was hoping oneangrymo had similar equipment to mine but sounds like his sub is powered. Will need to procure additional equipment (and knowledge). Thanks!

If you are looking for a cheap amplifier that will do awesome on bass, I warmly encourage you to get this one
amazon.com link »

It's based on a Tripath chip that does magic for audio, especially in bass impact and resolution.

#7537 5 months ago

Has anyone found touch up paint for the red powder coated RR stuff? Haven't been able to find a way to get just a small amount of touchup paint that matches (with the metal flake). I assume it won't be a perfect match but maybe something close.

#7538 5 months ago

For anyone who was interested in my resolution for audio "pop" at power on, here is a thread I started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eliminating-the-dc-pop-on-game-power-on

#7539 5 months ago

Has anyone found touch up paint for the red powder coated RR stuff? Haven't been able to find a way to get just a small amount of touchup paint that matches (with the metal flake). I assume it won't be a perfect match but maybe something close.

Yes I would like to know if there is such a thing.

#7540 5 months ago

Has anyone found touch up paint for the red powder coated RR stuff?

I heard this was a custom color.

This in the neighborhood but not the same.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-6905/illusion-cherry?gclid=Cj0KCQiApbzhBRDKARIsAIvZue9SAzYmbA9ViYZMmGvR1M2i1bqVk2N6wZhaMFaIbkfjP7-nFhq4XxIaAiqVEALw_wcB

a battle of reds (resized).jpg
#7541 5 months ago

Yeah, but that's not paint... I am definitely not looking to get things powder coated again. I just have a few tiny nicks. I tried a paint called "candy apple red" from a ford car but it had no metal flake in it. It was close but just not quite right, it needed at least some flake. I'm gonna keep searching.

#7542 5 months ago

AH HA... Modfather paints his RR and ECLE parts with paint, he says so on his site. "tuscan red base" and then metallic flake sprayed over and then clear. I suppose if spraying is the only option, I'd do it on tiny areas. I don't know what that base is from, but I'm guessing an automotive paint. I'm sending him a note asking if there is a way to get some of the paint or where he sources, etc.

*If we're going spray can this looks like it might be a match: amazon.com link »

I suppose you could spray it in a cup and use a tiny brush for small sections. I have no idea what the match is like, but I might order a can just to test.

*Another option seems like it could be these mixed with some clear or actual red paint: amazon.com link »

*Another paint that might work: amazon.com link »

*Probably not the best amazon.com link »

*Another duplicolor spray, ford specific amazon.com link »

Edit - Ok, I ordered the first option above and some tiny touch-up brushes. I'll report on how it looks.

#7543 5 months ago

Tell what else am I supposed to do or look for with my WOZ RR? Everything works fine just no bass, thats why I added subwoofer and my monkey has grinding noise, lube is on the way! What else should I be doing other then playing? Any defects or known issues I should look for?
Thanks guys
Mo

#7544 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Tell what else am I supposed to do or look for with my WOZ RR? Everything works fine just no bass, thats why I added subwoofer and my monkey has grinding noise, lube is on the way! What else should I be doing other then playing? Any defects or known issues I should look for?
Thanks guys
Mo

Cliffy protectors if you haven't yet. Covers all the big wear areas. I would add further pop bumper protection personally, some additional mylar circles. The protector there is about 1/3" too far away from the actual pop bumpers. It requires removal, but it's not too hard. Also, mylar behind the winky target (I don't know if the cliffy covers enough, mine is worn down quite a distance). Mylar square under the VUK drop point on the castle playfield, if not already there. Mylar around the VUK behind the castle doors, the edge around the hole gets beat up.

Mods?

Shooter housing: https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz/products/woz-ruby-red-shooter-housing
Shooter rod: https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz/products/woz-ruby-red-shooter-rod
Sparkle city: https://cointaker.com/products/woz-sparkle-city

Both of these could be done yourself, but mezel makes a great kit:
Light up winky: https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-illuminated-winkie-target?variant=705017705
State fair led: https://mezelmods.com/collections/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-state-fair

#7545 5 months ago

Actually, if you want the light up winkie target, indypinhead from Pinside make a superior one. Nothing against Mezelmods as they make some great stuff, but there have been issues with their winkie and the one indypinhead makes is way better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

#7546 5 months ago

Chuck / Modfather got back to me. He suggested this paint https://www.michaels.com/craft-smart-gloss-acrylic-paint/10194082.html#q=tuscan%20red&start=7 (which I believe is what he uses on his parts) and suggested some nail polish clear as a top coat. I might just coordinate this with using a can of 2X Spray Max clear and dab some of that on instead. The only thing is that there won't be any metallic then, which I am pretty sure will stand out (like the ford paint I tested).

Then I thought maybe there is nail polish clear with metal flake, well there are some options but it's hard to tell what would look good. Then, I thought about my wife and mom who do "gel" nails which is a UV cured polish. Maybe that is a thing to think about, I know there is UV curing in dental work and in some adhesives for repair work. Maybe a UV cured polish will provide more protection.

Not sure what is going to match, so another toss-up unless there is a local store with a lot of options. I'll ask my wife.

amazon.com link »

amazon.com link »

amazon.com link »

There are kits with a few sparkle polishes, so maybe they can be blended like paints.

Here is a UV glue kit, but I think you can just grab a UV light and be fine
amazon.com link »

Doing some more research on this.. would be really nice to have a simple paint on and cure match.

#7547 5 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Actually, if you want the light up winkie target, indypinhead from Pinside make a superior one. Nothing against Mezelmods as they make some great stuff, but there have been issues with their winkie and the one indypinhead makes is way better.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-drop-target-for-woz

Hum... honestly, not a huge fan of that design. I am changing the Mezel mods bulb for something a bit more targeted and with a dimmer control inline so I can adjust. But I like their drop target look better, and it's the Winky as it was originally, sort of. You can also just grab their replacement target and wire up your own light, very easy.

#7548 5 months ago

I used the color changing LED from Comet as the bulb for my Winkie.. Looks good changing colors all the time on a slow fade. As for the target, the MM one might look a little better, but there have been a lot of issues with it breaking which is what I was referring to in regards to quality. The one indypinhead makes is pretty much indestructible. To each their own though... They both work and have good and bad points I suppose.

#7549 5 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

I used the color changing LED from Comet as the bulb for my Winkie.. Looks good changing colors all the time on a slow fade. As for the target, the MM one might look a little better, but there have been a lot of issues with it breaking which is what I was referring to in regards to quality. The one indypinhead makes is pretty much indestructible. To each their own though... They both work and have good and bad points I suppose.

I thought they redesigned theirs? I know it's from http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-drop-target-williams-p-47.html but haven't heard of any issues. Interesting.

I wondered about the color changing light. My only concern is that it would be confused with the color changing targets. Would you mind taking a video? I was highly considering installing another switch (or if possibly, using the drop target switch that is there) to turn the light on only when the target is up. I also think I might do a blue/purple light to match the winky color.

#7550 5 months ago

They may have redesigned their target, I just know that initially they were breaking constantly and the reviews reflect that. It might be a better product now, but the initial problems were why I steered clear and have been VERY happy with Indypinhead's design.

As for the color changing bulb, it does not change in conjunction with the rest of the lights and Im okay with that. It was either going to be an always on solid color, or a slow fade to many colors. I went with the changing colors. I didnt do any extra work to make it on/off as you are thinking or to try and get it to go with the rest of the light show. I suppose there would be a way to get a JJP LED board and have it mirror another close by light so it works in conjunction with the rest of the game? Something to think about I suppose..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 11,500.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 9364 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside