Topic Stats

• 9,762 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 238 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,297 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17F57B73-77DE-40B2-B3E3-7DE861C2B173 (resized).jpeg
0114202103 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
23DFA0F8-F7D9-42C7-8453-91C8A1D53110 (resized).jpeg
FD7E2A3C-284E-40FF-B7CA-E61EE101FC4D (resized).jpeg
48412A48-5DB3-409D-87E0-6561CAAC4287 (resized).jpeg
5A5C6F21-5817-44DD-AD1E-007D340956E3 (resized).jpeg
B46EE18D-238B-473F-9CCC-5C7024BE0644 (resized).jpeg
F7AAC952-38F1-4E43-A438-332C3312069A (resized).jpeg
54291594-2914-42B3-9F07-0D00BB386FA9 (resized).jpeg
8E504E51-718C-4C02-8AC5-CD6CDFE89043 (resized).jpeg
0241E615-0E07-4B7A-8CA3-CA4B3DE8CD87.jpeg
41FFFEBA-72F4-4B67-8ABE-84B207C59FA1.jpeg
3E45001E-B173-486D-8F98-DA99B261538F.jpeg
hallmark_2025 (resized).jpg
4DBCA69C-D905-4480-826D-DC07C7F064F9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9762 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 196.
#701 4 years ago

I have to agree...it is very fulfilling to stack the modes. I have been getting better, but my scores have not.

#702 4 years ago

I have recently been getting some real good scores since going for the HOADC. The bonuses can really get up there. Prior to this, I went about 4 weeks without cracking a high score in the top 8.

#703 4 years ago

Got a WOZECLE woot!!

#704 4 years ago

Doostur,

congrats on your purchase, You bought that when the ink was still wet on the for sale post lol (52 seconds or something like that)

I can't wait for my WOZ to ship from JJP, should be in the next week or so, Welcome to the club

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

Doostur,
congrats on your purchase, You bought that when the ink was still wet on the for sale post lol (52 seconds or something like that)
I can't wait for my WOZ to ship from JJP, should be in the next week or so, Welcome to the club

Ya I sure did get lucky. Right place at right time. Best of all... wifey is happy. I picked a TOM to hold her over just a week ago... darn, looms like we got two awe some pins

#706 4 years ago

my wife loved TOM and is still pissed that I sold it a few years ago, she also loves WOZ so we are lucky to have pin wifes, not required but makes life so much easier

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I have to agree...it is very fulfilling to stack the modes. I have been getting better, but my scores have not.

Yea, even with that massive stack, my score was only 450k, but good enough for the 8th spot on my top scores. I've gotta improve on completing the modes, not just getting them started. but still, massive fun.

#708 4 years ago

my wife loved TOM and is still pissed that I sold it a few years ago, she also loves WOZ so we are lucky to have pin wifes, not required but makes life so much easier

Agree'd, got a TSPP and it was wifey who wanted to pull the trigger on WOZ, i had noooooo prob with that.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yea, even with that massive stack, my score was only 450k, but good enough for the 8th spot on my top scores. I've gotta improve on completing the modes, not just getting them started. but still, massive fun.

That 500k default score has been driving me nuts. I only have a month or two left with my woz, I really hope to crack it.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

That 500k default score has been driving me nuts. I only have a month or two left with my woz, I really hope to crack it.

haha! yeah that default HS haunted me for like the first 4 months I owned the machine. The night i finally beat was like the best time ever.

2 weeks later
#711 4 years ago

image.jpg

FINALLY!

Let me tell any one frustrated with their scores on woz. Stacking is key. I had multiple emerald city mb stacked on a crystal ball stacked on fireball frenzy on this particular game. Im set on 3 ball and i had 2 eb during this game. Felt SO GOOD.

#712 4 years ago

Ha same boat except I have not sold TOM yet. She won't let it happen, "she has the magic". We are loving WOZ.

#713 4 years ago

FINALLY melted the Witch for my third time after about a 4 month drought!!!..can't tell you how satisfying that mode is!!!...mark

#714 4 years ago

I see it mentioned a Haunted Forest MB, if so how do you achieve it?

I'm beyond pitiful at this game the best was 3 emeralds and that was just once.

If I ever get to melting the witch I'm sure I have no idea what to do next. Papa tutorial would sure be nice.

thanks

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I'm beyond pitiful at this game the best was 3 emeralds and that was just once.
If I ever get to melting the witch I'm sure I have no idea what to do next. Papa tutorial would sure be nice.
thanks

No idea on the HMB but i did activate it on my recent epic game some how.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Hit the pop bumpers until the "Collect" arrow is lit. Send the ball down the collect corridor to start a Haunted Forest scording mode. There are four:
1) Haunted shots
2) Haunted targets
3) Haunted holes
4) Haunted bumpers

When you finish all four, hit the pops and "Collect" again and you'll have Haunted multiball and the purple gem.

#717 4 years ago

How to you scroll from "shots" to "bumpers"?

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

How to you scroll from "shots" to "bumpers"?

They switch each time you start a haunted mode. So play one, then the next, and so on. Finally, you will get HMB.

And I changed the setup of my WOZ. I added almost a full degree of pitch just to change it up. It changed everything. It did make the castle easier (I'm moving the post back now), and it changed the timings out of the munchkin locks. Totally changes the pace of the game.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And I changed the setup of my WOZ. I added almost a full degree of pitch just to change it up.

Are you now at 7 degrees?

#720 4 years ago

I'm at 6.5 degrees and it feels just right.

I'm curious.... what power/speed setting is everyone using in their pop bumpers?

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Are you now at 7 degrees?

Yup, and I like it there. It was feeling a bit too slow, and I got to the witch battle 3 games in a row. Granted, I was playing very well that night, but if I'm getting to a main feature of a game that often something is wrong with my setup. This should make it a bit tougher.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

I'm curious.... what power/speed setting is everyone using in their pop bumpers?

I'm using 12 for the pops and 10 for the State Fair pop.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Hit the pop bumpers until the "Collect" arrow is lit. Send the ball down the collect corridor to start a Haunted Forest scording mode. There are four:
1) Haunted shots
2) Haunted targets
3) Haunted holes
4) Haunted bumpers
When you finish all four, hit the pops and "Collect" again and you'll have Haunted multiball and the purple gem.

Thank you I don't think I was ever close I remember seeing, Haunted shots and Haunted targets but not 3 & 4. I'll work on this. I really need an outline , Cliff notes or a tutor.

#724 4 years ago

I don't remember the settings but I cut down the pops a lot and state fair a little. The game is much quieter now and I haven't noticed a difference in ball speed exiting the bumpers. Also you don't get the feeling the ball is being forced through the playfield.

#725 4 years ago

Well it looks like I may be joining the club here soon. I'm looking forward to it. I've got couple of questions for you current WOZ owners.

1. The machine I'm buying is a standard. It shows that it's #184/1000 on the apron...I though only the emerald city LEs were numbered. What's with that?

2. When did WOZ switch to decals and the updated light boards? This machine was made June or July of '14. Current owner (super good guy) says it has decals and thinks it has the new light boards. Anybody know when they switched? Anything else different on some machines?

Thanks for the input guys.

WO.jpg
#726 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well it looks like I may be joining the club here soon. I'm looking forward to it. I've got couple of questions for you current WOZ owners.
1. The machine I'm buying is a standard. It shows that it's #184/1000 on the apron...I though only the emerald city LEs were numbered. What's with that?
2. When did WOZ switch to decals and the updated light boards? This machine was made June or July of '14. Current owner (super good guy) says it has decals and thinks it has the new light boards. Anybody know when they switched? Anything else different on some machines?
Thanks for the input guys.

WO.jpg

Standards were numbered for the first 1000 like the ECLE.

#727 4 years ago

Can't tell you exactly when they switched - but mine was built in Nov 2013 and it has the new light boards - so I am guessing you are good to go. The first 1000 standards were also numbered but did not include the LE appearance package (wood apron, emerald rails, etc.). Mine is number 57 and the decal on the apron looks exactly like that one in your picture. Mine, however, is early enough that I have a screened/cc cab. Welcome to the club!

#728 4 years ago

Hi, now it's done, my WOZ ECLE arrived on 23. April 2015 and it's an greate game.
I have number #579.

579.jpg
#729 4 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Welcome to the club!

Well thanks! Not quite yet...but hopefully.

One more question. Has any of you ever lost the key to their WOZ? Current owner misplaced the key. He was going to call JJP today to see if they would have a replacement key for it. My guess is that they wouldn't have that information on file and that drilling would be the only option? Anyone?

Oh and if drilling is required, is the coindoor lock the same as a Stern?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=20

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well thanks! Not quite yet...but hopefully.
One more question. Has any of you ever lost the key to their WOZ? Current owner misplaced the key. He was going to call JJP today to see if they would have a replacement key for it. My guess is that they wouldn't have that information on file and that drilling would be the only option? Anyone?

Is the game missing both keys or just the backbox key? The backbox key is hung just inside the coin door.

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the game missing both keys or just the backbox key? The backbox key is hung just inside the coin door.

It's the coin door key that is missing.

#732 4 years ago

Recently joined the club and couldn't be happier about the purchase. Set the pitch at 6.5 and haven't looked back.

#733 4 years ago

How strong is the castle miniplayfield flipper supposed to be?

Mine is kind of weak, but very playable. I had assumed it was supposed to be like that, but someone posted about their flipper coil stop needing to be tightened and loc-tited, to get that flipper strong and behaving like it should.

I just don't want to have to deal with removing the castle PF if there isn't anything wrong with that flipper being weakish.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

One more question. Has any of you ever lost the key to their WOZ?

Yes, I've lost a key and had to drill.
That key lock will fit basically every pinball machine, including Woz. In fact, I make it a point to always remove the stock key and replace it with that exact lock. That way, every machine I have uses the same key. In the worst case, you are one Pinball Life order away from having the key you need.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Mine is kind of weak, but very playable. I had assumed it was supposed to be like that, but someone posted about their flipper coil stop needing to be tightened and loc-tited, to get that flipper strong and behaving like it should.
I just don't want to have to deal with removing the castle PF if there isn't anything wrong with that flipper being weakish.

Check the settings to see if you are below the default setting for that coil. I believe the settings that are the default light up green.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

As far as I know, every machine is numbered. You either have a numbered Emerald edition, a numbered standard, or a numbered Ruby Red edition.

#737 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like he drilled the lock and replaced it. All is well! Hope to be joining soon!

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Yours sounds like you may need to just adjust the strength. When the 2 of my coil stops loosened you first notice a failure of the flipper to return to rest position. No need to remove castle playfield yet.

#739 4 years ago

Joining the club today. Driving about 9 hours round trip today to go pick up a HUO standard with shaker, invisiglass, and a few other mods. I'm super psyched about this game. I never thought in my entire life I would spend this kind of money on my entire pinball collection, let alone one single pin.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Joining the club today. Driving about 9 hours round trip today to go pick up a HUO standard with shaker, invisiglass, and a few other mods. I'm super psyched about this game. I never thought in my entire life I would spend this kind of money on my entire pinball collection, let alone one single pin.

Totally worth it and congrats. be sure to take some pics and post.

#741 4 years ago

9 hours in the Tahoe today.... But well worth it!!!!

image.jpg
#742 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

9 hours in the Tahoe today.... But well worth it!!!!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Congrats!

#743 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what type of cable I should be using for hooking up an external sub? Should I use the line out? Or should I just tap right into the sub like my Sterns?

#744 4 years ago

I'll be officially joining the club tomorrow! Just got a call from R+L Carriers that my WOZ Standard direct from JJ will be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm leaving right after work to go out of town for a few days, so I won't be able to unbox it until Sunday. I placed the order at the end of January, so it's been a long 3 months of waiting, so what's a few more days?

I would like to add a shaker to to the machine and am wondering if I can use a regular Stern shaker motor kit and wire it up to the WOZ? Anybody add a non-JJ shaker to their WOZ Standard?

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what type of cable I should be using for hooking up an external sub? Should I use the line out? Or should I just tap right into the sub like my Sterns?

Line out is the perfect way to hook up a sub. Enjoy.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yep, use the line-out. Incidentally, I've known a few people (including myself) who found that the various cables between the PC and the line-out (at the cabinet rear) came loose during shipment, resulting in buzzing and other strange noises in the subwoofer. It should be straightforward to re-seat all the connectors, which are all standard 3.5mm headphone jacks.

#747 4 years ago

dupe.

#748 4 years ago

Sub hooked up and sounds great!

Now for the dumb question of the day..... How the hell does the skill shot work in WOZ?!

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sub hooked up and sounds great!
Now for the dumb question of the day..... How the hell does the skill shot work in WOZ?!

Skill shotS. There are several.

The top lanes. Nudge into the lit one for 5k and a 2X bonus.

The witch. Short plunge to the upper right flipper and smack the witch. It starts a witch hurry up and awards 7500.

Short plunge to the upper right flipper and hit the haunted forest target. Quick way to start haunted modes. More points than the witch, but I forget the exact amount.

Short plunge to the upper right flipper, and then hit it out the left outlane... Because there is no way you are completing the last skill shot of hitting the lit BALL target. More points and as I recall, lights the crystal ball. But totally not worth the risk.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 9762 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside