767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 306.
#7451 4 years ago

Edit: double post

#7453 4 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

It’s insane how heavy this machine is. Makes sttng feel light!!

#7454 4 years ago

Well the WOZ is up for sale

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I bought this new in box and it has less than 250 plays on it. It's the Automated Services exclusive Emerald Green edition, one of only 100 ever made. It has most of the features...”
2019-05-15
Colgate, WI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 510 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7455 4 years ago

What ???? Didn’t u just get it ?

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What ???? Didn’t u just get it ?

Yea. It has just not jived with our family. We played it a lot at a friend's house and really liked it, but once we got it in home, the love was lost for whatever reason. It's a beautiful pin, just not for us it seems, can't really put my finger on why.

#7457 4 years ago

f3honda4me

Wow!

That's a GREAT price! i don't think you'll have any issues selling it. It's "practically" NIB...very close!

#7458 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea. It has just not jived with our family. We played it a lot at a friend's house and really liked it, but once we got it in home, the love was lost for whatever reason. It's a beautiful pin, just not for us it seems, can't really put my finger on why.

Man after what I went through today to get it into my basement I hope I don’t feel the same way !

Happy to say my woz arrived in basement damage free . Now legs . Man my legs are tired

9E3BE998-94D0-4991-B3A6-8C0AE3236D70 (resized).jpeg9E3BE998-94D0-4991-B3A6-8C0AE3236D70 (resized).jpegC3731094-6C8F-4F25-97CD-BECDD6ED5686 (resized).jpegC3731094-6C8F-4F25-97CD-BECDD6ED5686 (resized).jpeg
#7459 4 years ago

I had a strange one today. Playing with my son, 3 players, he gets players 1 and 3. I was doing great on ball 2 of player 2. Haunted multiball stacked with emerald city multi ball and had made it to the witch battle but lost. As I was having balls auto launched during another multi ball of some sort I noticed I earned a skill shot which seemed weird. When I finally drained out, the game was on player two, ball 1 and player 1 had 17,000 points. Sooo strange.

#7460 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I noticed I earned a skill shot

Switch need adjusting to less sensitive ?

LTG : )

#7461 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man after what I went through today to get it into my basement I hope I don’t feel the same way !
Happy to say my woz arrived in basement damage free . Now legs . Man my legs are tired [quoted image][quoted image]

WOOOOO... nice. Sorry to hear about the basement, lol. My RR arrives tomorrow and I just get to wheel it in!

#7462 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Happy to say my woz arrived in basement damage free . Now legs . Man my legs are tired [quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take that alien off your hands.

#7463 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch need adjusting to less sensitive ?

This in hindsight is when I think the fourth player was added and the game reset. A skill shot shouldn’t be available mid ball should it? Just as another note, I had earned at least two extra balls that I thought I was playing through.

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

This in hindsight is when I think the fourth player was added and the game reset. A skill shot shouldn’t be available mid ball should it? Just as another note, I had earned at least two extra balls that I thought I was playing through.

Perhaps things got confused. You pushed the start button unintentionally and started a fourth player? Also, if you are playing with balls in reserve, then you don’t play through your extra balls but still alternate turns and get your extra balls at the end. I wouldn’t worry about it unless it happens again. My guess is that you guys lost track of whose turn it was. I know when I have friends over, it can sometimes be an easy thing to do.

#7465 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

A skill shot shouldn’t be available mid ball should it? Just as another note,

No, but mucking up the switch matrix might cause other things.

#7466 4 years ago

Hey guys so my woz is up and running and initially I had a switch error 20 but that went away. My flying monkey seems to be rubbing against the play field . Please see photo what should I do to fix it ? It’s kind of scratching near the top where the flying monkey comes from. Maybe the track that it goes on is loose? Any ideas would be appreciated. its mild, but there, I may need to cover it up with some black marker on the wood panel. This seems to be the only problem so far! Kind of reminds me of the Alien head mech same kind of idea I guess.
Thanks

A0A020E3-EB47-490C-A7BA-EE018E08D007 (resized).jpegA0A020E3-EB47-490C-A7BA-EE018E08D007 (resized).jpeg

#7467 4 years ago

Just joined the club on Monday with a ECLE (OZ Rescue Edition). What a great game. Managed to somehow stack a bunch of multiballs and melt the witch. What a rush

IMG_2287 (resized).jpgIMG_2287 (resized).jpg
#7468 4 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Just joined the club on Monday with a ECLE (OZ Rescue Edition). What a great game. Managed to somehow stack a bunch of multiballs and melt the witch. What a rush
[quoted image]

@mjfisher, you just joined! Melted the witch AND stacked multiballs, and racked up 1.7 mil?! We want you to stick around the club for a while...

#7469 4 years ago

Does anyone have a spare key chain plastic? My WOZRR didn't come with one and I cant stand it

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys so my woz is up and running and initially I had a switch error 20 but that went away. My flying monkey seems to be rubbing against the play field . Please see photo what should I do to fix it ? It’s kind of scratching near the top where the flying monkey comes from. Maybe the track that it goes on is loose? Any ideas would be appreciated. its mild, but there, I may need to cover it up with some black marker on the wood panel. This seems to be the only problem so far! Kind of reminds me of the Alien head mech same kind of idea I guess.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Could be a little tight at the top.
See if you can loosen the screws holding the track on and move the upper end up slightly.
If it wont go up enough, elongate the holes in the upper mounting bracket slightly with a dremel.

It only has to up a little to avoid scraping. Binding in the unit will shorten its life.

Sharpie marker will cover the scrape perfectly.

#7471 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

See if you can loosen the screws holing the track on and move the upper end up slightly.
If it wont go up enough, elongate the holes in the upper mounting bracket slightly with a dremel.

May I recommend a Sharpie paint marker? Covers a little better, has a closer finish and doesn't have that sort of purple hue to it. I have two different sets from different manufacturers and use them for all sorts of touch-ups.

https://www.amazon.com/s

#7472 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

May I recommend a Sharpie paint marker? Covers a little better, has a closer finish and doesn't have that sort of purple hue to it. I have two different sets from different manufacturers and use them for all sorts of touch-ups.
amazon.com link »

Absolutely. Paint pens Rock... and they dont fade to purple like markers do.

#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

See if you can loosen the screws holing the track on and move the upper end up slightly.

Someone want to come over to Michigan and fix it for freeeeeee???!!!

#7474 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Someone want to come over to Michigan and fix it for freeeeeee???!!!

Probably just loosening the mounting screws on both ends and pulling the top end up a tiny bit will fix it.
re-tighten the screws after its adjusted.

#7475 4 years ago

Look what showed up today. WOZ #2! Who wants to buy an SE?

0516191148 (resized).jpg0516191148 (resized).jpg0516191219a (resized).jpg0516191219a (resized).jpg
#7478 4 years ago

My 2.0 kit arrived today. It’s almost as if it knew as for the first time I had lamp anomalies.

State fair target lamps locked on (well some of them did) I’d obviously lit them all as the ball save mode started but the lamps which were illuminated were stuck blue. Also a few random yellow brick road lamps were also stuck on blue.

Turned the game on and off again and played for about an hour and half without issue. Odd !!

#7479 4 years ago

Would someone please post a picture of the winky target reset switch? Preferably from a newer game. Here is a pic of my older SE and the newer RR has a different configuration. My switch is dangling so I think I need at least a switch backing plate and screws but not sure if that clear plastic piece is something needed on the new mech. The mounting on my SE looks different than the RR.

Picture is my SE.

Additional question, would anyone happen to know which screws and plate I need from Marco? I am going to place an order with JJP so I am going to ask them as well.

0516191442 (resized).jpg0516191442 (resized).jpg

#7480 4 years ago

This is the only picture I have of the one in my RR, the plastic piece is usually there to protect the contacts on the switch.

IMG_20150825_174344877 (resized).jpgIMG_20150825_174344877 (resized).jpg

#7481 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is the only picture I have of the one in my RR, the plastic piece is usually there to protect the contacts on the switch.
[quoted image]

Sweet, that helps! Thanks!

Now to see if JJP can get me those parts or maybe Marco can figure out which ones.

AHA ... I found some of the stuff in the bottom of the cabinet. Not sure if there is more in there maybe under the PC case but it was on it's end being shipped so I would think everything went towards the back where I found this stuff.

0516191620 (resized).jpg0516191620 (resized).jpg
#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks
[quoted image]

Well bless my heart when I lifted the glass to inspect Monkey mech that’s not a scratch from rubbing it’s just some white grease ! So no adjustment needed after all !

#7483 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well bless my heart when I lifted the glass to inspect Monkey mech that’s not a scratch from rubbing it’s just some white grease ! So no adjustment needed after all !

BOOM! Nice.. do keep that threaded rod and the guide rods lubed. That monkey can howl if you don't use enough lube.

#7484 4 years ago

Ok but now my other question is why does the shaker motor feel like
A cell phone ringing like from dialed in ?

#7485 4 years ago

If anyone is having whining/hissing sounds coming out of the speakers during the boot process or cracking/popping noises when the game is fully on, it is likely your ground loop isolator/noise reducer thingy that JJP used. It's easily replaced, I wrote up a thread detailing my look into it with a part I replaced it with from Amazon: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-else-have-this-hissing-whining-on-boot-on-any-jjp-game#post-4998295

The WOZ noise isolator is in the bottom of the cabinet against the back wall, little black box. The new one just plugs right in.

#7486 4 years ago

Hey guys my decals on the backbox have some mild damage from shipping . My distributor is likely going to send new ones . Do u have any tips on how to take off old ones and put on new ones ? I went through a similar issue with my Star Wars but that was so factory fresh the decal peeled right off

#7487 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my decals on the backbox have some mild damage from shipping . My distributor is likely going to send new ones . Do u have any tips on how to take off old ones and put on new ones ? I went through a similar issue with my Star Wars but that was so factory fresh the decal peeled right off

Are we talking radcals or vinyl decals?

#7488 4 years ago

Are we talking radcals or vinyl decals?

I wish I had radcals, then I dont think there would have been any damage at all .. but nope sold out. They are the vinyl decals
Thanks.

#7489 4 years ago

Why did you pull them out? Seems like a nice upgrade to have.

#7490 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Why did you pull them out? Seems like a nice upgrade to have.

I'm just not a huge fan. I am doing a custom spotlight, trough and back board lighting similar to my other WoZ.

0516191823f.jpg0516191823f.jpg
#7491 4 years ago

I kind of like the darkness of woz, makes me feel like I’m sitting in a theater

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I kind of like the darkness of woz, makes me feel like I’m sitting in a theater

I like playing with the lights off (that's how that pic was taken) which I could do on every other game I have but WoZ. The sort of purple lighting plays great with the other lighting effects.

#7493 4 years ago

I'm just not a huge fan. I am doing a custom spotlight, trough and back board lighting similar to my other WoZ.
[quoted image]

I like the look of that. What combination of lights did you use?

#7494 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I like the look of that. What combination of lights did you use?

That is actually the pinball-bulbs.com WOZ specific kit. I think I changed the bulbs but they were similar when I got it. The back right WOZ spotlight (pointing at the EC) I changed to green and the other two stock are still white, but upgraded. The kit is 6 additional spotlights (standard chrome two piece spotlights, two on each sling and two right near the haunted forest) and 2 LED strips (sort of purple for the trough and blue for the backboard). It runs off 6v and comes with a step down transformer to use the JJP 12v hookup. Now that I saw that kit I just devised my own but with some changes:

1. I used only the one piece black spotlights that JJP uses. Looks consistent, clean and they don't come apart.
2. I am keeping everything at 12v so there are no bulb mixups (yes, I burned several bulbs). I am using bulbs from comet pinball, they have 12v bulbs in several options.
3. I am using RGB LED strips with a dimmer/channel controller so I can mix any brightness and color I want

I am building a little wiring harness so it all plugs it to look stock.

I can post details on the install and pieces if you want to match it.

#7495 4 years ago

Here's a pinstadium comparison on the RR that I just bought. Personally, not a fan on WOZ.

76b6e9a7ed773734e871ec0ea1ce7a9020c5352d (resized).jpeg76b6e9a7ed773734e871ec0ea1ce7a9020c5352d (resized).jpeg
#7496 4 years ago

Not a big fan on pinstadium on WOZ either, I think it makes the game light show less spectacular.

#7497 4 years ago

Ok guys, today when I turned on my woz, the winged monkey made a grinding noise, but after that it was fine. The monkey seems to make a little "jump" right when it hits the wooden area where the opening is which I guess acts as a guide for when it goes down and up. Is this normal?
Czn u guys recommend what lube to get ? Maybe an amazon page ?

#7498 4 years ago

Also just want to say this game is awesome . There is so much on the play field it’s crazy. I got a spinnng house , a witch that appears , castle doors to break open , mini games like save Toto etc , a crystal ball , and a freaking monkey plus more ! Awesome game !

F9664085-A5F8-4B48-BCF7-5E15A8615F46 (resized).jpegF9664085-A5F8-4B48-BCF7-5E15A8615F46 (resized).jpeg
#7499 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok guys, today when I turned on my woz, the winged monkey made a grinding noise, but after that it was fine. The monkey seems to make a little "jump" right when it hits the wooden area where the opening is which I guess acts as a guide for when it goes down and up. Is this normal?
Czn u guys recommend what lube to get ? Maybe an amazon page ?

Yep lube will help. I use this one it’s dense so you can put it on a stick and lube the whole shaft from a distance without spilling everywhere

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-B105

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

put it on a stick and lube the whole shaft

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 306.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/150?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.